Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Monday announced. Northern lockdown

Jump to newest

By *arahspice OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

Having travelled to Liverpool last week it was noticeable the lack of mask wearing.

Is it time to create area lockdowns for such areas and prevent them travelling South and spreading the disease outside of their areas

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Like a leper colony ?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Having travelled to Liverpool last week it was noticeable the lack of mask wearing.

Is it time to create area lockdowns for such areas and prevent them travelling South and spreading the disease outside of their areas "

S'funny..I've seen most people wearing them.

Fine by me..I've no intention of visiting the south.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Brighton

For areas that either cannot comprehend the rules or choose to ignore them yes it should result in both sanctions and prevention to areas that have lower infection figures .

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

1 part of the country blaming another part.

Well knock me down with a feather,I didn't see that coming.

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"1 part of the country blaming another part.

Well knock me down with a feather,I didn't see that coming."

Yeah Lionel, bloody Scousers

Reply privately

over a year ago

Brighton

Any area with higher figures ... let's face it there is a reason!

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Yeah Lionel, bloody Scousers "

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Any area with higher figures ... let's face it there is a reason!"

What's the reason?

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

What's the reason?"

Mass stupidity ?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

What's the reason?

Mass stupidity ?"

Probally why london was hit The hardest when it began then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Brighton

It's more about learning though , maybe Londoners are more abiding by the rules now and hence lower infection rates?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"It's more about learning though , maybe Londoners are more abiding by the rules now and hence lower infection rates?"

London is still by far the biggest hit region in the south

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Maybe more Londoners can work from home as they have office based jobs they can do online, whereas more Northerners work in factories and warehouses so they can't avoid mixing with others ?

Reply privately

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"Maybe more Londoners can work from home as they have office based jobs they can do online, whereas more Northerners work in factories and warehouses so they can't avoid mixing with others ? "

Do you think the northerners also wear flat caps and all have whippets

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Now dont quote me.

But heard a story about Mr Boris own parlimentry area having a higher R rate than Merseyside. But they aint on lock down.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

At the start of the pandemic, it was the south driving infection rates yet the whole country went into lockdown. The northern area I live in had bugger all Covid during the height of the thing in April/May. It's increased here now and so maybe we'll have lockdown again? Who knows? But why only us when we were locked down for the good of the whole nation earlier on?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/10/20 10:59:50]

Reply privately

By *ax777Man
over a year ago

Not here

"It's more about learning though , maybe Londoners are more abiding by the rules now and hence lower infection rates?

London is still by far the biggest hit region in the south "

But nowhere near the North West and North East

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"It's more about learning though , maybe Londoners are more abiding by the rules now and hence lower infection rates?

London is still by far the biggest hit region in the south

But nowhere near the North West and North East"

Nope we seem to be the hardest hit now

Reply privately

By *dores blackmenWoman
over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

"At the start of the pandemic, it was the south driving infection rates yet the whole country went into lockdown. The northern area I live in had bugger all Covid during the height of the thing in April/May. It's increased here now and so maybe we'll have lockdown again? Who knows? But why only us when we were locked down for the good of the whole nation earlier on? "

At the beginning it was a wake up call to all of the uk

Now it needs to be certain area's unfortunately looking like the north

Some of the south have low infection rates(not all),it's better for the economy,which is already struggling and hasn't recovered from the full lockdown,to keep some area's that are low open as much as possible

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Do you think the northerners also wear flat caps and all have whippets"

Of course I don't. I am a northerner myself. I have always lived in Leeds and am very proud of the city.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"

Of course I don't. I am a northerner myself. I have always lived in Leeds and am very proud of the city. "

Main question though - do you have a whippet?!

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Main question though - do you have a whippet?! "

I have a white cat. Could that be classed as a whippet in a dim light ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"

Main question though - do you have a whippet?!

I have a white cat. Could that be classed as a whippet in a dim light ? "

Oh aye, and the lights are always dim oooop North

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

What's the reason?

Mass stupidity ?"

Ha ha ha that’s a good one !!! Not

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

What's the reason?

Mass stupidity ?

Probally why london was hit The hardest when it began then?"

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"At the start of the pandemic, it was the south driving infection rates yet the whole country went into lockdown. The northern area I live in had bugger all Covid during the height of the thing in April/May. It's increased here now and so maybe we'll have lockdown again? Who knows? But why only us when we were locked down for the good of the whole nation earlier on? "
Probably because there was less known about it at the start than now.

Reply privately

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

What happened to were all in this together.

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

How could they police the people travelling?

It's not physically possible to check the movements of every single person.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Having travelled to Liverpool last week it was noticeable the lack of mask wearing.

Is it time to create area lockdowns for such areas and prevent them travelling South and spreading the disease outside of their areas "

Thsts strange because I have spent the last 2 weeks in London and away down there again tomorrow and compared to Newcastle the mask wearing in London was none existent.

Reply privately

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS
over a year ago

Whitstable

"Maybe more Londoners can work from home as they have office based jobs they can do online, whereas more Northerners work in factories and warehouses so they can't avoid mixing with others ?

Do you think the northerners also wear flat caps and all have whippets "

Its the lack of a ferret down the trousers that has seen the large covid spike up North as ferrets are known to ward it off.

Reply privately

By *oungalpha20Man
over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

In fact, Cumbria especially the lake district have gone into local lockdown to stop tourism. So many from the south took the trip and get sent home. Police stopping most cars that aint from the area.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"In fact, Cumbria especially the lake district have gone into local lockdown to stop tourism. So many from the south took the trip and get sent home. Police stopping most cars that aint from the area. "

As it's only an advisory that would illegal for the Police to do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its the fact we have a lot of universities in a small amount of cities. Esp N East since Sept and students starting cases have rose stupidly in the N east. 1700 or something from one uni alone! Under 25s esp students cant social distance and admit it. Nothing to do with a class divide. Or could say we have better unis

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is it time to create area lockdowns for such areas and prevent them travelling South and spreading the disease outside of their areas

Thsts strange because I have spent the last 2 weeks in London and away down there again tomorrow and compared to Newcastle the mask wearing in London was none existent. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's because northerners are friendly and sociable. Huggy and nice.

Southerners are grumpy and avoid any kind of social interaction. Not even a smile on the Tube.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's because northerners are friendly and sociable. Huggy and nice.

Southerners are grumpy and avoid any kind of social interaction. Not even a smile on the Tube. "

without a doubt . But sadly hugs are a thing of the past, presently

Reply privately

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

No. The virus needs to spread so we gain immunity. Good news we’re seeing a rise in infections.

Mask wearers also seem to forget the virus is airborne and can enter your eyes.

Reply privately

By *xelf787Man
over a year ago

Chorlton, Manchester

No. The virus needs to spread so we gain immunity. Good news we’re seeing a rise in infections.

Mask wearers also seem to forget the virus is airborne and can enter your eyes. "

The virus is not Airborne!! It is spread through Respiratory droplets. It enters eyes when those droplets are passed from hands for example direct to the eye. If it was airborne we would be seeing a lot higher infection rate!

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Thsts strange because I have spent the last 2 weeks in London and away down there again tomorrow and compared to Newcastle the mask wearing in London was none existent. "

Apparently it doesn't exist London

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"What happened to were all in this together.

"

Ha ha good one.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

The virus is not Airborne!! It is spread through Respiratory droplets. It enters eyes when those droplets are passed from hands for example direct to the eye. If it was airborne we would be seeing a lot higher infection rate!"

And yet . . .

pdate 23 July 2020

Mounting evidence suggests coronavirus is airborne — but health advice has not caught up.

Governments are starting to change policies amid concerns that tiny droplets can carry SARS-CoV-2. And after months of denying the importance of this, the World Health Organization is reconsidering its stance.

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

Sigh... it’s to do with the rate of infection when schools opened as that is the national catalyst. South was hit first in the spring and then the north therefore the south’s infection rate was lower come September and the stupid move of opening all schools. We had a buffer in the south the north didn’t.

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

Southerners are grumpy and avoid any kind of social interaction. Not even a smile on the Tube. "

Fuck smiling on the tube you’ll get mugged

Reply privately

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Good luck with that...like they stopped all the people who worked in London who wanted to hot foot it back up north to their family homes instead of house sharing in London when lockdown hit...oh they didn’t stop that did they

Reply privately

By *xelf787Man
over a year ago

Chorlton, Manchester

The virus is not Airborne!! It is spread through Respiratory droplets. It enters eyes when those droplets are passed from hands for example direct to the eye. If it was airborne we would be seeing a lot higher infection rate!

And yet . . .

pdate 23 July 2020

Mounting evidence suggests coronavirus is airborne — but health advice has not caught up.

Governments are starting to change policies amid concerns that tiny droplets can carry SARS-CoV-2. And after months of denying the importance of this, the World Health Organization is reconsidering its stance.

"

Hi Cat. Would love to see the source on this. As the second paragraph says it still needs to be carried in droplets.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Southerners are grumpy and avoid any kind of social interaction. Not even a smile on the Tube.

Fuck smiling on the tube you’ll get mugged "

Could be worse you are not allowed to talk on trains in Japan.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good luck with that...like they stopped all the people who worked in London who wanted to hot foot it back up north to their family homes instead of house sharing in London when lockdown hit...oh they didn’t stop that did they "

There were rules in place to stop it.

No one was allowed to go to a second home or spend the night anyone else other than home.

So they try to stop it but how do you police it.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

And yet . . .

pdate 23 July 2020

Hi Cat. Would love to see the source on this. As the second paragraph says it still needs to be carried in droplets."

Hi . . . just grab what I wrote and google it . . . it's in Nature Mag

Reply privately

By *xelf787Man
over a year ago

Chorlton, Manchester

Thsts strange because I have spent the last 2 weeks in London and away down there again tomorrow and compared to Newcastle the mask wearing in London was none existent.

Apparently it doesn't exist London

"

Are we talking about mask wearing everywhere or in shops/public enclosed areas?

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I first moved to London I tried talking to people on the tube.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Always found the Tube to be more friendly than not.

Mind you they may just be thinking 'best smile that fooking weirdo looks dangerous'

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thats what they did in the Middle ages

They also boarded sick people up in their homes

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"

That’s the bit I miss having random chats on the tube and watching the eyes go wide as they think you are nuts

Reply privately

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

"Maybe more Londoners can work from home as they have office based jobs they can do online, whereas more Northerners work in factories and warehouses so they can't avoid mixing with others ?

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

No one was allowed to go to a second home or spend the night anyone else other than home.

"

Except Dominic Cummings

Reply privately

over a year ago

That’s the bit I miss having random chats on the tube and watching the eyes go wide as they think you are nuts "

Ash asked a man what he was reading the other day

The looked terrified and just put his headphones in.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

At a price I'm open to Red Cross Parcels for all our Northern Friends as long as Quid-pro-quo applies in return !?!

You can call me on 555 . . .

Reply privately

By *xelf787Man
over a year ago

Chorlton, Manchester

And yet . . .

pdate 23 July 2020

Hi Cat. Would love to see the source on this. As the second paragraph says it still needs to be carried in droplets.

Hi . . . just grab what I wrote and google it . . . it's in Nature Mag "

Thanks Cat.

Quote from source- "short-range aerosol transmission cannot be ruled out in crowded, poorly ventilated spaces"

It still refers to aerosol transmission so therefore still needs liquid to transmit it. If it were truly airborne it can survive in the air and be carried on air currents.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

And yet . . .

pdate 23 July 2020

Hi . . . just grab what I wrote and google it . . . it's in Nature Mag

Thanks Cat.

Quote from source- "short-range aerosol transmission cannot be ruled out in crowded, poorly ventilated spaces"

It still refers to aerosol transmission so therefore still needs liquid to transmit it. If it were truly airborne it can survive in the air and be carried on air currents. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

And you have joined us at halftime for this the British Bootlicking championships, team norf have been putting up a good fight so far but the mighty tongue of the souf has proven impossible to beat, another 45 minutes of solid cherry blossom fever coming up after a message from our sponsors...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know loads of people who normally live in London but moved back to parents or second homes when lock down happend and due to working from home haven't gone back so there can't actually be as many people living in London as there would normally.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I know loads of people who normally live in London but moved back to parents or second homes when lock down happend and due to working from home haven't gone back so there can't actually be as many people living in London as there would normally."

Its really quite at the moment.

The tube is so quiet.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Except Dominic Cummings"

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

That’s the bit I miss having random chats on the tube and watching the eyes go wide as they think you are nuts

The looked terrified and just put his headphones in. "

I don't understand this terror of speaking to people in our southern breathern. We had three people stop and speak to us on an hours walk earlier and everyone we passed said hello, we we the same to them. It's just normal here

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

And you have joined us at halftime for this the British Bootlicking championships, team norf have been putting up a good fight so far but the mighty tongue of the souf has proven impossible to beat, another 45 minutes of solid cherry blossom fever coming up after a message from our sponsors..."

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

As if there isn't enough of a division of society, here come the OP with yet another way to split it up even more. With comments like this, the government's job is done without them having to lift a finger.

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

And nothing has been officially announced, as its Sunday today, not Monday.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"I know loads of people who normally live in London but moved back to parents or second homes when lock down happend and due to working from home haven't gone back so there can't actually be as many people living in London as there would normally."

That’s probably how it travelled north in the beginning, mass exodus out at lockdown to be with family

Reply privately

over a year ago

The looked terrified and just put his headphones in.

I don't understand this terror of speaking to people in our southern breathern. We had three people stop and speak to us on an hours walk earlier and everyone we passed said hello, we we the same to them. It's just normal here "

I'm not used to it either. Its taken a lot of getting used to.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Gyms closing again apparently!

Fuming.

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Sadly true the city is its own worse enemy

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

London is still by far the biggest hit region in the south "

Please stop defending Liverpool they are there own worse enemy and even though you may be doing the right things the idiots are stopping your freedom not the government face the facts

Reply privately

over a year ago

London is still by far the biggest hit region in the south Please stop defending Liverpool they are there own worse enemy and even though you may be doing the right things the idiots are stopping your freedom not the government face the facts"

Exactly and you can't compare London to another city.

London has a population of 10 million thats roughly the same as

N Ireland, Scotland and Wales put together.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

London is still by far the biggest hit region in the south Please stop defending Liverpool they are there own worse enemy and even though you may be doing the right things the idiots are stopping your freedom not the government face the facts

Exactly and you can't compare London to another city.

London has a population of 10 million thats roughly the same as

N Ireland, Scotland and Wales put together.

"

Yep people are comparing the rest of the south to the north

Reply privately

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

It does not matter why, it does not matter how fair it is, or is not. All that matters is the Boris and his army of northern hating tory MP's have decided what is going to happen.

Boris does what he wants, he does not care about me and you, he does not care about the scientific evidence, he publishes figures that support his arguments and supresses ones that do not (like all politicians); there are fewer tory voters in the north fewer companies who support the tories based there, so why would he care.

He can do whatever he wants and no one can argue; blame all the people, north or south who voted for him and his marry band, they are the issue huge majority, no opposition, no checks or controls just absolute power to one man to do what HE wants !

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

"It does not matter why, it does not matter how fair it is, or is not. All that matters is the Boris and his army of northern hating tory MP's have decided what is going to happen.

Boris does what he wants, he does not care about me and you, he does not care about the scientific evidence, he publishes figures that support his arguments and supresses ones that do not (like all politicians); there are fewer tory voters in the north fewer companies who support the tories based there, so why would he care.

He can do whatever he wants and no one can argue; blame all the people, north or south who voted for him and his marry band, they are the issue huge majority, no opposition, no checks or controls just absolute power to one man to do what HE wants !"

I think you have a man crush on Boris and love him really

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

You northern disease ridden stupid Covidiots..... give it a rest and accept you’re killers of old people.... it’s clear, it’s fact, evidence tells you! And it’s not like anyone fucked figures up before....

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

"It does not matter why, it does not matter how fair it is, or is not. All that matters is the Boris and his army of northern hating tory MP's have decided what is going to happen.

He can do whatever he wants and no one can argue; blame all the people, north or south who voted for him and his marry band, they are the issue huge majority, no opposition, no checks or controls just absolute power to one man to do what HE wants !

I think you have a man crush on Boris and love him really "

My crush is on a man who employs people!

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"You northern disease ridden stupid Covidiots..... give it a rest and accept you’re killers of old people.... it’s clear, it’s fact, evidence tells you! And it’s not like anyone fucked figures up before....

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"You northern disease ridden stupid Covidiots..... give it a rest and accept you’re killers of old people.... it’s clear, it’s fact, evidence tells you! And it’s not like anyone fucked figures up before....

"

Just remember, Wigan is in GM, like it or not, and you lot won't wiggle out of any region wide restrictions this time because its not so cushty over in the land of pies at the mo. In fact, you've crept above us here in Covid capital now. Happy isolating

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Just remember, Wigan is in GM, like it or not, and you lot won't wiggle out of any region wide restrictions this time because its not so cushty over in the land of pies at the mo. In fact, you've crept above us here in Covid capital now. Happy isolating "

May I direct you to the last line of the post you replied to xx

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Just remember, Wigan is in GM, like it or not, and you lot won't wiggle out of any region wide restrictions this time because its not so cushty over in the land of pies at the mo. In fact, you've crept above us here in Covid capital now. Happy isolating "

It sounds like it's just liverpool which is going to get slammed so the wools will be ok

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Just remember, Wigan is in GM, like it or not, and you lot won't wiggle out of any region wide restrictions this time because its not so cushty over in the land of pies at the mo. In fact, you've crept above us here in Covid capital now. Happy isolating

May I direct you to the last line of the post you replied to xx"

My post was meant in the warmest of spirits, dearest neighbour

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

As was mine xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

He can do whatever he wants and no one can argue; blame all the people, north or south who voted for him and his marry band, they are the issue huge majority, no opposition, no checks or controls just absolute power to one man to do what HE wants !"

well i live in scottish central belt and the snp just locked us down ... not everything is about politics .., some are literally life and death

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

well i live in scottish central belt and the snp just locked us down ... not everything is about politics .., some are literally life and death "

No politics to see here... ... I’ll move on

Reply privately

over a year ago

being reported 4 week pub closure in mornings papers.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Nottingham and Strabane are top of the league..

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

well i live in scottish central belt and the snp just locked us down ... not everything is about politics .., some are literally life and death "

At last a bit of sense here

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Nottingham and Strabane are top of the league..

"

But Merseyside is going straight into super duper mega lockdown (allegedly). Makes perfect sense

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Is Nottingham being lockdowned?

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

Is Nottingham being lockdowned?"

There was talk earlier in the week that the local council were going to introduce stricter measures before waiting for central government to make the call

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

There was talk earlier in the week that the local council were going to introduce stricter measures before waiting for central government to make the call "

The local council doesn't have the power to enforce or demand any higher lockdown than central Govt mandates for the area though, so unless the Govt mandates something extra for Nottingham, anything the council puts in place would be a recommendation only. At least that's how I understand things.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

There was talk earlier in the week that the local council were going to introduce stricter measures before waiting for central government to make the call

The local council doesn't have the power to enforce or demand any higher lockdown than central Govt mandates for the area though, so unless the Govt mandates something extra for Nottingham, anything the council puts in place would be a recommendation only. At least that's how I understand things. "

Is Nottingham in the north?

Just about confused about all those posters who have been banging on about the north all day?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How could they police the people travelling?

It's not physically possible to check the movements of every single person."

You can track vehicles moving, as there are ANPR cameras everywhere now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

The local council doesn't have the power to enforce or demand any higher lockdown than central Govt mandates for the area though, so unless the Govt mandates something extra for Nottingham, anything the council puts in place would be a recommendation only. At least that's how I understand things.

Just about confused about all those posters who have been banging on about the north all day?"

To me, Nottingham is in the middle

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

The local council doesn't have the power to enforce or demand any higher lockdown than central Govt mandates for the area though, so unless the Govt mandates something extra for Nottingham, anything the council puts in place would be a recommendation only. At least that's how I understand things. "

That’s true all the council can do is advise it’s residents, ie don’t mix households etc, still needs government to enforce it

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Just about confused about all those posters who have been banging on about the north all day?

To me, Nottingham is in the middle "

Ah so..maybe geography wasmt their strong point?

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

To me, Nottingham is in the middle

Ah so..maybe geography wasmt their strong point?"

Well, if you're in London bloody Watford is North, so.....

Reply privately

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

From the early reports, it Liverpool being locked up for the foreseeable future. Whatever the new tier system and all the scaremongering it only one city area, I'm not sure what the difference or effect will be. I feel for those in Liverpool as its just not right to lockdown one area. These local locdowns are not working and have led us to this. It's going to get a lot worse too, this town that area, its a joke now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

Just about confused about all those posters who have been banging on about the north all day?"

Anything above Watford is north to the southerners. For me anything from the Wash and above is north, but Nottingham is right on that middle / north border

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

But Merseyside is going straight into super duper mega lockdown (allegedly). Makes perfect sense "

It's puzzling me just why a lot of Tory ministers constituencies are higher than some of the earlier locked down areas in the north several weeks ago and nothing..

Reply privately

over a year ago

That’s true all the council can do is advise it’s residents, ie don’t mix households etc, still needs government to enforce it "

who issues venues with their food and alcohol licenses? is that not local government? take those away and that’s it they are closed

if local government have no powers how did they do it in newcastle? why can you drink in the street in edinburgh but not in glasgow?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

But Merseyside is going straight into super duper mega lockdown (allegedly). Makes perfect sense

It's puzzling me just why a lot of Tory ministers constituencies are higher than some of the earlier locked down areas in the north several weeks ago and nothing..

"

Probably an oversight tbf.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

I think they'll have to 'review ' that policy, it seems like they're going to u turn on the track n trace being more locally led and the flak they're getting from mayor's etc is not good print and it just looks like Westminster are too slow in acting..

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

That’s true all the council can do is advise it’s residents, ie don’t mix households etc, still needs government to enforce it

who issues venues with their food and alcohol licenses? is that not local government? take those away and that’s it they are closed

if local government have no powers how did they do it in newcastle? why can you drink in the street in edinburgh but not in glasgow? "

That is very drastic removing a premises hospitality licence, and then they have to reapply for it

I can’t answer your questions as not my areas, maybe someone local could advise you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Probably an oversight tbf."

Yup..

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

if local government have no powers how did they do it in newcastle? why can you drink in the street in edinburgh but not in glasgow? "

The Scottish Govt has different powers though, far more wide ranging than any English council when it comes to the Coronavirus situation. Likewise with licensing. They probably can revoke all alcohol licenses for a period, but they can't close businesses (unless they break licensing laws) and they certainly can't unilaterally close non licensed venues like cafés or restrict opening hours. They also can't impose travel restrictions in the way the Welsh Govt has, as they don't have those powers. Without the central Govt mandate, English councils have little additional power.

Reply privately

By *ass and kinkWoman
over a year ago

kinxville

Ha ha ha ha , ive just come in after scrubbing me door step and read that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

if local government have no powers how did they do it in newcastle? why can you drink in the street in edinburgh but not in glasgow?

That is very drastic removing a premises hospitality licence, and then they have to reapply for it

I can’t answer your questions as not my areas, maybe someone local could advise you. "

well the point is its not true that local government cannot implement a stronger restriction than westminister ... it is already happening in places and as with the glasgow vs edinburgh outdoor drinking rules the ability has been in place for many years before covid

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Scottish Govt has different powers though, far more wide ranging than any English council when it comes to the Coronavirus situation. Likewise with licensing. They probably can revoke all alcohol licenses for a period, but they can't close businesses (unless they break licensing laws) and they certainly can't unilaterally close non licensed venues like cafés or restrict opening hours. They also can't impose travel restrictions in the way the Welsh Govt has, as they don't have those powers. Without the central Govt mandate, English councils have little additional power. "

licenses do not just apply to alcohol selling venues ... private members clubs, events spaces and food premises also hold licenses

so yes they could just unilaterally close cafes if they wanted to

also we dont have a separate government in edinburgh and glasgow ... those licensing decisions have always differed in the cities as decides by the councils

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

I can’t answer your questions as not my areas, maybe someone local could advise you.

well the point is its not true that local government cannot implement a stronger restriction than westminister ... it is already happening in places and as with the glasgow vs edinburgh outdoor drinking rules the ability has been in place for many years before covid "

Scotland follow different rules / laws than England, they have their own parliament and set their own laws.

London general assembly set laws that only affect London, ie drinking on all London transport is banned.

Reply privately

over a year ago

well the point is its not true that local government cannot implement a stronger restriction than westminister ... it is already happening in places and as with the glasgow vs edinburgh outdoor drinking rules the ability has been in place for many years before covid

Scotland follow different rules / laws than England, they have their own parliament and set their own laws.

London general assembly set laws that only affect London, ie drinking on all London transport is banned. "

im not a complete moron and am aware that we have 2 different parliaments ... even before the devolved parliament scotland had their own law system

i am talking about local government and licensing powers that they have because someone said local government had no power to put anything in place that the government hadn’t mandated for the entire country ... that is just not true

oh and newcastle isn’t in scotland

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

The Scottish Govt has different powers though, far more wide ranging than any English council when it comes to the Coronavirus situation. Likewise with licensing. They probably can revoke all alcohol licenses for a period, but they can't close businesses (unless they break licensing laws) and they certainly can't unilaterally close non licensed venues like cafés or restrict opening hours. They also can't impose travel restrictions in the way the Welsh Govt has, as they don't have those powers. Without the central Govt mandate, English councils have little additional power.

licenses do not just apply to alcohol selling venues ... private members clubs, events spaces and food premises also hold licenses

so yes they could just unilaterally close cafes if they wanted to

also we dont have a separate government in edinburgh and glasgow ... those licensing decisions have always differed in the cities as decides by the councils "

Our cafés etc have licenses in terms of planning/building use, yes, but nothing I'm aware of that a local council could use to demand immediate closure, unless they were infringing environmental health regulations. The Coronavirus Act doesn't give additional powers to local Govt and again, it's my understanding that the current restrictions in Glasgow and Edinburgh are being implemented by the Scottish devolved Government, rather than the individual councils, although now its mandated by the government, the councils can enforce it. The devolved Governments in Scotland, Wales and NI have devolved powers surrounding how to act re: coronavirus, hence the vastly differing policies on things like quarantine after travel etc. The leader of Nottingham Council was on the news on Friday saying he'd welcome the powers to make local decisions, but that he simply did not have those powers. The same was repeated in Leicester when they were put into separate measures and I know here, when we had higher sanctions, it was the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Brighton

Different rules for Scotland e.g. Their MPs can still travel on trains even when they have Covid !

Reply privately

over a year ago

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/local-authority-powers-to-impose-restrictions-under-coronavirus-regulations/local-authority-powers-to-impose-restrictions-health-protection-coronavirus-restrictions-england-no3-regulations-2020

local authorities were given powers for local lockdown in July ... so I can only assume when they are now saying they would welcome the power to put in place they mean they want power over funding so they can afford if

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/local-authority-powers-to-impose-restrictions-under-coronavirus-regulations/local-authority-powers-to-impose-restrictions-health-protection-coronavirus-restrictions-england-no3-regulations-2020

local authorities were given powers for local lockdown in July ... so I can only assume when they are now saying they would welcome the power to put in place they mean they want power over funding so they can afford if "

Why would they shut places of business if they dont have the money to recompense them.?

Hasn't this devolution argument been going on for months?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/local-authority-powers-to-impose-restrictions-under-coronavirus-regulations/local-authority-powers-to-impose-restrictions-health-protection-coronavirus-restrictions-england-no3-regulations-2020

local authorities were given powers for local lockdown in July ... so I can only assume when they are now saying they would welcome the power to put in place they mean they want power over funding so they can afford if

Why would they shut places of business if they dont have the money to recompense them.?

Hasn't this devolution argument been going on for months?"

furlough was extended to the end of october at the beginning of the summer so if that arguement had been going on for months its seems like it was a wasted effort

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

furlough was extended to the end of october at the beginning of the summer so if that arguement had been going on for months its seems like it was a wasted effort "

I think local councils have argued they should have more say about how to handle the crises.

Cant see why as is has been handled splendidly so far.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Places that were hit hardest the first time around are seeing less vigorous escalation of cases now because there's a small (about 20% ) of immunity going on, it makes the r number harder to get higher because 1 in every 5 are immune, the northern areas which saw only 3-6 infection rates are yet to have this benefit.

Sometime after winter id expect around 25% infection levels nationwide which means this virus is pretty much done for hopefully on the big scale.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

furlough was extended to the end of october at the beginning of the summer so if that arguement had been going on for months its seems like it was a wasted effort "

Furlough bring extended only counts if an individual was already furloughed at least once before 30th June. The scheme closed to new entrants then. So, someone who was, say, made redundant and got a new hospitality job on 1st July would not qualify for furlough if their bar, café or whatever was closed now. That's the same even if that person was furloughed before by a different employer too. So, furlough is only relevant to those with the same employer and furloughed prior to the 30th June. The last announcement about recompense for employees etc where businesses are shut down was they'd get 2/3 salary? That's not enough if you only earn min wage in a pub etc. And in this town, all our hospitality was closed in the busiest summer months already and our workers got sweet FA (unless they'd been furloughed before). The people of this town simply cannot afford for their jobs to be scrapped for the third time since March. We were closed down completely, hospitality wise, because we reached an arbitrary figure of 70 or 80 per 100,000. Now the whole country is almost at that rate, yet everywhere is open (for now). How does that work? Due to the utter lack of joined up thinking, we already have significant inequality as to how areas with the same rates have been treated only within a short few weeks and you have the potential for some businesses to be forced to close for a third time in 7 months. Some sort of proper consistency needs applying here.

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Ha ha ha ha , ive just come in after scrubbing me door step and read that."

Well mi luv, pop back out with your donkey stone n do t’job proper!

Reply privately

over a year ago

If it happens it happens the only people who are to blame are those ignoring the rules for the past month or so.

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

There was talk earlier in the week that the local council were going to introduce stricter measures before waiting for central government to make the call "

Nottingham council have called for voluntary measures, until Goverment announcement today. As its been pointed out, they don't have powers, other than policing hospitality establishments.

And to settle any arguement, Nottingham is the capital of the East Midlands. Neither North or South.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Nottingham the worst hit area on the country and just on stage 2.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Nottingham the worst hit area on the country and just on stage 2."

I’m in the north east.. I have no clue if we are in tier 2 or tier 3! .... still discussing and deciding

Reply privately

By *randmrsc30Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

Exactly

Reply privately

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"

Puzzling NOT obvious YES - they would lose votes .... and money, and prestige and positions on company boards and advisors jobs.

Reply privately

By *randmrsc30Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 12/10/20 17:49:33]

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"Nottingham the worst hit area on the country and just on stage 2."

They published a document today giving a breakdown of infections by age and the north has more older people testing positive so that could be the logic ?

Reply privately

By *eedsmale36Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Of course I don't. I am a northerner myself. I have always lived in Leeds and am very proud of the city.

Main question though - do you have a whippet?! "

We all do and at least 2 ferrets, how the hell do you think we catch our tea ? My favourite ferret is down my baggy t plus four trousers as we speak

Reply privately

By *ax777Man
over a year ago

Not here

"Nottingham the worst hit area on the country and just on stage 2.

I’m in the north east.. I have no clue if we are in tier 2 or tier 3! .... still discussing and deciding "

It was explained that only Liverpool city will be in Tier 3 at the onset. Areas currently subject to further measures, eg North East, will be in Tier 2

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

They published a document today giving a breakdown of infections by age and the north has more older people testing positive so that could be the logic ?"

Thats exactly it. Most of Nottingham's infections are students, over 1500 at one of the unis, and they are not in need of hospitalisation.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I’m in the north east.. I have no clue if we are in tier 2 or tier 3! .... still discussing and deciding

It was explained that only Liverpool city will be in Tier 3 at the onset. Areas currently subject to further measures, eg North East, will be in Tier 2"

In which case... as a weird quirk... the restrictions in the north east will loosen slightly as at the moment people aren’t allowed to meet in gardens, but under tier 2 from Wednesday we will..... yay for loopholes (being facetious)

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was explained that only Liverpool city will be in Tier 3 at the onset. Areas currently subject to further measures, eg North East, will be in Tier 2

In which case... as a weird quirk... the restrictions in the north east will loosen slightly as at the moment people aren’t allowed to meet in gardens, but under tier 2 from Wednesday we will..... yay for loopholes (being facetious)"

I did notice that

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

They published a document today giving a breakdown of infections by age and the north has more older people testing positive so that could be the logic ?

Thats exactly it. Most of Nottingham's infections are students, over 1500 at one of the unis, and they are not in need of hospitalisation. "

And students dont pass it onto anyone else?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Brighton

Let's hope that this second wave passes quickly

Reply privately

By *ax777Man
over a year ago

Not here

In which case... as a weird quirk... the restrictions in the north east will loosen slightly as at the moment people aren’t allowed to meet in gardens, but under tier 2 from Wednesday we will..... yay for loopholes (being facetious)"

Apparently this was something that has been agreed with various local leaders who argued that people were meeting in homes contrary to restrictions. It’s hoped that by allowing them to meet in gardens, it will help prevent this.

Reply privately

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

People visiting family will still ignore the rules

It’s obvious

Reply privately

By *iger-NWMan
over a year ago

Preston

"For areas that either cannot comprehend the rules or choose to ignore them yes it should result in both sanctions and prevention to areas that have lower infection figures .

"

So they'll have to shutdown Soho then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

think a lot of people have had enough now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Brighton

The more everyone keeps to the rules the quicker we will get through this.

I think we have all had enough but unfortunately stupid behaviour is keeping this going .....

Reply privately

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Lots of people have had enough, but what people want or think DOES NOT MATTER to Boris and the Tories, all that matters is that they can do what they want.

Is Covid really just now a northern issue, does it stop at Nottingham, is there a virus forcefield around the nice tory safe seats in the south, I think not, do we see the real figures or do we just see what they want us to see ?

It does not matter what the people of this country think, all that matters is what Boris thinks and does, huge majority, no checks, no way to protest, no voice.

and of course the Tory heartlands in the south of are happy and will vote for the Tories again !!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The more everyone keeps to the rules the quicker we will get through this.

I think we have all had enough but unfortunately stupid behaviour is keeping this going ....."

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Quite strange you can only catch covid in a boozer where you cant Get a mixed grill.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The more everyone keeps to the rules the quicker we will get through this.

I think we have all had enough but unfortunately stupid behaviour is keeping this going ....."

like kanye west. was in la last tuesday and then in london on friday. the law states visitors from the usa must self isolate for 14 days on arrival in the uk.

he didnt and couldnt careless, he even has children with him.

people like him deliberately break the law but if you have a dinner party with 7 the police may break your front door down and fine you x amount.

mr west wa reported to the met police but as per usual they did fuck all so there is your answer.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Quite strange you can only catch covid in a boozer where you cant Get a mixed grill. "

Okay. One last time. The thinking behind it is that . . .

1. People are much less likely to drink to excess in a Restaurant therefore less likely to breach their own common-sense rules and approach to social distancing.

2. They are also much less likely to say to each other . . . 'Wow that was a great Curry let's have a House Party co's the Restaurant is shut'.

If you didn't exclude News that doesn't suits the answer or the Political outcome that you want, then you haven't heard the News at all.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Quite strange you can only catch covid in a boozer where you cant Get a mixed grill.

1. People are much less likel

y to drink to excess in a Restaurant therefore less likely to breach their own common-sense rules and approach to social distancing.

2. They are also much less likely to say to each other . . . 'Wow that was a great Curry let's have a House Party co's the Restaurant is shut'.

If you didn't exclude News that doesn't suits the answer or the Political outcome that you want, then you haven't heard the News at all.

"

No 1 makes no sense as to pubs which sell food and pubs which dont.

No 2 is just insane.

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Quite strange you can only catch covid in a boozer where you cant Get a mixed grill.

y to drink to excess in a Restaurant therefore less likely to breach their own common-sense rules and approach to social distancing.

No 2 is just insane."

Its a balancing act mate what would you prefer shut everything down or maybe keep everything open?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

No 2 is just insane.Its a balancing act mate what would you prefer shut everything down or maybe keep everything open? "

I dont get the science between keeping open and pub where you can get nachos and closing one where you can just get s bag of nuts.

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

No 2 is just insane.Its a balancing act mate what would you prefer shut everything down or maybe keep everything open?

I dont get the science between keeping open and pub where you can get nachos and closing one where you can just get s bag of nuts."

As i said before you either shut everything or keep everything open if you try to balance the two then there has to be a line, that happens to be the line im sure there has been some clever people working on the data to come up with that or do you think they just put some ideas in a hat and pick one.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

No 2 is just insane.Its a balancing act mate what would you prefer shut everything down or maybe keep everything open?

I dont get the science between keeping open and pub where you can get nachos and closing one where you can just get s bag of nuts.As i said before you either shut everything or keep everything open if you try to balance the two then there has to be a line, that happens to be the line im sure there has been some clever people working on the data to come up with that or do you think they just put some ideas in a hat and pick one. "

You lost me at clever.

See the gym thread.

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

I dont get the science between keeping open and pub where you can get nachos and closing one where you can just get s bag of nuts.As i said before you either shut everything or keep everything open if you try to balance the two then there has to be a line, that happens to be the line im sure there has been some clever people working on the data to come up with that or do you think they just put some ideas in a hat and pick one.

You lost me at clever.

See the gym thread. "

This is not new its going on in half of Europe so unlike you i do believe there must be some logic in it.

Reply privately

By *eekibooMan
over a year ago

Northwest

Definitely locked Liverpool and surrounding areas down after they was seen in the streets the other week after 10pm all partying no social distancing what so ever Boris as though fuck yous I'll sort you out the same as the owner of Witherspoon's saying he is staying open the other month within days every pub was closed

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

I dont get the science between keeping open and pub where you can get nachos and closing one where you can just get s bag of nuts."

In the Pub where they sell Peanuts you can order 7 pints as well.

Here's the clever bit Lionel, in the Pub that is also operating a Restaurant you can ONLY order a drink with your meal.

Leave it to the Boffins . . . to work this stuff out.

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"

I dont get the science between keeping open and pub where you can get nachos and closing one where you can just get s bag of nuts.

Here's the clever bit Lionel, in the Pub that is also operating a Restaurant you can ONLY order a drink with your meal.

"

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 13/10/20 10:04:04]

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

"

So what you are saying it people are going to go the pub and have 1 drink?

Serously?

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

While I aagree with the lockdown would like to know why Liverpool has been singled out.Manchester is no different,Nottingham to it is discusting

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

As for the boffins..we are certainly The envy of the world so far so they must be doing a bang up job.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

Serously?"

The serving of alcohol is commensurate with the duration of your meal.

When was the last time you went for a meal and drank 7 pints?

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"As for the boffins..we are certainly The envy of the world so far so they must be doing a bang up job."

And you know because you are THE 'Expert' and can advise that the advice they give is just plain wrong.

Ps. The whole World is suffering from 'Expert' fatigue.

When we all should be profiting by from ordinary people using common sense and keeping plain and simple social distancing rules until a workable vaccine is found.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Serously?

The serving of alcohol is commensurate with the duration of your meal.

When was the last time you went for a meal and drank 7 pints?"

The other week.

You seriously think people are going to have a meal and a pint and go home?

Really?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"As for the boffins..we are certainly The envy of the world so far so they must be doing a bang up job.

And you know because you are THE 'Expert' and can advise that the advice they give is just plain wrong.

Ps. The whole World is suffering from 'Expert' fatigue.

When we all should be profiting by from ordinary people using common sense and keeping plain and simple social distancing rules until a workable vaccine is found."

Ahh back to the old 'well what you do argument '

Good times.

Maybe we shut the forum and let boris and co get on with it?

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"As for the boffins..we are certainly The envy of the world so far so they must be doing a bang up job."
As i said before mate these measures are going on in your beloved eu too so guess their boffins are no better then.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"As for the boffins..we are certainly The envy of the world so far so they must be doing a bang up job.As i said before mate these measures are going on in your beloved eu too so guess their boffins are no better then."

How have Germany handled the crises?

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

"

You can argue it all you like Lionel, but COVID is spread by people. And people's behaviour alone.

We all know what we need to do to help stop it's spread. And we have known for the longest time already.

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"As for the boffins..we are certainly The envy of the world so far so they must be doing a bang up job.As i said before mate these measures are going on in your beloved eu too so guess their boffins are no better then.

How have Germany handled the crises?"

How have France, Spain, Belgium, Italy etc. Try looking outside the uk and see how many other countries have the same only drink with food local restrictions which is what you cant seem to understand and think its unique to England.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

You can argue it all you like Lionel, but COVID is spread by people. And people's behaviour alone.

We all know what we need to do to help stop it's spread. And we have known for the longest time already."

Of course its spread by people.

It's an infectious airborne disease.

What do we know?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"As for the boffins..we are certainly The envy of the world so far so they must be doing a bang up job.As i said before mate these measures are going on in your beloved eu too so guess their boffins are no better then.

How have Germany handled the crises?How have France, Spain, Belgium, Italy etc. Try looking outside the uk and see how many other countries have the same only drink with food local restrictions which is what you cant seem to understand and think its unique to England. "

Surely they have a different culture in europe?

They don't really have the 'local pub' culture we have here.

And if we are following their path why do we have one of the worst rates in Europe?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Doncaster is now at tier 2

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

How have Germany handled the crises?How have France, Spain, Belgium, Italy etc. Try looking outside the uk and see how many other countries have the same only drink with food local restrictions which is what you cant seem to understand and think its unique to England.

And if we are following their path why do we have one of the worst rates in Europe?"

are we really back to the worse rate in europe debate? i thought that was done to death.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Doncaster is now at tier 2"

I think a lot of places will be moved onto stage 3 in the winter.

Let's see what the reaction is then.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

How have Germany handled the crises?How have France, Spain, Belgium, Italy etc. Try looking outside the uk and see how many other countries have the same only drink with food local restrictions which is what you cant seem to understand and think its unique to England.

And if we are following their path why do we have one of the worst rates in Europe?"

No actually they don't have a 'different culture' with 'pub's' in any of the countries you mention. I have spent lots of time in all of them except Belgium and people get just as pissed and party like as we do, In Germany except for the Architecture of the Bar you were in and people all speaking German it feels exactly like at home.

And Yes. we have 'ONE' of the worst rates - but that says more about us as individuals not doing what we shoud be doing to protect each other.

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

How have Germany handled the crises?How have France, Spain, Belgium, Italy etc. Try looking outside the uk and see how many other countries have the same only drink with food local restrictions which is what you cant seem to understand and think its unique to England. "

France - are abandoning their contact tracing app (was only downloaded 2.6m million times) despite infections rising to over 20,000 daily.

Germany - merkel wrestling with the federal states over a ban on internal travel.

Doesnt matter what the results are for any of the other countries - its clear the challenges we face and finding a balance are being felt by other countries in the same way.

Reply privately