Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Going ro take a collapsed nhs b4 real reason covid has to be taken seriously

Jump to newest

By *ncutgem OP   Man
over a year ago

Bath ish

STOP talking about will I die

When you break a leg and there is no NHS space let alone ANY of the reasons the NHS is there for you THEN those who think conid isnt a problem MIGHT just WAKE UP

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"STOP talking about will I die

When you break a leg and there is no NHS space let alone ANY of the reasons the NHS is there for you THEN those who think conid isnt a problem MIGHT just WAKE UP "

Someone got out of bed grumpy this morning..

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Approximately 42,000 people mostly very old and with co-morbidities may have died with (not from Covid 19)

Meanwhile according to SAGE's own figures 75,000 (all age demographics) will die because of the lack of NHS tests and treatments as a result of the stopping of routine NHS work.

Apparently the latter deaths are perfectly acceptable.

over a year ago

"Approximately 42,000 people mostly very old and with co-morbidities may have died with (not from Covid 19)

Meanwhile according to SAGE's own figures 75,000 (all age demographics) will die because of the lack of NHS tests and treatments as a result of the stopping of routine NHS work.

Apparently the latter deaths are perfectly acceptable."

It's bizarre that so many people now seem so obsessed with Covid deaths that they couldn't careless or even want to acknowledge this massive problem. Seems it's safer to be ill with Covid than anything else at the moment, at least people seem interested.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

"Approximately 42,000 people mostly very old and with co-morbidities may have died with (not from Covid 19)

Apparently the latter deaths are perfectly acceptable."

Seems the only treatment you can get is for Covid ,God help us if we get any other illness

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I must be lucky living where I do. My local hospital seems to be coping really well.

I know cancer patients who have not had their treatments curtailed.

I know people who have had biopsies and the usual investigatory procedures to diagnose their problems.

I know people who have had hospital treatment for ongoing heart problems.

What has been affected is the elective procedures which people generally have to wait some time for anyway.

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

When you break a leg and there is no NHS space let alone ANY of the reasons the NHS is there for you THEN those who think conid isnt a problem MIGHT just WAKE UP "

Won’t somebody PLEASE think of the children ?!

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

Without treatment some people Will die due to simple procedures being put off or cancelled.

These are needless deaths, people with a far wider spectrum of ages being affected. In years to come the toll of this will be far greater than covid deaths, but as mentioned this seems acceptable by our government.

Why can't they use the nightingale hospitals to treat covid and keep normal hospitals running freely. People are still getting ill or need treatment due to none covid problems.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Neither should be downplayed in importance. Covid-19 would have had a far higher impact, killing more, as well as leaving more with serious health complications, if lockdown and treatments earlier this year hasn't happened.

Has government done things well? No.

Why has the NHS struggled to cope in treating people with other conditions? Look at what people voted for, as 10 years of austerity and neglect damaged the NHS ability to cope under pressure from general spikes in health demand. It's easy to remember the ambulances queueing with patients, or them waiting in corridors for treatment. People voted for them again a few months ago. They ignored the results from epidemic readiness testing - that's grossly negligent.

We can criticise all day but we do face worse prospects this winter. Other treatments barely restarted but covid-19 infections up. Services have to be led by someone with competence and the right moral outlook

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple
over a year ago

norwich

"I must be lucky living where I do. My local hospital seems to be coping really well.

I know cancer patients who have not had their treatments curtailed.

I know people who have had biopsies and the usual investigatory procedures to diagnose their problems.

I know people who have had hospital treatment for ongoing heart problems.

What has been affected is the elective procedures which people generally have to wait some time for anyway.

"

Same here. Both local hospitals closed thier dedicated covid wards.

Of the 7 icu beds in one only 5 were ever in use and only 2 of these covid.19.

The local private hospital cancled all operations for 6 months and set up as covid unit. They didnt have one patient and have now gone back to buisness as usual.

There seem no concern from the hospitals here that a second wave will be a problem as no covid only units have been reopened

over a year ago

"Without treatment some people Will die due to simple procedures being put off or cancelled.

These are needless deaths, people with a far wider spectrum of ages being affected. In years to come the toll of this will be far greater than covid deaths, but as mentioned this seems acceptable by our government.

Why can't they use the nightingale hospitals to treat covid and keep normal hospitals running freely. People are still getting ill or need treatment due to none covid problems. "

Because they don’t have the staff numbers. I am not sure what you want the NHS to do? Ignore and not treat the COVID patients?

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

How about instead of paying millions of perfectly healthy people to stay at home and do nothing for months, pumped all this recourse into the health sistem so that can cope.

It has become more than obvious that the path most of the world has taken with this bulshit is only leading to mass destruction of lifes.

over a year ago

"How about instead of paying millions of perfectly healthy people to stay at home and do nothing for months, pumped all this recourse into the health sistem so that can cope.

It has become more than obvious that the path most of the world has taken with this bulshit is only leading to mass destruction of lifes.

"

So you disagree with the initial lockdown??

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"How about instead of paying millions of perfectly healthy people to stay at home and do nothing for months, pumped all this recourse into the health sistem so that can cope.

So you disagree with the initial lockdown?? "

Absolutely

over a year ago

Absolutely "

Bonkers, I guess your one of the lucky ones who did lose a relative or friend through COVID. 42,000 have died, without the lockdown the figure would have been much higher, can you explain how all these extra deaths and hospital admittance would have helped the NHS treat other people?

over a year ago

Absolutely

Bonkers, I guess your one of the lucky ones who did lose a relative or friend through COVID. 42,000 have died, without the lockdown the figure would have been much higher, can you explain how all these extra deaths and hospital admittance would have helped the NHS treat other people? "

Didn’t lose

over a year ago

here comes a shitthread of potentially stupid reasonings.

what the fuck do people not understand about covid,comorbidity and transmission?

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

The tide is beginning to turn do not worry.

More and more voices will call the government out on their insanity and blinkered view over the coming months.

over a year ago

"The tide is beginning to turn do not worry.

More and more voices will call the government out on their insanity and blinkered view over the coming months.

"

The second wave of lockdowns have been badly handled and a confusing mess but I think the first lockdown (although it was 2 weeks late) had to be done

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Apparently the latter deaths are perfectly acceptable. Seems the only treatment you can get is for Covid ,God help us if we get any other illness "

Seeing as people are catching it in hospital again, you are quite right

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Absolutely

Bonkers, I guess your one of the lucky ones who did lose a relative or friend through COVID. 42,000 have died, without the lockdown the figure would have been much higher, can you explain how all these extra deaths and hospital admittance would have helped the NHS treat other people? "

Unfortunately we've lost a very good friend to the virus(who was the fittest and healthiest person known), but that doesn't make us believe the cure we were presented with is better than the desiese.

over a year ago

Absolutely

Bonkers, I guess your one of the lucky ones who did lose a relative or friend through COVID. 42,000 have died, without the lockdown the figure would have been much higher, can you explain how all these extra deaths and hospital admittance would have helped the NHS treat other people?

Unfortunately we've lost a very good friend to the virus(who was the fittest and healthiest person known), but that doesn't make us believe the cure we were presented with is better than the desiese. "

mind blown.

over a year ago

Absolutely

Unfortunately we've lost a very good friend to the virus(who was the fittest and healthiest person known), but that doesn't make us believe the cure we were presented with is better than the desiese. "

And how would stopping the first lockdown have helped the NHS treat non COVID patients?

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"Neither should be downplayed in importance. Covid-19 would have had a far higher impact, killing more, as well as leaving more with serious health complications, if lockdown and treatments earlier this year hasn't happened.

Why has the NHS struggled to cope in treating people with other conditions? Look at what people voted for, as 10 years of austerity and neglect damaged the NHS ability to cope under pressure from general spikes in health demand. It's easy to remember the ambulances queueing with patients, or them waiting in corridors for treatment. People voted for them again a few months ago. They ignored the results from epidemic readiness testing - that's grossly negligent.

We can criticise all day but we do face worse prospects this winter. Other treatments barely restarted but covid-19 infections up. Services have to be led by someone with competence and the right moral outlook "

I agree with what you wrote a 1000% 10 years of conservative government has not been good for the NHS. Sure you can blame the conservatives but it was the electorate that enabled them.

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Apparently the latter deaths are perfectly acceptable. Seems the only treatment you can get is for Covid ,God help us if we get any other illness "

Absolute bullshit and I think you know it.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Neither should be downplayed in importance. Covid-19 would have had a far higher impact, killing more, as well as leaving more with serious health complications, if lockdown and treatments earlier this year hasn't happened.

We can criticise all day but we do face worse prospects this winter. Other treatments barely restarted but covid-19 infections up. Services have to be led by someone with competence and the right moral outlook "

I think that to a large extent, the NHS over reacted to the Virus. They planned and IMPLEMENTED based on a worst case scenario, but that worst-case didn't occur. A lot of capacity was freed up by cancelling treatments and operations and thankfully that capacity wasn't required. Unfortunately the knock-on effect on other treatments was the side effect of this. With hindsight, a more tapered approach would have been more efficient... but hindsight is a great thing.

Cal

By *ickthelick2001Man
over a year ago

nottingham

So we have a super duper deadly air-borne virus, its the virus to end all viruses, So deadly that if you test positive, the treatment is, stay at home for two weeks. You can even get paid for having a test (that shows how desperate they are to get the numbers up ) At least with the flu, the doc recommends paracetamol.In the mean time flu is killing ten times more people than the super duper deadly virus, (not a mention of this on MSM) On average by this time of year 123000 will have died of cancer, 270000 would have been diagnosed with cancer, There's a backlog of 1 million cancer screenings. Maybe just maybe comrade Doris and Co are up to something far more sinister. Remember "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY"

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

Absolutely

Lost someone of Cancer appointments where cancelled one amongst thousands

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

My daughter had her second baby in mid August, the care was practically non existent. All due to covid, health professionals here are not treating or performing care interventions in the same way. She has support from a nurse (me) and, midwife (sister) what about women who don't. Covid has taken over other health concerns in my opinion.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

My partner's mother (with dementia) is in hospital. Due to the local lockdown she can't have any visitors and she can only have one five minute phone call a week.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

No cervical cancer screaning, surely if posting cov kits they could post these out. Also cov is being lumped in on flu figures on https:ons gov uk not sure if I can post link without getting forum ban

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Just before lockdown I had an abnormal smear test result. It took me seven months of perseverence before I had a biopsy, which should have been done in two weeks.

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Absolutely

Unfortunately we've lost a very good friend to the virus(who was the fittest and healthiest person known), but that doesn't make us believe the cure we were presented with is better than the desiese.

And how would stopping the first lockdown have helped the NHS treat non COVID patients? "

And how it helped? Not a scientist, nor a doctor or a health professional. Simply expressing opinion that the lock down,and the way it was implement hasn't helped the health sistem one bit. You need too look in a countries with a health sistems in a far worse state than NHS where nothing apocalyptic has happened even without lockdown. In the other hand, the enormous resources that have been used in keeping people locked could have been used far more effectively.

over a year ago

"So we have a super duper deadly air-borne virus, its the virus to end all viruses, So deadly that if you test positive, the treatment is, stay at home for two weeks. You can even get paid for having a test (that shows how desperate they are to get the numbers up ) At least with the flu, the doc recommends paracetamol.In the mean time flu is killing ten times more people than the super duper deadly virus, (not a mention of this on MSM) On average by this time of year 123000 will have died of cancer, 270000 would have been diagnosed with cancer, There's a backlog of 1 million cancer screenings. Maybe just maybe comrade Doris and Co are up to something far more sinister. Remember "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY" "

Maybe go away, do some actual fact checking, then go study about virus transmission and pandemics and you might start to understand why the action we took was taken. Unless of course, you are going to start pretending that all the governments in the world are "in on it" seeing as most governments have adopted similar approaches.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

This..

The perfect storm hit at a time when the services needed have been slashed..

over a year ago

Absolutely

And how would stopping the first lockdown have helped the NHS treat non COVID patients? And how it helped? Not a scientist, nor a doctor or a health professional. Simply expressing opinion that the lock down,and the way it was implement hasn't helped the health sistem one bit. You need too look in a countries with a health sistems in a far worse state than NHS where nothing apocalyptic has happened even without lockdown. In the other hand, the enormous resources that have been used in keeping people locked could have been used far more effectively.

"

I disagree, the first lockdown was vital to stop further deaths and to protect the NHS who were not prepared at the time for the pandemic .

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Absolutely

And how would stopping the first lockdown have helped the NHS treat non COVID patients? And how it helped? Not a scientist, nor a doctor or a health professional. Simply expressing opinion that the lock down,and the way it was implement hasn't helped the health sistem one bit. You need too look in a countries with a health sistems in a far worse state than NHS where nothing apocalyptic has happened even without lockdown. In the other hand, the enormous resources that have been used in keeping people locked could have been used far more effectively.

I disagree, the first lockdown was vital to stop further deaths and to protect the NHS who were not prepared at the time for the pandemic . "

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and fully respect that!

We have to agree to disagree.

By *limmatureguyMan
over a year ago

Tonbridge

There were more free icu beds available at the peak than at the beginning because they made all the post operative recovery beds available. The NHS was never in danger.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

It is grey,raining and new restrictions and you come on to cheer us up.Thanks a lot

Post new Message to Thread