Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Worse than Cummings..?

Jump to newest

By *ouple in Lancashire OP   Couple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Margaret Ferrier SNP MP travels by train to Scotland after being informed she is positive for covid..

Should Sturgeon now sack her?

Also with Corbyn bring at a party with more than 6, should he be fined ?

And just to keep it fair, should Boris put his Dad under lockdown?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes

Yes

Undecided

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

The problem Ms Ferrier has, is she broke the rules twice.

SNP have now suspended her.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You've been watching Angela Eagle on channel 4 haven't you

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The problem Ms Ferrier has, is she broke the rules twice.

SNP have now suspended her. "

Perhaps we'll see the same seriousness from Sturgeon who called for Cummings to be rightly sacked..

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"You've been watching Angela Eagle on channel 4 haven't you "

No, it was the piece before..

Reply privately

over a year ago

She travelled by train to London whilst awaiting the result of a test and then travelled back to Scotland knowing she had a positive test. She also attended and spoke in Parliament.

How many people have been exposed? Possibly hundreds if not thousands. Unbelievable!

Reply privately

over a year ago

She’s the reason why we have second wave ..!

Reply privately

over a year ago

yes

yes

yes

Reply privately

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

£1000 fine, she'll prob pay ftom her exspenses. Was she not "working from home". If they sack her, its ok, she can claim universal credit and the £500 self isolating fee. She'll have to wait 5 weeks thou

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a bad state of affairs in Britain most are opinionated and are a bit hung ho when it comes to following orders. Other nations are coping better with this because they have respect for each other, here in Britain it is an every man for themselves I'm all right Jack culture

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Margaret Ferrier SNP MP travels by train to Scotland after being informed she is positive for covid..

And just to keep it fair, should Boris put his Dad under lockdown?"

Sturgeon will do what she has to do, she's not Johnson.

Reply privately

By *erfume-LoverMan
over a year ago

Fife Coast

Outrageous behaviour from a so called Politician

Hope she will now resign and apologise to those in her area who are trying to respect the rules.

Another own goal from the SNP - wonder what Jimmy Crankies excuse will be this time ?

Deranged and Delusional

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Margaret Ferrier SNP MP travels by train to Scotland after being informed she is positive for covid..

Sturgeon will do what she has to do, she's not Johnson."

She did say Johnson should sack Cummings so this like her medical advisor will be interesting..

Maybe..

Reply privately

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

Ian Blackford, SNP leader in Westminster suspended the Whip from Ms Ferrier, she also reported herself to the parliamentary standards commissioner and the police

Jeremy Corbin was fined and Boris' dad apologised for not wearing a mask

Reply privately

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Ian Blackford, SNP leader in Westminster suspended the Whip from Ms Ferrier, she also reported herself to the parliamentary standards commissioner and the police

Jeremy Corbin was fined and Boris' dad apologised for not wearing a mask"

Cheers for the update on Corbyn..

Reply privately

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

Yeah throw them all to the lions

Reply privately

over a year ago

Politicians make laws for us not them

Reply privately

By * Plus ECouple
over a year ago

The South

Perhaps we'll see the same seriousness from Sturgeon who called for Cummings to be rightly sacked.."

If you campaign vociferously for someone on the other side to be sacked, she should do the same for one of her own.

It'll probably be a case of do as I say, unless of course it's one of mine.

E

Reply privately

over a year ago

She did say Johnson should sack Cummings so this like her medical advisor will be interesting..

Maybe.."

She has already had the whip withdrawn, so there's no maybe about it.

It was an extremely irresponsible and selfish act, and there is no way I'm going to try and defend her, but trying to turn it into an attack on the SNP, when they have already effectively sacked her, is not something I would have expected from you, tbh.

Reply privately

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Perhaps we'll see the same seriousness from Sturgeon who called for Cummings to be rightly sacked..

If you campaign vociferously for someone on the other side to be sacked, she should do the same for one of her own.

E"

The difference is she tested positive and still took public transport 400 miles home

Let’s see how many of the mps she mixed with go down with c19

Reply privately

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

Yes

Yes

Fine him heavily

Reply privately

By *icebloke551Man
over a year ago

Kidderminster

Snp and sturgeon want to play by there rules and not listen to ours .let them vote on independence but with no money from London .stand alone totally

Reply privately

over a year ago

E"

Yeah, she's already had the whip withdrawn.

Honestly, all this silly mud slinging just because our 1st minister is more popular and has more integrity than your PM.

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

E

Honestly, all this silly mud slinging just because our 1st minister is more popular and has more integrity than your PM. "

Nicola Sturgeon has without trying shown Boris to the 3rd rate pub impersonator he his. She has more integrity in one hand than that clown and his 5/6/7 kids combined.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Maybe..

It was an extremely irresponsible and selfish act, and there is no way I'm going to try and defend her, but trying to turn it into an attack on the SNP, when they have already effectively sacked her, is not something I would have expected from you, tbh."

It's not an attack upon the SNP, withdrawal of the whip is the correct thing to do at this time but her actions do raise the question if she should still be an MP..

And my thoughts would be the same regardless of party ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe..

It was an extremely irresponsible and selfish act, and there is no way I'm going to try and defend her, but trying to turn it into an attack on the SNP, when they have already effectively sacked her, is not something I would have expected from you, tbh.

It's not an attack upon the SNP, withdrawal of the whip is the correct thing to do at this time but her actions do raise the question if she should still be an MP..

And my thoughts would be the same regardless of party .."

She shouldn't, however as I'm sure you're aware, MPs cannot just be sacked, there are procedures that need to happen first, unfortunately.

Reply privately

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

And just to keep it fair, should Boris put his Dad under lockdown?"

Yes

Yes

Fine him

Will Corbyn be disciplined in any way?

Be interesting to see if Sturgen follows the advice/ demands she made during the Cummings saga

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

Maybe..

And my thoughts would be the same regardless of party .."

.... don't blame the SNP... Looks like she lied to them about her ”situation”

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Maybe..

And my thoughts would be the same regardless of party ..

She shouldn't, however as I'm sure you're aware, MPs cannot just be sacked, there are procedures that need to happen first, unfortunately."

Yes am aware, it may well be that she's made her position untenable in any case..

Reply privately

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

E

Honestly, all this silly mud slinging just because our 1st minister is more popular and has more integrity than your PM.

Nicola Sturgeon has without trying shown Boris to the 3rd rate pub impersonator he his. She has more integrity in one hand than that clown and his 5/6/7 kids combined. "

Nothing to do with Nicola Sturgeon, the action was taken in Westminster by the SNP's Westminster leader Ian Blackford

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"It's a bad state of affairs in Britain most are opinionated and are a bit hung ho when it comes to following orders. Other nations are coping better with this because they have respect for each other, here in Britain it is an every man for themselves I'm all right Jack culture "

You obviously haven't been looking closely at other countries, we have friends in both France and Spain, neither countries population is behaving any differently than here.

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

Yes

Yes

Fine him

Be interesting to see if Sturgen follows the advice/ demands she made during the Cummings saga"

Whoa, saga? Are you trying to defend the conduct of the PMs adviser?

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"It's a bad state of affairs in Britain most are opinionated and are a bit hung ho when it comes to following orders. Other nations are coping better with this because they have respect for each other, here in Britain it is an every man for themselves I'm all right Jack culture "
Yes Italy the best example I think

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's a bad state of affairs in Britain most are opinionated and are a bit hung ho when it comes to following orders. Other nations are coping better with this because they have respect for each other, here in Britain it is an every man for themselves I'm all right Jack culture

You obviously haven't been looking closely at other countries, we have friends in both France and Spain, neither countries population is behaving any differently than here."

And Britain doing worse than them.. 5th worst in world when I last looked,,,, a day ago

Reply privately

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

Yes

Yes

Fine him

Be interesting to see if Sturgen follows the advice/ demands she made during the Cummings saga

Whoa, saga? Are you trying to defend the conduct of the PMs adviser?"

What makes you think I'm defending the pm's advisor? I'm simply wondering if she will dish out what she wanted Boris to dish out or not

Reply privately

By *un4us2getherCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes

Yes

Fine him

Whoa, saga? Are you trying to defend the conduct of the PMs adviser?

What makes you think I'm defending the pm's advisor? I'm simply wondering if she will dish out what she wanted Boris to dish out or not"

Yes she will , shes not Boris.

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

E

Nicola Sturgeon has without trying shown Boris to the 3rd rate pub impersonator he his. She has more integrity in one hand than that clown and his 5/6/7 kids combined.

Nothing to do with Nicola Sturgeon, the action was taken in Westminster by the SNP's Westminster leader Ian Blackford"

Nicola Sturgeon is a figure of derision in this forum. Attacking her on her appearance which is all too common says more about the person that say it. If she is guilty of anything, it is competent leadership which unfortunately makes Boris look so bad in comparison.

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

E

Nothing to do with Nicola Sturgeon, the action was taken in Westminster by the SNP's Westminster leader Ian Blackford

Nicola Sturgeon is a figure of derision in this forum. Attacking her on her appearance which is all too common says more about the person that say it. If she is guilty of anything, it is competent leadership which unfortunately makes Boris look so bad in comparison."

Thats covid is higher in Scotland she is so good

Reply privately

over a year ago

The punishment for Johnson's dad should involve a time machine and a vasectomy.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

That sums it up , which is really sad that we can't help each other

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I don't know about worse, I think the timing of Cummings was worse as in we were all stuck indoors...but yes , yes and of course yes as he is over 50 and needs to be told what to do for his own safety

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I don't know about worse, I think the timing of Cummings was worse as in we were all stuck indoors...but yes , yes and of course yes as he is over 50 and needs to be told what to do for his own safety"

The bit I put about Johnson's Dad was sort of tongue in cheek but also from the perspective that we have similar elderly people who despite all the support needed at the previous peak went out despite repeated warnings to and being asked not to..

Both caught it one more severe than the other and even now and recovering slowly still won't listen..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cummings was the worst as he broke the rules at the height of that lockdwn that he'd been involved in writing. And, even worse, the government backed him. The Lancet published a piece detailing how this all undermined confidence in the government to handle the pandemic. (We may never know how many lives the Cummings fiasco cost.)

But every political figure who breaks the rules at this crucial time should be punished.

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

E

Nicola Sturgeon is a figure of derision in this forum. Attacking her on her appearance which is all too common says more about the person that say it. If she is guilty of anything, it is competent leadership which unfortunately makes Boris look so bad in comparison.Thats covid is higher in Scotland she is so good"

Are you having a laugh? Throughout this whole pandemic Scotland has had a lower rate then England per 100k until literally today!

Population of Scotland is 9% of the population of England but lets just round it up to 10% (makes england looks slightly better in what follows next).

Today is England there are 1,995 people in hospital with covid. 10% of that is 200. How come there are 154 is hospital in Scotland if covid is "higher".

Today in England there were 48 deaths. 10% of 48 is 4.8. How come there were 3 deaths in Scotland if covid is "higher".

There has been 666 deaths per 100,000 of the population in England but 462 deaths per 100,000 of the population in Scotland.

The infection rate per 100,000 has been lower in Scotland every day since this crisis began in March apart from 7 days. 3 of which just happen to be the last 3 days.

Now, lets look closer the last 3 days. Infections have taken hold in 2 of the universities. However, this looks like it may have been brought under control as rates over the last couple of days have been dropping.

As for Sturgeon, I'm not an SNP voter but living in Scotland I do watch First Minister's Questions on TV and that woman rips Ruth Davidson and Richard Leonard to pieces. Ruth Davidson is a far more skilled debater than that bumbling Buffoon in Downing Street.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cumming case..should be going to court..prosecutor nazir afzal has put court application in with a few others

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Cumming case..should be going to court..prosecutor nazir afzal has put court application in with a few others"

Confucius he say politician that allies with covid play dangelous game. It bite them in the backside when all go long.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I think she will resign and not be sacked, although it's a hard decision to take. It's not worse than Cummings as he helped to write the rules and influence them and their imposition into our lives.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Once again, the people that should be setting an example,believe themselves above the laws they set.Not only has the country been let down on every level,by a Government?at best incompetent We witness the attitude of' US and them'

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

We"d do a whole lot better if we spent as much time and energy trying to help people, as trying to catch them out and judge them. Humans aren't perfect and all make mistakes. Treat them the same as everyone else... Censure them and move on. No need for blood letting it helps nobody.

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"It's a bad state of affairs in Britain most are opinionated and are a bit hung ho when it comes to following orders. Other nations are coping better with this because they have respect for each other, here in Britain it is an every man for themselves I'm all right Jack culture

You obviously haven't been looking closely at other countries, we have friends in both France and Spain, neither countries population is behaving any differently than here.

And Britain doing worse than them.. 5th worst in world when I last looked,,,, a day ago"

Depends on how countries are counting deaths, but we have tested twice as many as the French and three times the number the Spanish have, yet have less positive cases. So far.

I really wish people would stop constantly criticising this country and saying we are the worse for anything and everything, are we perfect, no of not but neither are other countries.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And Britain doing worse than them.. 5th worst in world when I last looked,,,, a day ago

Depends on how countries are counting deaths, but we have tested twice as many as the French and three times the number the Spanish have, yet have less positive cases. So far.

I really wish people would stop constantly criticising this country and saying we are the worse for anything and everything, are we perfect, no of not but neither are other countries."

Britain 5th worst in the world,, undefencible

Reply privately

over a year ago

she travelled twice over 700 miles on a public train.

she also stood up in parliament to argue lockdown measures knowing she was positive.

and also she called for cummings to resign when cummings didnt use public transport but his own car, still wrong i know but this women clearly thinks rules do not apply to her and she must be deselected and kicked out.

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"I think she will resign and not be sacked, although it's a hard decision to take. It's not worse than Cummings as he helped to write the rules and influence them and their imposition into our lives. "

Except he drove himself with his family to isolate, was that wrong yes but she went on public transport and mixed with possibly hundreds in a closed environment

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is why many dont trust whats going on..the MPS etc are more in the know than us and yet they re risking others without a thought...Im not a conspiracy nut Im just giving my thoughts.

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"This is why many dont trust whats going on..the MPS etc are more in the know than us and yet they re risking others without a thought...Im not a conspiracy nut Im just giving my thoughts. "

Every government has to act from the stance that it could be deadly, better to be over cautious, at least to begin with, the media are to blame for a lot of the hysteria, very subtle change of words from what the experts/gov say completely change the message,

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I don't know about worse, I think the timing of Cummings was worse as in we were all stuck indoors...but yes , yes and of course yes as he is over 50 and needs to be told what to do for his own safety

The bit I put about Johnson's Dad was sort of tongue in cheek but also from the perspective that we have similar elderly people who despite all the support needed at the previous peak went out despite repeated warnings to and being asked not to..

Both caught it one more severe than the other and even now and recovering slowly still won't listen..

"

Mine was tongue in cheek too , more for some younger people who think the over 50's are infirm

Your experience is probably going on a lot more than we think, I saw Johnsons dad in the hunted, he thinks he is invincible and I think a lot of older people do.

The MIL at the beginning of all this said "I have been through a world war and a life time of tragedy and I am still alive so a bit of flu won't scare me "

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"We"d do a whole lot better if we spent as much time and energy trying to help people, as trying to catch them out and judge them. "

We all judge, whether we admit to it or not, but I don't think being caught out doing something you shouldn't be doing should be blamed on the people who discovered it. What help did they need other than to be told to stop being an idiot?

Reply privately

By *usie pTV/TS
over a year ago

taunton

Well Sturgeon should use the with drawn whip smartly on her ass several times and it should be broadcast for all of us to see it has been administered. Restore corporal punishment for all covid offenders lol.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I think she will resign and not be sacked, although it's a hard decision to take. It's not worse than Cummings as he helped to write the rules and influence them and their imposition into our lives.

Except he drove himself with his family to isolate, was that wrong yes but she went on public transport and mixed with possibly hundreds in a closed environment "

Yeah but he's a tory and she isn't... I think that matters more to some people..

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I think she will resign and not be sacked, although it's a hard decision to take. It's not worse than Cummings as he helped to write the rules and influence them and their imposition into our lives.

Except he drove himself with his family to isolate, was that wrong yes but she went on public transport and mixed with possibly hundreds in a closed environment

Yeah but he's a tory and she isn't... I think that matters more to some people.. "

So it has nothing to do with the fact he broke the rules that were set?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Farrier should be sacked, then face prosecution.

Cummings should be prosecuted for what he did, we know he won't be sacked.

Corbyn kicked out of the party and prosecuted, which we all know won't happen.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Farrier should be sacked, then face prosecution.

Corbyn kicked out of the party and prosecuted, which we all know won't happen."

Why should be he kicked out the party?

He has been fined

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"We"d do a whole lot better if we spent as much time and energy trying to help people, as trying to catch them out and judge them.

We all judge, whether we admit to it or not, but I don't think being caught out doing something you shouldn't be doing should be blamed on the people who discovered it. What help did they need other than to be told to stop being an idiot?"

We seem to have developed a preoccupation with calling out people for all the negative stuff. Anyone who expects people to be perfect is simply naive. People make mistakes. I didn't say he needed help. I said he should be censured just like any other member of society and we should move on. He has apologised... What good does it do anyone to keep kicking him? (or her).

I agree it would be. Pre credible if all our leaders were perfect and everything we see on TV were perfect. But it isn't. And I don't need an MP as some kind of role model. If I forget my mask (as I have done) and go into a shop (as I have done) and am reminded by someone I should have a mask on (as happened) and I theneave the shop to get my mask from my car, does it need to be more than that?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Yeah but he's a tory and she isn't... I think that matters more to some people.. "

He isn't a Tory.

And it's because he clearly broke the rules he helped set and barely got a slap on the wrist.

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

Yeah but he's a tory and she isn't... I think that matters more to some people..

So it has nothing to do with the fact he broke the rules that were set? "

To me it the arrogance of the Cummings response that spoke volumes. No apology, no admission of wrong doing, just 'rules are for thee, not me'

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

”Durham Constabulary does not consider that by locating himself at his father’s premises, Mr Cummings committed an offence contrary to regulation 6 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020”

” Durham Constabulary have examined the circumstances surrounding the journey to Barnard Castle (including ANPR, witness evidence and a review of Mr Cummings’ press conference on 25 May 2020) and have concluded that there might have been a minor breach of the Regulations that would have warranted police intervention. Durham Constabulary view this as minor because there was no apparent breach of social distancing.”

”Had a Durham Constabulary police officer stopped Mr Cummings driving to or from Barnard Castle, the officer would have spoken to him, and, having established the facts, likely advised Mr Cummings to return to the address in Durham, providing advice on the dangers of travelling during the pandemic crisis. Had this advice been accepted by Mr Cummings, no enforcement action would have been taken.”

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

What she did put mote people at risk. There is the hypocrisy too of calling from Cummings to be sacked (well, I hear that she made that vocal).

However, Ian Blackford did the right thing by removing the whip. Sturgeons response was spot on. She apparently reported herself to the police. She will be dealt with appropriately by party, constituency and police.

As for Cummings and Tory party. They couldn't care less about his actions.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"We"d do a whole lot better if we spent as much time and energy trying to help people, as trying to catch them out and judge them.

We all judge, whether we admit to it or not, but I don't think being caught out doing something you shouldn't be doing should be blamed on the people who discovered it. What help did they need other than to be told to stop being an idiot?

We seem to have developed a preoccupation with calling out people for all the negative stuff. Anyone who expects people to be perfect is simply naive. People make mistakes. I didn't say he needed help. I said he should be censured just like any other member of society and we should move on. He has apologised... What good does it do anyone to keep kicking him? (or her).

I agree it would be. Pre credible if all our leaders were perfect and everything we see on TV were perfect. But it isn't. And I don't need an MP as some kind of role model. If I forget my mask (as I have done) and go into a shop (as I have done) and am reminded by someone I should have a mask on (as happened) and I theneave the shop to get my mask from my car, does it need to be more than that? "

Oh I see, you are talking about Johnsons dad only? I didn't comment about him as such apart from a tongue in cheek comment to match the OP's TIC comment

In answer to the mask question, any one of us can forget but I suppose it depends on what you do if someone reminded you.

To the rest of your post, if people make bad "mistakes " or "calculated risks " in their job then I think there should be consequences and normal people would expect there to be

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"”Durham Constabulary does not consider that by locating himself at his father’s premises, Mr Cummings committed an offence contrary to regulation 6 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020”

” Durham Constabulary have examined the circumstances surrounding the journey to Barnard Castle (including ANPR, witness evidence and a review of Mr Cummings’ press conference on 25 May 2020) and have concluded that there might have been a minor breach of the Regulations that would have warranted police intervention. Durham Constabulary view this as minor because there was no apparent breach of social distancing.”

”Had a Durham Constabulary police officer stopped Mr Cummings driving to or from Barnard Castle, the officer would have spoken to him, and, having established the facts, likely advised Mr Cummings to return to the address in Durham, providing advice on the dangers of travelling during the pandemic crisis. Had this advice been accepted by Mr Cummings, no enforcement action would have been taken.”

"

So he did nothing wrong ?

Phew

I bet he feels a bit foolish now doing that press conference etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I don't know about worse, I think the timing of Cummings was worse as in we were all stuck indoors...but yes , yes and of course yes as he is over 50 and needs to be told what to do for his own safety

Mine was tongue in cheek too , more for some younger people who think the over 50's are infirm

Your experience is probably going on a lot more than we think, I saw Johnsons dad in the hunted, he thinks he is invincible and I think a lot of older people do.

The MIL at the beginning of all this said "I have been through a world war and a life time of tragedy and I am still alive so a bit of flu won't scare me " "

I can relate to the elderly having lived through the last world war and the hardships of that and some probably taking the view that if this gets them and what they've been through then so be it..

Reply privately

By *ndecidedMan
over a year ago

London

Parliament wasn't closing their own bar at 10pm until they were told off. So 'one rule for them and one for us' still seems the status quo

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Corbyn kicked out of the party and prosecuted, which we all know won't happen."

Would that apply to yourself if you had eg. Been caught speeding?

Lose one's current employment..

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

So it has nothing to do with the fact he broke the rules that were set?

To me it the arrogance of the Cummings response that spoke volumes. No apology, no admission of wrong doing, just 'rules are for thee, not me'"

Yes I like the others he went out of his way to make a point of saying he had no regrets. (don't burst into song please)... Pretty poor for someone whose sole purpose is to advise the pm on public mood.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I agree it would be. Pre credible if all our leaders were perfect and everything we see on TV were perfect. But it isn't. And I don't need an MP as some kind of role model. If I forget my mask (as I have done) and go into a shop (as I have done) and am reminded by someone I should have a mask on (as happened) and I theneave the shop to get my mask from my car, does it need to be more than that?

Oh I see, you are talking about Johnsons dad only? I didn't comment about him as such apart from a tongue in cheek comment to match the OP's TIC comment

In answer to the mask question, any one of us can forget but I suppose it depends on what you do if someone reminded you.

To the rest of your post, if people make bad "mistakes " or "calculated risks " in their job then I think there should be consequences and normal people would expect there to be"

No I didn't reference dad only. I said he (or her). That aside... Yep face the consequences absolutely agree. And as we have seen," leaders" of all ages and persuasions have made mistakes. I see footballers on TV sticking tongues down each others throats when they score a goal. But that doesn't get a mention. Is Harry kane more of an influencer than Corbyn.. Probably.

I just see no benefit in continuing to kick him / or her / or whomever. Catch them, enforce the rules, pay the price and. I've on. As per my original post. If we invested as much time and effort in helping people as we do in trying to catch and consequence people and then spend months revisiting it (a la cummings) .. It would be a better and happier place. Carrying around so much anger, resentment and judgement can't be good for us.

Reply privately

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

She's a hypocrite and an idiot. She should resign. She should be deselected, if she won't.

That said, in UK politics, being an idiot and a hypocrite hasn't been grounds for resignation in a long time.

Johnson, Patel, Raab and Williamson - to name only four - are enough evidence.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She should be Prosecuted if there is a breech of the law and fined. As for losing her job, probably not as that would seem a bit OTT to me. I'd hate to think I'd lose my job because of Covid.

The rules on whether you can be an MP and a convicted criminal are defined as if you are convicted of a crime then if your sentence is more than 1 year imprisonment then you cannot stand for parliament. Clearly this offence is not one of imprisonment so provided she can stand the calls of being more humbug than a xmas carol character she can hang on but her honour has been severely tarnished.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"She's a hypocrite and an idiot. She should resign. She should be deselected, if she won't.

That said, in UK politics, being an idiot and a hypocrite hasn't been grounds for resignation in a long time.

Johnson, Patel, Raab and Williamson - to name only four - are enough evidence."

Pm material..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"She should be Prosecuted if there is a breech of the law and fined. As for losing her job, probably not as that would seem a bit OTT to me. I'd hate to think I'd lose my job because of Covid.

The rules on whether you can be an MP and a convicted criminal are defined as if you are convicted of a crime then if your sentence is more than 1 year imprisonment then you cannot stand for parliament. Clearly this offence is not one of imprisonment so provided she can stand the calls of being more humbug than a xmas carol character she can hang on but her honour has been severely tarnished."

I think her career as a politician is over. What else would she be good at I don't know, join the dole cue I think and she deserves it

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Now it transpires that she also lied to the SNP whips at Westminster.

Told them she was returning to Scotland, because a family member was ill, which was not the case.

The SNP have disowned her. Only she can quit being an MP though.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

To the rest of your post, if people make bad "mistakes " or "calculated risks " in their job then I think there should be consequences and normal people would expect there to be

No I didn't reference dad only. I said he (or her). That aside... Yep face the consequences absolutely agree. And as we have seen," leaders" of all ages and persuasions have made mistakes. I see footballers on TV sticking tongues down each others throats when they score a goal. But that doesn't get a mention. Is Harry kane more of an influencer than Corbyn.. Probably.

I just see no benefit in continuing to kick him / or her / or whomever. Catch them, enforce the rules, pay the price and. I've on. As per my original post. If we invested as much time and effort in helping people as we do in trying to catch and consequence people and then spend months revisiting it (a la cummings) . "

Sadly some people are above being caught and dealt with for breaking rules and why people use examples when the next person is caught breaking a rule. You can't blame them as double standards reek to high heaven

I don't know about football players snogging the gob off each other so can't comment but for me , footballers are not elected to represent people nor employed to help make rules for us all to follow while doing the opposite, I don't think it is a good comparison.

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

The SNP woman called for Cummings resignation at the time. It should be academic that she resigns or indeed is sacked. Putting the public at risk like that, knowing what she must know as an MP (the rules) is indefensible.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He has been fined "

He should be made an example of, as the former leader of the party he should know better.

Reply privately

By *lixerMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Snp and sturgeon want to play by there rules and not listen to ours .let them vote on independence but with no money from London .stand alone totally "

That is all we want. To be the same as every other nation/state. It's called being normal.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is no honor regarding politicians. We all have a political idea ideology we personally follow. Whether it is a Tory, Labour or SNP politician it is clear even more so in these desperate times that everyone needs to pull together so it ain't worthwhile beating each other up op a bunch of over privileged public servants

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"The SNP woman called for Cummings resignation at the time. It should be academic that she resigns or indeed is sacked. Putting the public at risk like that, knowing what she must know as an MP (the rules) is indefensible. "

The whip has been withdrawn. She has effectively been sacked by the SNP.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"The SNP woman called for Cummings resignation at the time. It should be academic that she resigns or indeed is sacked. Putting the public at risk like that, knowing what she must know as an MP (the rules) is indefensible. "

She can't be sacked, she has to do the resigning. I think she will do now as Nicola sturgeon has made it known she should

Reply privately

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"Ian Blackford, SNP leader in Westminster suspended the Whip from Ms Ferrier, she also reported herself to the parliamentary standards commissioner and the police

Jeremy Corbin was fined and Boris' dad apologised for not wearing a mask

Cheers for the update on Corbyn.."

this, is, totally wrong about corbyn

There is, a post issued 27 minutes ago saying he has not been fined

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow.

An MP can be recalled by their constituents under the following -

"MPs can be recalled only under certain circumstances:

If they are convicted in the UK of an offence and sentenced or ordered to be imprisoned or detained and all appeals have been exhausted (and the sentence does not lead to automatic disqualification from being an MP);

If they are suspended from the House following report and recommended sanction from the Committee on Standards for a specified period (at least 10 sitting days, or at least 14 days if sitting days are not specified).;

If they are convicted of an offence under section 10 of the Parliamentary Standards Act 2009 (making false or misleading Parliamentary allowances claims)"

From House of Commons Library.

If any of these 3 sanctions are applied then a recall petition is issued for that constituency.

To trigger a by election, 10% of constituents must sign the petition.

Reply privately

By *ookMan
over a year ago

london

Her whip has been withdrawn...let’s take her gimp mask and boots as well. That’ll teach her

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

He has been fined

He should be made an example of, as the former leader of the party he should know better."

He should be treated differently to everyone else?

Reply privately

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Sussex

"Her whip has been withdrawn...let’s take her gimp mask and boots as well. That’ll teach her"

Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sussex

"An MP can be recalled by their constituents under the following -

If they are convicted in the UK of an offence and sentenced or ordered to be imprisoned or detained and all appeals have been exhausted (and the sentence does not lead to automatic disqualification from being an MP);

If they are suspended from the House following report and recommended sanction from the Committee on Standards for a specified period (at least 10 sitting days, or at least 14 days if sitting days are not specified).;

If they are convicted of an offence under section 10 of the Parliamentary Standards Act 2009 (making false or misleading Parliamentary allowances claims)"

If any of these 3 sanctions are applied then a recall petition is issued for that constituency.

To trigger a by election, 10% of constituents must sign the petition."

She will surely resign ?

Reply privately

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"She can't be sacked, she has to do the resigning. I think she will do now as Nicola sturgeon has made it known she should"

Sort of like having one's boss calling you a useless shithead in a company newsletter...

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"She can't be sacked, she has to do the resigning. I think she will do now as Nicola sturgeon has made it known she should

Sort of like having one's boss calling you a useless shithead in a company newsletter... "

Yup

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Seeing an interview with the Speaker, Sir Lindsay Hoyle, at lunchtime, it was clear that he is livid.

Its blown open the Covid integrity of the HoC, and has caused a lot of work for a lot of people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Seeing an interview with the Speaker, Sir Lindsay Hoyle, at lunchtime, it was clear that he is livid.

Its blown open the Covid integrity of the HoC, and has caused a lot of work for a lot of people. "

Just heard him on the radio..boy was he angry.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Seeing an interview with the Speaker, Sir Lindsay Hoyle, at lunchtime, it was clear that he is livid.

Its blown open the Covid integrity of the HoC, and has caused a lot of work for a lot of people.

Just heard him on the radio..boy was he angry."

I bet he was

Reply privately

over a year ago

I bet he was "

Absolutely angry he was...he even said so

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

But at least it gives the Multitude and Masses the ability to say:

Margaret Ferrier did it.

Jeremy Corbyn did it.

Dominic Cummings did it.

So. I'm doing it too.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I bet he was

Absolutely angry he was...he even said so "

Haha! . I like Lindsay

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow.

[Removed by poster at 02/10/20 15:13:53]

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow.

She will surely resign ?"

There is ~82,000 reasons and expenses why I doubt she will.

Especially in the current job market.

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

She will surely resign ?

There is ~82,000 reasons and expenses why I doubt she will.

Especially in the current job market."

Anyone volunteering to sit next to her at the HoC?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sussex

"But at least it gives the Multitude and Masses the ability to say:

Margaret Ferrier did it.

Jeremy Corbyn did it.

Dominic Cummings did it.

So. I'm doing it too.

"

Hopefully others are smarter

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cummings should have gone...but at least he didnt have contact with others as he "went to isolate" by car.

Travelling 5 hours each way on a train full of strangers is far worse IMHO.

Police said "technically" he didn't break the law (as it stood at the time). Think the police may have more to say this time....

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Cummings should have gone...but at least he didnt have contact with others as he "went to isolate" by car.

Police said "technically" he didn't break the law (as it stood at the time). Think the police may have more to say this time...."

Maybe they should find her criminally negligent. A £10k fine would be fair.

Reply privately

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Not a lot of point in being an MP if your colleagues think you're a total shit, your constituants think you're a total shit and you've got zero chance of anyone giving any creedance to anything you say.

This was a criminal act and should be treated as such, not just explained away with rhetoric and ignored as we've seen previously.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Yes

Yes

Undecided "

Same

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Just imagine for a moment she resigns. Triggering a by election. Who the f would they vote for? The snp... Another one of the same...? The tories... Hahaha...don't make me laugh... The Scottish Labour Party... (who? "everything the tories are doing is wrong" "so what would you do if you were in power?"... "everything the tories are doing is wrong" rinse repeat) I can imagine the turn out being colin the dachshund and morags auntie aggie.

I can't stand the woman and can't believe I'm saying this but the only one at the moment with any semblence of credibility is Naughty Nicola.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Just heard him on the radio..boy was he angry."

Very, very..

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

"Not a lot of point in being an MP if your colleagues think you're a total shit, your constituants think you're a total shit and you've got zero chance of anyone giving any creedance to anything you say.

This was a criminal act and should be treated as such, not just explained away with rhetoric and ignored as we've seen previously.

"

An investigation is under way into reported breaches of the Health Protection Regulations 2020.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Not a lot of point in being an MP if your colleagues think you're a total shit, your constituants think you're a total shit and you've got zero chance of anyone giving any creedance to anything you say.

An investigation is under way into reported breaches of the Health Protection Regulations 2020.

"

A virologist was saying on t'wireless that they can pin down genetically to who infected whom..

If she has infected others and they lose income or worse then there'll be lawyers waiting..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Cummings should have gone...but at least he didnt have contact with others as he "went to isolate" by car.

Police said "technically" he didn't break the law (as it stood at the time). Think the police may have more to say this time...."

Reply privately

By *ookMan
over a year ago

london

She is finished...

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

A virologist was saying on t'wireless that they can pin down genetically to who infected whom..

If she has infected others and they lose income or worse then there'll be lawyers waiting.."

At the moment only one MP has been identified as being in close enough contact with her - Jim Shannon (One of the most active MPs who always likes to intervene in most debates ).... Anyway he has tested negative.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

If she has infected others and they lose income or worse then there'll be lawyers waiting..

At the moment only one MP has been identified as being in close enough contact with her - Jim Shannon (One of the most active MPs who always likes to intervene in most debates ).... Anyway he has tested negative.

"

That's good..

Reply privately

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

Very, very.."

And rightly so. Probably even more than Nicola is; which, right now, is saying something.

Reply privately

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Very, very..

And rightly so. Probably even more than Nicola is; which, right now, is saying something."

It's the first time I've seen her stuck for words.

I think she was trying hard not to swear.

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Very, very..

And rightly so. Probably even more than Nicola is; which, right now, is saying something.

It's the first time I've seen her stuck for words.

I think she was trying hard not to swear."

Yes, but fair play to her. She didn't dodge the issue at all.

Reply privately

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

Cummings is a smile ball, dodged all sorts and still tried to maintain he was correct.

This time the MP in question has said at least said sorry, but it still doesn't excuse the fact she travel the length of the UK with symptoms and then even knew she was positive and traveled back putting lots of people at risk. She should do the honourable thing and save what little respect she has left and walk away.

Point to think about where should she have gone knowing she was positive and so far away from home?

Do all MPs have a second place in London to stay over?

I think the point to take away is two wrongs definitely didn't make a right in this instance.

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

"

She stayed somewhere in London on Monday night (after testing positive) before travelling home Tuesday.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Cummings is a smile ball, dodged all sorts and still tried to maintain he was correct.

This time the MP in question has said at least said sorry, but it still doesn't excuse the fact she travel the length of the UK with symptoms and then even knew she was positive and traveled back putting lots of people at risk. She should do the honourable thing and save what little respect she has left and walk away.

Point to think about where should she have gone knowing she was positive and so far away from home?

I think the point to take away is two wrongs definitely didn't make a right in this instance. "

Interesting that you bring up the MP having a place to stay in London whilst isolating....i know that all mps are funded accomodation by the tax payer if needed. Many have 2nd homes in London so they can attend Westminster.

My point however is you mention it as if it is a kind of explanation. And perhaps. Had she driven herself back home and not risking others. Now however apply the same logic to cummings. Who drove himself and family to his parents to isolate. Because he had nobody in London to look after his kids.

Two wrongs don't make a right very true. But use the same measuring stick if you're making comparisons.

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

It is hard to use the same measuring stick as the two cases are different breaches. Cummings left his house during lockdown. Ferrier travelled on public transport after testing positive.

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"It is hard to use the same measuring stick as the two cases are different breaches. Cummings left his house during lockdown. Ferrier travelled on public transport after testing positive. "
No not travel was advisory, not to isolate once tested positive is breaking the law.

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

We don't know whether Cummings or his wife ever tested positive

Reply privately

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

All mps can claim out of pocket expenses so her travelling back after a positive result is even worse than a normal joe blogs doing the same.

She should be prosecuted and fined as well as resigning

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

"All mps can claim out of pocket expenses so her travelling back after a positive result is even worse than a normal joe blogs doing the same.

She should be prosecuted and fined as well as resigning "

Just go the whole hog and hang draw and quarter her

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"All mps can claim out of pocket expenses so her travelling back after a positive result is even worse than a normal joe blogs doing the same.

She should be prosecuted and fined as well as resigning

Just go the whole hog and hang draw and quarter her

"

I'll bring the popcorn. Just like the good old days lol.

At least we are still hearing the name . . .

Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings Cummings

Was beginning to think he'd been forgiven for his War Crimes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cummings will never be forgotten...he will go done in history as one of the main reasons people lost confidence during the lockdown.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

It will only be remembered, and serve as a Rallying Call for the dull-witted and feeble of mind, to do the same.,,

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It will only be remembered, and serve as a Rallying Call for the dull-witted and feeble of mind, to do the same.,,

"

Wow that's reaching new levels of snide abusive posts.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Cummings will never be forgotten...he will go done in history as one of the main reasons people lost confidence during the lockdown."

Have to disagree with you there.

The awful leadership will. The intransigence and wilful disregard of some of our society will. One middle aged geezer driving his family to stay on his father's grounds won't.

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

" One middle aged geezer driving his family to stay on his father's grounds won't. "

To stay in a house that was built without planning permission and not registered for council tax ?

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

I wonder what the Police would find if they knocked on half of the populations front doors.

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I don't know a single household that hasn't broken a Covid rule.

Reply privately

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

"I don't know a single household that hasn't broken a Covid rule. "

Same here! But I know a fair few who completely lie about how obedient they’ve been and try to shame others. Some people always think the rules don’t apply to them.

Lou x

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Me too.

I even walked through a whole crowd of non mask wearing people while talking on my phone to the bank - of course being on the phone I wasn't wearing mine - Just a headspace and not in kind of thing.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 03/10/20 13:39:49]

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I wonder what the Police would find if they knocked on half of the populations front doors. "

Half the population arent setting the rules

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"I wonder what the Police would find if they knocked on half of the populations front doors.

Half the population arent setting the rules "

And they are not setting an example either.

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I wonder what the Police would find if they knocked on half of the populations front doors. "

Here, they'd find a man feeding his daughter some lunch, a woman failing to get out of bed and lounging around in the nude and a monumental tip that needs tidying up. Not sure which is the biggest crime? Being in bed at this hour or needing to clean the skirting boards?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Cummings will never be forgotten...he will go done in history as one of the main reasons people lost confidence during the lockdown."

I think people are also forgetting the sheer arrogance with not an ounce of contrition and the conversative party tying themselves in knots,trying to excuse his behaviour.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Dogs dossing, me painting whilst listening to 6 music..

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Cummings will never be forgotten...he will go done in history as one of the main reasons people lost confidence during the lockdown.

I think people are also forgetting the sheer arrogance with not an ounce of contrition and the conversative party tying themselves in knots,trying to excuse his behaviour."

Along with the sheer arrogance/convenience of people pretending that what's good for one is good for us all - Instead of thinking what a twonk, that's exactly what we all shouldn't be doing. And then not doing it.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I wonder what the Police would find if they knocked on half of the populations front doors.

And they are not setting an example either. "

1st of all its mot half the population.

I've just took.me mum too sainsbury's and there wasnt a single person not wearing a face mask, so that's bollocks for a start.

2nd we arent meant to be setting an example..they are supposed to be doing what our 'betters 'tell us.

Still any excuse to absolve that shower from any responsibility

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Cummings will never be forgotten...he will go done in history as one of the main reasons people lost confidence during the lockdown.

I think people are also forgetting the sheer arrogance with not an ounce of contrition and the conversative party tying themselves in knots,trying to excuse his behaviour.

Along with the sheer arrogance/convenience of people pretending that what's good for one is good for us all - Instead of thinking what a twonk, that's exactly what we all shouldn't be doing. And then not doing it. "

Has everyone done what Cummings did?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I just see no benefit in continuing to kick him / or her / or whomever. Catch them, enforce the rules, pay the price and. I've on. As per my original post. If we invested as much time and effort in helping people as we do in trying to catch and consequence people and then spend months revisiting it (a la cummings) .. It would be a better and happier place. Carrying around so much anger, resentment and judgement can't be good for us. "

i am spending way less time on the forum and other social media for this reason ... getting myself all worked up at what others are doing or trying to convince them otherwise was doing nobody any good and just making me grumpy

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

I've just took.me mum too sainsbury's and there wasnt a single person not wearing a face mask, so that's bollocks for a start.

2nd we arent meant to be setting an example..they are supposed to be doing what our 'betters 'tell us.

Still any excuse to absolve that shower from any responsibility "

People are wearing masks co's a £1000 is a lot to pay for not wearing one.

Yes. We are meant to be setting an example.

No. They are Not our betters. Take responsibility for yourself and those close and in turn it will take care of those further away.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/10/20 13:49:32]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"She can't be sacked, she has to do the resigning. I think she will do now as Nicola sturgeon has made it known she should

Sort of like having one's boss calling you a useless shithead in a company newsletter... "

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

No. They are Not our betters. Take responsibility for yourself and those close and in turn it will take care of those further away.

"

So half the population are not ignoring the rules then.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

So half the population are not ignoring the rules then."

The point is this . . .

Cummings acted like a twonk - rule maker or not.

Then millions of people decided that that was the Q for them to do the same. When it actually should have been the very example of what everyone shouldn't have been doing.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

And probably yes a very very very large number of people are probably ignoring the rules!

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

So half the population are not ignoring the rules then.

The point is this . . .

Cummings acted like a twonk - rule maker or not.

Then millions of people decided that that was the Q for them to do the same. When it actually should have been the very example of what everyone shouldn't have been doing.

"

Millions of people didnt do the same

That is clearly nonsense

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

And like I don't know it's millions you don't know it's nonsense.

But the fact still stands that a very very very large number of people used it as their excuse to ignore the rules with the irony of calling him out for it.

It simply can't be both ways and stand on a ground of 'what a twonk'.

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

"It will only be remembered, and serve as a Rallying Call for the dull-witted and feeble of mind, to do the same.,,

"

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"And like I don't know it's millions you don't know it's nonsense.

But the fact still stands that a very very very large number of people used it as their excuse to ignore the rules with the irony of calling him out for it.

"

When we were in lockdown the place was like a ghost town.

Hardly any one on the roads or walking around.

So the notion that millions of people ignored the rules is a complete fallacy .

Also why the figures go down during lockdown?

Cos so many people ignored the rules?

Figures are only going up because the restrictions have been lifted.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Figures are only going up because the restrictions have been lifted."

You are really reading the wrong news.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

What Cummings did didnt give legitimacy to people to do the same.

What it did was reinforce the notion that they could do tur fuck what they wanted, and didnt give a toss what the public thought.

Some of us knew that anyway.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

You are really reading the wrong news."

So lockdown didnt work?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The fact of the matter is Margaret Ferrier is a elected MP

She broke the rules/law and nicola sturgeon throw her out of the party straight away.(compare that to boris the buffoon actions) The likelihood is she will quite rightly resign as a MP if not the law will criminalise her for breaking isolation laws and she will lose her position as a MP.

Cummings who is not a elected person broke the rules in the very same way...and was afforded his very own press conference to give his sad story of why he broke the rules which was a complete farce.

Escaped dangerous driving charges and is still in his position.

He will never be forgotten for that and never should be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Figures are only going up because the restrictions have been lifted."

what i am taking from what cat is saying (and tend to agree with) is numbers have risen since restrictions were loosened BECAUSE when given an inch people took a mile and using cummings to justify their bending of rules to themselves

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

what i am taking from what cat is saying (and tend to agree with) is numbers have risen since restrictions were loosened BECAUSE when given an inch people took a mile and using cummings to justify their bending of rules to themselves "

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

If you look on Amazon you can get a Cummings Dart Board.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The fact of the matter is Margaret Ferrier is a elected MP

She broke the rules/law and nicola sturgeon throw her out of the party straight away.(compare that to boris the buffoon actions) The likelihood is she will quite rightly resign as a MP if not the law will criminalise her for breaking isolation laws and she will lose her position as a MP.

Cummings who is not a elected person broke the rules in the very same way...and was afforded his very own press conference to give his sad story of why he broke the rules which was a complete farce.

He will never be forgotten for that and never should be."

guy fawkes is cancelled in most cities this year shall we give cummings his day and burn figures of him instead?

absolutely what he did was wrong, it was swept under the carpet when it shouldnt have been ... the entire thing was terribly handled

however in terms of it never being forgotten... the majority of times i see it brought up now is not to condemn his actions but to compare and justify someone elses ... if that is the legacy impact of remembering then actually i think it is better off forgotten and moved on from now because its not a helpful narrative and keeping it current just lets more people convince themselves its justification to do as they please

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

guy fawkes is cancelled in most cities this year shall we give cummings his day and burn figures of him instead?

absolutely what he did was wrong, it was swept under the carpet when it shouldnt have been ... the entire thing was terribly handled

however in terms of it never being forgotten... the majority of times i see it brought up now is not to condemn his actions but to compare and justify someone elses ... if that is the legacy impact of remembering then actually i think it is better off forgotten and moved on from now because its not a helpful narrative and keeping it current just lets more people convince themselves its justification to do as they please "

Well said. My whole point.

We could also have Birthday Pinata's with I hate Cummings toys dropping out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

however in terms of it never being forgotten... the majority of times i see it brought up now is not to condemn his actions but to compare and justify someone elses ... if that is the legacy impact of remembering then actually i think it is better off forgotten and moved on from now because its not a helpful narrative and keeping it current just lets more people convince themselves its justification to do as they please "

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

For the record I think what Ferrier did was very much worse than Cummings, yes the difference has been marked in how both their political bosses have handled the respective issues..

People were openly breaking the guidance/laws on this site which remains a small percentage of the population before Cummings..

And yes there are differences in the positions of the above and the average Joe/Joanne..

Let's face it there's not many who will whilst holding a poorly loved ones hand they have given the virus too say sorry I caught it and passed it on when I went out because of Cummings or now Ferrier..

But for some the way the former was so badly dealt with will give a cop out and there's many more who will have used other equally tenuous ones to try and justify what they do..

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"For the record I think what Ferrier did was very much worse than Cummings, yes the difference has been marked in how both their political bosses have handled the respective issues..

People were openly breaking the guidance/laws on this site which remains a small percentage of the population before Cummings..

And yes there are differences in the positions of the above and the average Joe/Joanne..

Let's face it there's not many who will whilst holding a poorly loved ones hand they have given the virus too say sorry I caught it and passed it on when I went out because of Cummings or now Ferrier..

But for some the way the former was so badly dealt with will give a cop out and there's many more who will have used other equally tenuous ones to try and justify what they do.."

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"For the record I think what Ferrier did was very much worse than Cummings, yes the difference has been marked in how both their political bosses have handled the respective issues..

But for some the way the former was so badly dealt with will give a cop out and there's many more who will have used other equally tenuous ones to try and justify what they do.."

Are people really that thick?

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

" Are people really that thick?"

Sadly lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But for some the way the former was so badly dealt with will give a cop out and there's many more who will have used other equally tenuous ones to try and justify what they do..Are people really that thick?"

i don't think its a case of thick or stupidity... they know full well that what he did was wrong and what they are doing is wrong but they will do it anyway

not sure what the term would be (selfish kind of fits but not what i am looking for) ... its more a sense of self entitlement that they will hang on to any thread to justify

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

But for some the way the former was so badly dealt with will give a cop out and there's many more who will have used other equally tenuous ones to try and justify what they do..Are people really that thick?"

Yes, I would say there are some that are and I base that on professional experiences of dealing with emergency incidents..

Other professions such as Police and ambulance/A&E staff will probably have met some in their time for whom that description would also apply..

Reply privately