over a year ago

Cos 90% of those contacted ignore it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

"Cos 90% of those contacted ignore it.

"

Completely agree,I know of several that have not isolated and it's taken work to tell them to go home, only for them to still go about other business.

If it's really going to be tackled people have to isolate and it has to be checked and huge funds for those that dont,it's the only way.

By *uadzillaMan
over a year ago

Warwickshire

Completely agree,I know of several that have not isolated and it's taken work to tell them to go home, only for them to still go about other business.

If it's really going to be tackled people have to isolate and it has to be checked and huge funds for those that dont,it's the only way."

These people need to suffer or see others suffer with illness or god forbid worse as all they are being asked to do is sit in their homes get paid and do nothing for 14 days, no one is asking them to leave their homes, town, country, family, loved ones and go to a foreign country to fight in a war where you were lucky if you survived, these people literally believe they are giving up so much and suffering when they are not. Self entitled with zero morals.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Trace and contact is nessesarry to fight this virus. It isn't this system that is at fault, it is the public to blame. In certain countries it works very well because their residents have respect. In Britain it does not work because the general population show a distinct lack of respect for themselves and others

By *rouble1998Woman
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I do be inclined to agree, I tested positive today and no one has been in touch with me

loads of people I know have had error notifications from the app telling them they’ve been in contact when that’s not the case

over a year ago

The app would not work for me...infact it could work against me.

I'm never in another person company for 15 minuts...which is how this app works.

It also is bluetooth which would reach through me next door neighbour's wall...we hardly ever meet ...but the app would pick her up as a contact...and everyone she has been in contact with.

Nope it would be a hindrance to me.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"The app would not work for me...infact it could work against me.

I'm never in another person company for 15 minuts...which is how this app works.

It also is bluetooth which would reach through me next door neighbour's wall...we hardly ever meet ...but the app would pick her up as a contact...and everyone she has been in contact with.

."

I understand re the Bluetooth whilst in your home, I have the scanner turned off at the minute I get home. It only goes back on when I leave again

over a year ago

I understand re the Bluetooth whilst in your home, I have the scanner turned off at the minute I get home. It only goes back on when I leave again "

But it only works if you've been in close contact with someone for 15 minutes...believe me it doesn't happen

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I understand re the Bluetooth whilst in your home, I have the scanner turned off at the minute I get home. It only goes back on when I leave again

But it only works if you've been in close contact with someone for 15 minutes...believe me it doesn't happen"

It’s unlikely here to that I’ll be in anyone vicinity for 15 minutes or more, but I still put it on when leave home

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"

Very true we British are bringing about are own problems,we should follow the Italian example they are obeying rules and keeping infections low.

British arrogance and bolshie attitude has won many wars but is losing the war against covid.

The Italians who give in are winning this one,maybe time to change are attitude in general

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The system is very poor, contacting fewer than they should and too late. The concept is right, as is testing, it's our deployments of them, the citizens and lack of their pay that should be changed

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"

You know what they say, " you can't fix stupid"

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

The app will only be useful if everyone uses it, and isolates if they need to, but that isn't going to happen.

over a year ago

Until anyone required to isolate for 14 days is looked after financially properly for that period (close to half a month's pay!) by the government then it won't work.

To many people are forced into a choice between having food on the table, the gas and electric staying switched on (especially coming into winter) and keeping up with rent/mortgage payments to ensure the roof over their head.

KJ

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"

Until anyone required to isolate for 14 days is looked after financially properly for that period (close to half a month's pay!) by the government then it won't work.

To many people are forced into a choice between having food on the table, the gas and electric staying switched on (especially coming into winter) and keeping up with rent/mortgage payments to ensure the roof over their head.

KJ"

By *ary Mary not so hairyWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

A lot of people don't want to be tracked and traced if they don't know about it they think they don't have to isolate.

over a year ago

if i dont work, i dont earn, ive not had the virus, but if i had to isolate it would impact me hugely, like not being able to pay the bills, anyway, im not sure isolating is the answer tbh, but not sure what is

By *nertsmateMan
over a year ago

Between Trumpton and Camberwick Green

A lot of people don't want to be tracked and traced by a government that they don't trust.

By *ensual massagerMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Trace and contact is nessesarry to fight this virus. It isn't this system that is at fault, it is the public to blame. In certain countries it works very well because their residents have respect. In Britain it does not work because the general population show a distinct lack of respect for themselves and others"

Unlike the MP?

By *llabouttheladyMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Government have admitted the test is 70% accurate

So 3/10 who have symptoms and test negative are actually positive.

Track & trace for many means 2 weeks off work unpaid for being in the vacinity if someone they don’t know in a pub who turns out to have Covid.

Regardless of if you’ve never left your table, the phone is gonna ring.

They can kiss my arse if they think I’m standing 2 weeks pay for having a pint carefully whilst being 1m plus away from strangers.

By *ike4362ukMan
over a year ago

Cheshunt

."

Doesn't work like that thankfully. It measures the intensity of the Bluetooth signal, which is why early versions had problems detecting each other if one or both phones were in pockets. Through a wall it would have barely enough signal. My Bluetooth headset loses signal if I pop into the kitchen, and thatvis just through an internal wall.

over a year ago

"

Precisely ! Its human nature to be similar to a Typhoid Mary...that's why it doesn't work.

By *llabouttheladyMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

And if they fine me, I’ll not pay it, I’ll see em in the magistrates court first before I hand over the cash.

By the time I’ll get stood before them, I’d be able to prove it was a load of cock as I’d not developed any symptoms or required a test

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Government have admitted the test is 70% accurate

So 3/10 who have symptoms and test negative are actually positive.

Track & trace for many means 2 weeks off work unpaid for being in the vacinity if someone they don’t know in a pub who turns out to have Covid.

Regardless of if you’ve never left your table, the phone is gonna ring.

They can kiss my arse if they think I’m standing 2 weeks pay for having a pint carefully whilst being 1m plus away from strangers."

That's why I don't go to a pub that way I can't get close to some one how might have it

over a year ago

Track & trace is never going to work

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

Here's the thing. It works elsewhere, it's not a silver bullet but just another tool that can stop the spread.

By *ing_Wookie_RodeoMan
over a year ago

stockport wasteland

All these narrow minded excuses i see from you people are the reason the countries infections are going up

By *llabouttheladyMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

You can’t get close to someone you don’t know - it’s 1m plus, side to side, back to side, socially distanced with masks on unless you are sat down.

Can it get any more sterile anyway?

over a year ago

What else can we do if no track and trace

By *ab_SparklesWoman
over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

There was a article online showing a couple with the app sat next together and two different readings. I would say it's pretty useless

over a year ago

The problem isn't the system, it's getting people to provide their details.

I work in a betting shop and we have to do Track and Trace. The amount of arguments I've had with customers because they refuse to give their details or use the app because the government is spying on them is beyond belief.

Tin foil hat bridgade out in full force

By *llabouttheladyMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

No

It’s very simple, if I know I’ve been in contact with someone with Covid, then I’ll isolate. If I get symptoms, then I’ll isolate.

But given I have had it earlier in the year, and have antibodies, until either of those scenarios happen, t&t won’t be finding me

Post new Message to Thread