Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

pubs to shut for 2 weeks across central scotland

Jump to newest

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

so wee Nicola is shutting pubs across central Scotland yet labour are asking questions in the hoc why English pubs have to shut at 10pm.This could be interesting to see how much the shutdown affects the spread.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ersnickety PantsWoman
over a year ago

Club Meets Only

I don't think it will make a blind bit of difference tbh

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

good god the jocks will be rioting.

shes only doing it because soon celtic play rangers.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I don't think it will make a blind bit of difference tbh "

I agree. She is a silly women.

By *arahspiceCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

It should slow things down significantly I think that should be UK wide

over a year ago

"It should slow things down significantly I think that should be UK wide "

If it doesn't can we finally put this lockdown shit to bed?

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

All a bit confusing as I’m sure I read that places with lockdowns are the ones with increasing cases

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

"All a bit confusing as I’m sure I read that places with lockdowns are the ones with increasing cases "
That’s definitely true

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

"good god the jocks will be rioting.

shes only doing it because soon celtic play rangers."

Accurate but what that will do is push all the idiots to have a house party to watch the game!

over a year ago

all central Scotland pubs & hotels closed

rest of Scotland; the Ban of music was not enough, now they have also Banned alcohol

but.... you can drink an orange juice as long as before 6pm

you really couldn't make this shit up,

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Lets be honest; none of them have a fucking idea at all.

You cant drink alcohol yet you can go with the same people into the same cafe / bar and drink coffee or a soft drink, sitting at the same table with the same distancing, the same masks and the same rules, does the idiots now think alcohol is spreading the virus.

I can half ( and only half) see the logic in closing at ten pm so there are not big groups on the streets till 2am d*unk, but a drink with lunch or a meal in an evening makes no bloody difference to the virus, but maybe to the livelyhood of the pub owners.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/10/20 20:55:49]

over a year ago

Well she's not worried really. She can always get the English tax payers that she hates so much to bail them out and if they don't blame then for their economic collapse. It's a win win for the SN PEE.

over a year ago

"Lets be honest; none of them have a fucking idea at all.

You cant drink alcohol yet you can go with the same people into the same cafe / bar and drink coffee or a soft drink, sitting at the same table with the same distancing, the same masks and the same rules, does the idiots now think alcohol is spreading the virus.

I can half ( and only half) see the logic in closing at ten pm so there are not big groups on the streets till 2am d*unk, but a drink with lunch or a meal in an evening makes no bloody difference to the virus, but maybe to the livelyhood of the pub owners."

aye but......

you can go to the same bar, sit outside in the pissing rain drinking alcohol until 10pm, work that one out,

but you can only sit inside drinking soft drinks until 6pm

so the bar is totally empty inside after 6pm, and 2 piss heads sitting outside in pissing rain expecting to drink until 10pm

this is the SNP facts

you cannot buy alcohol in a supermarket until after 10am as well

Our Scottish Parliament must be smoking the (hash) whilst making these rules up.

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

"Well she's not worried really. She can always get the English tax payers that she hates so much to bail them out and if they don't blame then for their economic collapse. It's a win win for the SN PEE."

If Scotland’s such a burden why doesn't England chose independence ?

over a year ago

"Well she's not worried really. She can always get the English tax payers that she hates so much to bail them out and if they don't blame then for their economic collapse. It's a win win for the SN PEE.

If Scotland’s such a burden why doesn't England chose independence ? "

Possibly because we have many scottish friends and acquaintances and actually think it's all a load of political bollox and that actually we are much stronger all together, rather than lots of tiny, farty little countries.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Let's hope Boris doesn't follow suit.

over a year ago

"Well she's not worried really. She can always get the English tax payers that she hates so much to bail them out and if they don't blame then for their economic collapse. It's a win win for the SN PEE.

Possibly because we have many scottish friends and acquaintances and actually think it's all a load of political bollox and that actually we are much stronger all together, rather than lots of tiny, farty little countries."

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Because England get a lot of money from Scotland presumably.

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

Possibly because we have many scottish friends and acquaintances and actually think it's all a load of political bollox and that actually we are much stronger all together, rather than lots of tiny, farty little countries."

Except it’s not a union of equals is it.

You’re friends and acquaintances will still be there regardless.

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

Because England get a lot of money from Scotland presumably. "

Someone gets it !

I give you a tenner and you give me £3 back

over a year ago

Possibly because we have many scottish friends and acquaintances and actually think it's all a load of political bollox and that actually we are much stronger all together, rather than lots of tiny, farty little countries.

Except it’s not a union of equals is it.

You’re friends and acquaintances will still be there regardless. "

I'll let you crack on mate. Enjoy your independence when it comes.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Because England get a lot of money from Scotland presumably.

Someone gets it !

I give you a tenner and you give me £3 back "

We tend to still think the world revolves around us in this country.

Hence brexit.

By *aughtycd44TV/TS
over a year ago

Lanark

Sadly you are spot on that is exactly what she will do and the scary part is plenty will fall for it what a way to get votes than a spot of we are the victims of the pesky English spin.

over a year ago

"Sadly you are spot on that is exactly what she will do and the scary part is plenty will fall for it what a way to get votes than a spot of we are the victims of the pesky English spin.

"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Lets be honest; none of them have a fucking idea at all.

I can half ( and only half) see the logic in closing at ten pm so there are not big groups on the streets till 2am d*unk, but a drink with lunch or a meal in an evening makes no bloody difference to the virus, but maybe to the livelyhood of the pub owners.

aye but......

you can go to the same bar, sit outside in the pissing rain drinking alcohol until 10pm, work that one out,

but you can only sit inside drinking soft drinks until 6pm

so the bar is totally empty inside after 6pm, and 2 piss heads sitting outside in pissing rain expecting to drink until 10pm

this is the SNP facts

you cannot buy alcohol in a supermarket until after 10am as well

Our Scottish Parliament must be smoking the (hash) whilst making these rules up."

That's democracy mate, you got the SNP and we got the Tories..

By *ch WellMan
over a year ago

Scotland

If Boris Johnson came up with this crap he'd be getting laughed at. What an absolute shambles. Go to a pub but you can't drink unless you are outside. If you're inside then you can only eat til 6 unless you've ordered fajitas then you have to be outside with them incase you spill. If youve got work the next day then don't take public transport or a lift from a colleague and if you do have a car then you can only drive it before 6pm. Ok I've went a bit far but it's getting that ridiculous

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

I read all this shit and all of you just have your own selfish points of view without any logic.No matter English or Scottish blame the leaders.I say blame youraelves not the leaders take responsibility

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Let's hope Boris doesn't follow suit."

Let's hope not. It seems Sturgeon has been trying a few power plays to undermine Westminster?

I think this one will bite her in the arse though, it's gonna be very unpopular with the locals and it's gonna damage several businesses not just pubs and bars.

over a year ago

I've just heard a report he is going to

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Let's hope Boris doesn't follow suit.

Let's hope not. It seems Sturgeon has been trying a few power plays to undermine Westminster?

I think this one will bite her in the arse though, it's gonna be very unpopular with the locals and it's gonna damage several businesses not just pubs and bars."

How will shutting pubs in Scotland undermine Westminster?

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

I think this one will bite her in the arse though, it's gonna be very unpopular with the locals and it's gonna damage several businesses not just pubs and bars.

How will shutting pubs in Scotland undermine Westminster?"

It puts pressure on Westminster to follow suite. Throughout Covid Sturgeon has made great publicity about implemented stricter measures earlier than Westminster has.

As there are several opponents of devolution (Scottish Independance) in the cabinet, one train of thought (allegedly supported by Gove) is that English policy should work closely with Scottish policy.

over a year ago

I think this one will bite her in the arse though, it's gonna be very unpopular with the locals and it's gonna damage several businesses not just pubs and bars."

She doesn't need to undermine Westminster. The Tories manage that all by themselves.

By *eedsmale36Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Because you have all the oil, tunnocks wafers and Irn-Bru Xtra, the rest you can keep

over a year ago

Frankly I don't think it's going to make a blind bit of difference.

I sat and read through the 14 page document they published today and quite honestly I was unimpressed. It read more like a political spin pamphlet than a true scientific analysis. No critical thinking. No dissenting opinion. No reasoned argument. Nothing but some warmed over statistics presented in a form designed to support the govenrment's case. If that's truly what is guiding these policies then god help us all.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

It puts pressure on Westminster to follow suite. Throughout Covid Sturgeon has made great publicity about implemented stricter measures earlier than Westminster has.

As there are several opponents of devolution (Scottish Independance) in the cabinet, one train of thought (allegedly supported by Gove) is that English policy should work closely with Scottish policy."

Not really.

If doesnt work why would they copy her?

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

As there are several opponents of devolution (Scottish Independance) in the cabinet, one train of thought (allegedly supported by Gove) is that English policy should work closely with Scottish policy.

Not really.

If doesnt work why would they copy her?"

None of their other policies make a lot of sense, I think it's more a case of keeping up appearances. Looking like they are doing something, anything?

over a year ago

looks like quite a bit of England will follow suit on Monday

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"Well she's not worried really. She can always get the English tax payers that she hates so much to bail them out and if they don't blame then for their economic collapse. It's a win win for the SN PEE."

Scotland pays more into the UK exchequer than every region of England apart from London and the South East. You can find that info easily.

Therefore, chances are, it's me that bails you out.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

It won’t be enough to make a big difference I fear.

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"all central Scotland pubs & hotels closed

rest of Scotland; the Ban of music was not enough, now they have also Banned alcohol

you really couldn't make this shit up, "

Did you listen to Sturgeon yesterday? It's clear that these decisions are being made based on evidence from track and trace. The source of enough cases are linked to pubs when serving alcohol to make a difference to the R rate.

I think I heard 1 in 5 cases are linked to pubs.

Therefore for every 5 cases 1 is linked to a pub. If you remove pubs then of those 5 cases only 4 actually happen.

That means not only 20% reduction of cases and deaths but also strain on NHS which means more resources for other areas like cancer treatment people bang on about.

over a year ago

Did you listen to Sturgeon yesterday? It's clear that these decisions are being made based on evidence from track and trace. The source of enough cases are linked to pubs when serving alcohol to make a difference to the R rate.

Therefore for every 5 cases 1 is linked to a pub. If you remove pubs then of those 5 cases only 4 actually happen.

That means not only 20% reduction of cases and deaths but also strain on NHS which means more resources for other areas like cancer treatment people bang on about.

"

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"so wee Nicola is shutting pubs across central Scotland yet labour are asking questions in the hoc why English pubs have to shut at 10pm.This could be interesting to see how much the shutdown affects the spread."

It's not wee Nichola, it's the arseholes that think they're invincible and couldn't give a fuck

over a year ago

"

No they actually asked if anybody has visited a bar restaurant or cafe within a week and the answer came back as 1 in 5, no evidence that there'd caught it there or passed on anything there.

over a year ago

Scotland pays more into the UK exchequer than every region of England apart from London and the South East. You can find that info easily.

"

Trouble is though London and the South East bails just about all of us out LOL. Maybe that is something that needs fixing instead of all going our separate ways. I can't see this going well for any of us to be honest. As I said at some point you scots will get your vote again and if you decide to go it alone then we'll have another great shit storm to rock the already shaky economic boat. We shot off our foot a few years ago and then you can go and shoot off our hand. We'll all have to hope that it grows back somehow.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Trouble is though London and the South East bails just about all of us out LOL. Maybe that is something that needs fixing instead of all going our separate ways. I can't see this going well for any of us to be honest. As I said at some point you scots will get your vote again and if you decide to go it alone then we'll have another great shit storm to rock the already shaky economic boat. We shot off our foot a few years ago and then you can go and shoot off our hand. We'll all have to hope that it grows back somehow."

That's down to successive gmnts centralising everything in that area.

over a year ago

"If Boris Johnson came up with this crap he'd be getting laughed at. What an absolute shambles. Go to a pub but you can't drink unless you are outside. If you're inside then you can only eat til 6 unless you've ordered fajitas then you have to be outside with them incase you spill. If youve got work the next day then don't take public transport or a lift from a colleague and if you do have a car then you can only drive it before 6pm. Ok I've went a bit far but it's getting that ridiculous"
fajitas

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

All bars and cafes in Brussels shut for a month! No alcohol comsumption in public places either.

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"All bars and cafes in Brussels shut for a month! No alcohol comsumption in public places either.

"

I bet the ones in the eu building are not.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"All bars and cafes in Brussels shut for a month! No alcohol comsumption in public places either.

I bet the ones in the eu building are not. "

Like the cafeteria in the houses of parliament?

Surely you must have heard of that glass houses saying,?

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Surely you must have heard of that glass houses saying,?"

we all know they are open whats your point?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Surely you must have heard of that glass houses saying,?we all know they are open whats your point?"

Because you are obsessed with the eu but seem content to pass no comment on the ineptitude and corruption in this country.

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Surely you must have heard of that glass houses saying,?we all know they are open whats your point?

Because you are obsessed with the eu but seem content to pass no comment on the ineptitude and corruption in this country."

very funny i was just making a statement and will try to find out if the bars in the eu building are still open just like i will want to know if the one in hollyrood are shut.What corruption are you on about?

over a year ago

Its time that the vulnerable have the help they need or want.The rest of the population make their own minds up ,getting rather fed up of the inconsistencies of a incompetent Government.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Surely you must have heard of that glass houses saying,?we all know they are open whats your point?

Because you are obsessed with the eu but seem content to pass no comment on the ineptitude and corruption in this country.very funny i was just making a statement and will try to find out if the bars in the eu building are still open just like i will want to know if the one in hollyrood are shut.What corruption are you on about?"

Where do you want me to start?

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan
over a year ago

North East

full lockdown #2, bring it on!!

Post new Message to Thread