Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

cineworld and bond

Jump to newest

By *iguy for fun OP   Man
over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

so the bond film release has been delayed because lack or cinema goers - fair enough. but cineworld has now called it a day so less cinemas available to watch bond - hmm so have the bond producers/distributers (and other films) cut their options and so actually effed up and screwed their finances?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"so the bond film release has been delayed because lack or cinema goers - fair enough. but cineworld has now called it a day so less cinemas available to watch bond - hmm so have the bond producers/distributers (and other films) cut their options and so actually effed up and screwed their finances?"

possibly yes,

its all about money with them

producers should consider the World situation right now and take a loss by distributing the film now for free

they would gain much more public appreciation and benefit in the long run

its all about profit, they have no concern about trying to help or provide a few hours entertainment without making a large amount of cash

hopefully everyone will boycott the bond movie when it eventually comes out

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

Personally I think the Bond Producers thought that they would miss out on $£€illions so they are holding it back until a more suitably profitable time.

Depends who is left to show however in the longer term future.

The obviously think the risk is worth it.

Joe and Josephine Public really won't care what chain they see it at in the future nor remember why the other chain went but for a passing comment when buying popcorn.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Are they actually closing or are they thinking of closing them ?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Are they actually closing or are they thinking of closing them ?"

'Considering Closing this coming week'. Whether it's permanent or not . . . But

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

" Joe and Josephine Public really won't care what chain they see it at in the future nor remember why the other chain went but for a passing comment when buying popcorn. "

I disagree.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

" Joe and Josephine Public really won't care what chain they see it at in the future nor remember why the other chain went but for a passing comment when buying popcorn.

I disagree."

Lol. You would. On what? MR JO PUBLIC?

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

They have apparently sent the PM a message, saying that remainining open under these, current circumstances is futile

over a year ago

here

" Joe and Josephine Public really won't care what chain they see it at in the future nor remember why the other chain went but for a passing comment when buying popcorn.

I disagree.

Lol. You would. On what? MR JO PUBLIC?"

Well I agree with you on most things, however on this occasion I think jo public are much more selective with where they have their cinema experience.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Is the rising infections going to put people off the cinema anyway regardless of the release of bond... maybe they would be better off raising the price of the dvd and releasing it instead of hoping cinema visitor numbers will rise next year?

over a year ago

well with netflicks etc i think most cinimas have been struggling for a while, can remember the last time i went to one anyway, plus they cost way to much, think the writing has been on the wall for a while, our local one is over a tenner per person, add popcorn and a , its an expensive trip out.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

I disagree.

Well I agree with you on most things, however on this occasion I think jo public are much more selective with where they have their cinema experience.

"

But if CINEWORLD is gone - what's to remember? huh huh huh?

'Remember those big bags that CINEWORLD used to have - yea but odeon have Revels'

Nah. Just a footnote in the cinema annuls of 'what used to be'.

lol

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

I'm a girl (not sure if you noticed that) but I remember that my Elder Brother had a Johnny 7. Not because he had one per-se but because he hit me with it - so I put it under my Mme's Rear car wheel.

And I remember it fondly to this day. lol. But I can't remember our local cinema chain in Lyon.

over a year ago

here

I disagree.

'Remember those big bags that CINEWORLD used to have - yea but odeon have Revels'

lol"

I stopped going to cineworld when Odeon luxe opened . Far better, more comfortable, cleaner and no more expensive .

The local cineworld has been declining for some time and the odeon always busy ...

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

I disagree.

lol

I stopped going to cineworld when Odeon luxe opened . Far better, more comfortable, cleaner and no more expensive .

The local cineworld has been declining for some time and the odeon always busy ...

"

Ours is the other ways around - The CINEWORLD is brand new and the Odeon is OLD. Just on the cusp of a refit this year.

By *iguy for fun OP   Man
over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

so question then would be "why delay cinema launch?" go on stream

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"so question then would be "why delay cinema launch?" go on stream"

I love the Cinema - but I love my big tv too.

By *all-Eddies QosCouple
over a year ago

wirral

My local Cineworld is much more expensive than the Vue that's fairly close to home.

I'd rather drive a extra couple of miles than spend around £20 extra to essentially get the same service

I'm not the only one either

over a year ago

Finances win

Investment Into movies comes from a lot of sources.

Pension fund investment for example.

So. Would you be happy to lose or reduce your pension to support the free streaming and reduced income back to those pensions finds.

I think not.

By *on_LaraCouple
over a year ago

london

"so the bond film release has been delayed because lack or cinema goers - fair enough. but cineworld has now called it a day so less cinemas available to watch bond - hmm so have the bond producers/distributers (and other films) cut their options and so actually effed up and screwed their finances?

possibly yes,

producers should consider the World situation right now and take a loss by distributing the film now for free

its all about profit, they have no concern about trying to help or provide a few hours entertainment without making a large amount of cash

"

Um, you expect Eon to spend £200m+ on a film and distribute it ‘now’, for free because the public needs a pick-me-up?

All studios have moved back their big releases to next year. Cinema chains will go dark until then as the rise of PVOD is challenging the conventions in that market anyway. AMC in the US (owner of Odeon) have already cut a deal with the studios to take a revenue split from the theatre release.

The pandemic has been catastrophic to many markets but don’t think it’s James Bonds fault

over a year ago

"so the bond film release has been delayed because lack or cinema goers - fair enough. but cineworld has now called it a day so less cinemas available to watch bond - hmm so have the bond producers/distributers (and other films) cut their options and so actually effed up and screwed their finances?"

Hope so, I hate Bond films

By *ama Raised a RebelWoman
over a year ago

Walsall

Its called covid 19 not covid 007 its yet another case of people playing the blame game.

over a year ago

Cineworld are considoring closing for a while because it's not viable to stay open at the moment, making the staff redundant, then hopefully opening again in the future and taking the staff back. How true that is i don't know but that's what i read. The lack of films being released is making it impossible for them to stay open.

I have been cineworld recently, during the past few months, it was great, masks, social distancing etc made it safe.

I love going to the cinema, i usually go the a cineworld near to home, its much cheaper than vue and showcase and the picture and sound are great.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

FFS most cinemas can't or won't even make people behave normally, people talking continuously through films,feet up on seats,acting like moron's.

So really wouldn't trust them to make sure people are adhering to protocol.

Can't really blame people for not wanting to go to the cinema.

Last time I went there was a group of around 8 people acting like it was their own personal cinema.

I think I will stay in the safety and comfort of my own home thanks.

over a year ago

"so the bond film release has been delayed because lack or cinema goers - fair enough. but cineworld has now called it a day so less cinemas available to watch bond - hmm so have the bond producers/distributers (and other films) cut their options and so actually effed up and screwed their finances?

possibly yes,

"

i dont think you understand how the film industry works

movies are made at a huge up front loss all being backed by investors ... you only get your money back if the film makes money let alone a profit (obviously bond is expected to be popular so people are happy to put in more up front but they still expect their money back plus a return)

producers cant just decide to distribute some one elses investment for free and even if they could i think the idea that buying themselves good will for the future that will at some point become financial benefit is also total bollocks (i think you are confusing the idea of a film franchise with a producer and thinking of it like the reputation of a company) ... bond is a franchise but each one can have a different director and producer ... only a total film buff even pays attention to who is producing movies (directors maybe a little more) let alone goes to see them for that reason so there isn’t really mass brand loyalty in the way that you suggest a freebie to cheer people up now might bring in future business

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"FFS most cinemas can't or won't even make people behave normally, people talking continuously through films,feet up on seats,acting like moron's.

So really wouldn't trust them to make sure people are adhering to protocol.

Can't really blame people for not wanting to go to the cinema.

Last time I went there was a group of around 8 people acting like it was their own personal cinema.

I think I will stay in the safety and comfort of my own home thanks."

So, an outmoded business model that's been struggling ng for a year, can blame the virus and look for a bail out from the nasty govt... Not the first nor last business to take advantage of some free govt money to prop up a non profitable business

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

possibly yes,

"

They only made the film for profit you know that is the way of the world

over a year ago

"So, an outmoded business model that's been struggling ng for a year, can blame the virus and look for a bail out from the nasty govt... Not the first nor last business to take advantage of some free govt money to prop up a non profitable business "

This is pretty much the case.

over a year ago

I don't think the producers effed up, I think they looked at the release of Tenet and saw that the general public still don't think it's safe to go to the cinema. They probably also looked at Disney's release of Mulan onto a paid rental through Disney+ and saw that was financially viable either which is why Black Widow has been pushed back aswell.

Post new Message to Thread