Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Covid-19. 30 years on.

Jump to newest

By *atEvolution OP   Couple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

There will be people at bus stops waiting for the Hydrogen Powered Bus to turn up and the Old Gentleman will be telling the young couple waiting with him . . .

'It wasn't like this in my day. You weren't allowed to stand close to people like you are now. You had to wait in line until man in a Yellow-Vest told you that you could go into a shop. And sometimes the shops were so short of basic things like pasta and toilet roll and cream crackers of all things. In coffee bars you had to sit 2 meters away from another table and scan that you had been there on those old fashioned Smart phones, nothing that smart about them if you ask me. And if you coughed or sneezed you had to go home and not see anyone for two weeks, the snoops would call you to make sure that you had. If they found you had gone out they would fine you all your months wages. You weren't even allowed to breath free air mostly. You had to wear paper masks and use sanitizing gel all the time. Rubbed you raw it did. My Grand children are all grown up now with families of their own. They hug and kiss, but we weren't allowed to. Anyway here's the bus. Remember. It's much easier now than it was.'

The old man will sit near the front of the bus and the young couple will go to the rear . . . they will hug each other closely and smile . . . and the young man will steal a kiss from his girlfriend and say . . .

'Crazy old duffer'.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nice writing

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Very well written

By *ictoriaathomeTV/TS
over a year ago

Huddersfield

How close to the truth????

By *iobhan123Woman
over a year ago

Deal

"There will be people at bus stops waiting for the Hydrogen Powered Bus to turn up and the Old Gentleman will be telling the young couple waiting with him . . .

'It wasn't like this in my day. You weren't allowed to stand close to people like you are now. You had to wait in line until man in a Yellow-Vest told you that you could go into a shop. And sometimes the shops were so short of basic things like pasta and toilet roll and cream crackers of all things. In coffee bars you had to sit 2 meters away from another table and scan that you had been there on those old fashioned Smart phones, nothing that smart about them if you ask me. And if you coughed or sneezed you had to go home and not see anyone for two weeks, the snoops would call you to make sure that you had. If they found you had gone out they would fine you all your months wages. You weren't even allowed to breath free air mostly. You had to wear paper masks and use sanitizing gel all the time. Rubbed you raw it did. My Grand children are all grown up now with families of their own. They hug and kiss, but we weren't allowed to. Anyway here's the bus. Remember. It's much easier now than it was.'

The old man will sit near the front of the bus and the young couple will go to the rear . . . they will hug each other closely and smile . . . and the young man will steal a kiss from his girlfriend and say . . .

'Crazy old duffer'.

This made me giggle!

"

over a year ago

Thankfully I ll be long gone

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"There will be people at bus stops waiting for the Hydrogen Powered Bus to turn up and the Old Gentleman will be telling the young couple waiting with him . . .

'Crazy old duffer'.

"

I like this... I reckon It will happen at some point.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Great writing

In 10 years time we are due something worse, antibiotics stopping working will be next and research has stalled

over a year ago

Very good writing. And an interesting perspective.

By *atEvolution OP   Couple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

TY. All.

Post new Message to Thread