Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

How easy it spreads

Jump to newest

By *oggone OP   Man
over a year ago

Derry

This was released by the health executive in Ireland yesterday, it's a real case.

A couple went for a weekend away. One of them had Covid at the time.

On day 1 they attended a house party. 6/8 were positive.

They stayed overnight with a family, and 3/4 were positive. An additional 3 social contacts of this family became positive

On day 2 one of them went for a dinner party. 4/4 were positive.

The table adjacent to them had 6 people. 6/6 were positive. 4 staff were positive.

After dinner one of them went for drinks with friends. 4/4 were positive.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yeah....from official irish government body.... bound to be true

they never talk shyte or fearmonger.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"This was released by the health executive in Ireland yesterday, it's a real case.

They stayed overnight with a family, and 3/4 were positive. An additional 3 social contacts of this family became positive

The table adjacent to them had 6 people. 6/6 were positive. 4 staff were positive.

After dinner one of them went for drinks with friends. 4/4 were positive. "

Have any of the positives died?

By *eep.Man
over a year ago

Just a background character

A couple goes for a weekend away and on day 2 only one of them goes to a dinner party? aye Ok

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

[Removed by poster at 01/10/20 09:04:43]

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

That’s why we are hiding behind our sofa you can’t be to careful

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"This was released by the health executive in Ireland yesterday, it's a real case.

Have any of the positives died?"

Possibly not but they may turn into long haulers not being able to work for months to come. Having to re-learn how to walk/ feed/ talk. Death isn’t the only outcome that is devastating.

over a year ago

here

While the ability of covid to spread quickly and easily is not to be dismissed or taken lightly, we have to learn to live with it - we can't shut down and hide away from it.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Was it jeremy corbyn?

By *oggone OP   Man
over a year ago

Derry

"Yeah....from official irish government body.... bound to be true

they never talk shyte or fearmonger. "

"It's television ffs. Entertainment and brain washing! Turn the telly off! .... The truth rarely gets broadcasted on television"

So youtube then?

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

The OP post is "his version" of the "newspapers version" of the story

The story is true but this isn't a true summary.

By *oggone OP   Man
over a year ago

Derry

"The OP post is "his version" of the "newspapers version" of the story

The story is true but this isn't a true summary."

The information supplied in my original post is directly from the Dept of Health. You can see the video from RTE yourself on Richard Chambers Twitter account. Do you have additional information?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

He is talking about how it spreads. I wonder why you ask the question?

over a year ago

Possibly not but they may turn into long haulers not being able to work for months to come. Having to re-learn how to walk/ feed/ talk. Death isn’t the only outcome that is devastating. "

What's the percentage likelihood of long covid then?

Oh and I don't mean the mild stuff I mean the stuff you describe, learning to walk and talk again, how many of them are we likely to see from this case?.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

Possibly not but they may turn into long haulers not being able to work for months to come. Having to re-learn how to walk/ feed/ talk. Death isn’t the only outcome that is devastating. "

Kate Garraway mentioned this this morning and how maybe she should show the people who think this is something everyone will get over if they are fit and well should see pics of her husband right this minute as they would be shocked.

I think people should also remember that people who do die of it shouldn't be passed off as because of underlying conditions or because they are "old " They are people who may well have lived for longer

over a year ago

"

Possibly not but they may turn into long haulers not being able to work for months to come. Having to re-learn how to walk/ feed/ talk. Death isn’t the only outcome that is devastating.

Kate Garraway mentioned this this morning and how maybe she should show the people who think this is something everyone will get over if they are fit and well should see pics of her husband right this minute as they would be shocked.

I think people should also remember that people who do die of it shouldn't be passed off as because of underlying conditions or because they are "old " They are people who may well have lived for longer

"

The NHS do cost outcome all day and have done for ever, there's drugs that could save 50 people a year but there not available because the cost outweighs the benefit, this disease is no different, outcomes have to be weighed up against costs.

that's life and death in this case

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

And none of them had any symptoms,

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

The NHS do cost outcome all day and have done for ever, there's drugs that could save 50 people a year but there not available because the cost outweighs the benefit, this disease is no different, outcomes have to be weighed up against costs.

that's life and death in this case"

Have you quoted the wrong person as that makes no sense in relation to my post

By *ountry Boy FreshMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

I feel a real negative vibe on this thread.

over a year ago

"

"

The last time I read about Kate Garraways husband he was in a coma and the prognosis for him was bleak. That was a while ago..It's very sad and brings home the seriousness of the pandemic and why we should all do our bit to stop the spread.

This is a good thread the OP has started. Looking at the figures he quotes, tells us how scarily easy it is for Covid to spread.

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"The OP post is "his version" of the "newspapers version" of the story

The story is true but this isn't a true summary.

The information supplied in my original post is directly from the Dept of Health. You can see the video from RTE yourself on Richard Chambers Twitter account. Do you have additional information?"

The Irish times " version" amongst others

A case of how one couple’s weekend away resulted in 30 cases was among the examples of recent clusters outlined by the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) on Wednesday.

Dr Breda Smyth of Director of Public Health at HSE West cited a cluster of 30 cases which arose after a young couple went away for a weekend and attended a house party. This resulted in six to eight cases, and cases in three to four households. On the second day of their trip, they went with friends to a town centre, resulting in four more cases.

The pair attended a bar, where six people at an adjacent table, and four staff, tested positive. They then went on to a “drinks venue”, where four more cases occurred.

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Sorry I forgot the link

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/how-one-couple-s-weekend-away-resulted-in-30-covid-19-cases-1.4368824?mode=amp

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Fuck... just got out under the sofa for a first time in 6 months, and come across this fresh info. Going under for another year at least.

By *oggone OP   Man
over a year ago

Derry

"

The last time I read about Kate Garraways husband he was in a coma and the prognosis for him was bleak. That was a while ago..It's very sad and brings home the seriousness of the pandemic and why we should all do our bit to stop the spread.

This is a good thread the OP has started. Looking at the figures he quotes, tells us how scarily easy it is for Covid to spread. "

The big takeaway for me is that we still can't go back to how we did things pre covid. The more people you mix with increases the risk. It's just not possible to be lucky all the time.

over a year ago

here

He is talking about how it spreads. I wonder why you ask the question?"

My follow up post gives an indication of why I asked, the gist of which is I think we have to learn to live with covid, it's not going away any time soon.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Yeah....from official irish government body.... bound to be true

they never talk shyte or fearmonger. "

What have the Irish done?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Was it jeremy corbyn? "

I believe a couple is 2.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've had a few friends cancel coffee dates recently because they've been in contact with a person who's tested positive. What brings me up short is the number of people they've been in contact with in the interim between the person getting the test and the result.

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"Fuck... just got out under the sofa for a first time in 6 months, and come across this fresh info. Going under for another year at least. "

Feel free, or simply follow the recommendations of wash your hands, maintain 2m where possible and wear a face covering where necessary. Your choice obviously.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 01/10/20 11:25:23]

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

My follow up post gives an indication of why I asked, the gist of which is I think we have to learn to live with covid, it's not going away any time soon. "

Not really. That looked more like an added on post to make your first one less harsh.

Your first post was asking how many people had died, as if to say as long as people don't die we will all be OK. Not everyone will be.

I do agree we have probably got to learn to live with it, but being reminded of how it spreads is not a bad thing, nor is being reminded that there may not always be a good outcome

By *aughtyBlokeKentMan
over a year ago

Kent/Gatwick area

"

Oh and I don't mean the mild stuff I mean the stuff you describe, learning to walk and talk again, how many of them are we likely to see from this case?."

That's precisely the problem - nobody knows. It's a new virus. Apart from anything else, there's a recognised risk of ANY cases (asymptomatic included) developing into pulmonary fibrosis due to the immune reaction. That's a long term terminal illness with no useful treatment other than lung transplant. You may have merely a cough now, be on oxygen in 10 years and suffocate in 15 years. We have no way of knowing how many will be affected in such ways. Time will tell.

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"Fuck... just got out under the sofa for a first time in 6 months, and come across this fresh info. Going under for another year at least.

Feel free, or simply follow the recommendations of wash your hands, maintain 2m where possible and wear a face covering where necessary. Your choice obviously."

Excuse our sarcasm, but absolutely fed up with all the scary stories and tactics used all over the place. We have lost a close friend to the virus. Our parents are in their 70's and not exactly in the less risky group, yet we are refusing to pay attention to (if that's remotely possible lately) all the bulshit that goes around.

Of course we follow the recommendations as much as we can, but that doesn't mean we agree with most of the strategies being used all over the world.

over a year ago

here

My follow up post gives an indication of why I asked, the gist of which is I think we have to learn to live with covid, it's not going away any time soon.

Not really. That looked more like an added on post to make your first one less harsh.

Your first post was asking how many people had died, as if to say as long as people don't die we will all be OK. Not everyone will be.

I do agree we have probably got to learn to live with it, but being reminded of how it spreads is not a bad thing, nor is being reminded that there may not always be a good outcome

"

I followed up on my post as I didn't want to reply to the person who had replied to my post.

over a year ago

Rubbish

over a year ago

"

Oh and I don't mean the mild stuff I mean the stuff you describe, learning to walk and talk again, how many of them are we likely to see from this case?.

That's precisely the problem - nobody knows. It's a new virus. Apart from anything else, there's a recognised risk of ANY cases (asymptomatic included) developing into pulmonary fibrosis due to the immune reaction. That's a long term terminal illness with no useful treatment other than lung transplant. You may have merely a cough now, be on oxygen in 10 years and suffocate in 15 years. We have no way of knowing how many will be affected in such ways. Time will tell. "

Well there's lots of things we don't know but we don't go around ruining stuff we do know keeps millions of people alive, happy, fed,watered and doctored.

Time is critical in this I'm afraid, we ain't going to have an NHS to solve problems with without a working economy.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I followed up on my post as I didn't want to reply to the person who had replied to my post.

"

That seems a pointless exercise as no one will know who you are answering. Maybe just don't answer at all

It still doesn't answer why you asked the question, was it to say well as long as they are not dead ?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"

that's life and death in this case"

Or people could be a bit more careful about spreading it and then there is no NHS involvement at all... And benefits all round? Or is it more complicated than that?

over a year ago

"

that's life and death in this case

Or people could be a bit more careful about spreading it and then there is no NHS involvement at all... And benefits all round? Or is it more complicated than that? "

Why has it started to spread again now. People have been ignoring the rules since the lifting of lockdown without an uptick in cases.

The fact cases have started to go up again once kids went back to school, people returned to work, and students returned to universities is just pure coincidence.

over a year ago

here

[Removed by poster at 01/10/20 12:29:37]

By *hestercplCouple
over a year ago

chester

Doesn’t say how many were positive from same source though does it ?

over a year ago

here

That seems a pointless exercise as no one will know who you are answering. Maybe just don't answer at all

It still doesn't answer why you asked the question, was it to say well as long as they are not dead ? "

No

By *hestercplCouple
over a year ago

chester

Cornwalls example loads of people been there in holiday season no big swing in cases though

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"Cornwalls example loads of people been there in holiday season no big swing in cases though"

most people going away on holiday to cornwall probably kept themselves to themselves. Rented accommodation and the occasional meal out. The situation mentioned above is a case with lots of social interaction with various groups.

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

My follow up post gives an indication of why I asked, the gist of which is I think we have to learn to live with covid, it's not going away any time soon. "

If it spreads rapidly then death rate will increase. It's amazing that people don't grasp the implications of exponential growth.

2 weeks ago there were just under 1,000 in hospital. today 2,300 with 71 deaths. That is not far of doubling every 10 days. 90 days until xmas...

10 days - 5k

20 days - 10k

30 days - 20k

40 days - 40k

50 days - 80k

60 days - 160k

70 days - 320k

80 days - 640k

90 days - 1280k (also 35k deaths a day)

of course, that won't actually happen because:

1. herd immunity will start to reduce transmission so doubling might be every 2 or 3 weeks.

2. We'll be in full lockdown way before then

3. Rule of 6 and similar measures will reduce transmission.

So yes, we do need to learn to live with it but only with measures in place to protect it getting completely out of control. Something that some just don't seem to understand.

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

It saddens me to read (here, and on other threads re covid19) that some people seem to think that if the deaths of a relatively few people is the price of doing business to get things back to normal, then we should accept it.

EVERY life is important.....EVERY SINGLE ONE. There is NO price on a human life, none what so ever.

We should be looking at ways to prevent as many deaths as possible from covid19 AND any other life threatening illness.

The cost of allowing anyone to die cannot be measured in financial terms, it can only be measured by how much we are dehumanised by just shrugging off their passing.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Just watching Italy on the tv they seem to have got a handle on it by most of the population following the rules.

over a year ago

"Just watching Italy on the tv they seem to have got a handle on it by most of the population following the rules."

And an effective track and trace. Testing of schoolchildren with a 90 minute result turn around.

I'd say the vest majority of people in the UK are following the rules.

We are not managing the latter measures.

By *otmale5Man
over a year ago

glasgow

I’m confused .. was it the same person who went to dinner that akso later went out drinking . Or was it the other person who did, so why did the partner not go for dinner or drinks ..

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Why did the couple go away for the weekend if one of them had Covid ?

If four waiters in the restaurant were positive couldn't they have infected the six diners on the next table ?

over a year ago

Government's never provide any evidence for this kind of garbage

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Just watching Italy on the tv they seem to have got a handle on it by most of the population following the rules.

And an effective track and trace. Testing of schoolchildren with a 90 minute result turn around.

We are not managing the latter measures."

A faster less accurate test i wonder what would be the outcry if we had gone down that route? people isolating with a false positive. I personally think going by the people interviewed that they are more compliant to the rules and as a lot have their grandparents living in the same household there is more peer pressure on the younger generation not to attend mass gatherings.The high death rate and total lockdown has scared the shit out of them.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

The track and trace which discovered all this has done an excellent job. My daughter got a positive result last Friday and no one has contacted her yet.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The track and trace which discovered all this has done an excellent job. My daughter got a positive result last Friday and no one has contacted her yet. "
I hope she doesnt suffer too much and has contacted anyone she knows that have been in contact with her.

over a year ago

"Just watching Italy on the tv they seem to have got a handle on it by most of the population following the rules.

We are not managing the latter measures.A faster less accurate test i wonder what would be the outcry if we had gone down that route? people isolating with a false positive. I personally think going by the people interviewed that they are more compliant to the rules and as a lot have their grandparents living in the same household there is more peer pressure on the younger generation not to attend mass gatherings.The high death rate and total lockdown has scared the shit out of them. "

So Italy are using a less accurate testing system ?. Is that what you are suggesting.

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"Why did the couple go away for the weekend if one of them had Covid ?

If four waiters in the restaurant were positive couldn't they have infected the six diners on the next table ? "

Maybe they were asymptomatic. The very reason that covid spreads so quickly...

As for the waiters, possible they were already infected so just a coincidence.

over a year ago

If four waiters in the restaurant were positive couldn't they have infected the six diners on the next table ?

Maybe they were asymptomatic. The very reason that covid spreads so quickly...

As for the waiters, possible they were already infected so just a coincidence. "

I did wonder that. Unless the town was infection free I'm not sure how you could trace all these cases back to the one couple.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

It still doesn't answer why you asked the question, was it to say well as long as they are not dead ?

No

"

No worries if you don't want to answer

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

We are not managing the latter measures.A faster less accurate test i wonder what would be the outcry if we had gone down that route? people isolating with a false positive. I personally think going by the people interviewed that they are more compliant to the rules and as a lot have their grandparents living in the same household there is more peer pressure on the younger generation not to attend mass gatherings.The high death rate and total lockdown has scared the shit out of them.

So Italy are using a less accurate testing system ?. Is that what you are suggesting."

Its well documented that the 30 minute test is less accurate yes.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think it's interesting to look at the Diamond Princess where people were all mingling together until they were told to isolate and even though they were all mingling together all over the ship until then and after when isolating allowed out for a few few hours a day 6% in the end tested positive, if I remember the situation correctly.

That to me seems a surprisingly low statistic due to the fact that there was then had very little information about how it was spread or treated successfully at the time, and the travellers were contained on the same ship with known positives and I would expect asymptomatic people.

I would have expected the exponential growth to be much higher in such a situation.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

If it spreads rapidly then death rate will increase. It's amazing that people don't grasp the implications of exponential growth.

2 weeks ago there were just under 1,000 in hospital. today 2,300 with 71 deaths. That is not far of doubling every 10 days. 90 days until xmas...

10 days - 5k

20 days - 10k

30 days - 20k

40 days - 40k

50 days - 80k

60 days - 160k

70 days - 320k

80 days - 640k

90 days - 1280k (also 35k deaths a day)

of course, that won't actually happen because:

1. herd immunity will start to reduce transmission so doubling might be every 2 or 3 weeks.

2. We'll be in full lockdown way before then

3. Rule of 6 and similar measures will reduce transmission.

So yes, we do need to learn to live with it but only with measures in place to protect it getting completely out of control. Something that some just don't seem to understand."

. . . Exactly

over a year ago

We are not managing the latter measures.A faster less accurate test i wonder what would be the outcry if we had gone down that route? people isolating with a false positive. I personally think going by the people interviewed that they are more compliant to the rules and as a lot have their grandparents living in the same household there is more peer pressure on the younger generation not to attend mass gatherings.The high death rate and total lockdown has scared the shit out of them.

So Italy are using a less accurate testing system ?. Is that what you are suggesting.Its well documented that the 30 minute test is less accurate yes."

What about the 90 minute one Italy are using

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

So Italy are using a less accurate testing system ?. Is that what you are suggesting.Its well documented that the 30 minute test is less accurate yes.

What about the 90 minute one Italy are using"

hold on i will look for you.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

when i look i can only find info on italy 30 minute test seems there is no ifo on the 90 minute one so far.

over a year ago

"when i look i can only find info on italy 30 minute test seems there is no ifo on the 90 minute one so far."

I'm sure they mentioned 90 minutes on the BBC. I could be wrong, it's happened before.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"when i look i can only find info on italy 30 minute test seems there is no ifo on the 90 minute one so far.

I'm sure they mentioned 90 minutes on the BBC. I could be wrong, it's happened before."

There is a 90 minute nudgebox test but the problem with it is it can only process 16 tests a day the nhs has them but they are not viable to test great numbers a day.

over a year ago

Just checked on the BBC website. Yep I'm wrong again it's 30 minutes. Apologies

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Just checked on the BBC website. Yep I'm wrong again it's 30 minutes. Apologies"
No problem

over a year ago

here

"

No

No worries if you don't want to answer"

It's a part of the equation that would be interesting to know...

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

How easy it spreads

I keep thinking of an ad for butter

Humour is good

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

I hope many read this and take note thanks for posting

By *oggone OP   Man
over a year ago

Derry

If four waiters in the restaurant were positive couldn't they have infected the six diners on the next table ? "

The initial patient zero in this cluster was asymptomatic.

By *i1971Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

"Cornwalls example loads of people been there in holiday season no big swing in cases though

most people going away on holiday to cornwall probably kept themselves to themselves. Rented accommodation and the occasional meal out. The situation mentioned above is a case with lots of social interaction with various groups."

Sadly that's far from the truth. The tourist hot spots have been overrun with tourists with streets, pubs & restaurants very busy. Our numbers are now steadily rising and I thought if I heard the news correctly, Cornwall was now the hotspot in the SW.

Many locals were keeping away from the tourist areas though which may be some help.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Testing positive is not the same as actually getting a Covid 19 infection though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeqGtyptonI

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Assuming they were social distancing at most of those events, and presuming no social contact at all with the table next to them (that all six tested positive), this seems to me that possibly that social distancing doesn't actually hinder spread.

over a year ago

"It saddens me to read (here, and on other threads re covid19) that some people seem to think that if the deaths of a relatively few people is the price of doing business to get things back to normal, then we should accept it.

EVERY life is important.....EVERY SINGLE ONE. There is NO price on a human life, none what so ever.

We should be looking at ways to prevent as many deaths as possible from covid19 AND any other life threatening illness.

The cost of allowing anyone to die cannot be measured in financial terms, it can only be measured by how much we are dehumanised by just shrugging off their passing. "

By *oggone OP   Man
over a year ago

Derry

Assuming they were social distancing at most of those events, and presuming no social contact at all with the table next to them (that all six tested positive), this seems to me that possibly that social distancing doesn't actually hinder spread."

All the steps we have been advised of, masks, sanitising and distance only reduce, not eliminate the risk. Environment is also a huge factor, you're safer outside than inside and the type of ventilation indoors also changes things.

Whilst I don't know for sure I'm assuming they were not masked given they were eating and drinking.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Whilst I don't know for sure I'm assuming they were not masked given they were eating and drinking."

It would be quite tricky to eat and drink wearing a mask.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Or they might just take a couple of paracetamol , have a nap and be tickety boo

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Why does it matter how fast it spreads as long as the NHS is not overwhelmed?

Lockdowns and social distancing merely alter the speed of transmission (unless you live on an island with no access to the rest of the world). So please explain how slowing the spread affects the ultimate endpoint (especially for a disease that 99.97% of people survive and most do not know that they have it). Sweden have already proved the case.

Lockdowns do of course kill those who can't get NHS tests and treatments though. SAGE have estimated an extra 75,000 deaths because of this. Please explain why it's OK for these people to die?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Why does it matter how fast it spreads as long as the NHS is not overwhelmed?

Lockdowns and social distancing merely alter the speed of transmission (unless you live on an island with no access to the rest of the world). So please explain how slowing the spread affects the ultimate endpoint (especially for a disease that 99.97% of people survive and most do not know that they have it). Sweden have already proved the case.

Lockdowns do of course kill those who can't get NHS tests and treatments though. SAGE have estimated an extra 75,000 deaths because of this. Please explain why it's OK for these people to die?"

You keep repeating your figure of 99.97%. I haven't been able to find any evidence of that. Would you mind sharing where you get your 99.97 per cent figure from?

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

The UK government website says 0.5% - 1% which is still very low.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 03/10/20 10:09:10]

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"The UK government website says 0.5% - 1% which is still very low. "

That's an average, taking into account all ages and mostly people already dying of other things as fit healthy people are least likely to be tested. For my age / health profile it’s 1 in 216,000 which is so minute , the same odds as dying from a road traffic accident driving to work and back

over a year ago

Hi Op

I don't understand why single are still meeting if they are not in relationship. It was made illegal for 2 people from different house holds to meet for sex back in June.

Is there nothing for us singletons to enjoy.

How fast it spreads, people are now catching it with no symptoms so I read.

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

"It saddens me to read (here, and on other threads re covid19) that some people seem to think that if the deaths of a relatively few people is the price of doing business to get things back to normal, then we should accept it.

The cost of allowing anyone to die cannot be measured in financial terms, it can only be measured by how much we are dehumanised by just shrugging unfortunatelyoff their passing. "

Unfortunately this is not true. There is always a price on a human life. Some life's are considered to be worth more than others but there is always a price.

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Or they might just take a couple of paracetamol , have a nap and be tickety boo "

Let's hope you can tell us if it works very soon

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

Lockdowns do of course kill those who can't get NHS tests and treatments though. SAGE have estimated an extra 75,000 deaths because of this. Please explain why it's OK for these people to die?"

"....Lockdowns and social distancing merely alter the speed of transmission..."

---------------------

Any measure that reduces the speed of transmission is a good thing.

"...Sweden have already proved the case...."

Yes Sweden has proven that by not locking down you end up with a high number of infections and many deaths. They have had the worst outcome among the Nordic countries - that's what they've proved by not locking down.

Currently Sweden is experiencing Higher new daily infections compared to its next door neighbours. Sweden's daily new cases are higher than Norway and Finland combined.

By *arahspiceCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Those figures are way out

Think you need a new calculator or a better crystal ball x

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Hi Op

I don't understand why single are still meeting if they are not in relationship. It was made illegal for 2 people from different house holds to meet for sex back in June.

Is there nothing for us singletons to enjoy.

How fast it spreads, people are now catching it with no symptoms so I read. "

People have always been asymptomatic with it. The last I saw was still 80 to 90 percent of people testing positive are asymptomatic. That's been the case since March. As an example of the 770 students tested positive. 78 had symptoms. The rest were asymptomatic. Which is why we need to reduce infections spreading. Just because tobias doesn't show symptoms... When he does his grannie beryl's shopping... He could give her something very harmful to her.

Post new Message to Thread