Back to forum list
Back to Virus

young people causing 2nd wave?

Jump to newest

By *rouble1998 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

hi ladies and gents,

guess what! I tested positive for COVID today, I know what you’re thinking...

‘oh she’s young, she must have been breaking the rules and going to illegal raves’

well believe it of not, that’s not the case! I most likely caught it from work as i’ve only been with my family and at working. In terms of symptoms I have a tingly feeling in my nose and loss of smell but that’s it, I dont feel particularly unwell.

It feels very unfair that some people and the media are blaming young people for the rise in cases, we have been told by the government to return to work/ university/ school and then we’re slated for doing as were told?

Hope you’re all staying safe and please get tested even if you don’t have the ‘typical’ COVID symptoms, I thought it was just a cold but obviously it’s not

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"hi ladies and gents,

‘oh she’s young, she must have been breaking the rules and going to illegal raves’

well believe it of not, that’s not the case! I most likely caught it from work as i’ve only been with my family and at working. In terms of symptoms I have a tingly feeling in my nose and loss of smell but that’s it, I dont feel particularly unwell.

It feels very unfair that some people and the media are blaming young people for the rise in cases, we have been told by the government to return to work/ university/ school and then we’re slated for doing as were told?

Hope you’re all staying safe and please get tested even if you don’t have the ‘typical’ COVID symptoms, I thought it was just a cold but obviously it’s not "

Hope it is not to serious with you

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hope you recover well.

It is a fact that over 60% of all current cases are in those under 35 so whilst you may have been sticking to rules its clear many under 35's haven't.

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

It is a fact that over 60% of all current cases are in those under 35 so whilst you may have been sticking to rules its clear many under 35's haven't. "

Or maybe a lot of the frontline minimum wage earners are the younger members of the population and like the op are getting the infection at work.

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

It is a fact that over 60% of all current cases are in those under 35 so whilst you may have been sticking to rules its clear many under 35's haven't.

Or maybe a lot of the frontline minimum wage earners are the younger members of the population and like the op are getting the infection at work."

Doesn't seem to be the case though.

According the an news report this week there hasn't been many linked to this.

Don't forget there is track and trace so the majority of all cases in the under 35's are in social settings according to information given to them by those who have tested positive.

It is the fact that people do not socially distance that is the issue.

over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Hope you recover well.

It is a fact that over 60% of all current cases are in those under 35 so whilst you may have been sticking to rules its clear many under 35's haven't. "

thank you for the well wishes

I’d have to disagree in regards to young people not following the rules thought, the vast majority of people I know have been pretty sensible about it. I think the rise in cases will be due to the fact that tens of thousands of university student have moved all around the country into new ‘households’ within the space of a week or two. Thats no fault of their own though, they’re simply trying to get an education

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Hope you recover well.

Or maybe a lot of the frontline minimum wage earners are the younger members of the population and like the op are getting the infection at work."

A lot of young people work for the NHS too

Still there are people out there too scapegoat.

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

Or maybe a lot of the frontline minimum wage earners are the younger members of the population and like the op are getting the infection at work.

Doesn't seem to be the case though.

According the an news report this week there hasn't been many linked to this.

Don't forget there is track and trace so the majority of all cases in the under 35's are in social settings according to information given to them by those who have tested positive.

It is the fact that people do not socially distance that is the issue. "

Oh if it’s in the news I’ll withdraw my comment.

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

I’d have to disagree in regards to young people not following the rules thought, the vast majority of people I know have been pretty sensible about it. I think the rise in cases will be due to the fact that tens of thousands of university student have moved all around the country into new ‘households’ within the space of a week or two. Thats no fault of their own though, they’re simply trying to get an education "

I'm sorry but iv seen with my own eyes.

Large groups of young people on the tube with no mask and no social distancing.

Where we live 2 days ago 26 young people having a picnic on the green where we live until police came and broke them up.

Young people 6 weeks ago hugging and kissing with no masks on getting exam results.

over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"

"

one of my points exactly! some of my best friends are newly qualified nurses at only 21!

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

Still there are people out there too scapegoat."

Yes they do but look up the track and trace results.

The majority of all new new cases in the under 35's are linked to social gatherings.

over a year ago

"

one of my points exactly! some of my best friends are newly qualified nurses at only 21! "

So why isn't there a spike in over 40's as 60% of all NHS staff fall into this category.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Hope you recover well.

The majority of all new new cases in the under 35's are linked to social gatherings. "

Probably something to do with 1000s of them going back to university.

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

The majority of all new new cases in the under 35's are linked to social gatherings.

Probably something to do with 1000s of them going back to university."

And not sticking to the rules.

Its as simple as that.

Children have returned to school and college and we haven't seen a spike in cases there.

Why? Because the rules in schools and colleges are being enforced.

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

Probably something to do with 1000s of them going back to university."

Those bloody youngsters.... daring to have an education

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

Those bloody youngsters.... daring to have an education "

No daring to not stick to the rules.

over a year ago

"

one of my points exactly! some of my best friends are newly qualified nurses at only 21!

So why isn't there a spike in over 40's as 60% of all NHS staff fall into this category. "

"NHS staff" covers a broad range of job roles in a large range of different settings etc

Do you have a breakdown of age ranges in comparison to job roles rather than just "NHS staff"?

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

Those bloody youngsters.... daring to have an education

No daring to not stick to the rules."

Do you have proof?

over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"

So why isn't there a spike in over 40's as 60% of all NHS staff fall into this category. "

I ‘m not saying there’s a spike because NHS workers are being infected. All i’m saying is try not to be so judgemental of young people when they’re following the rule and getting infected in situations out of their control. For example, newly qualified doctors and nurses, the majority of whom are under 30, who have just began their new jobs. Or university students who have moved city to get an education, again, not their fault

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Hope you recover well.

Its as simple as that.

Children have returned to school and college and we haven't seen a spike in cases there.

Why? Because the rules in schools and colleges are being enforced."

True..schools have seen a mere 40% rise in the last 7 days.

over a year ago

"

So why isn't there a spike in over 40's as 60% of all NHS staff fall into this category.

"NHS staff" covers a broad range of job roles in a large range of different settings etc

Do you have a breakdown of age ranges in comparison to job roles rather than just "NHS staff"? "

Find out yourself its called the NHS website.

The number of HNS staff that have tested positive in the last 4 weeks makes up less then 30% of all new cases regardless of age.

So it actually doesn't matter, anyone that says most young people are sticking to the rules are deluded. Iv got eyes i can see for myself.

over a year ago

It is this government laying the blame game on anyone and anything to deflect from their incompetence.

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

Its as simple as that.

True..schools have seen a mere 40% rise in the last 7 days."

No they haven't.

I work in education.

In the local authority i work in we have had 86 cases in 3 weeks.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Do you have a breakdown of age ranges in comparison to job roles rather than just "NHS staff"?

The number of HNS staff that have tested positive in the last 4 weeks makes up less then 30% of all new cases regardless of age.

So it actually doesn't matter, anyone that says most young people are sticking to the rules are deluded. Iv got eyes i can see for myself. "

Maybe NHS staff have (finally)got ppe?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Hope you recover well.

Its as simple as that.

No they haven't.

I work in education.

In the local authority i work in we have had 86 cases in 3 weeks. "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/schools/1620826/coronavirus-cases-in-school-age-children-increase-by-more-than-40-in-past-week/amp/

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/02/covid-cases-among-secondary-school-aged-children-rise-in-england

Still..those students eh?

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/02/covid-cases-among-secondary-school-aged-children-rise-in-england

Still..those students eh?"

Our schools are being hit quite badly with covid ..

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

Its as simple as that.

No they haven't.

I work in education.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/schools/1620826/coronavirus-cases-in-school-age-children-increase-by-more-than-40-in-past-week/amp/"

Never heard of this "news site" I'd rather get my information from the local authority.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/02/covid-cases-among-secondary-school-aged-children-rise-in-england

Still..those students eh?Our schools are being hit quite badly with covid .."

It was bound too.

Schools and universities go back and people are shocked the figures go up.

Staggering

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Hope you recover well.

Its as simple as that.

No they haven't.

I work in education.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/schools/1620826/coronavirus-cases-in-school-age-children-increase-by-more-than-40-in-past-week/amp/

Never heard of this "news site" I'd rather get my information from the local authority. "

Yep the guardian is prob making it up too.

over a year ago

Still..those students eh?Our schools are being hit quite badly with covid ..

It was bound too.

Staggering "

And who goes to school and university?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

It was bound too.

Staggering

"

You just said schools and colleges weren't affected?

It's quite simple.

If you have a any place if work /study in lockdown..and then you open it up again..Tue amount of transmission will go up.

Its not a phenomenon restricted to young people.

over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"If you have a any place if work /study in lockdown..and then you open it up again..Tue amount of transmission will go up.

Its not a phenomenon restricted to young people. "

preach

over a year ago

It was bound too.

Staggering

It's quite simple.

If you have a any place if work /study in lockdown..and then you open it up again..Tue amount of transmission will go up.

Its not a phenomenon restricted to young people. "

I didn't say that. I said that the numbers of university new cases are higher than schools.

Schools have been back a month and unis 2 weeks at the most.

over a year ago

"If you have a any place if work /study in lockdown..and then you open it up again..Tue amount of transmission will go up.

preach "

But since the start of lockdown with no schools, no hospitality and no unis the rise has in sales have been in those under 35.

over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

preach

But since the start of lockdown with no schools, no hospitality and no unis the rise has in sales have been in those under 35. "

i’m not sure what you’re referring to?

over a year ago

preach

But since the start of lockdown with no schools, no hospitality and no unis the rise has in sales have been in those under 35.

i’m not sure what you’re referring to? "

The fact that even before the schools, uni's ect went back under 35's were the biggest group that were testing positive so that strongly suggests that they were not sticking to social distance rules.

over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"The fact that even before the schools, uni's ect went back under 35's were the biggest group that were testing positive so that strongly suggests that they were not sticking to social distance rules.

"

Do you have any statistics for that? I don't remember that being the case

It’s important to remember that a lot of people 35 and under had to take on the ‘caring’ role during the peak. By that I mean they were doing elderly people’s shopping, caring for vulnerable people or doing essential work that vulnerable people could not do. Therefore their transmission would be higher because they HAD to go out to assist others

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

As mentioned above aswell,a lot of young people do mimimum wage jobs and are probally more at risk from catching it.

over a year ago

"The fact that even before the schools, uni's ect went back under 35's were the biggest group that were testing positive so that strongly suggests that they were not sticking to social distance rules.

Do you have any statistics for that? I don't remember that being the case

It’s important to remember that a lot of people 35 and under had to take on the ‘caring’ role during the peak. By that I mean they were doing elderly people’s shopping, caring for vulnerable people or doing essential work that vulnerable people could not do. Therefore their transmission would be higher because they HAD to go out to assist others "

Yes the BBC website and the office for national statistics.

You can believe what you want but over 35's where doing that too and there wasn't a rise in that group.

over a year ago

"As mentioned above aswell,a lot of young people do mimimum wage jobs and are probally more at risk from catching it."

And show the statistics that thats were they are catching it.

Again look again at the information from track and trace. Its mostly been in social settings.

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

Actually

You've tested for positive antibodies.

The same antibodies that you would have with the flu.

over a year ago

Read today via a link to public health England or what ever it now, that main common cause ( maybe not cases ) was down to education settings, primary and secondary schools then uni's - Now whats the name of the guy(s) that insist kids must be back at school?! We have two close to us schools that have teachers with covid19.....

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Read today via a link to public health England or what ever it now, that main common cause ( maybe not cases ) was down to education settings, primary and secondary schools then uni's - Now whats the name of the guy(s) that insist kids must be back at school?! We have two close to us schools that have teachers with covid19....."

I remember plenty on here blaming teachers and unions

for being wary about going back.

over a year ago

"

So it actually doesn't matter, anyone that says most young people are sticking to the rules are deluded. Iv got eyes i can see for myself. "

Ah so you don't know then

Thanks anyway

over a year ago

Hey you get well soon and take care and don t worry about what others think...alas these days the blame game has become the norm..the media release it and then ride the wave as the masses take it up....concentrate on yourself and let others mind their own xx

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

People will blame who they want to, depending on their own viewpoint and political leanings.

In reality, there are onlybtwo kinds of people out there....

.... Those that do the right thing, obey the rules and use common sense.

and

.....Those that don't give a toss about rules and others, try to bend the rules to suit themselves and are dragging this thing on for longer than is necessary.

By *eeker of truthMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I don't blame young people for a second wave at all.

As far as I'm aware everyone and their mums knew that there was going to be a second wave.

As come the autumn/winter (yes every autumn and winter) the number of people that get sick it vast, and seeing as the symptoms of covid 19 can pretty much cover anything.

Most people will go for tests to see if they have coronavirus which I'm guessing will test positive because they still have not got a test that can isolated covid 19 on its own yet.

So yes ofcourse people this time of year will get sick.

Its not young people nor is it rocket science that it was a given that a second wave was coming.

By *aseMan
over a year ago

Gourock

SCAMDEMIC....

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

"hi ladies and gents,

Hope you’re all staying safe and please get tested even if you don’t have the ‘typical’ COVID symptoms, I thought it was just a cold but obviously it’s not "

It seems it’s the young ones that are going out in gangs round pubs and partying till they can and then carrying the parties in their homes

None wearing masks and no distance whatsoever

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

"

I ‘m not saying there’s a spike because NHS workers are being infected. All i’m saying is try not to be so judgemental of young people when they’re following the rule and getting infected in situations out of their control. For example, newly qualified doctors and nurses, the majority of whom are under 30, who have just began their new jobs. Or university students who have moved city to get an education, again, not their fault "

I’m all for people sticking to the rules whatever age they are as then this will protect each other and hopefully get back to some kind of normality

No more lockdowns

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

People project what they are uncomfortable with and also want a simple answer to complex issues, so make one up. Sure, they're influenced along the way by what's around them, including the media.

Younger people are generally as responsible as older people are. The outliers get the most attention, which is unfair for all sides. Their lives have less of the security that us older gits have, making them more vulnerable. Older people will also be past the stage of having had secure relationships and jobs, on average, so we're advantaged. The scapegoating alienates us and certainly doesn't help, when we could use our brains to think instead.

Hope your recovery goes well Op.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Get well soon OP.

From the scenes I have personally seen it’s very unfair to blame younger people. Complacency seems to be creeping in everywhere.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

Most people will eventually get Covid lockdowns only delay the inevitable

over a year ago

My 18 year old has worked all the way through covid and has had to do lots of overtime as some couldnt or wouldnt work.

Everyone of all ages has broken the rules and I do think its very unfair to blame just one age group.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"My 18 year old has worked all the way through covid and has had to do lots of overtime as some couldnt or wouldnt work.

Everyone of all ages has broken the rules and I do think its very unfair to blame just one age group."

This

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"Most people will eventually get Covid lockdowns only delay the inevitable "

So herd immunity??and again let the older and vunerable die off....

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

"Most people will eventually get Covid lockdowns only delay the inevitable

"

Have we ever been able to stop colds ? also this is causing more deaths with other serious illness not be attend to but of course they like underplay that

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"

We can't get tests anymore unless symptomatic so nobody knows how many NHS staff have it. The antibody tests suggest that most NHS staff who catch it don't realise at the time, therefore don't get tested and then don't count in the figures. I've seen departments with the majority being positive for antibodies.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Hope you recover well.

Its as simple as that.

Why? Because the rules in schools and colleges are being enforced."

Yes we have. Here in Merseyside loads of outbreaks are being linked to schools and many schools have had entire year groups sent home because of it.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Far far away

"

I ‘m not saying there’s a spike because NHS workers are being infected. All i’m saying is try not to be so judgemental of young people when they’re following the rule and getting infected in situations out of their control. For example, newly qualified doctors and nurses, the majority of whom are under 30, who have just began their new jobs. Or university students who have moved city to get an education, again, not their fault "

But it IS there fault if they are not wearing masks and social distancing. As for proof many have been observed not wearing and not distancing. It takes only 1 instance of not following the rules for many to suffer.

The blame cannot be laid at the governments door it is the people who are spreading it, and yes that does include MP's.

over a year ago

"My 18 year old has worked all the way through covid and has had to do lots of overtime as some couldnt or wouldnt work.

Everyone of all ages has broken the rules and I do think its very unfair to blame just one age group.This "

Totally agree with above..it kind of makes me think parallel...the youngsters always being seen as the more dangerous drivers when in my own experience its been as many older as younger drivers and as many men as women...the human race do like to generalise.

By *pices69Couple
over a year ago

Gravesend

The stats don’t lie - unless they are incorrect which the frequently are these days.

But, no blame, we will all get this Virus at some point, it’s not going away and all we can do is try keep transmission low and allow the Nhs not to be overwhelmed, and that’s what will save lives.

I wear a mask, i still keep pretty isolated, my 18 year old is a Covid Tester for Nhs, its just a matter of time and bad luck before we get it. I dont believe any vaccine will be the cure.

Anyone looking to blame an age group.... Calm down, remember when you were that age? Younger age groups are barely affected, so you are putting your safety over the freedoms of that age group. As a 50 year old, good luck to the under 35’s, be as safe as you can, but i will limit my exposure to you as i’m in a slightly more vulnerable age age..

Seems a reasonable way forward to me. Young people didn’t cause this.

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Have we ever been able to stop colds ? also this is causing more deaths with other serious illness not be attend to but of course they like underplay that "

Herd immunity works...if you dont care who dies

Who's they?its like it's a conspiracy theory that "they" are up to something...so what are they up to?

You've said that many other serious illnesses not being attended to...

I had scans/mri done in the middle of the pandemic

My sister finished cancer treatment just recently

With a cold...take a lemsip..

With covid...what do you propose we take

Ohhhhh yes herd immunity...

Just like Sweden did...and that turned out well for them

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It was bound too.

Staggering

It's quite simple.

I didn't say that. I said that the numbers of university new cases are higher than schools.

Schools have been back a month and unis 2 weeks at the most.

"

People tend to go to their local school but people move all over the country for university. Universities starting back was always going to be a higher risk as you're bringing together new people who haven't mixed before from all over the country. They're also forming new households where as school students are likely still living in the same household they were during the summer.

By *pices69Couple
over a year ago

Gravesend

Have we ever been able to stop colds ? also this is causing more deaths with other serious illness not be attend to but of course they like underplay that

Who's they?its like it's a conspiracy theory that "they" are up to something...so what are they up to?

"

Theres mixed results from Sweden. Academics on both sides yet to agree if their approach works or not. Death rates lower than Uk, France & Spain, greater than others.

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Theres mixed results from Sweden. Academics on both sides yet to agree if their approach works or not. Death rates lower than Uk, France & Spain, greater than others. "

So deaths are acceptable....

By *pices69Couple
over a year ago

Gravesend

Theres mixed results from Sweden. Academics on both sides yet to agree if their approach works or not. Death rates lower than Uk, France & Spain, greater than others.

So deaths are acceptable...."

Unavoidable. Best we can do is minimise the impact on nhs so they can cope with whoever is taken through their doors.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Far far away

So deaths are acceptable...."

Inevitable

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Unavoidable. Best we can do is minimise the impact on nhs so they can cope with whoever is taken through their doors. "

lockdown..

By *pices69Couple
over a year ago

Gravesend

Unavoidable. Best we can do is minimise the impact on nhs so they can cope with whoever is taken through their doors.

lockdown.."

No i’m not a lockdown fan. Its just not fair to lockdown fully anyone under 50. If you are over like me, there’s plenty of options for minimising impact.

over a year ago

lockdown..

No i’m not a lockdown fan. Its just not fair to lockdown fully anyone under 50. If you are over like me, there’s plenty of options for minimising impact. "

As there is for those under 50.

over a year ago

lockdown..

No i’m not a lockdown fan. Its just not fair to lockdown fully anyone under 50. If you are over like me, there’s plenty of options for minimising impact.

As there is for those under 50.

"

Oh and also we have never been fully in lockdown in this country.

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

I’d have to disagree in regards to young people not following the rules thought, the vast majority of people I know have been pretty sensible about it. I think the rise in cases will be due to the fact that tens of thousands of university student have moved all around the country into new ‘households’ within the space of a week or two. Thats no fault of their own though, they’re simply trying to get an education "

i don't think it needs to be a blame game to be honest ... neither groups of people or the government

it was widely discussed since march that we were likely to get a second wave in the autumn... and here we are getting higher numbers as expected, deaths are still low, measures are in place to try control it... so what is the need for any blame for something we knew to be scientifically more likely to happen?

what i would say though is the track and trace evidence proves that its social meetups of the under 35 (excluding the rise from the halls at unis) that are where the increase of cases have been mostly tracked back to ... so while you may have been following all the rules and have a responsible group of friends in the same boat ... the data says you cant speak for your entire demographic as its just not true of everyone ... not that i think it means they need to be hung drawn and quartered (or even scapegoated) but no point pretending that the lack of social distance doesn’t exist

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

"Hope you recover well.

Why is it clear younger people have broken rules just because of stats. A majority of these younger folk couldve caught it at work, or helping out their parents who may be vulnerable. I popped for a quick pint a few weeks ago and the pub i went in all the patrons were over 50 and all sat around in big groups chatting, shaking hands, hugging etc, so its NOT just down to younger folk at sll

over a year ago

"I don't blame young people for a second wave at all.

As far as I'm aware everyone and their mums knew that there was going to be a second wave.

As come the autumn/winter (yes every autumn and winter) the number of people that get sick it vast, and seeing as the symptoms of covid 19 can pretty much cover anything.

Most people will go for tests to see if they have coronavirus which I'm guessing will test positive because they still have not got a test that can isolated covid 19 on its own yet.

So yes ofcourse people this time of year will get sick.

Its not young people nor is it rocket science that it was a given that a second wave was coming.

"

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"Hope you recover well.

Why is it clear younger people have broken rules just because of stats. A majority of these younger folk couldve caught it at work, or helping out their parents who may be vulnerable. I popped for a quick pint a few weeks ago and the pub i went in all the patrons were over 50 and all sat around in big groups chatting, shaking hands, hugging etc, so its NOT just down to younger folk at sll"

Same I went to the closing day of a local food pop up and there were some big groups of people of over 50’s just standing rounding drinking and chatting.

We need a plan B because what’s happened so far isn’t working.

over a year ago

Everyone of all ages has broken the rules and I do think its very unfair to blame just one age group.This

Totally agree with above..it kind of makes me think parallel...the youngsters always being seen as the more dangerous drivers when in my own experience its been as many older as younger drivers and as many men as women...the human race do like to generalise."

the statistics for accidents drive how insurance companies calculate premiums _ased on risk ... if young drivers were not more of a risk their premiums would not be higher

over a year ago

Everyone of all ages has broken the rules and I do think its very unfair to blame just one age group.This

Totally agree with above..it kind of makes me think parallel...the youngsters always being seen as the more dangerous drivers when in my own experience its been as many older as younger drivers and as many men as women...the human race do like to generalise.

the statistics for accidents drive how insurance companies calculate premiums _ased on risk ... if young drivers were not more of a risk their premiums would not be higher "

that being said correlation is not causation and it might not be that they are young drivers causing high risk ... probably that they are newer less experienced drivers (by nature of not being allowed to start til you are 17)

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

[Removed by poster at 04/10/20 19:54:17]

over a year ago

"Hope you recover well.

Why is it clear younger people have broken rules just because of stats. A majority of these younger folk couldve caught it at work, or helping out their parents who may be vulnerable. I popped for a quick pint a few weeks ago and the pub i went in all the patrons were over 50 and all sat around in big groups chatting, shaking hands, hugging etc, so its NOT just down to younger folk at sll"

track and trace data means it can be narrowed down where they got it ... some of them might have got it at work but they then took it to social settings where it was spread to the majority

also i dont think anyone is saying anything is entirely down to young people but i cant understand why people want to blindly deny what the data (and very often their own eyes) are telling them

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"hi ladies and gents,

Like most hope you get well soon

Young people where always going to speed it as they would be not likely to be systematic and not know they had it to start with. That is the problem with this pandemic it's not like you even know you have it.

OP how and why did you get tested in the first place

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Far far away

"

Young people where always going to speed it as they would be not likely to be systematic and not know they had it to start with. That is the problem with this pandemic it's not like you even know you have it. "

Not knowing you have it, is exactly the reason people should be following the social distancing and wearing masks!

By *pices69Couple
over a year ago

Gravesend

Seen headlines this am - 4000+ doctors saying that restrictions should only be in place for vulnerable and the elderly (ie.60+)

Have to agree... Think if we can educate the at risk groups on proper precautions rather than this ‘silly wear a mask’ business then they will be safer than they are right now. One size doesn’t fit all.

Post new Message to Thread