Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Covid testing

Jump to newest

By *luebell888 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I get tested each week at work on a Wednesday. This week i got tested at 10am and still waiting on my results. If i have covid i could have infected 100's in the meantime. This is why i think things will never get better.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ebel Red HotWoman
over a year ago

York

Not really!

There are only so many people available with the skills to carry out the tests. It takes time to train them even uneducated people know you have to train people to carry out tasks and training takes time.

When they are inundated you get a backlog even MacDonalds can't serve people instantly when they are busy.

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"I get tested each week at work on a Wednesday. This week i got tested at 10am and still waiting on my results. If i have covid i could have infected 100's in the meantime. This is why i think things will never get better. "

It is a shambles. Get tester on Monday every week and normally have results by Wednesday, came back on Friday this week.

Two times so far had test came back as unclear. One of the boys work got a positive last week, immediately tested again and went into isolation. The second test came back negative.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Not really!

There are only so many people available with the skills to carry out the tests. It takes time to train them even uneducated people know you have to train people to carry out tasks and training takes time.

When they are inundated you get a backlog even MacDonalds can't serve people instantly when they are busy.

"

I can appreciate this but having to wait 20mins for a cheeseburger is slightly different from spreading a deadly virus.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sent mine Wed, got result today at 5pm,positive

over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Sent mine Wed, got result today at 5pm,positive "

Not good. Not good for you or the people you have been in contact with. Wishing you a speedy recovery.xx

over a year ago

"Sent mine Wed, got result today at 5pm,positive

Not good. Not good for you or the people you have been in contact with. Wishing you a speedy recovery.xx"

Iv been in the house since Monday, another 10 days to go

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Hope you're OK, Dash

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I thought if you tested positive you only had to quarantine for 10 days ?

over a year ago

Hope you're OK, Dash "

I'm fine sweety

over a year ago

Hope you're OK, Dash

I'm fine sweety "

Dont worry only the good die young...aw feck...

over a year ago

Hope you're OK, Dash

I'm fine sweety

Dont worry only the good die young...aw feck..."

Oh shit

over a year ago

Hope you're OK, Dash

I'm fine sweety

Oh shit "

Any symptoms yet mate?

By *ebel Red HotWoman
over a year ago

York

"Not really!

I can appreciate this but having to wait 20mins for a cheeseburger is slightly different from spreading a deadly virus."

Then you can appreciate testing takes time do you think the people should work 20hrs a day when busy?

I guess you don't go to the gum clinic as you have to wait for those tests as well.

over a year ago

Hope you're OK, Dash

I'm fine sweety

Oh shit

Any symptoms yet mate?"

I did this week, headaches all the time, sweating a lot and a bit of coughing, all cleared up now

over a year ago

Hope you're OK, Dash

I'm fine sweety

Oh shit

Any symptoms yet mate?

I did this week, headaches all the time, sweating a lot and a bit of coughing, all cleared up now "

That's good...let's hope it's not long covid.

over a year ago

Hope you're OK, Dash

I'm fine sweety

Oh shit

Any symptoms yet mate?

I did this week, headaches all the time, sweating a lot and a bit of coughing, all cleared up now

That's good...let's hope it's not long covid. "

Indeed

over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Not really!

I can appreciate this but having to wait 20mins for a cheeseburger is slightly different from spreading a deadly virus.

Then you can appreciate testing takes time do you think the people should work 20hrs a day when busy?

I guess you don't go to the gum clinic as you have to wait for those tests as well. "

I think more people should be employed to deal with the testing

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"Not really!

I guess you don't go to the gum clinic as you have to wait for those tests as well.

I think more people should be employed to deal with the testing"

That would cost money, and Boris would much rather spend it on 'covid wombles' and paying MP's an extra 3000=a year for doing such a good job !

over a year ago

"Not really!

I guess you don't go to the gum clinic as you have to wait for those tests as well. "

You’re doing well here. You’ve gone from comparing a Covid test to ordering a burger to getting tested for an STD.I think the former is a tad more urgent.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Not really!

That would cost money, and Boris would much rather spend it on 'covid wombles' and paying MP's an extra 3000=a year for doing such a good job !"

So what happened to all the thousands of volunteers who signed up to help the NHS?. Many who were ex Drs and nurses.

over a year ago

North West

"Not really!

That would cost money, and Boris would much rather spend it on 'covid wombles' and paying MP's an extra 3000=a year for doing such a good job !

So what happened to all the thousands of volunteers who signed up to help the NHS?. Many who were ex Drs and nurses."

I tried to sign up to work PT in the Covid testing labs. I could do weekends or evenings but they only want people who can commit to 12hr days/nights on continental shifts. I'm perfectly well qualified and experienced in using the techniques for swab and antibody analysis *shrug*

over a year ago

If someone has symptoms they should be isolating. If they are still out and about while they wait for a test result they are incredibly irresponsible.

over a year ago

"Not really!

"

over a year ago

North West

"If someone has symptoms they should be isolating. If they are still out and about while they wait for a test result they are incredibly irresponsible.

"

Many key workers like Bluebell are being routinely tested weekly. If they isolated waiting for the results, they'd never go to work. Regular testing of key workers only works with rapid result turnaround, otherwise its pointless.

over a year ago

"Not really!

There are only so many people available with the skills to carry out the tests. It takes time to train them even uneducated people know you have to train people to carry out tasks and training takes time.Exactly. The person was missi g the original point the op was making. It takes time when extremely busy.

over a year ago

"Not really!

There are only so many people available with the skills to carry out the tests. It takes time to train them even uneducated people know you have to train people to carry out tasks and training takes time.Exactly. The person was missi g the original point the op was making. It takes time when extremely busy.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

"If someone has symptoms they should be isolating. If they are still out and about while they wait for a test result they are incredibly irresponsible.

"

I get alot of sore throats so if i were to isolate each time i had one i would never be at work.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Sorry to hear that, wishing you a speedy recovery x

over a year ago

I get alot of sore throats so if i were to isolate each time i had one i would never be at work."

No wonder you've got a sore throat,that cock is pretty big

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that, wishing you a speedy recovery x"

over a year ago

Glasgowish

I get alot of sore throats so if i were to isolate each time i had one i would never be at work.

No wonder you've got a sore throat,that cock is pretty big"

.x

By *dores blackmenWoman
over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

Many key workers like Bluebell are being routinely tested weekly. If they isolated waiting for the results, they'd never go to work. Regular testing of key workers only works with rapid result turnaround, otherwise its pointless. "

It is very different now as more tests are available,more keyworkers are tested weekly.However there isn't the staffing/facilities to do them as quickly

I get tested weekly as well as nearly a hundred members of staff,at first results took 1 to 2 days,now it can be anything between 3 and 10 days before we get a result through

Rapid testing would be much better especially for keyworkers

I tested tuesday daytime then straight into nightshift Tuesday and Thursday night looking after vulnerable people.No result yet,last weeks result came Friday

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Covid19 test are not 100% accurate my letter from nhs states that ..

over a year ago

Glasgowish

Many key workers like Bluebell are being routinely tested weekly. If they isolated waiting for the results, they'd never go to work. Regular testing of key workers only works with rapid result turnaround, otherwise its pointless.

It is very different now as more tests are available,more keyworkers are tested weekly.However there isn't the staffing/facilities to do them as quickly

I get tested weekly as well as nearly a hundred members of staff,at first results took 1 to 2 days,now it can be anything between 3 and 10 days before we get a result through

I tested tuesday daytime then straight into nightshift Tuesday and Thursday night looking after vulnerable people.No result yet,last weeks result came Friday "

This ia what i was talking about initially. With this happening to 1000's i really can not see how the UK will ever get top of Covid.

over a year ago

"Covid19 test are not 100% accurate my letter from nhs states that .."

Brilliant

over a year ago

Many key workers like Bluebell are being routinely tested weekly. If they isolated waiting for the results, they'd never go to work. Regular testing of key workers only works with rapid result turnaround, otherwise its pointless. "

If they are only testing key workers weekly then what difference does it make how quick the result comes back. They could test Wednesday morning, negative result Wednesday afternoon. Catch it Wednesday night.... next test a week later.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

If they are only testing key workers weekly then what difference does it make how quick the result comes back. They could test Wednesday morning, negative result Wednesday afternoon. Catch it Wednesday night.... next test a week later. "

Yes good point. So what is the answer to stopping covid spreading?.

By *dores blackmenWoman
over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

I tested tuesday daytime then straight into nightshift Tuesday and Thursday night looking after vulnerable people.No result yet,last weeks result came Friday

This ia what i was talking about initially. With this happening to 1000's i really can not see how the UK will ever get top of Covid."

Yes very true

In the meantime my work goes by my result of the previous week,to allow me to work the next week

Regular weekly testing is working,rather than eg being tested once a month

I know the saying is your only as clean as the day you tested negative,it wouldn't be viable to test everyone before every shift.

We have temperature checks on arrival and rely on people being sensible if have symptoms to self isolate

Post new Message to Thread