Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Mondays upcoming announcement

Jump to newest

By *iddle Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Walsall

So we all know new restrictions are to be announced Monday but there is still some debate over what and where and how far these will go.

I just hope it's a bit clearer and straight forward, I think there are too many differnt rules for differnt areas, it is getting hard to follow everything and making a bit of a joke of the whole thing. It just seems to area specific and they forget people travel around a lot these days.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"So we all know new restrictions are to be announced Monday but there is still some debate over what and where and how far these will go.

I just hope it's a bit clearer and straight forward, I think there are too many differnt rules for differnt areas, it is getting hard to follow everything and making a bit of a joke of the whole thing. It just seems to area specific and they forget people travel around a lot these days. "

They could always enhance travel restrictions, to make it easier to understand and abide with the restrictions in areas.

Were they not suggesting regional restrictions that cover broader areas than just council boroughs etc?

You can still have adjoining zones that have fewer restrictions, such as the Midlands adjacent to Yorkshire, Greater Manchester etc. If pushed, people could insist that they are officially East Midlands, because Fab says so (Despite being 4 miles from Glasgow, 8 miles from Elephant and Castle etc).

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's absolute nonsense which is why the Swedish model just tried to stick to four simple rules that could be followed over the years and years in which this virus will be with us.

Hands face space and self isolate with symptoms unless tested otherwise.

It's not rocket science

By *iddle Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Walsall

"It's absolute nonsense which is why the Swedish model just tried to stick to four simple rules that could be followed over the years and years in which this virus will be with us.

It's not rocket science "

Yes I think something like this would be best now, we're all seen this lockdown here, don't do that there, please go to the cinema, go out don't go out. It just isn't working. I can't help but think come monday we're all going to be that bit worse of and for no good.

I don't have the answers but I worry the people in charge don't either and are no more clued up than you or I. It seems like they are plucking rules at random as there are so many contradictions.

I've about had my fill of it all.

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"It's absolute nonsense which is why the Swedish model just tried to stick to four simple rules that could be followed over the years and years in which this virus will be with us.

It's not rocket science

Yes I think something like this would be best now, we're all seen this lockdown here, don't do that there, please go to the cinema, go out don't go out. It just isn't working. I can't help but think come monday we're all going to be that bit worse of and for no good.

I don't have the answers but I worry the people in charge don't either and are no more clued up than you or I. It seems like they are plucking rules at random as there are so many contradictions.

I've about had my fill of it all.

"

Yeah, swedish people seem to be more intelligent

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"So we all know new restrictions are to be announced Monday but there is still some debate over what and where and how far these will go.

I just hope it's a bit clearer and straight forward, I think there are too many differnt rules for differnt areas, it is getting hard to follow everything and making a bit of a joke of the whole thing. It just seems to area specific and they forget people travel around a lot these days. "

At a rough guess it's probably going to be something like

"The public are too fkn stupid to wash their hands,keep 2m apart and wear face coverings so we're having another lockdown"

Well done chaps

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

We have to have the lady at tescos physically giving everyone a hand sanitisation squirt before they enter now as sooo many were not bothering

By *teverailerMan
over a year ago

Reading

It's not rocket science

We have to have the lady at tescos physically giving everyone a hand sanitisation squirt before they enter now as sooo many were not bothering "

This annoys me as I use my own as I walk from the car so why should I be made you use more??

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

I too always have my own in my pocket as the one in the local supermarket is pressed by everyone

How can that be right

over a year ago

There would still be people who seem unable to follow simple instructions.

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

We have these rules too but some people appear to struggle with it.

By *iddle Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Walsall

"I too always have my own in my pocket as the one in the local supermarket is pressed by everyone

How can that be right"

Just use it as you go in and she can see you use it, I prefer my own as some of the stuff is horrible.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

The issues is schools but the government won’t admit that .... while schools are open with no social distancing nothing will change.

38% of new infections came from schools and uni workplace was next at 19%

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

It sounds like they are going to stop over night stays in some areas, no idea how you police that though !

And so many people still don’t seem to understand a mask needs to go over your nose as well as your mouth. Plus just having it around your chin achieves nothing. Maybe they need to add this to their public health messages.

over a year ago

Those are the basic rules here but people are deliberately thick and say they can't understand. Hence the need for the government to baby sit them.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"The issues is schools but the government won’t admit that .... while schools are open with no social distancing nothing will change.

38% of new infections came from schools and uni workplace was next at 19% "

Which shows it is important to stop the other 43% of new infections so we can keep kids in education and most businesses generating money

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

It's not rocket science

We have to have the lady at tescos physically giving everyone a hand sanitisation squirt before they enter now as sooo many were not bothering

This annoys me as I use my own as I walk from the car so why should I be made you use more??"

Is it that difficult ?

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Masks are ineffective

By *exxxesCouple
over a year ago

Newbury / London

"I too always have my own in my pocket as the one in the local supermarket is pressed by everyone

How can that be right"

Because the product it dispenses, used correctly, would counter the fact you've touched a communal dispenser at a guess.

Our Sainsbury's has a fixed station and we use the back of hand then apply liberally.

We'd rather they have one than didn't

By *exy4youxxWoman
over a year ago

Pontefract

"It sounds like they are going to stop over night stays in some areas, no idea how you police that though !

And so many people still don’t seem to understand a mask needs to go over your nose as well as your mouth. Plus just having it around your chin achieves nothing. Maybe they need to add this to their public health messages. "

Sorry but I don't have a mask over my nose I can't bloody breathe in them they are horrid x

By *exxxesCouple
over a year ago

Newbury / London

"Masks are ineffective"

Fully agree when worn around chin / left in pocket / lowered to continually graze.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The issues is schools but the government won’t admit that .... while schools are open with no social distancing nothing will change.

Which shows it is important to stop the other 43% of new infections so we can keep kids in education and most businesses generating money"

Whilst keeping open the 2 sectors which generate the most infections.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

How can that be right

Because the product it dispenses, used correctly, would counter the fact you've touched a communal dispenser at a guess.

Our Sainsbury's has a fixed station and we use the back of hand then apply liberally.

We'd rather they have one than didn't "

My dentist has a foot pedal operated sanitiser, so you don't have to touch anything with your hands.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

Which shows it is important to stop the other 43% of new infections so we can keep kids in education and most businesses generating money"

Kids in schools will be never ending infection .... blended learning and social distancing enabling smaller classes is the only way this won’t keep going. Schools can’t control nits so won’t control this. Won’t matter what else is closed tbh kids have parents and childminders and grandparents who will then further the spread.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

It's not rocket science

This annoys me as I use my own as I walk from the car so why should I be made you use more??"

Or how in some shopping areas, you are requested to sanitise on entry to EVERY shop, that no self respecting germ would dare settle on anyone!

As occurred last weekend, I left one shop to go into the one next door where I was almost verbally mugged by some over zealous Muppet who demanded I sanitise my hands.

It made no difference that I'd sanitised my hands in half a dozen different shops in the previous 10 mins; hadn't hugged, shaken hands, kissed or shagged anyone in those few minutes; or even used my own sanitiser anyway which I carry around on me.

Hell no, I was pounced on by this individual who inferred I was "unclean and if I didn't comply, I'd be barred from both entering and returning plus she'd call the Police as I was a troublemaker!"

She even berated an elderly man who protested he has to wear latex gloves as he has a skin condition on his hands which if in contact with sanitiser liquids, it hurts like hell; it's like washing his hands in acid - he had a card from hospital explaining his condition and that his gloves were the option he wears.

No, Miss Hitler gave him the 3rd Degree and banned him too!

She will be ideal as a Council Covid marshal!

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

It's not rocket science

This annoys me as I use my own as I walk from the car so why should I be made you use more??

Or how in some shopping areas, you are requested to sanitise on entry to EVERY shop, that no self respecting germ would dare settle on anyone!

As occurred last weekend, I left one shop to go into the one next door where I was almost verbally mugged by some over zealous Muppet who demanded I sanitise my hands.

It made no difference that I'd sanitised my hands in half a dozen different shops in the previous 10 mins; hadn't hugged, shaken hands, kissed or shagged anyone in those few minutes; or even used my own sanitiser anyway which I carry around on me.

Hell no, I was pounced on by this individual who inferred I was "unclean and if I didn't comply, I'd be barred from both entering and returning plus she'd call the Police as I was a troublemaker!"

She even berated an elderly man who protested he has to wear latex gloves as he has a skin condition on his hands which if in contact with sanitiser liquids, it hurts like hell; it's like washing his hands in acid - he had a card from hospital explaining his condition and that his gloves were the option he wears.

She will be ideal as a Council Covid marshal! "

Amd how would they know if you hadn't washed for a month and had stuck your fingers up your germ infested nose or sneezed into your hand and wiped it on your trousers after having a piss and not washing your hands.

People need to get a grip on reality, using a bit of handwash on your way into a shop isn't a violation of your civil liberties and may save a life, maybe even yours so please people wise up and do it.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The politicians who here are not happy at all.

They are saying they are not even being consulted on what's going on.

over a year ago

"The politicians who here are not happy at all.

They are saying they are not even being consulted on what's going on."

All will be revealed to them on the marr and sophie ridge shows in the morning

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The politicians who here are not happy at all.

They are saying they are not even being consulted on what's going on.

All will be revealed to them on the marr and sophie ridge shows in the morning "

over a year ago

How can that be right"

Also ATM machines,used all the time but always seem dirty,finger marked...

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Saw a video report from the Covid Symptom Study this morning which said only 1 in 5 people self isolate when they have Symptoms so that's 80% of people who have symptoms knowingly go out in the knowledge that they will likely infect other people. Baffled!

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

It's not rocket science

She will be ideal as a Council Covid marshal! "

She should be a forum moderator! Not on here of course, our mods are

over a year ago

lol that's funny

over a year ago

Because like in most things the majority suffer because of the minority.

over a year ago

boris: just to let you know your all going to die but could you all wait till we tell you on monday.

ffs

over a year ago

38% of new infections came from schools and uni workplace was next at 19% "

Exactly and the hospitality sector i.e restaurants, pubs, hotels etc accounted for 3%

These are not made up stats they come from the track and trace programme directly.

Our government cant possibly restrict schools, colleges, universities and workplaces which together are responsible for the majority of covid incidents so instead they take a sledgehammer to the hospitality sector who is responsible for a tiny amount in comparison.

Even after fully destroying the hospitality sector they manage to reduce that 3% will it really make a difference?

Will such a small decrease be worth the damage caused to businesses, jobs, the economy and people's mental health?

KJ

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Exactly and the hospitality sector i.e restaurants, pubs, hotels etc accounted for 3%

These are not made up stats they come from the track and trace programme directly.

Our government cant possibly restrict schools, colleges, universities and workplaces which together are responsible for the majority of covid incidents so instead they take a sledgehammer to the hospitality sector who is responsible for a tiny amount in comparison.

Even after fully destroying the hospitality sector they manage to reduce that 3% will it really make a difference?

Will such a small decrease be worth the damage caused to businesses, jobs, the economy and people's mental health?

KJ "

They realised they needed to get people back working again and after hammering the teaching unions for about 3 months they had to open up universities again.

Post new Message to Thread