Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

School infections

Jump to newest

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I have 2 children at secondary school, years 9 and 12.

There have been 5 cases since they went back. 2 of which are in my son's year bubble (year 12). He has just been sent home after being back for a week after isolating the first time.

I think the school are doing all they can, it's just so bloody frustrating.

How are your schools doing?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"I have 2 children at secondary school, years 9 and 12.

There have been 5 cases since they went back. 2 of which are in my son's year bubble (year 12). He has just been sent home after being back for a week after isolating the first time.

How are your schools doing?"

One school by me is complete closed

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Sorry to hear that, no cases here so far secondary or primary schools

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Year 13... And fingers crossed so far its been OK. According to the boy, they are pretty good at doing as they are told (that's a first) been back 4 weeks.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

High school by me messaged all parents last night to say they're closed to years 7-9 as no staff available due to Covid

My kid's school keep sending more and more kids home

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's different in all settings. I just feel that this is going to be how it is, or worse that schools may close as a poster above mentioned.

Poor kids

over a year ago

On a mooch

"It's different in all settings. I just feel that this is going to be how it is, or worse that schools may close as a poster above mentioned.

Poor kids "

It is something they are definitely preparing for here, with days planned outside the school environment already (secondary) for the kids to remote learn. If not possible to be at home on these set days, then provision has been made for an area within the school.

Coupled with a plan for each child to have their own laptop by January through a scheme which they will keep for their school life, so they are looking at long term rather than just this term or next.

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"It's different in all settings. I just feel that this is going to be how it is, or worse that schools may close as a poster above mentioned.

Poor kids

It is something they are definitely preparing for here, with days planned outside the school environment already (secondary) for the kids to remote learn. If not possible to be at home on these set days, then provision has been made for an area within the school.

Coupled with a plan for each child to have their own laptop by January through a scheme which they will keep for their school life, so they are looking at long term rather than just this term or next.

"

That's great planning, especially the lap top thing.

over a year ago

My eldest is year 10 and is due back Wednesday after isolating due to a positive case in his year

Probably only a matter of time before it happens again, or his brothers year

My daughters in primary school, so far so good

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

That's great planning, especially the lap top thing."

Didn't the government say in March they would give school children laptops ?

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

My son's school is still open everything ok so far fingers crossed. It's so worrying for everyone at the moment we all want are kids to have the best education possible but at the same time we worry about there health, as much as there health comes before anything else, but kids being back home all day again could give some parents real child care problems if them themselves have returned to work.

over a year ago

On a mooch

Poor kids

It is, it costs the parents £10 a month for 3 years it’s not a bad deal. Those that can’t afford it extra provisions are being made to ensure all children have them, just as they did before lockdown started so no child missed out on the lessons.

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Poor kids

It is, it costs the parents £10 a month for 3 years it’s not a bad deal. Those that can’t afford it extra provisions are being made to ensure all children have them, just as they did before lockdown started so no child missed out on the lessons. "

I will have to look into that.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We don't have school age children but a large school near us is closed completely

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman
over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

My year 12 has been doing it all online for college, when they don't cancel the lessons.

There have been no cases that I know of so far in the school my others are at

By *ymph and ManicCouple
over a year ago

North East

Poor kids

. The school granddaughter attends informed all parents that from year 3 they would all need IPads at parents costs. But bought through school costing £550 each. ... and she’s been sent home because teachers haven’t adhered to covid regulations... So it’s 14 days isolation for her. ...

over a year ago

Poor kids

That's great planning, especially the lap top thing.. The school granddaughter attends informed all parents that from year 3 they would all need IPads at parents costs. But bought through school costing £550 each. ... and she’s been sent home because teachers haven’t adhered to covid regulations... So it’s 14 days isolation for her. ... "

My daughter's secondary school has issued them all Ipads at the parents cost, £840. Frustrating when she has a perfectly working and nearly new android tablet at home but it doesn't work on their systems.

over a year ago

On a mooch

Poor kids

That's great planning, especially the lap top thing.. The school granddaughter attends informed all parents that from year 3 they would all need IPads at parents costs. But bought through school costing £550 each. ... and she’s been sent home because teachers haven’t adhered to covid regulations... So it’s 14 days isolation for her. ...

My daughter's secondary school has issued them all Ipads at the parents cost, £840. Frustrating when she has a perfectly working and nearly new android tablet at home but it doesn't work on their systems. "

Ouch that’s a lot of money

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Despite living in an area with extra restrictions it’s all been fine so far.

The child in secondary has had 3 cases all in sixth form (1 student, 2 teachers). So no impact on that child. I’m really surprised as the school is situated in an area that has even more cases than where we live. Only two weeks to go and it’s half term.

The other child is at sixth form locally. They had a couple of cases the first week back but nothing since. They’re only in college 2 days all other tuition is online.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

" she’s been sent home because teachers haven’t adhered to covid regulations... So it’s 14 days isolation for her. ... "

Have all the students been adhering to the guidelines ?

Does the whole household have to isolate ?

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

all schools open near me and as far as my daughters school goes no one seems to have caught it.all teachers in and by looks of it all kids in aswell

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"

Didn't the government say in March they would give school children laptops ?"

They announce these things multiple times, each time for the acclaim but typically fail to follow through. They've not done so with the laptops, just a few hundred went out over months. I'm surprised they haven't announced it again, as a new initiative from the conservative party conference this week.

By *ymph and ManicCouple
over a year ago

North East

" she’s been sent home because teachers haven’t adhered to covid regulations... So it’s 14 days isolation for her. ...

Have all the students been adhering to the guidelines ?

Does the whole household have to isolate ?"

she’s actually 7 years of age. ...

By *ymph and ManicCouple
over a year ago

North East

Poor kids

That's great planning, especially the lap top thing.. The school granddaughter attends informed all parents that from year 3 they would all need IPads at parents costs. But bought through school costing £550 each. ... and she’s been sent home because teachers haven’t adhered to covid regulations... So it’s 14 days isolation for her. ...

My daughter's secondary school has issued them all Ipads at the parents cost, £840. Frustrating when she has a perfectly working and nearly new android tablet at home but it doesn't work on their systems.

Ouch that’s a lot of money "

. Yeah a lot of money and the school stipulates the iPad has to be solely for school work only. No other apps etc allowed. ... but it’s the child’s /parents after 3 years. Lol

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

I work in a school of 1200 kids in London. No cases yet.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

My friend has a child home as they shared class space with a child who was tested positive. Only 10 days to go !!!

over a year ago

Pretty soon half the schools in the country will be closed because teachers are self-isolating.

How are parents supposed to cope if they have to take time off work to look after the kids ?

Will anyone pay them ?

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

I drive a school bus, It's all well & good keeping them in their "school bubble" but then they are herded onto the bus home with the various bubbles mixing, no supervision so I don't know what they are doing upstairs, my guess is same as downstairs, soon as we leave the school off come the masks..... and no one tells us drivers if it's someone on our bus who has tested positive, we are just part of the bus

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

Our nursery section closed down Friday for 2 weeks, (1 confirmed case in the bubble) oddly a text came out Sunday to say older siblings should be in their classes as normal though.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

None in our students aged 16+, many of whom live in shared halls of residence similar to the local unis. No positive cases among staff directly, but some in wider staff families. Some staff had to isolate for possible exposure so they taught online only. All OK so far here in the Covid capital of the UK.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Poor kids "

Yes very true. But kids take a lead from parents... So if parents make it a drama.. So will the kids... Or if parents take it in their stride... So will the kids

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Most of our local Secondary schools and a couple of Primarys have had confirmed cases.

Cal

over a year ago

Its not suppressing kids are buggers for not washing their hands and picking their noses.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Its not suppressing kids are buggers for not washing their hands and picking their noses. "

No kids have been brought up with basic hygiene skills this is true....

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

"

No kids have been brought up with basic hygiene skills this is true...."

Let's face it, we've had to teach allegedly functional adults how to wash their hands and what "persistent" means.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

we've had to teach allegedly functional adults how to wash their hands and what "persistent" means."

I still don't know what "persistent" means in relation to Covid. My mum had a bad cough. Some government/NHS websites talked about persistent coughs,others about continous coughs and also more than three bouts of coughing in 24 hours. It was all very unclear.

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

A cough which persists. Or if you wish a cough which is continuous, won't go away like a cough from swallowing the wrong way or from a sore throat

over a year ago

Not read all the thread sorry but kids have been shut down and separate from class mates for 7months. A couple of days back and they catch the lurgie. Need to know what is a cold and what is covid x

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

"Not read all the thread sorry but kids have been shut down and separate from class mates for 7months. A couple of days back and they catch the lurgie. Need to know what is a cold and what is covid x"

Well a cold comes with snot, usually loads of it.

Covid is a loss of taste and smell, and a new dry (not with snot or phlegm) cough with fever spikes

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Not read all the thread sorry but kids have been shut down and separate from class mates for 7months. A couple of days back and they catch the lurgie. Need to know what is a cold and what is covid x"

We had an email from the school saying not to sent children in if they have cold symptoms and that if they did go in they would be send home.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"Not read all the thread sorry but kids have been shut down and separate from class mates for 7months. A couple of days back and they catch the lurgie. Need to know what is a cold and what is covid x

We had an email from the school saying not to sent children in if they have cold symptoms and that if they did go in they would be send home. "

Really?! As if they haven't missed out in enough education already. Whatever next. Children often have colds and snuffles.

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

I have 1 child year 6, 1 child year 9 plus 1 young adult in collage. Both the schools and collage are covid free currently.

Although there are so many schools in spitting distance which have cases and part closed.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Not read all the thread sorry but kids have been shut down and separate from class mates for 7months. A couple of days back and they catch the lurgie. Need to know what is a cold and what is covid x

We had an email from the school saying not to sent children in if they have cold symptoms and that if they did go in they would be send home. "

That’s just crazy and sad to hear

By *errible_TwoCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

After the first 3 days back they closed Yr 8 and Yr 11,and a bubble in Yr 13 for 2 weeks, ( our school is split in to 2 different sites a mile apart, 7-9 in one and 10-13 in another, after 2 1/2 weeks Yr 10 (our daughters Yr) got a case so they were off for 2 weeks they went back this Monday but they have each year in a bubble so 300 children all mixing together so we are giving them 3 weeks before someone else gets it in her year, but I honestly think she's already had it this time last year and picked it up in Spain

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

We had an email from the school saying not to sent children in if they have cold symptoms and that if they did go in they would be send home.

Really?! As if they haven't missed out in enough education already. Whatever next. Children often have colds and snuffles. "

I know, it does seem a little ott!

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"After the first 3 days back they closed Yr 8 and Yr 11,and a bubble in Yr 13 for 2 weeks, ( our school is split in to 2 different sites a mile apart, 7-9 in one and 10-13 in another, after 2 1/2 weeks Yr 10 (our daughters Yr) got a case so they were off for 2 weeks they went back this Monday but they have each year in a bubble so 300 children all mixing together so we are giving them 3 weeks before someone else gets it in her year, but I honestly think she's already had it this time last year and picked it up in Spain "

It does feel like it's a rolling effect here tbh. They go back, someone gets it, they're off, go back before another case emerges. It's so disruptive. I hope they revert to course work assessments like Scotland have!

By *rs mischiefWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

We have only just had one confirmation in year 6 class now in isolation,since the return in June.

Local secondary school on 2nd case and kids in particular classes are in isolation.

It will just roll on and on and on, opening and isolating, until the powers that be decide we all just get on with it. What more can we do. Follow guidance and get on..

By *ady Lick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"We have only just had one confirmation in year 6 class now in isolation,since the return in June.

Local secondary school on 2nd case and kids in particular classes are in isolation.

It will just roll on and on and on, opening and isolating, until the powers that be decide we all just get on with it. What more can we do. Follow guidance and get on.."

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

Wales

No infection in my kids Primary School yet.

I’m not sure our School can quite believe it because they are constantly sending out “it’s important to tell us” messages.

I think it’s only a matter of time though. A few parents work at the local Hospital that happens to be one of the three Welsh Hospitals that was on the Welsh news yesterday with Hospital Covid outbreaks.

Post new Message to Thread