Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

househunting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just a quick thought. was browsing through some housing sites last night.. spare room.. and was surprised that so many people are renting their spare rooms out still and looking for strangers for flatshares... i know housing is vital, i know this more than most.. but i couldn't help thinking how fluid bubbles have to be and fab connotations lol.. People will meet for all sorts of reasons and the Internet will always be a tool for that

d

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

ps was there ever a kinky houseshare thread on here?

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Hang on!. Let me get this right. You can put someone in your spare room for kinky stuff, and they pay you rent! Sound's great. I've two rooms to rent!

over a year ago

there are big groups on fet about it. would love to find somewhere with people we get on with and understand all aspects inc the mundane and nilla

d

over a year ago

is moving into a new shared house any more dangerous thana socially distanced meet in view to starting new physical relationships.. do you think housing apps and dating apps should be as restricted as fab? interested to hear views

D

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I live alone i have two spare rooms i though renting but i ended to make my dressing room of one and the other one still empty i mean only my guitars and amplifier and mic .

Someone who plays classic or acoustic guitar would be a perfect house mate defenitly

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Maybe it's the only way they can afford to keep their roof above their head. If they rent a room out they could receive a substantial amount of money a month. Desperate times mean desperate measures.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

A lot of people are just not that sold on being uber strict on the Covid-19 safety. Especially when it impacts on their ability to fund the roof over their head. Ironically its the whole covid thing thats putting more pressure on people to put making ends meet over safety concerns. In this case I'm inclined to agree that making ends meet is probably a higher priority v the statistical risk of the virus (individual circumstances granted).

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

Moving into a house share is a permanent move, it creates a household and is permitted.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

I guess it’s about priorities ... finding somewhere to live, renting out your spare room to afford the mortgage - pretty essential. Meeting a stranger for causal sex - not essential at all.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

*casual

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

"is moving into a new shared house any more dangerous thana socially distanced meet in view to starting new physical relationships.. do you think housing apps and dating apps should be as restricted as fab? interested to hear views

D "

At the end of the day we're all adults and folk do as they do whether Fab facilities that or not. I think Fab is very conscious that our community is often frowned up on in the first place. We would make a very easy scapegoat for those who wish to point the finger at a bogeyman. Im sure this is the rationale behind strongly showing the site is in full compliance and supportive of social distancing. I'm inclined to agree this is the best course of action regardless of what other sites do.

over a year ago

Well indeed. and safety first of course but if we are permitted socially distanced meets...what do we do if we actually like each other..? we could all move onto a university campus and lock ourselves in. communes are the only answer.. no wait is that just encouraging leper colonies.

lol aghhh

d

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"Well indeed. and safety first of course but if we are permitted socially distanced meets...what do we do if we actually like each other..? we could all move onto a university campus and lock ourselves in. communes are the only answer.. no wait is that just encouraging leper colonies.

lol aghhh

d"

You wait ........ it’s simple really. If you’re single or they’re and want to form an exclusive bubble with one person then fill your boots. If it’s casual extra then it’s not really essential as you’re not going without anything.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"is moving into a new shared house any more dangerous thana socially distanced meet in view to starting new physical relationships.. do you think housing apps and dating apps should be as restricted as fab? interested to hear views

D "

both are allowed and both are pretty important in life

- renter needs somewhere affordable to live and the person with the room likely needs the income/ help with the rent themselves ... once you move in it’s pretty permanent for usually at least 6 months so like like jumping about from house to house

- new relationships can’t just stop entirely for single people as we don’t know how long the virus will last and we would be legislating their relationship status otherwise ... but like you said social distance dating til ready to form a bubble if perfectly safe ... human connection is important which is why bubbles were allowed the first place

- fab meets are for getting a shag (which is also not distanced and has no sense of permanence once in close contact like the above do) ... its also not that important in the grand scheme of things to get your hole

so no i dont agree that the rules for dating and houseshare should be the same as fab

over a year ago

ww all know people have met romantically on here and what about poly couples wanting to introduce a third?

are we saying random fucks and orgies are bad but meeting anyone for a possible ltr is ok.. fabs should have a lonely heart meet column

d

over a year ago

"ww all know people have met romantically on here and what about poly couples wanting to introduce a third?

are we saying random fucks and orgies are bad but meeting anyone for a possible ltr is ok.. fabs should have a lonely heart meet column

d"

nobody said you couldn't meet romantically from here ... the line people are drawing is social distance til you want to create a more permanent bubble (wether that be as housemates or a relationship like your examples) vs a random fuck &orgie where social distance is not possible and its for nothing but hedonistic pleasure ... to be honest not even sure why they are being compared

over a year ago

cos there are people who still terrified of hugging their elderly parents.

my dad won't even have his own grandkids in his car or touch them. not a world i can stomach living in.

i just think that supermarkets have been the most dangerous places since March and how long can it go on for.. mutiple years? just imagine all those that have died without human touch 0f loved ones

what about the homeless or the no fixed abode less sofa surfers? Where do they stand? i remember laughing in March when they said stay at home.. for many that's complicated

over a year ago

"cos there are people who still terrified of hugging their elderly parents.

my dad won't even have his own grandkids in his car or touch them. not a world i can stomach living in.

i just think that supermarkets have been the most dangerous places since March and how long can it go on for.. mutiple years? just imagine all those that have died without human touch 0f loved ones

what about the homeless or the no fixed abode less sofa surfers? Where do they stand? i remember laughing in March when they said stay at home.. for many that's complicated "

sorry im not trying to be obtuse but i dont get how this connects with what was already being discussed

unless you are saying because people might need to move house into a flat share or may be forming new relationships then we should just allow a free for all

Post new Message to Thread