Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Mass vaccination not going to happen

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

From the horses mouth, Kate Bingham, head of the vaccine task force speaking to the financial times :

"There is going to be no vaccination of people under 18," she said. "It's an adult-only vaccine for people over 50, focusing on health workers, care home workers and the vulnerable."

So, can someone tell me how the health service is magically going to be able to cope with the huge mass of infections in the non-vulnerable groups, you know, like the majority we're seeing now?

We have a choice here. Our society is under threat and not from this virus. It's under threat from us, the people of this country, who are letting our politicians destroy it under our noses without so much as a whisper.

What that seemingly innocuous statement from Ms Bingham means is that eithrr our government are lying to us about the need for all these restrictions and closures or that many of them are likely to become permanent.

Neither is good & if you rely on the nighttime economy or entertainment for your living I'd say that, combined with the government's indifference to the industry is the clearest signal yet that your job/business is history.

Welcome to the new normal folks. Eat, sleep, work in your approved occupation and remember to vote tory....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The stark reality is that the infection will be with us for ever. In general, more older people will die as a result of the complications of infection so vaccinations of those groups makes sense. Younger people mostly recover. A few deaths in this age group are acceptable in the hive and won’t overwhelm the NHS.

The government’s consultation paper has a very long section about accepting absolutely no responsibility for any vaccine side effects.

Every death is a tragedy to those around it but a number and assessment by care providers.

over a year ago

"The stark reality is that the infection will be with us for ever. In general, more older people will die as a result of the complications of infection so vaccinations of those groups makes sense. Younger people mostly recover. A few deaths in this age group are acceptable in the hive and won’t overwhelm the NHS.

The government’s consultation paper has a very long section about accepting absolutely no responsibility for any vaccine side effects."

Exactly. So why are they still trying to terrify everyone? Why the restrictions? Why the constant stream of infection figures and death tolls?

What's the point now.. it's YOUNG people getting the disease and they are still claiming hosoitals are going to collapse with one breath while in the next they're saying those people don't need vaccination.

They can't have it both ways. Either the disease is so deadly that everyone needs vaccinated or it's not and there's no point in/need for the restrictions.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

I posted this a week or so ago.

The provisional order was set out as follows:

older adults’ resident in a care home and care home workers1

all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers1

all those 75 years of age and over

all those 70 years of age and over

all those 65 years of age and over

high-risk adults under 65 years of age

moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age

all those 60 years of age and over

all those 55 years of age and over

all those 50 years of age and over

rest of the population (priority to be determined)

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

Welcome to the new normal folks. Eat, sleep, work in your approved occupation and remember to vote tory...."

You need to put Total Recall down lol. Maybe read 'I see Monsters' instead.

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

That's certainly disappointing and at odds with what the government has previously stated.

What about those under 50 who aren't care workers but who have frequent contact with critically vulnerable people who may be unable to take a vaccine - eg one of my partners who's GP usually recommends against her having any jabs as she tends to get life threatening side effects.

What Bingham is saying doesn't seem to make sense unless she's talking only about the first few months of a vaccine programme.

After all, we were told the gvt had already ordered 100m doses of the AstraZeneca vaccination - sufficient to give 2 jabs to 50 million adults m

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m not so sure.

What’s the point in locking down those that are not going to get the vaccine then?

Surely you would shield the vulnerable? Sounds a bit weird to me.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Did she say that others will never get a vaccine? Which specific vaccine was she referring to? Plucked out of potential context, her statement may appear to say something different to what was meant. With limited supplies, for example, it would make sense to target those who are in the higher risk groups, as Cat had posted about.

Probably better to wait for 1 to be licensed, then to see what the plan is.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 05/10/20 10:09:14]

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

"Did she say that others will never get a vaccine? Which specific vaccine was she referring to? Plucked out of potential context, her statement may appear to say something different to what was meant. With limited supplies, for example, it would make sense to target those who are in the higher risk groups, as Cat had posted about.

Probably better to wait for 1 to be licensed, then to see what the plan is. "

I'm thinking along the same lines. Were likely to have multiple vaccines come on Steam at different times, each offering different efficacy and side effects. It's still likely that groupsc will be targeted but I doubt the under 50s will never get vaccinated. Kids, possibly.

over a year ago

I am on the list for an antibody test

apparently 5 - 10 day wait

I have heard of nothing regarding any vaccination, maybe things are different in Scotland

hard enough to get tested when you are dealing with covid-19 patients never mind anything else

over a year ago

When the head of the task force charged with delivering the vaccine says 'This is an adult only vaccine for people over 50' then I don't see there is any room for that to be taken out of context.

The magic bullet we've all been told will save us from covid and end the restrictions is a myth. Another government snow job to keep people quiet & compliant. These restrictions aren't going to end unless we, the people of the country, end them.

over a year ago

"I’m not so sure.

What’s the point in locking down those that are not going to get the vaccine then?

Surely you would shield the vulnerable? Sounds a bit weird to me.

"

The old and infirm are the Guinea pigs to test it out

By *uited staffs guyMan
over a year ago

staffordshire

The tens of thousands getting the vaccine as part of the phase 2 and 3 trials are the guinea pigs

Once it’s licensed it won’t be at the guinea pig phase any more as so many will have already had it

By *limmatureguyMan
over a year ago

Tonbridge

They will coerce people into having the vaccine by limiting the activity of those who haven't been vaccinated. For example, they will say that you will still need to quarantine for 14 days on return from abroad if you haven't been vaccinated.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"They will coerce people into having the vaccine by limiting the activity of those who haven't been vaccinated. For example, they will say that you will still need to quarantine for 14 days on return from abroad if you haven't been vaccinated."

They could try that but if the vaccine is only partially effective, it would still place people at risk.

By *el CDMan
over a year ago

Warrington

If only they had a test to clear you on your return?!

over a year ago

"The tens of thousands getting the vaccine as part of the phase 2 and 3 trials are the guinea pigs

Once it’s licensed it won’t be at the guinea pig phase any more as so many will have already had it "

It would be good to know how many of the first group to be vaccinated...where actually in the trials. I would hazard a guess at not many.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"They will coerce people into having the vaccine by limiting the activity of those who haven't been vaccinated. For example, they will say that you will still need to quarantine for 14 days on return from abroad if you haven't been vaccinated."

Your evidence? How would they do that when they only intend to vaccinate less than half of the adult population? Or will international travel be restricted to pensioners going on cruises?!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/10/20 11:41:49]

over a year ago

There is a government consultation paper already published giving the expected way forward. The aim is to mass vaccinate, not to only vaccinate the old but to do it in stages. Let’s face it, if 65 million people turned up on a Monday morning, there’d be queues around the block.

It’s in the public forum I think.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

That does make sense though, I can't get a breast screen on the nhs till I'm 50 unless I find a lump and a large proportion of comorbidities start showing signs in 50 plus, when i hit 40 I instantly got a health check appt letter from the doctors for bloods, cholesterol etc

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

"There is a government consultation paper already published giving the expected way forward. The aim is to mass vaccinate, not to only vaccinate the old but to do it in stages. Let’s face it, if 65 million people turned up on a Monday morning, there’d be queues around the block.

It’s in the public forum I think."

That's what I'd previously read and makes sense.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The stark reality is that the infection will be with us for ever. In general, more older people will die as a result of the complications of infection so vaccinations of those groups makes sense. Younger people mostly recover. A few deaths in this age group are acceptable in the hive and won’t overwhelm the NHS.

The government’s consultation paper has a very long section about accepting absolutely no responsibility for any vaccine side effects.

Exactly. So why are they still trying to terrify everyone? Why the restrictions? Why the constant stream of infection figures and death tolls?

What's the point now.. it's YOUNG people getting the disease and they are still claiming hosoitals are going to collapse with one breath while in the next they're saying those people don't need vaccination.

They can't have it both ways. Either the disease is so deadly that everyone needs vaccinated or it's not and there's no point in/need for the restrictions.

"

Its really not that hard to understand if the older population have the vaccine then the younger ones will not pass it on to them, the hospitals will not then be full of old people with it.

over a year ago

"

"

You forgot the shielding group. Right from the beginning of this but government have said they will be amongst the 1st.

over a year ago

I'd bet they won't get more than 60% of health workers willing to take it

By *uited staffs guyMan
over a year ago

staffordshire

"I'd bet they won't get more than 60% of health workers willing to take it "

Way more than that have the flu jab in our local hospitals so why not?

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"

You forgot the shielding group. Right from the beginning of this but government have said they will be amongst the 1st. "

Wouldn’t they come under High Risk adults under 60 and anyone older gets it above that ranking.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

You forgot the shielding group. Right from the beginning of this but government have said they will be amongst the 1st. "

I, didn't forget any group - That's not my list. It's PHE

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

But as Twisted said they will be in the High-Risk group.

over a year ago

Bill gates and the new world order won't be happy if they can only track people 50+

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Bill gates and the new world order won't be happy if they can only track people 50+"

As if that's even a thing

over a year ago

"

You forgot the shielding group. Right from the beginning of this but government have said they will be amongst the 1st.

Wouldn’t they come under High Risk adults under 60 and anyone older gets it above that ranking. "

There is no high risk group under 60...its under 65 on list.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Everything above that is High Risk

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

"

?

From day one it's been established that some groups are much more vulnerable than others.

Really not sure why anyone would be surprised that there are priorities as to who should be vaccinated.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"

Wouldn’t they come under High Risk adults under 60 and anyone older gets it above that ranking.

There is no high risk group under 60...its under 65 on list."

I meant 65 my bad.

over a year ago

Hi op

Someone on radio Kent today made a valid point or two.

Last flu pandemic we never had any of this.

Dark Winter 2001 and Event 201 were exercises only.

The strain of the vaccine the listener said was the wrong strain. Causing 50k deaths.

Are we living in NEW WORLD ORDER

I think we are. Controlling our every movement.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Hi op

Someone on radio Kent today made a valid point or two.

Last flu pandemic we never had any of this.

Dark Winter 2001 and Event 201 were exercises only.

The strain of the vaccine the listener said was the wrong strain. Causing 50k deaths.

Are we living in NEW WORLD ORDER

I think we are. Controlling our every movement. "

Simple maths - Take 50 thousand Deaths away from over 1 Million Deaths . . .

over a year ago

The "government" can stick their Corona vaccine where the sun don't shine! Fucking sick of hearing about Corona bullshit viruses ! Even the political elite still go about their business !! Even travel around when tested positive ! And even visit castle's , to test their eyesight !!!

over a year ago

"Bill gates and the new world order won't be happy if they can only track people 50+

As if that's even a thing "

I know, it's a joke

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"Bill gates and the new world order won't be happy if they can only track people 50+

As if that's even a thing "

But don’t you know the whole pandemic is fake to force the roll out of a “vaccine” to every citizen.. an injection that is really about nanobots that upload every detail including our sexual activity to the cloud, nanobots that can be controlled by the 5G frequency to cause respiratory problems on demand, “medical experts” on pootube have videos about it and everything . Gates, Trump, Borris, the WHO, senior doctors, they are all in on it...

over a year ago

"

There is no high risk group under 60...its under 65 on list.

I meant 65 my bad. "

No they are going to be above all those categories.

That was announced when the shielding started.

over a year ago

"

I, didn't forget any group - That's not my list. It's PHE"

Yes you did.

The government have announced several times that the shielding group will be at the top of the list.

over a year ago

I enquired in a chemist shop today about a flu vaccine and a rather under pressure assistant said I would have to register online and there was a waiting list, what chance we got this is for the normal every year flu vaccine not the covid one, that is if we ever get to that..

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"

Yes you did.

The government have announced several times that the shielding group will be at the top of the list. "

Lorna, the bad news is that the Govts own lists omit anyone under the age of 50, no group under 50 is listed as being offered the vaccine, at least not the first wave.

over a year ago

"

Yes you did.

The government have announced several times that the shielding group will be at the top of the list.

Lorna, the bad news is that the Govts own lists omit anyone under the age of 50, no group under 50 is listed as being offered the vaccine, at least not the first wave. "

No it doesn't.

Iv just read the whole document.

It very clearly says that it will be done on clinical need regardless of age when you actually read it properly.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

Yes you did.

The government have announced several times that the shielding group will be at the top of the list. "

Hmm I'll say it again I did NOT forget any group as I did NOT make that list.

over a year ago

"

Yes you did.

Hmm I'll say it again I did NOT forget any group as I did NOT make that list. "

Yes but you also missed out the bit that says they haven't worked it all out yet all or where younger people and those from BLAM backgrounds.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

Yes you did.

Yes but you also missed out the bit that says they haven't worked it all out yet all or where younger people and those from BLAM backgrounds. "

Nope the News website that printed that list last week missed it . . . I merely re-posted it from that time. If other info' was missing from that's not my bad.

over a year ago

"

Yes you did.

Yes but you also missed out the bit that says they haven't worked it all out yet all or where younger people and those from BLAM backgrounds.

Nope the News website that printed that list last week missed it . . . I merely re-posted it from that time. If other info' was missing from that's not my bad.

"

Oh see thats what you get for not checking sauces.

I looked at the official government website that gives correct and sensible information.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

Yes you did.

I looked at the official government website that gives correct and sensible information. "

Oh dear anything for a fight - so very sad. When you could have just simply added additional info'

over a year ago

"

Yes you did.

I looked at the official government website that gives correct and sensible information.

Oh dear anything for a fight - so very sad. When you could have just simply added additional info' "

I did but kept coming back at me.

I haven't said anything that isn't factual there was a lot missing from what you had put. There is no need for making assumptions.

I suggest you have another read of what I replied to.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Here was the BIGGEST CLUE in my post above . . .

The provisional order was set out as follows:''

over a year ago

"Here was the BIGGEST CLUE in my post above . . .

The provisional order was set out as follows:''

"

Yes but you could got to say you had copied it from a newspaper that had missed out great chucks from the actual list on the government website. When I did try to add additional information you took it personally. If you are going to put this stuff out there then you should make sure its factual.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Anyway let’s hope the most vulnerable get it first be that by age or otherwise.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Anyway let’s hope the most vulnerable get it first be that by age or otherwise.

"

Indeed - and from the provisional list above they will.

over a year ago

"Anyway let’s hope the most vulnerable get it first be that by age or otherwise.

Indeed - and from the provisional list above they will. "

But that isn't the full provisional list.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Indeed - and from the provisional list above they will. "

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Jeesus. Won't ya' buy me a Mercedes Benz my friends all have Porches I must . . .

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The vaccine could come in many forms, single or multi-dose, with varying levels and terms of immunity. It may be seen as efficacious to have multiples of different vaccines.

We also don't know the logistics and production issues and whether they will be sorted.

It's right to prioritise but there's much that remains unknown or uncertain at present

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Probably be available on the open market as well. Money talks.

over a year ago

"When the head of the task force charged with delivering the vaccine says 'This is an adult only vaccine for people over 50' then I don't see there is any room for that to be taken out of context.

The magic bullet we've all been told will save us from covid and end the restrictions is a myth. Another government snow job to keep people quiet & compliant. These restrictions aren't going to end unless we, the people of the country, end them."

over a year ago

"The tens of thousands getting the vaccine as part of the phase 2 and 3 trials are the guinea pigs

Once it’s licensed it won’t be at the guinea pig phase any more as so many will have already had it

It would be good to know how many of the first group to be vaccinated...where actually in the trials. I would hazard a guess at not many."

about 33% , normally 3 groups, vaccine,placebo and control group

over a year ago

Some will only give 60% overall immunity

Then the next one out 80%....I hope any backers who maybe on here pick the right horse

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"Some will only give 60% overall immunity

Then the next one out 80%....I hope any backers who maybe on here pick the right horse"

So if you have them both thats 140% immunity

over a year ago

"Some will only give 60% overall immunity

Then the next one out 80%....I hope any backers who maybe on here pick the right horse

So if you have them both thats 140% immunity "

Or a molotov cocktail

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/10/20 18:31:13]

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"The vaccine could come in many forms, single or multi-dose, with varying levels and terms of immunity. It may be seen as efficacious to have multiples of different vaccines.

We also don't know the logistics and production issues and whether they will be sorted.

It's right to prioritise but there's much that remains unknown or uncertain at present "

It's right to prioritise but there's much that remains unknown or uncertain at present "

Judging by the Survey that was available for everyone to complete a short while ago . . . it will be multi-level and some will accept 'non-full-term-trail' vaccines. Specifically in the Survey there was a question with regard to this and whether the government and private industry could be held responsible for 'bad outcomes'.

The longer people hold out from taking a vaccination the more likely the vaccination they get will be a fully-trialed one. Which kind of makes it rock-and-a-hard-place for those who need it most urgently, as the chance of 'bad-outcomes' will be higher for those who take it first.

By *uited staffs guyMan
over a year ago

staffordshire

It would be good to know how many of the first group to be vaccinated...where actually in the trials. I would hazard a guess at not many.about 33% , normally 3 groups, vaccine,placebo and control group"

Half had the covid vaccine half a different vaccine (one for meningitis) so patients had no idea which one they were getting

They then looked at antibody levels to covid, side effects etc

Post new Message to Thread