Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Turkey (flight arrival's)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

From 04:00hrs Saturday 3rd Oct

people on any flight flying in from Turkey and landing at a Scottish airport must fully isolate for 14 days

A friend flew in late Friday night before the 04:00am deadline and he and his family are addiment they are not going to isolate.

Both Husband and wife are going to their place of work Monday Morning

both young kids going to grandparents

are they doing right or wrong?

should they fully isolate incase someone was infected on flight?

or do they ignore and say "it wont happen to us"

whats your views and comments folks?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Legally they don't have to isolate as they were back within the guideline time. People can be infected coming from any country or get infected in this country. I wouldn't be sending the children to the grandparents though.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"From 04:00hrs Saturday 3rd Oct

people on any flight flying in from Turkey and landing at a Scottish airport must fully isolate for 14 days

A friend flew in late Friday night before the 04:00am deadline and he and his family are addiment they are not going to isolate.

"

If they made it back before the deadline, then they are under no legal obligation to isolate. It also means they don't qualify for financial assistance. There has to be a time based cut off somewhere and you will never get everyone. The certainly should take all the precautions they can though to minimise contact with other people for a couple of weeks.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Everyone flying into the country should be made to isolate.

Can't believe how lapsy daisy British airports are.

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"Everyone flying into the country should be made to isolate.

Can't believe how lapsy daisy British airports are."

With this logic everyone going out of his house should be made to isolate on return.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

They are obeying the guidelines it’s not a problem.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Our rate of infection is very high here, some countries are much lower than ours, I'm surprised some countries let us in to be honest

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

They flew in before the deadline. There's nothing more to be said really. Even if they disembarked at 03:59 they still wouldn't need to isolate.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Our rate of infection is very high here, some countries are much lower than ours, I'm surprised some countries let us in to be honest "

Same. I guess it's because a lot of countries value our economic contribution.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

They got back before the deadline so don't need to. However if it was me I wouldn't send my kids to their grandparents.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Our rate of infection is very high here, some countries are much lower than ours, I'm surprised some countries let us in to be honest

Same. I guess it's because a lot of countries value our economic contribution."

Yes, no doubt

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The thing is whatever deadline is put in place there will always be people arriving just before it. I don't its useful or helpful to start suggesting that people who are sticking to guidelines shouldn't be doing things they're actually allowed to do.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

With this logic everyone going out of his house should be made to isolate on return. "

Not the same. I can leave the house and not be within 2 metres of anyone. Going through an airport with hundreds of other people and being sat in close contact with others on an aeroplane is very very different.

over a year ago

I don't understand why you would post this on a swinging site to ask strangers to cast judgment.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I don't understand why you would post this on a swinging site to ask strangers to cast judgment.

"

It's posted in the virus section, asking an opinion

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

With this logic everyone going out of his house should be made to isolate on return.

Not the same. I can leave the house and not be within 2 metres of anyone. Going through an airport with hundreds of other people and being sat in close contact with others on an aeroplane is very very different. "

Valid point, but lots of people are leaving the house to go on a public transport, places of work where simply social distancing couldn't work, pub etc etc

over a year ago

"I don't understand why you would post this on a swinging site to ask strangers to cast judgment.

It's posted in the virus section, asking an opinion "

I get that but why. These people are apparently his friends

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Because people come in here to talk about what they want

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

Legally no. They don't have to, if we're jumping on the follow the rules theme that so many aren't, in this case they don't have to isolate.

A good point is the UK and definitely specific areas have a much higher rate of infection than many the places the flights are arriving from, but it only takes one on a plane to infect so many others.

Everyone going abroad knows the risks and the changing rules mean potentially you may have to isolate on return.

By *heShyBiCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

My friend went to europe a couple of months ago. Went from croatia, to italy, to Malta. I believe he missed the isolation period for travellers from Croatia to italy by a couple of days, then missed the malta deadline by 4 hours and 5 minutes. He didn't have to quarantine and he didn't kill his granny.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Extortionate fines in place to try to deter because they know they can't police it.

over a year ago

"Extortionate fines in place to try to deter because they know they can't police it. "

If th4y were finding you 50 quid then I would agree it couldn't be policed.

But I think what you call extortionate will make it possible to police...so if you cant take the hit dont do the trip.

By *ussymufferMan
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Simple just stop all holidays and flights and when they are at it close the pubs I past two pubs last night that are normally full on a Saturday night and there was about 12 people between both pubs at 9.30

over a year ago

"Simple just stop all holidays and flights and when they are at it close the pubs I past two pubs last night that are normally full on a Saturday night and there was about 12 people between both pubs at 9.30 "

I would tend to agree....but if they closed them they would have to pay them

By *tm1Man
over a year ago

great oakley

By *tm1Man
over a year ago

great oakley

[Removed by poster at 04/10/20 11:10:48]

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Far far away

"Simple just stop all holidays and flights and when they are at it close the pubs I past two pubs last night that are normally full on a Saturday night and there was about 12 people between both pubs at 9.30

I would tend to agree....but if they closed them they would have to pay them "

Why?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

"Extortionate fines in place to try to deter because they know they can't police it. "

Then that was a good idea then wasn't it.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Would it have been a better idea would be to issue a mandatory covid test to all arrivals and factor the cost into their air ticket or make it a condition of entry?

over a year ago

"Simple just stop all holidays and flights and when they are at it close the pubs I past two pubs last night that are normally full on a Saturday night and there was about 12 people between both pubs at 9.30

Why?"

Which part are you asking why to?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I get that but why. These people are apparently his friends "

Well I don't think he's said anything unkind, it's just a talking point

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"My friend went to europe a couple of months ago. Went from croatia, to italy, to Malta. I believe he missed the isolation period for travellers from Croatia to italy by a couple of days, then missed the malta deadline by 4 hours and 5 minutes. He didn't have to quarantine and he didn't kill his granny."

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"From 04:00hrs Saturday 3rd Oct

"

Just because they went on Holiday doesn't mean that they have caught the Virus - Just because they are coming home hours before a deadline doesn't mean that they have caught the Virus.

If they haven't caught it in - those scenarios - then chances are that they have been careful while away and don't have it now.

And like you say already - before the 4am cutoff they don't legally have to do anything.

The Law really can't run on what ifs. Otherwise you would be screaming foul play if you were prosecuted for traveling within a legal speed limit.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

My grandson, is studying at home at the moment, but he has friends in several different unis, who have Covid and have been fined, for not social distancing , outside of uni and not wearing masks when needed, so they are enforcing it in some places. This was Leicester, Nottingham and Leeds.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Far far away

Why?

Which part are you asking why to?"

Pay them

over a year ago

Why?

Which part are you asking why to?

Pay them"

Through unemployment benefits..if they stay open they still have a job...be it they are putting off the inevitable..

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

They don't have to isolate any more than people flying in from a safe corridor who had been surrounded by infected people do.

I'd be monitoring my health and potentially get tested at the first signs of any symptoms. I don't know how much safer it is in Turkey than the UK but assume it is perhaps.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"Extortionate fines in place to try to deter because they know they can't police it.

But I think what you call extortionate will make it possible to police...so if you cant take the hit dont do the trip.

"

Many more people who refuse to isolate aren’t being caught than adhere. The government know they can’t stop the majority, so by making it a big one they’re hoping it’s policing itself by deterring.

I know several families recently returned who are taking their chances.

over a year ago

"Extortionate fines in place to try to deter because they know they can't police it.

Many more people who refuse to isolate aren’t being caught than adhere. The government know they can’t stop the majority, so by making it a big one they’re hoping it’s policing itself by deterring.

I know several families recently returned who are taking their chances. "

Tbh I hope they get caught if that's the case....they took the holiday knowing there was every chance of isolation measures could be brought in.

I know someone will point out that they might have booked it before the pandemic...but that's just bad luck.

We have the rules to protect the many.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I know several families recently returned who are taking their chances.

Tbh I hope they get caught if that's the case....they took the holiday knowing there was every chance of isolation measures could be brought in.

I know someone will point out that they might have booked it before the pandemic...but that's just bad luck.

We have the rules to protect the many."

over a year ago

With this logic everyone going out of his house should be made to isolate on return. "

ive just been abroad and have 2 days left of isolation ... i am no more ill or infectious from going abroad than i could have been if i went to tesco

i understand the reason for quarantine where the rates are higher than the uk so you are increasing your risk (where i was was actually much lower) and i obeyed the rules to the letter because its the responsible thing to do

however the reality is unless we can eradicate the virus from our own country and then start isolating everyone entering (like they have done in perth) there really isnt a huge benefit to isolating everyone and the have closed the gate long after the horse has bolted

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

ive just been abroad and have 2 days left of isolation ... i am no more ill or infectious from going abroad than i could have been if i went to tesco

i understand the reason for quarantine where the rates are higher than the uk so you are increasing your risk (where i was was actually much lower) and i obeyed the rules to the letter because its the responsible thing to do

however the reality is unless we can eradicate the virus from our own country and then start isolating everyone entering (like they have done in perth) there really isnt a huge benefit to isolating everyone and the have closed the gate long after the horse has bolted "

We are flying back tonight and have to isolate. In the whole time away ( including going through the airport and on the plane) we've actually interacted with less people than we'd normally do back in UK. Still believe the Swedish and few others more relaxed aproach is far better in a long run, then all the half measures most of the world has implemented.

over a year ago

however the reality is unless we can eradicate the virus from our own country and then start isolating everyone entering (like they have done in perth) there really isnt a huge benefit to isolating everyone and the have closed the gate long after the horse has bolted We are flying back tonight and have to isolate. In the whole time away ( including going through the airport and on the plane) we've actually interacted with less people than we'd normally do back in UK. Still believe the Swedish and few others more relaxed aproach is far better in a long run, then all the half measures most of the world has implemented.

"

its a great excuse to spend a couple of lazy weekends extending the holiday vibe and to decline any social events you didn’t want to go to anyway “oh sorry i can’t ... quarantine “

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

however the reality is unless we can eradicate the virus from our own country and then start isolating everyone entering (like they have done in perth) there really isnt a huge benefit to isolating everyone and the have closed the gate long after the horse has bolted We are flying back tonight and have to isolate. In the whole time away ( including going through the airport and on the plane) we've actually interacted with less people than we'd normally do back in UK. Still believe the Swedish and few others more relaxed aproach is far better in a long run, then all the half measures most of the world has implemented.

its a great excuse to spend a couple of lazy weekends extending the holiday vibe and to decline any social events you didn’t want to go to anyway “oh sorry i can’t ... quarantine “ "

No mother in law for two weeks, life is good

over a year ago

Well I don't think he's said anything unkind, it's just a talking point "

I posted here because this part of the forum is for Covid-19 related issues and conversation

The way I see it is that the covid-19 is active 24/7, it does not start contaminating flights at 04:00hrs onwards

If you are flying home you may be bringing the virus with you without knowing or indeed you may have picked it up in-flight which is even worse as you will probably not have symptoms for 3 or 4 days or possibly longer

During that time, you have met up with family, and also been back to work, working with work colleagues

If it was myself, I would isolate or at least request testing before returning to work or coming into contact with others,

I guess we are all different and have different views on what we should and should not do.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I posted here because this part of the forum is for Covid-19 related issues and conversation

The way I see it is that the covid-19 is active 24/7, it does not start contaminating flights at 04:00hrs onwards

If you are flying home you may be bringing the virus with you without knowing or indeed you may have picked it up in-flight which is even worse as you will probably not have symptoms for 3 or 4 days or possibly longer

During that time, you have met up with family, and also been back to work, working with work colleagues

If it was myself, I would isolate or at least request testing before returning to work or coming into contact with others,

I guess we are all different and have different views on what we should and should not do.

"

I have no intention of travelling but, like you, I would isolate and get a test if possible

over a year ago

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

But similarly - you could have just caught Covid from a Banana in Tesco or a fuel pump at Esso or a person who just coughed and you walked through the mist or the air-con in Marks and Spencer or any number of billion other places - just because someone has been on holiday makes them no more or no less a risk of having caught it than you right now this minute if you are in any public space. The virus can live on hard surfaces for up to 72 hours. Who went past your car and touched anything you might touch 50 hours later or any other hard surface.

Go home and Isolate right now !!!

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

There needs to be a cut off or you would be saying well what about the people the day before and the day before that.

Tests aren’t accurate anyway, I know someone who had 4 negative tests and was that poorly they were taken to hospital and there it showed up in her bloods but not by a swab so how many think they are clear when they are not?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"There needs to be a cut off or you would be saying well what about the people the day before and the day before that.

Tests aren’t accurate anyway, I know someone who had 4 negative tests and was that poorly they were taken to hospital and there it showed up in her bloods but not by a swab so how many think they are clear when they are not?"

Hmmm...that's worrying...

over a year ago

But similarly - you could have just caught Covid from a Banana in Tesco or a fuel pump at Esso or a person who just coughed and you walked through the mist or the air-con in Marks and Spencer or any number of billion other places - just because someone has been on holiday makes them no more or no less a risk of having caught it than you right now this minute if you are in any public space. The virus can live on hard surfaces for up to 72 hours. Who went past your car and touched anything you might touch 50 hours later or any other hard surface.

Go home and Isolate right now !!!"

in tesco you wear gloves & mask, and also clean hands on leaving, duration - 20 mins max

Fuel stations provide gloves, you also have your own gloves, well perhaps "you dont" but most do, and you clean hands after, duration 2 - 3 mins

a person coughing, ehhh social distancing, they would not get that close anyway + masks

M&S again you wear masks & social distance with a minimum time spent in shop

you say there is the same risk being in an open public space as there is on a packed aircraft with a 5 hour flight, then good luck to you

if so many believe that then no wonder the UK is in such a bad place right now

so many people have such a lack of understanding of this virus or they simply fail to believe.

good luck.

over a year ago

Go home and Isolate right now !!!

in tesco you wear gloves & mask, and also clean hands on leaving, duration - 20 mins max

Fuel stations provide gloves, you also have your own gloves, well perhaps "you dont" but most do, and you clean hands after, duration 2 - 3 mins

a person coughing, ehhh social distancing, they would not get that close anyway + masks

M&S again you wear masks & social distance with a minimum time spent in shop

you say there is the same risk being in an open public space as there is on a packed aircraft with a 5 hour flight, then good luck to you

if so many believe that then no wonder the UK is in such a bad place right now

so many people have such a lack of understanding of this virus or they simply fail to believe.

good luck."

when i go to the supermarket around only half the people are wearing masks, i have no idea how many of them used the hand sanitiser but we are all handling items on shelves and the cashier handles every item which we then touch again as we pack the shopping, i never see people wearing gloves in supermarkets but since they don’t help anyway that doesn’t bother me (they touch everything your skin would touch just the same)

on my recent flight there was a grand total of 21 people ... we had a few rows each so were well spaced out

masks must be worn from the minute you get inside one airport , all through the flight, til you leave the arriving airport (actually in tenerife i had to keep it on til inside my apartment as you wear them in the streets there too)

the airports are practically empty

the air hosts only bring the trolley down once and collect rubbish once to avoid too much interaction, all payments are made by contactless card

you must ring the call bell to be allowed to use the bathroom so there is no queueing in the aisles and you aren't allowed to wander about the plane to stretch your legs like you normally would

if you think a flight is of any higher risk than a trip to wetherspoons then i think you are incorrectly basing it on your flight experience pre covid and maybe you shouldn’t judge on what you clearly have no idea about

over a year ago

"

this is a waste of test and part of the reason we don't have enough spare testing capacity for people who need it ... people who have expanded the guidelines for their own paranoia and convinced themselves its their moral obligation to ensure they are negative just because

just wash your hands, wear a mask, keep a distance like everyone else has been told to

Post new Message to Thread