FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Has anyone signed up for the National Statistic Infection Survry?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

At £50 for each member of the household tested and then £25 each for each subsequent visit seems like a good thing... but grateful for your thoughts.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

What infections are they testing for ?

over a year ago

They are just testing for Covid 19 as part of a very large statistical survey.

By *andyMinx_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

Leeds

I had the letter. Thinking about it. With permission they also want to visit every week for a month and/or every month for a year £25 for every further visit to your home but that would definitely be a no from me.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's a for profit organisation as an alternative to the NHS testing and tracing service? Ideally everyone would be within the NHS system, including monitoring via the app.

It would be preferable for all posts about things outside, including news etc, to provide core details.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Beggars belief. When I needed a bloody test, I couldn't get one as none were available.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"It's a for profit organisation as an alternative to the NHS testing and tracing service? Ideally everyone would be within the NHS system, including monitoring via the app.

It would be preferable for all posts about things outside, including news etc, to provide core details. "

I did a quick search and found the details of the ONS testing that we know has been continuing for a few months but that's a government run system to randomly test people, to determine the levels of the infection nationally. I'm assuming this op is about something different

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 10/10/20 14:53:01]

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I would take part for free if It really helped them. Not had anything Covid related in the post since an initial docs letter.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

IQVIA do most of the Sample and Testing for COVID Research. From what I can see there is no open invitation as such. But you would have register with IVQIA.

The 'backbone' of the Oxford Survey I did 3 months ago was IQVIA. With Mori providing the 'random' customer/client expertise.

If you are invited I would say do it, in the end it will most likely help everybody.

(corrected mistype)

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’ve been taking part for the last two weeks. Very efficient and takes about 10 minutes maximum. It’s ONS and the data collected will hopefully assist in understanding the virus. Not sure why anyone who’s received the letter would decline, but each to their own I guess.

over a year ago

"It's a for profit organisation as an alternative to the NHS testing and tracing service? Ideally everyone would be within the NHS system, including monitoring via the app.

It would be preferable for all posts about things outside, including news etc, to provide core details.

I did a quick search and found the details of the ONS testing that we know has been continuing for a few months but that's a government run system to randomly test people, to determine the levels of the infection nationally. I'm assuming this op is about something different "

No I can confirm it is from the ONS. The bumf says that the testers will visit weekends or evenings if needed so it would be at our convenience. There are three in my household so adding up that comes to over £1000 if we all do the survey for the whole period. Besides the cash Im thinking it would be good to know that I am an clear or not.....a bit like a monthly STI test!!

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan
over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

I’ve had the invitation, but I’ve not responded so far.

It mentions ‘anyone in your household who takes part will receive a voucher for each visit (£50 for the first visit, £25 for each further visit)

But it doesn’t say what the vouchers can be used for....

over a year ago

I had a letter from imperial college asking if I would take a Covid test which I accepted,

It arrived on the Saturday and I went online on the Monday to book a courier to collect it,only to be told that the kit had expired on the Sunday.

Didn’t realise cotton buds where that sensitive!!!

over a year ago

"I’ve been taking part for the last two weeks. Very efficient and takes about 10 minutes maximum. It’s ONS and the data collected will hopefully assist in understanding the virus. Not sure why anyone who’s received the letter would decline, but each to their own I guess. "

over a year ago

"I had a letter from imperial college asking if I would take a Covid test which I accepted,

It arrived on the Saturday and I went online on the Monday to book a courier to collect it,only to be told that the kit had expired on the Sunday.

Didn’t realise cotton buds where that sensitive!!!"

Somebody visits the household to take the test for this Survey..

over a year ago

"I had a letter from imperial college asking if I would take a Covid test which I accepted,

Somebody visits the household to take the test for this Survey.."

I get that,but mine was a free survey for the NHS under Imperial college.

over a year ago

Somebody visits the household to take the test for this Survey..

I get that,but mine was a free survey for the NHS under Imperial college.

"

I get that. This one is done by the ONS and Oxford Uni..Its free to me but furthermore I would receive vouchers..

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Friend of mine is actually doing this. When he first told me about it I thought it was a scam but he's had his first test.

They come to his house and give him the swabs to do himself, then take them away again for testing.

Very strange.

over a year ago

"I’ve had the invitation, but I’ve not responded so far.

It mentions ‘anyone in your household who takes part will receive a voucher for each visit (£50 for the first visit, £25 for each further visit)

"

Am told that the vouchers cover a wide range of retail companies as well as Amazon.

over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

"I’ve had the invitation, but I’ve not responded so far.

Am told that the vouchers cover a wide range of retail companies as well as Amazon."

Ok, thanks. Seems strange that they don’t explain it better; either in the letter or the accompanying 12 page ‘Participant information sheet’ on page 7, under the question ‘Will I be reimbursed for taking part?’

I’m just cynical (and I’m bored tonight)

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

We thought the explanation was OK. We signed up and all three of us (including our teenage daughter) have had 5 tests so far. All negative.

Although we would have done it free of charge, we have earnt £150 each so far. The vouchers are electronic ones to a retailer of your choice from a reasonable list. We have chosen Amazon each time so far and the vouchers just get added as gift cards to your account with a 10 year expiry date. Next time you buy something the gift card balance is used first.

Unfortunately we have not yet been offered the antibody test, which would be more interesting as we were all ill last Christmas with pretty much all the symptoms of Covid-19.

over a year ago

"We thought the explanation was OK. We signed up and all three of us (including our teenage daughter) have had 5 tests so far. All negative.

Although we would have done it free of charge, we have earnt £150 each so far. The vouchers are electronic ones to a retailer of your choice from a reasonable list. We have chosen Amazon each time so far and the vouchers just get added as gift cards to your account with a 10 year expiry date. Next time you buy something the gift card balance is used first.

Unfortunately we have not yet been offered the antibody test, which would be more interesting as we were all ill last Christmas with pretty much all the symptoms of Covid-19."

Thats really useful information...thank you..

over a year ago

I find it strange that they have to pay people for this.

Says a lot about our society and mistrust they have with those in authority and where are they getting this money from? What other information are they selling on?

over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

"We thought the explanation was OK. We signed up and all three of us (including our teenage daughter) have had 5 tests so far. All negative.

Unfortunately we have not yet been offered the antibody test, which would be more interesting as we were all ill last Christmas with pretty much all the symptoms of Covid-19."

The explanation in general was fine, I just didn’t see any explanation about the type of vouchers they are offering.

Thanks for clarifying, that’s very helpful

Post new Message to Thread