Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Dumb question

Jump to newest

By *urga2076 OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

If you've had covid say 1-2 months ago and still have the antibodies, do you still put someone at risk of getting it from you? I can't see any clear answers on this in media

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"If you've had covid say 1-2 months ago and still have the antibodies, do you still put someone at risk of getting it from you? I can't see any clear answers on this in media"

Yeah very probable and no it's not a dumb question

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The only research I’ve read is by the Oxford university centre for evidence based medicine.

They tested positive samples from people who appeared to have been infected in the past and found that they were no longer infectious even though they still tested positive.

They claim it’s due to the numbers of cycles used in the testing.

It’s a new virus so evidence is continually being assessed.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"The only research I’ve read is by the Oxford university centre for evidence based medicine.

They tested positive samples from people who appeared to have been infected in the past and found that they were no longer infectious even though they still tested positive.

They claim it’s due to the numbers of cycles used in the testing.

It’s a new virus so evidence is continually being assessed."

There will be some evidence behind the period that is advised for quarantine. Viral load and shedding changes in the first few days following infection. Whilst the PCR test is the gold standard, it finds partial bits of the virus that can be interpreted as live virus, even though you'd not be infectious. Stick with the official guidelines for when you'd be an infection risk to others.

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

"If you've had covid say 1-2 months ago and still have the antibodies, do you still put someone at risk of getting it from you? I can't see any clear answers on this in media

Yeah very probable and no it's not a dumb question"

Though not the brightest answer- not very probable

By *limmatureguyMan
over a year ago

Tonbridge

"If you've had covid say 1-2 months ago and still have the antibodies, do you still put someone at risk of getting it from you? I can't see any clear answers on this in media"

No.

Post new Message to Thread