Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

New Furloughs Sceme Announced

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In a nutshell its 67% of your normal wages, up to £2100.00 per month

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-rishi-sunak-reveals-targeted-furlough-scheme-for-hospitality-industry-in-covid-hotspots-12099760

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"In a nutshell its 67% of your normal wages, up to £2100.00 per month

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-rishi-sunak-reveals-targeted-furlough-scheme-for-hospitality-industry-in-covid-hotspots-12099760"

That is good news, it will certainly help the hospitality sector as I have a feeling they are going to be lockdown again on Monday

over a year ago

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-rishi-sunak-reveals-targeted-furlough-scheme-for-hospitality-industry-in-covid-hotspots-12099760

That is good news, it will certainly help the hospitality sector as I have a feeling they are going to be lockdown again on Monday "

My thoughts too

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

For those venues that are already closed - the scheme ends in October and there is no plan to continue it.

over a year ago

"For those venues that are already closed - the scheme ends in October and there is no plan to continue it.

"

Really?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"For those venues that are already closed - the scheme ends in October and there is no plan to continue it.

Really? "

He won't even answer journalists when asked about it.

By *s.KerryTV/TS
over a year ago

Blackpool

It's not a continuation of the furlough scheme of what I've read. Its if a business has to close because of any new restrictions to be announced so Totally different

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"It's not a continuation of the furlough scheme of what I've read. Its if a business has to close because of any new restrictions to be announced so Totally different"

Yup. Know that.

over a year ago

Really? "

Apparently it starts on the first of November and replaces the existing one that ends in October

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Really?

Apparently it starts on the first of November and replaces the existing one that ends in October "

It's ONLY for targeted hotspots - two different schemes.

over a year ago

Really?

Apparently it starts on the first of November and replaces the existing one that ends in October

It's ONLY for targeted hotspots - two different schemes."

So will it benefit people who will lose their income due to hospitality closures?

over a year ago

That is good news, it will certainly help the hospitality sector as I have a feeling they are going to be lockdown again on Monday "

That's my sad hunch too.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Really?

So will it benefit people who will lose their income due to hospitality closures?"

But not those like nightclubs, swingers clubs and Music Venues that are already closed. That scheme ends in October and there is no plan to continue it.

'The chancellor described Friday's announcement as "a very different scheme to what we've had before, this is not a universal approach, this is an expansion of the job support scheme specifically for those people who are in businesses that will be formally or legally asked to close".

The support will only apply to businesses that have to close as a result of government regulations, but as yet it is not clear which firms may have to close.'

over a year ago

Really?

So will it benefit people who will lose their income due to hospitality closures?

But not those like nightclubs, swingers clubs and Music Venues that are already closed. That scheme ends in October and there is no plan to continue it.

'The chancellor described Friday's announcement as "a very different scheme to what we've had before, this is not a universal approach, this is an expansion of the job support scheme specifically for those people who are in businesses that will be formally or legally asked to close".

The support will only apply to businesses that have to close as a result of government regulations, but as yet it is not clear which firms may have to close.'

"

Well good new for some but not for others

over a year ago

It's a good job I didn't title it as good news eh...

over a year ago

Did you hear that mps wages are to go up £3300 next year though. Despite the fact that they are on over 80k a year.

over a year ago

"Did you hear that mps wages are to go up £3300 next year though. Despite the fact that they are on over 80k a year. "

It happened all through austerity...when there was no magic money tree. They must have a secret garden eh

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"Did you hear that MPs wages are to go up £3300 next year though. Despite the fact that they are on over 80k a year. "

Many are unhappy with this increase and have publically said so.

Don't blame the MPs or the government for this increase, it's the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority who sets the salaries and expenses.

over a year ago

"Did you hear that MPs wages are to go up £3300 next year though. Despite the fact that they are on over 80k a year.

Don't blame the MPs or the government for this increase, it's the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority who sets the salaries and expenses.

"

They can all donate the extra money to charity then

over a year ago

"Did you hear that MPs wages are to go up £3300 next year though. Despite the fact that they are on over 80k a year.

They can all donate the extra money to charity then "

Yeah like every pay rise they've had and didn't want

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

They can all donate the extra money to charity then "

Some do

By *plpxp2Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

the devil will be in the detail as what constitutes "normal wages". There is often a gulf between contracted hours in the sector and additional hours and tips that folks rely on to make the job worth while. That said in the current climate for everyone who isn't an MP every little helps.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

And SEISS grant extensions come out too, but only 20% of monthly profit figure.

Self employed and business are really being hit hard. How many will manage to survive.....that is a real concern now.

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Not sure what Pandemic is, but what is unfolding before our eyes is a mass destruction of the economy as we know it.

over a year ago

Yes, the new schememis welcome, IF your business/employees qualify. Vast numbers don't.

There is no support for those businesses, for example nightclubs, who have been unable to reopen at all due to regulations. They will almost all go bust within the next 3 months.

There is no support for those businesses who, while legally allowed to open, cannot do so because the resrrictions make it unprofitable to do so. Most of those will go bust too.

There is no support for freelancers or many self-employed, who while allowed to work cannot becuase the industries they rely on for work are either closed or heavily resrricted. Many of those are already on the breadline, many more will follow.

Bottom line here is that this government has washed it's hands of many people who worked in thriving industries for which we were rightly well regarded internationally.

Add in Sturgon's war on alcohol & entertainment and you start to see the shape of the 'new normal'. No fun, no drinking, no singing. Just approved, healthy and wholesom activities allowed... oh, and work... gotta make sure the politicians & billionaires don't suffer...

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"And SEISS grant extensions come out too, but only 20% of monthly profit figure.

Self employed and business are really being hit hard. How many will manage to survive.....that is a real concern now."

Fuckin disgrace!!! So many businesses haven't been able to open yet at all (like ours) and this is what we get

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

I found out today that a friend of mine who works as a secretary for a estate agent who was on furlough is been made redundant. I hate to say it but things are going to get tougher

over a year ago

"I found out today that a friend of mine who works as a secretary for a estate agent who was on furlough is been made redundant. I hate to say it but things are going to get tougher"

You're onky seeing the tip of the iceberg so far. I will not be surprised to see unemployemnt over 20% by the time this is done.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"I found out today that a friend of mine who works as a secretary for a estate agent who was on furlough is been made redundant. I hate to say it but things are going to get tougher

You're onky seeing the tip of the iceberg so far. I will not be surprised to see unemployemnt over 20% by the time this is done."

. Yes it’s the tip of a iceberg there is a reason why DWP are recruiting staff

Post new Message to Thread