Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Is it so hard to comprehend ?

Jump to newest

By *eddy and legs OP   Couple
over a year ago

the wetlands

The scientists are trying to find a way of living with the virus until such time as the find a permanent solution.

The draconian lockdown put the brakes on the spread

Now we have lifted and reimposed some restrictions and they monitor the infection, hospitalisations and deaths and who is being infected and how

It's all part of a big picture that some people seem incapable of understanding.

Playing our part in doing the right thing makes this process work and will lead to a quicker return to a new normality with more freedoms but like most good things it comes at a short term cost for long term gain

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Spot on. Hear hear

By *kippy321Man
over a year ago

london

True

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"The scientists are trying to find a way of living with the virus until such time as the find a permanent solution.

Now we have lifted and reimposed some restrictions and they monitor the infection, hospitalisations and deaths and who is being infected and how

It's all part of a big picture that some people seem incapable of understanding.

Playing our part in doing the right thing makes this process work and will lead to a quicker return to a new normality with more freedoms but like most good things it comes at a short term cost for long term gain"

For some people, yes, way too hard to understand. They just bang on about it being like flu and then doing daft comparisons that can be easily shot down.

They don't understand exponential growth either. Cases are rising and rising quickly but that doesn't mean masks or other restricting don't work.

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

Wholeheartedly agree

over a year ago

Absolutely right.

over a year ago

Very well said

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"The scientists are trying to find a way of living with the virus until such time as the find a permanent solution.

Playing our part in doing the right thing makes this process work and will lead to a quicker return to a new normality with more freedoms but like most good things it comes at a short term cost for long term gain"

Completely agree

over a year ago

Exactly right

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

The wait for Scientists to help us out I fear will be quite a while yet.. despite the fact both Trump and Boris suggest it will be much sooner ! Lets face it ! the human race let itself down and pretty much did as Darwin always said they have/would/do .

We had a simple but not nice lockdown and things were going pretty well werent they . not for the economy granted ! .. the government took the brakes off to boost the economy and everyone acted like nothing had happened .

People went on daytrips to the coast in the North E and the N west areas the beaches on the south coast were literally full of idiots who wanted to self sabotage themselves and their families just to get a tan .. now we find all those areas are now with high rates of the virus again .. people went on holiday abroad quite why I dont understand! .. and the rate of the virus went up again in those areas after they had gone! .. and people had parties and carried on hugging and kissing and dancing in the street etc .. because they felt like a great weight had been lifted and everything was okay because the government said so ! .. and then they opened up schools and later even the Universities ( adopting very much the 'herd' mentality they originally had in March about the strongest surviving! Oh and also all the income the Universities would lose if they didn't .. now everyone just wants to go home and get their money back!

but it wasn't okay was it and people are now getting sick again and liberties are being cut again only now it will be slower and much more intense with military enforcment if necessary . Given so many people are going to lose their jobs in November .. what is more than likley is a curfew to stop trouble at night I should think and to maximise the use of a very limited police force .. Its not unimaginable to see a 10pm curfew for us all not just pubs in the next few months.. it will stop civil unrest and general potential to riot ! Now we are about to find out once again if the next wave is going to be a difficult one and whether we will cope . Who knows !

We may .. and we may not have it worse than last time .. though we are now being warned of a THIRD wave that we are getting in a few months again into the new year ..

Yet . people will still not mask, will insist on being with friends and family and act like utter idiots when they are allowed to go out for a beer .. our next generation of brightest and best seem to think they are invincible and that the virus will only impact anyone over 50 so they dont seem to care .. at least that's what the behaviour suggests at the moment ..

We were locked down and in my opinion should have remained locked down fairly strictly ..if jobs were lost then the plan ( as we currently have it) to retrain is a good 'workable ' idea .. fact is some jobs are now going to be finished some industries will die.. because they need to . we have to learn to work better, smarter and safer and most of that will at least for now be using IT and more than likely indoors ..We cant expect things to stay as they are .. evolution is saying otherwise isnt it ! if mankind doesnt stop courting and teasing this virus it will get the better of us .. and that will be a big problem .. perhaos you could say if mankind adopts that kind of approach then it deserves to be made extinct .. and the strongest, wisest and those who had the common sense to avoid exposure to the virus will be the next version of 'us' .. If I am wrong and all this is some big con or not as bad as everyone suggests it is .. then great .. but I really doubt it !

sorry for the rant but am getting really tired of arguing with people I know who are treating this like its a game and even more wound up by the number of people on here who still have on their profiles that they are meeting for sex with other people WHY? unless its very safe and very social distancing focussed you may as well not bother ? Anyway why do you think you should be allowed to? Its just pure selishness to my mind ! .. simply put.. please consider at least stop doing it and stay home and have a wank/cyber if you are on your own or try to enjoy your own partner again if you have one instead of someone else's .. might be fun! .. your kids and your grandparents will thank you !

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

Good post

It's a rubbish situation, but the people getting cross and acting like they're the victims of a conspiracy are helping absolutely no one.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

It won't 'work' though & there is no permanent solution. This is what many are incapable of understanding. All it does is delay the inevitable outcome which wrecks the economy further & kills more people long-term.

Kicks the can down the road.

over a year ago

I'd rather take my chances with a virus that kills 0.3% than have this lot in charge of anything let alone a country.

Everyday on here it gets more like the wicker Man meets 1984

over a year ago

the wetlands

"I'd rather take my chances with a virus that kills 0.3% than have this lot in charge of anything let alone a country.

Everyday on here it gets more like the wicker Man meets 1984 "

And that folks is why we will have tighter restrictions.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 30/09/20 13:49:21]

over a year ago

"I'd rather take my chances with a virus that kills 0.3% than have this lot in charge of anything let alone a country.

And that folks is why we will have tighter restrictions."

I only said that halibut was good enough for Jehova

By *ebel Red HotWoman
over a year ago

York

Some many people thinking its all about me and fuck the rest of you in society its sad really the selfishness in the world.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

The virus is real but hardly a threat to the vast majority considering most of the deaths are over 80 plus ,and we feel the majority are more at risk from not getting diagnosed with life threatening illness such as Cancer, heart disease which seems to have been forgotten

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

I

I disagree with the "some people seem incapable of understanding."

I believe they do understand and that the frustration comes from the changing goalposts.

Boris Johnson stood there and said unfortunately we will loose people but we can't overwhelm the NHS. Awful but clear back in March.

Then the nightingales were never used, the NHS was never overwhelmed and lockdown measures continue despite the facts that the NHS is not overwhelmed and the Nightingale hospitals are stood empty.

This is a no win situation,

Bigger than just health v wealth as they are twisted so tight together at numerous levels.

I personally am happy to stay at home and avoid people. I have that luxury

Many people do not have my luxury, they face hardship (financial, employment security, mental impacts, other medical concerns, etc, etc, etc) and then there are always rebels, deniers and other groups.

I dont think there's a single approach to dealing with a worldwide pandemic and I'm fortunate that I don't have to make those decisions.

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

I wont repeat what others have said . However, suffice it to say the ' facts' are in fact not true in most cases you quote .. and anyway even if one person dies of flu or otherwise thats still too many isnt it ?

It is sadly so very easy to be hoodwinked by a lot of the people on social media .

One point you do make which does ring true however is the one involving civil liberties ( not heard of any detention centres , though I can easily see them building more prisons because so many people are breaking the law in general and wont stop) .. However, that wasn't my point .

Have athink about this .. the rules that are being brought in are getting tighter .. we have moved on from ' Stay home and blah blah the virus' to a far more direct ' Idf you don't .. there will be consequences' approach .. Now tell me .. why do you think that is ? Could it be perhaps because people are not listening ..lets call them the ' 'Only 3% of people die from this' crew. They clearly wont follow the rules, have no intention of it .. so we all suffer! I suggest if people actually were good girls and boys and did what they were told we might have a chanceat getting things back to normal .. unfortunately they wont .. so mark my words no one will be allowed outside after 10pm unless for work or emergencies by the end of October ! and that will last until Spring when the evenings get more light again .. its the only way the police have of 'managing' a populatiuon hell bent on breaking the rules .. it goes back to how things were in wartime ..

Now all tnhat could change if people stopped insisting on meeting , doing the stuff that isnt sensible to do and pretend that they are invincible ..

I predict no Trick or treat, Bonfire night or indeed Christmas and New year festivities and celabrations such as we have known before ..

Folow the rules .. just because .

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

"The virus is real but hardly a threat to the vast majority considering most of the deaths are over 80 plus ,and we feel the majority are more at risk from not getting diagnosed with life threatening illness such as Cancer, heart disease which seems to have been forgotten "

No that's entirely wrong .. and that's the problem with this .. those things by the way you quote cant be treated until people stop overburdening the health service and taking up beds etc .. the waiting list is getting huge because people simply wont learn to behave themselves

over a year ago

Broadstairs

"I wont repeat what others have said . However, suffice it to say the ' facts' are in fact not true in most cases you quote .. and anyway even if one person dies of flu or otherwise thats still too many isnt it ?

It is sadly so very easy to be hoodwinked by a lot of the people on social media .

One point you do make which does ring true however is the one involving civil liberties ( not heard of any detention centres , though I can easily see them building more prisons because so many people are breaking the law in general and wont stop) .. However, that wasn't my point .

Have athink about this .. the rules that are being brought in are getting tighter .. we have moved on from ' Stay home and blah blah the virus' to a far more direct ' Idf you don't .. there will be consequences' approach .. Now tell me .. why do you think that is ? Could it be perhaps because people are not listening ..lets call them the ' 'Only 3% of people die from this' crew. They clearly wont follow the rules, have no intention of it .. so we all suffer! I suggest if people actually were good girls and boys and did what they were told we might have a chanceat getting things back to normal .. unfortunately they wont .. so mark my words no one will be allowed outside after 10pm unless for work or emergencies by the end of October ! and that will last until Spring when the evenings get more light again .. its the only way the police have of 'managing' a populatiuon hell bent on breaking the rules .. it goes back to how things were in wartime ..

Now all tnhat could change if people stopped insisting on meeting , doing the stuff that isnt sensible to do and pretend that they are invincible ..

I predict no Trick or treat, Bonfire night or indeed Christmas and New year festivities and celabrations such as we have known before ..

Folow the rules .. just because . "

But Lockdown is not a cure and most people now realise that they personally have nothing to fear about getting Covid , in fact our biggest worry is getting any other serious illness because they are being ignored

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

But Lockdown is not a cure and most people now realise that they personally have nothing to fear about getting Covid , in fact our biggest worry is getting any other serious illness because they are being ignored

Erm.. are you sure? most people or at least anyone over 50 are a bit worried I think .

As I said we would be worried though about trying to treat other illnesses if people didn't keep extending the impact of this virus and maybe stop bringing it back again now would we?

common sense as far as Im concerned

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"The virus is real but hardly a threat to the vast majority considering most of the deaths are over 80 plus ,and we feel the majority are more at risk from not getting diagnosed with life threatening illness such as Cancer, heart disease which seems to have been forgotten "

So herd immunity..ones that dont make it ...if someone gets it treat it at home...open all ports and airports fully let the tourists in and the holidaymakers out..pubs clubs restaurants can be full..and back to school college and work as normal

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

And that folks is why we will have tighter restrictions."

Yes

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The virus is real but hardly a threat to the vast majority considering most of the deaths are over 80 plus ,and we feel the majority are more at risk from not getting diagnosed with life threatening illness such as Cancer, heart disease which seems to have been forgotten

So herd immunity..ones that dont make it ...if someone gets it treat it at home...open all ports and airports fully let the tourists in and the holidaymakers out..pubs clubs restaurants can be full..and back to school college and work as normal"

Just last week 200,000 children and young people were not in education UK wide because of the virus..

Also with higher case numbers and more requiring hospitalisation treating at home is simply impossible..

There's a way to go yet before we open up in any sense of the word..

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"

The virus is real.

What is also real is that some worrying things are going on in many areas (human rights,the judiciary,education etc etc)

Its likely they planned to do this anyway but its going under the radar due to covid.

I genuinely dont think a lot of people realise what we are sleepwalking into.

I don't think this Pandemic has made any government authoritarian but its certainly bringing it out in those that incline that way.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but there is so much stuff going on which is getting very little publicity due to covid."

I don't want to have this post banished to the politics forum but before the virus became the number one issue for us, there has been a lurch to the right and increase in populism.

A lot of the covid denial ism and anti mask has been driven by the far right to undermine democracy. Most of those that object and question the need to modify the way we live are useful idiots as opposed to true believers.

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

Thank you for killing my wife.

The problem is, as Prof Whitty said.... Its bit just you taking your chances. If we people at low risk decide we're not going to follow the new rules because "chances are it won't kill me" we will inevitably pass the virus onto people who are at risk.

There was a wedding a couple of months ago. 60 guests.... A few had covid.... Of the 60, 47 were infected and they passed it on to a further 170 people. 7 died. None of those 7 had attended the wedding or broken any of the rules.

Just think about that.

This is an act of collectivism.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"...The virus is real but hardly a threat to the vast majority..."

-------------------------------

The virus is a 'potential' threat to anyone who gets it.

Death is not the only consequence of covid. Some of those who recover end up suffering from 'Long Covid' - with long term health issues.

Long Covid is not exclusive to the old and vulnerable, it also affects the Young, Fit & Healthy.

These ‘Long Covid’ sufferers will then need NHS treatment..... which will require more time and resources from the NHS......which will then lead to longer waiting lists........which will then lead to more people being undiagnosed for other illness........which will in turn lead to even more people dying due to lack of treatment.

You say : "...we feel the majority are more at risk from not getting diagnosed with life threatening illness..".

Well that situation will get even *worse* if we don't take steps to control the spread of this virus.

over a year ago

Broadstairs

"The virus is real but hardly a threat to the vast majority considering most of the deaths are over 80 plus ,and we feel the majority are more at risk from not getting diagnosed with life threatening illness such as Cancer, heart disease which seems to have been forgotten

Death is not the only consequence of covid. Some of those who recover end up suffering from 'Long Covid' - with long term health issues.

Long Covid is not exclusive to the old and vulnerable, it also affects the Young, Fit & Healthy.

These ‘Long Covid’ sufferers will then need NHS treatment..... which will require more time and resources from the NHS......which will then lead to longer waiting lists........which will then lead to more people being undiagnosed for other illness........which will in turn lead to even more people dying due to lack of treatment.

You say : "...we feel the majority are more at risk from not getting diagnosed with life threatening illness..".

Well that situation will get even *worse* if we don't take steps to control the spread of this virus."

So ignore all life threatening illness just concentrate on Corona ?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Well that situation will get even *worse* if we don't take steps to control the spread of this virus. So ignore all life threatening illness just concentrate on Corona ? "

What life threatening illnesses are being ignored?

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

Well that situation will get even *worse* if we don't take steps to control the spread of this virus. So ignore all life threatening illness just concentrate on Corona ? "

"...So ignore all life threatening illness just concentrate on Corona ?..."

--------------------------

No, I didn't say that.

What I am saying is : By reducing the spread of the virus and subsequent hospitalisation of Corona patients, it will ease up resources on the NHS so that more attention can be given to treat people with other illness.

over a year ago

The problem is, as Prof Whitty said.... Its bit just you taking your chances. If we people at low risk decide we're not going to follow the new rules because "chances are it won't kill me" we will inevitably pass the virus onto people who are at risk.

There was a wedding a couple of months ago. 60 guests.... A few had covid.... Of the 60, 47 were infected and they passed it on to a further 170 people. 7 died. None of those 7 had attended the wedding or broken any of the rules.

Just think about that.

This is an act of collectivism. "

Oh no not the granny killer scenario, last week A 3 year old died from meningitis thanks for killing it with your streptococcus that 45% of the population harbor in they're throats, why don't you stick to obeying every rule I set out so that no more babies will ever die you mean mean person.

100,000 women missed there mammogram, 130,000 missed there smear, the NHS say there 6-9 months behind on cancer diagnosis in which early diagnosis is essential, 450 people a day die from cancer, where's that number going bearing in mind we were saving 2000 a day through early diagnosis???

Economic output dropped 28% in 6 months, 2-8 million people will lose there job at this rate, a whole generation of kids and teenagers have potentially ruined there education, depression is up, drug abuse up, alcoholism up, domestic abuse up, suicide up, crime up, heart disease up, fiscal deficits obliterated but I'm selfish because I'm not thinking about your wife??

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

Playing our part in doing the right thing makes this process work and will lead to a quicker return to a new normality with more freedoms but like most good things it comes at a short term cost for long term gain

For some people, yes, way too hard to understand. They just bang on about it being like flu and then doing daft comparisons that can be easily shot down.

They don't understand exponential growth either. Cases are rising and rising quickly but that doesn't mean masks or other restricting don't work. "

It's, not the flu. But why now cancel other major treatments or operations . I've just read if you are, a, woman over 70 and have, breast cancer you are unlikely to be treated at the moment. This, could in effect affect close to one million women. And, what the hospital now, sending anyone with none covid problems, away to other hospitals . You cannot start ignoring other treatments just because of covid. Science, has said many times masks are of little use. Its, a, little odd that since, the mask rule, was, brought in back in July things are now actually worse so it does, ask the, question are, they actually any good.

over a year ago

Well that situation will get even *worse* if we don't take steps to control the spread of this virus. So ignore all life threatening illness just concentrate on Corona ?

What life threatening illnesses are being ignored?"

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in April 2018 after going to a charity testing session that was held 3 times a year.

There’s been no sessions this year due to Covid.

My regular check up was delayed from April this year until two weeks ago. Luckily it hasn’t spread.

There’s a good chance others are not that lucky.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Agree 100%

over a year ago

This is what some scientists are advocating but not the majority( including me- scientific background). Living with the virus means it’s still going to kill between 1 and 200 to 1 and 300 people. The effect of Long Covid is yet unknown but hundreds of thousands of people will be affected by it if we lived with the virus.

Living with the virus means that we have given up on defeating it when other countries can do it.

Where is our fighting spirit to defeat this enemy.

UK and Ireland are island so an elimination strategy as advocated by the cross party committee on Covid is a practical solution.

We are probably going to need a full lockdown for 3-4 weeks again and

We are going to need testing to the level of the Asian countries - test contacts and contacts of contacts( or mass testing in an area) to keep a lid on transmission.

International travellers all need testing. Lockdown is the only weapon at the moment working - it’s crude but effective.

Fines should have been brought in months ago for breach of isolation rules.

Testing at the moment is hopeless as it is not breaking the chain of transmission efficiently enough- it’s too slow.

over a year ago

the wetlands

Just think about that.

Oh no not the granny killer scenario, last week A 3 year old died from meningitis thanks for killing it with your streptococcus that 45% of the population harbor in they're throats, why don't you stick to obeying every rule I set out so that no more babies will ever die you mean mean person.

100,000 women missed there mammogram, 130,000 missed there smear, the NHS say there 6-9 months behind on cancer diagnosis in which early diagnosis is essential, 450 people a day die from cancer, where's that number going bearing in mind we were saving 2000 a day through early diagnosis???

Economic output dropped 28% in 6 months, 2-8 million people will lose there job at this rate, a whole generation of kids and teenagers have potentially ruined there education, depression is up, drug abuse up, alcoholism up, domestic abuse up, suicide up, crime up, heart disease up, fiscal deficits obliterated but I'm selfish because I'm not thinking about your wife??

"

And if ANY of the figures you quote are in fact true that's all the more reason to knockle down and help speed up the process of controlling Covid.

Simple really

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Well that situation will get even *worse* if we don't take steps to control the spread of this virus. So ignore all life threatening illness just concentrate on Corona ?

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in April 2018 after going to a charity testing session that was held 3 times a year.

My regular check up was delayed from April this year until two weeks ago. Luckily it hasn’t spread.

There’s a good chance others are not that lucky."

Aah, I wish you well.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

But they have a backlog?

It's not like they are just being ignored surely?

If we dont have the resources to deal with both,they had a difficult decision to make.

over a year ago

Broadstairs

I know of 2 cancer sufferers who have died through cancelled appointments glad you are ok

over a year ago

But they have a backlog?

If we dont have the resources to deal with both,they had a difficult decision to make.

"

Yes they did. They chose Covid. Nothing I can do about that.

over a year ago

Just think about that.

"

Do you actually think the NHS are cancelling things for the fun of it? My local hospital was almost overwhelmed in the first Covid wave, they had to delay scheduled treatments to concentrate on those who were sickest, the same call they have to make year in year out. The more people break the rules, the more cases there will be, the more other treatments get delayed. It is so incredibly simple, do what you are asked, when you are asked, to help mitigate Covid and more people will be treated for other things.

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

Not sure if you are following the thread here ? No doubt your comments are correct .. However, I argue as do many others in here . If people had not blatantly broke the rules and took this much more seriously those operations would actually have gone ahead maybe? further that the reason we cant now schedule these kind of operations is because people have allowed the virus to spread by being selfish frankly .. and I doubt very much if anyone would disagree with me there .. if people had been acting more responsibly then we may not be in this situation now.. and that's the real issue here I feel .

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Just think about that.

"

Small price to pay, considering we are controlling the spread of the Virus. If it wasn't tragic it would have been funny.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

But they have a backlog?

Yes they did. They chose Covid. Nothing I can do about that."

Get well soon

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

I see plenty of people in my fab feed clearly requesting in person sex meets in their statuses.

And some actually wonder why infection rates are up.

Stop being selfish.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

But they have a backlog?

"

It’s important to remember all health trusts are not in the same situation. Some are delaying such treatments, some aren’t, it depends where in the country you are, what the resources are, and what is the local situation with covid. There are plenty of cancer treatments going ahead as normal, for example.

A key issue that is also conveniently ignored is that whenever appointments are cancelled due to Covid, the patient in question’s risk has been assessed by medical professionals, and the cancellation has been chosen as the path of least risk for that patient.

over a year ago

Whilst I agree with some of what you wrote, the figures and facts you mention are just what the government hope you'll believe.

So lets look at FACTS. 1500 people die each and every week in this country from flu, and have done since the mid 60's.

I think you should educate yourself on the Facts before you make such bold statements. 1500 per weekly deaths from flu, that's is you saying approx 72000 deaths per year from flu, hahahahaha you are either misinformed or not very good with facts and figures. Some years there are more deaths than the usual 8000 medium figures in the UK attributed to flu depending on circumstances that particular year. But the medium figure quoted is 8000 per year. 72000 haha some people!!

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Not sure if you are following the thread here ? No doubt your comments are correct .. However, I argue as do many others in here . If people had not blatantly broke the rules and took this much more seriously those operations would actually have gone ahead maybe? further that the reason we cant now schedule these kind of operations is because people have allowed the virus to spread by being selfish frankly .. and I doubt very much if anyone would disagree with me there .. if people had been acting more responsibly then we may not be in this situation now.. and that's the real issue here I feel ."

I completely agree with you, but some really don't get it

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Whilst I agree with some of what you wrote, the figures and facts you mention are just what the government hope you'll believe.

So lets look at FACTS. 1500 people die each and every week in this country from flu, and have done since the mid 60's.

I think you should educate yourself on the Facts before you make such bold statements. 1500 per weekly deaths from flu, that's is you saying approx 72000 deaths per year from flu, hahahahaha you are either misinformed or not very good with facts and figures. Some years there are more deaths than the usual 8000 medium figures in the UK attributed to flu depending on circumstances that particular year. But the medium figure quoted is 8000 per year. 72000 haha some people!! "

Where did you source your FACTS and figures, and where did you receive your training as a statistical health analyst?

over a year ago

Broadstairs

"Not sure if you are following the thread here ? No doubt your comments are correct .. However, I argue as do many others in here . If people had not blatantly broke the rules and took this much more seriously those operations would actually have gone ahead maybe? further that the reason we cant now schedule these kind of operations is because people have allowed the virus to spread by being selfish frankly .. and I doubt very much if anyone would disagree with me there .. if people had been acting more responsibly then we may not be in this situation now.. and that's the real issue here I feel .

I completely agree with you, but some really don't get it "

Spain had a really tough lockdown and the virus is still there

over a year ago

"Whilst I agree with some of what you wrote, the figures and facts you mention are just what the government hope you'll believe.

I think you should educate yourself on the Facts before you make such bold statements. 1500 per weekly deaths from flu, that's is you saying approx 72000 deaths per year from flu, hahahahaha you are either misinformed or not very good with facts and figures. Some years there are more deaths than the usual 8000 medium figures in the UK attributed to flu depending on circumstances that particular year. But the medium figure quoted is 8000 per year. 72000 haha some people!! "

Aw ffs this has been posted already earlier...try a bit of typing rather then copy and pasting from your tinfoil site

over a year ago

I think you should educate yourself on the Facts before you make such bold statements. 1500 per weekly deaths from flu, that's is you saying approx 72000 deaths per year from flu, hahahahaha you are either misinformed or not very good with facts and figures. Some years there are more deaths than the usual 8000 medium figures in the UK attributed to flu depending on circumstances that particular year. But the medium figure quoted is 8000 per year. 72000 haha some people!!

Where did you source your FACTS and figures, and where did you receive your training as a statistical health analyst?"

It seems everyone is stat analyst and an infectious disease expert,to be honest your all getting on my tits, we're that knitting thread

over a year ago

Where did you source your FACTS and figures, and where did you receive your training as a statistical health analyst?"

Practically word for word from the 12th post on here...

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

This is what some scientists are advocating but not the majority( including me- scientific background). Living with the virus means it’s still going to kill between 1 and 200 to 1 and 300 people. The effect of Long Covid is yet unknown but hundreds of thousands of people will be affected by it if we lived with the virus.

Living with the virus means that we have given up on defeating it when other countries can do it.

Where is our fighting spirit to defeat this enemy.

UK and Ireland are island so an elimination strategy as advocated by the cross party committee on Covid is a practical solution.

We are probably going to need a full lockdown for 3-4 weeks again and

We are going to need testing to the level of the Asian countries - test contacts and contacts of contacts( or mass testing in an area) to keep a lid on transmission.

International travellers all need testing. Lockdown is the only weapon at the moment working - it’s crude but effective.

Fines should have been brought in months ago for breach of isolation rules.

Testing at the moment is hopeless as it is not breaking the chain of transmission efficiently enough- it’s too slow."

Vietnam did it.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Not sure if you are following the thread here ? No doubt your comments are correct .. However, I argue as do many others in here . If people had not blatantly broke the rules and took this much more seriously those operations would actually have gone ahead maybe? further that the reason we cant now schedule these kind of operations is because people have allowed the virus to spread by being selfish frankly .. and I doubt very much if anyone would disagree with me there .. if people had been acting more responsibly then we may not be in this situation now.. and that's the real issue here I feel .

I completely agree with you, but some really don't get it Spain had a really tough lockdown and the virus is still there "

Of course it is still there. We need to stick to the rules.

over a year ago

Where did you source your FACTS and figures, and where did you receive your training as a statistical health analyst?

It seems everyone is stat analyst and an infectious disease expert,to be honest your all getting on my tits, we're that knitting thread"

All just nick bits of each other it seems..

over a year ago

Practically word for word from the 12th post on here..."

Haha

over a year ago

Spot on - 8,000 per annum is about right - ie a fifth of the number of deaths attributable to COVID. The certification now for COVID is very clear (new guidance issued) and separates the recording of those who died with or those who died of. Our figures are as accurate now as I think they can get (and let’s ignore the crap about people dying from heart attacks but being recorded as COVID deaths - the stats on heart related mortality have remained within normal parameters, if heart related deaths were being shunted into COVID figures we would see a decrease on heart related deaths - and there is not!)

As I said before 99% of statistics are made up on the spot - or in the case of the poster making the claim of 1500 flu deaths a week - about 220% of his figures are made up on the spot!

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Practically word for word from the 12th post on here..."

oh dear!

over a year ago

Just think about that.

Do you actually think the NHS are cancelling things for the fun of it? My local hospital was almost overwhelmed in the first Covid wave, they had to delay scheduled treatments to concentrate on those who were sickest, the same call they have to make year in year out. The more people break the rules, the more cases there will be, the more other treatments get delayed. It is so incredibly simple, do what you are asked, when you are asked, to help mitigate Covid and more people will be treated for other things."

All the failures on treatments for cancers and other illnesses have been put on hold down to covid, but it is a consequence of covid, the fault lies with our governments inability to provide adequate funding for NHS which has been neglected for a good number of years. Covid is a very dangerous threat so measures had to be put in place to protect the NHS but it is politicians to blame for the shambles it has left in its wake

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

[Removed by poster at 30/09/20 15:56:58]

over a year ago

Just think about that.

And if ANY of the figures you quote are in fact true that's all the more reason to knockle down and help speed up the process of controlling Covid.

Simple really"

I missed a zero out, it's 1,000,000 women missed they're mammogram not 100,000 .

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Just think about that.

Do you actually think the NHS are cancelling things for the fun of it? My local hospital was almost overwhelmed in the first Covid wave, they had to delay scheduled treatments to concentrate on those who were sickest, the same call they have to make year in year out. The more people break the rules, the more cases there will be, the more other treatments get delayed. It is so incredibly simple, do what you are asked, when you are asked, to help mitigate Covid and more people will be treated for other things.

All the failures on treatments for cancers and other illnesses have been put on hold down to covid, but it is a consequence of covid, the fault lies with our governments inability to provide adequate funding for NHS which has been neglected for a good number of years. Covid is a very dangerous threat so measures had to be put in place to protect the NHS but it is politicians to blame for the shambles it has left in its wake"

post I had deleted...I thought you had commented something...wrong guy...apologies

over a year ago

Just think about that.

All the failures on treatments for cancers and other illnesses have been put on hold down to covid, but it is a consequence of covid, the fault lies with our governments inability to provide adequate funding for NHS which has been neglected for a good number of years. Covid is a very dangerous threat so measures had to be put in place to protect the NHS but it is politicians to blame for the shambles it has left in its wake"

You can certainly lay some blame at the lack of investment over the decades, however none of that can be changed right now to help with our current situation. Hopefully lessons will be learned for the future, however right now, people need to actually do what is being asked so the NHS has as few avoidable infections as possible so it can have the capacity to deal with issues that aren't avoidable.

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"

I'd go one further and blame the electorate that has saw fit to keep the conservatives in power for 10 years.

over a year ago

Is that me you referring to. Sorry I have never said covid is not serious. Sometimes these posts get jumbled up, but I have never downplayed covid's threat

over a year ago

"Is that me you referring to. Sorry I have never said covid is not serious. Sometimes these posts get jumbled up, but I have never downplayed covid's threat"

Maybe if you all stopped copy and pasting the same shite it wouldn't happen...

over a year ago

"Is that me you referring to. Sorry I have never said covid is not serious. Sometimes these posts get jumbled up, but I have never downplayed covid's threat

Maybe if you all stopped copy and pasting the same shite it wouldn't happen..."

That seems to be the problem in the virus room, all copy and paste

over a year ago

"Is that me you referring to. Sorry I have never said covid is not serious. Sometimes these posts get jumbled up, but I have never downplayed covid's threat

Maybe if you all stopped copy and pasting the same shite it wouldn't happen...

That seems to be the problem in the virus room, all copy and paste"

Agreed ...by far too many experts for a swingers site. If you have a opinion good...say what you think.

But the copy and paste jobs show a lack of a opinion to me.

over a year ago

"

All the failures on treatments for cancers and other illnesses have been put on hold down to covid, but it is a consequence of covid, the fault lies with our governments inability to provide adequate funding for NHS which has been neglected for a good number of years. Covid is a very dangerous threat so measures had to be put in place to protect the NHS but it is politicians to blame for the shambles it has left in its wake

I'd go one further and blame the electorate that has saw fit to keep the conservatives in power for 10 years."

Labour when in power had it faults as well with the NHS, but there is no doubt the tories have been much worse in this respect. Maybe this will bring a bit of realisation to politicians that the NHS needs proper funding, even if it means an increase in tax for those who can afford it. But, I don't have any faith in this current tory party to fix any of our problems, worst bunch of politicians, Ever!!

over a year ago

It's not Coronavirus we have to fear anymore, it's mankind turning against each other..As all the bickering ect this thread proves.

F

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"Is that me you referring to. Sorry I have never said covid is not serious. Sometimes these posts get jumbled up, but I have never downplayed covid's threat"

Yes it was you...I deleted again sorry about that

over a year ago

"I wont repeat what others have said . However, suffice it to say the ' facts' are in fact not true in most cases you quote .. and anyway even if one person dies of flu or otherwise thats still too many isnt it ?

Folow the rules .. just because . But Lockdown is not a cure and most people now realise that they personally have nothing to fear about getting Covid , in fact our biggest worry is getting any other serious illness because they are being ignored "

Let me get this straight, what you want is to get rid of restrictions because it stops people being diagnosed with serious diseases?

over a year ago

People seem convinced the rise in cases is due to others not following the rules. Yet others have not been following the rules for months now without any dramatic uptick in cases.

Maybe it’s just a coincidence that the uptick in cases coincides with the return of kids into schools, people being told to return to their workplaces and students going back to universities.

Maybe if we had a reliable track and trace system operated by local health teams instead of a failing centralised system we may have been in a better position going into autumn and winter.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Maybe if we had a reliable track and trace system operated by local health teams instead of a failing centralised system we may have been in a better position going into autumn and winter."

Our County Council have taken ownership of the individuals not traced by the centralised setup and are now hitting the high 90%'s as a percentage of traced individuals.

It seems unlikely that they're the only local authority doing this.

over a year ago

"

Maybe if we had a reliable track and trace system operated by local health teams instead of a failing centralised system we may have been in a better position going into autumn and winter.

Our County Council have taken ownership of the individuals not traced by the centralised setup and are now hitting the high 90%'s as a percentage of traced individuals.

It seems unlikely that they're the only local authority doing this."

PHE with local authorities has a track and trace system already.. it is used frequently for things like norovirus etc - yet the Govt decided to do it differently ...

over a year ago

As 1 said earlier its not covid you should fear, its the civil unrest this will and is causing.

When unemployment rises above 6mil because it will and most fall not on hard times but really will struggle to live.

Little Johnny won't get his play station or new trainers then.

Were heading for a total disaster with this,,,, my advice... Belive me and I mean this.... Live well you still can because things are going to change and it will be a situation not very many will of known or lived through

over a year ago

"

It seems unlikely that they're the only local authority doing this."

It’s a shame they didn’t do this nationwide from the start. Germany has always gone down the regional route.

over a year ago

Broadstairs

"As 1 said earlier its not covid you should fear, its the civil unrest this will and is causing.

When unemployment rises above 6mil because it will and most fall not on hard times but really will struggle to live.

Were heading for a total disaster with this,,,, my advice... Belive me and I mean this.... Live well you still can because things are going to change and it will be a situation not very many will of known or lived through "

I think you have got this spot on ,have always said we won’t be talking about Covid soon but all the hardship loads will be facing this can start wars

over a year ago

the wetlands

Just to add in from my initial post, the big problem faced by everyone in tbe world, not just us, is that we have no idea how serious this virus is.

Yes it killed a huge number of people in the early days and yes the deaths are still low, but this is just another reason to show patience with the scientists and let them do their job.

I get a very optimistic feeling that by Christmas or February at the latest we will have a very good idea of the risk and who exactly is at risk.

People are working day and night on why it is that some people are asymptomatic and some die and once they figure this out we may well find that we can great it like a bad cold that will be annoying to most but deadly to some and hopefully also by that stage we will have found either a vaccine for the susceptible or more and more treatments.

All of this relies on compliance with the rules as already stated because the scientists need to work with controlled conditions to make analysis easier to see a pattern.

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

It seems unlikely that they're the only local authority doing this.

It’s a shame they didn’t do this nationwide from the start. Germany has always gone down the regional route."

Absolutely.

Regional always has the edge on centralised as the 'regions' have far better local geographic and cultural knowledge.

over a year ago

"As 1 said earlier its not covid you should fear, its the civil unrest this will and is causing.

Were heading for a total disaster with this,,,, my advice... Belive me and I mean this.... Live well you still can because things are going to change and it will be a situation not very many will of known or lived through I think you have got this spot on ,have always said we won’t be talking about Covid soon but all the hardship loads will be facing this can start wars "

Totally agree,, look we have 2 choices really,,, shut the country down for a month and I mean total lock down,, I know that will never happen,,, or we crack on because the consequences of what is happening now dosent bare thinking about.

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

Were heading for a total disaster with this,,,, my advice... Belive me and I mean this.... Live well you still can because things are going to change and it will be a situation not very many will of known or lived through I think you have got this spot on ,have always said we won’t be talking about Covid soon but all the hardship loads will be facing this can start wars

Totally agree,, look we have 2 choices really,,, shut the country down for a month and I mean total lock down,, I know that will never happen,,, or we crack on because the consequences of what is happening now dosent bare thinking about. "

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Were heading for a total disaster with this,,,, my advice... Belive me and I mean this.... Live well you still can because things are going to change and it will be a situation not very many will of known or lived through I think you have got this spot on ,have always said we won’t be talking about Covid soon but all the hardship loads will be facing this can start wars "

So again...you want everyone to just get on with it....the attitude is well it wont affect me so it's ok...

over a year ago

Were heading for a total disaster with this,,,, my advice... Belive me and I mean this.... Live well you still can because things are going to change and it will be a situation not very many will of known or lived through I think you have got this spot on ,have always said we won’t be talking about Covid soon but all the hardship loads will be facing this can start wars

So again...you want everyone to just get on with it....the attitude is well it wont affect me so it's ok..."

No I'd go for option 1,, shut the country down and I mean down,, all payments frooze and debt,, rent mortgage,, the lot it's shuts down,, not allowed out the house unless you 100% have to be,,, I know they won't do this,, so unless you want to live in a country that will be basically bankrupt and civil unrest everywhere you look,, I recommend we crack on,,, we can't carry on this half hearted crap it will never ever work

over a year ago

the wetlands

So again...you want everyone to just get on with it....the attitude is well it wont affect me so it's ok...

No I'd go for option 1,, shut the country down and I mean down,, all payments frooze and debt,, rent mortgage,, the lot it's shuts down,, not allowed out the house unless you 100% have to be,,, I know they won't do this,, so unless you want to live in a country that will be basically bankrupt and civil unrest everywhere you look,, I recommend we crack on,,, we can't carry on this half hearted crap it will never ever work "

That's probably the second worst option, we can't defeat it we need to understand it and we will need to live with it.

over a year ago

No I'd go for option 1,, shut the country down and I mean down,, all payments frooze and debt,, rent mortgage,, the lot it's shuts down,, not allowed out the house unless you 100% have to be,,, I know they won't do this,, so unless you want to live in a country that will be basically bankrupt and civil unrest everywhere you look,, I recommend we crack on,,, we can't carry on this half hearted crap it will never ever work "

France and Spain introduced hard lockdown were you needed permission to leave the house.

Surprisingly Covid was still there when they opened up, look at them now.

over a year ago

No I'd go for option 1,, shut the country down and I mean down,, all payments frooze and debt,, rent mortgage,, the lot it's shuts down,, not allowed out the house unless you 100% have to be,,, I know they won't do this,, so unless you want to live in a country that will be basically bankrupt and civil unrest everywhere you look,, I recommend we crack on,,, we can't carry on this half hearted crap it will never ever work

That's probably the second worst option, we can't defeat it we need to understand it and we will need to live with it."

OK then we'll you tell me what you do with at the best estimate of mine, 6mil unemployed, and all the heartache that goes with that.

Please I'm all ears

over a year ago

the wetlands

That's probably the second worst option, we can't defeat it we need to understand it and we will need to live with it.

OK then we'll you tell me what you do with at the best estimate of mine, 6mil unemployed, and all the heartache that goes with that.

Please I'm all ears "

Sorry but your estimates of unemployment are worthless and of no interest to me whatsoever.

The fastest way to get back to normal is understand the virus not ignore it and then get to another situation where we shut everything, anyway the amount of unemployment brexit will create will possibly far outweigh Covid

over a year ago

Please I'm all ears

Sorry but your estimates of unemployment are worthless and of no interest to me whatsoever.

The fastest way to get back to normal is understand the virus not ignore it and then get to another situation where we shut everything, anyway the amount of unemployment brexit will create will possibly far outweigh Covid

"

May I say you are living in fantasy land

over a year ago

the wetlands

Please I'm all ears

May I say you are living in fantasy land "

Yes I know I do, it's called utopia, but what in my statement annoys you ?

By *esley_CTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I wonder if it has occurred to people that this will not be the last pandemic we see?

With the world population increasing so rapidly and with so much international travel, it's only a matter of time before a new virus emerges and the whole shambles starts again... if we have to lockdown everytime then the world as we know it will cease to exist.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

When there are 10,000 in intensive care in a few months time there will little capacity for treating anything else... I do not expect we will actually get to that point but only because we will see another full essential workers only lockdown between now and Christmas. We will see the daily deaths back into 3 digits next week.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"I wonder if it has occurred to people that this will not be the last pandemic we see?

With the world population increasing so rapidly and with so much international travel, it's only a matter of time before a new virus emerges and the whole shambles starts again... if we have to lockdown everytime then the world as we know it will cease to exist.

"

That is true, and the next one may spread like Covid but have the mortality rate of Ebola

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

Exactly......

over a year ago

the wetlands

Exactly...... "

Really ?

Over 80 now ?

Really ?

Hmmmm

over a year ago

Exactly......

Really ?

Over 80 now ?

Really ?

Hmmmm"

According to the ons breakdown on covid19 deaths registered in England and Wales the average age was 82 and the average comorbidities was 2.7.

over a year ago

"I wonder if it has occurred to people that this will not be the last pandemic we see?

That is true, and the next one may spread like Covid but have the mortality rate of Ebola "

If it had the mortality rate of Ebola then it wouldn't spread like sars-cov2 , Ebola kills people far too quickly to have a large spread pattern, there's a reason why you've come through 250 million years of evolution without a extinction level virus ever occurring.

They don't happen

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

That is true, and the next one may spread like Covid but have the mortality rate of Ebola

If it had the mortality rate of Ebola then it wouldn't spread like sars-cov2 , Ebola kills people far too quickly to have a large spread pattern, there's a reason why you've come through 250 million years of evolution without a extinction level virus ever occurring.

They don't happen"

True, Ebola level of mortality tends to self limit spread. I don’t really mean extinction level, but 5 or 10% or more mortality rate isn’t beyond possible.

over a year ago

They don't happen

True, Ebola level of mortality tends to self limit spread. I don’t really mean extinction level, but 5 or 10% or more mortality rate isn’t beyond possible.

"

Some strains of Ebola go upto 50-60% mortality rate, it's been around a long long time and despite the advancement of human movement still doesn't make in roads on any mass pandemic perse.

To have a truly big killer you'd need the infectiousness of measles combined with the mortality rate of Ebola!.

Or you could try sticking the proteins from Sars and hiv to a Corona virus in a gain of function laboratory in China with a piss poor record of containment and see how that goes

over a year ago

I'm slightly concerned by people who quote the numbers who are dying from other things as some sort of reason for getting rid of restrictions and allowing Covid to spread through society.

What do they think will happen when the hospitals fill up with Covid patients again, are we going to hold cancer clinics in village halls?

If you are a selfish prick and don't care about the chronically ill, elderly, and disabled dying so long as you get to fuck internet strangers and go to the pub, then own that. Don't pretend this is how much you care about other people.

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

Totally agree.

What people say and what people do are something entirely different.

over a year ago

the wetlands

"I'm slightly concerned by people who quote the numbers who are dying from other things as some sort of reason for getting rid of restrictions and allowing Covid to spread through society.

What do they think will happen when the hospitals fill up with Covid patients again, are we going to hold cancer clinics in village halls?

If you are a selfish prick and don't care about the chronically ill, elderly, and disabled dying so long as you get to fuck internet strangers and go to the pub, then own that. Don't pretend this is how much you care about other people."

Quite

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Some of the stuff spouted on here is laughable....its no wonder everything is heading for lockdown again

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Good post

It's a rubbish situation, but the people getting cross and acting like they're the victims of a conspiracy are helping absolutely no one. "

It helps the millionaire Icke and co, who profit from fomenting the misery of others. Not to mention the foreign governments who are funding the manipulation of pliable minds here, with thousands who feel special because they know the 'truth' - the irony is lost on them

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

A few days ago I watched an interview with an intelligent and well spoken student in Edinburgh who was scared and upset at being confined to his tower block and wanted a partial refund of fees.

Then he spoiled it all by admitting that he and his buddies have all been hosting and attending big parties since term began.

And he genuinely wonders....

over a year ago

"I'm slightly concerned by people who quote the numbers who are dying from other things as some sort of reason for getting rid of restrictions and allowing Covid to spread through society.

If you are a selfish prick and don't care about the chronically ill, elderly, and disabled dying so long as you get to fuck internet strangers and go to the pub, then own that. Don't pretend this is how much you care about other people."

As the person who mentioned the cancer clinics and a person with cancer I find that offensive.

Why do you think someone who questions the current restrictions on businesses and peoples livelihood's means they don't support the basic advice re distancing, hand hygiene, mask wearing and want to let covid rip through society.

That they are a selfish prick who doesn't care about the elderly. those with comorbidities just wanting to get a fuck off the internet.

I'm not sure who I dislike most on here, the tin foil hat wearing covid deniers or the sanctimonious often abusive few who attack anyone with a different opinion.

over a year ago

If you are a selfish prick and don't care about the chronically ill, elderly, and disabled dying so long as you get to fuck internet strangers and go to the pub, then own that. Don't pretend this is how much you care about other people.

As the person who mentioned the cancer clinics and a person with cancer I find that offensive.

Why do you think someone who questions the current restrictions on businesses and peoples livelihood's means they don't support the basic advice re distancing, hand hygiene, mask wearing and want to let covid rip through society.

That they are a selfish prick who doesn't care about the elderly. those with comorbidities just wanting to get a fuck off the internet.

I'm not sure who I dislike most on here, the tin foil hat wearing covid deniers or the sanctimonious often abusive few who attack anyone with a different opinion."

I did not mean to offend but there are folk on here who use people’s health as a reason to not lockdown without realising that if we open up then the hospitals will fill up with Covid patients and we will once again not be able to treat the very people they say are missing out.

I may be wrong but I genuinely don’t think these people give a shit about the health of others, I think they use it as an excuse to be allowed do what they want.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/10/20 10:42:14]

over a year ago

I'm not sure who I dislike most on here, the tin foil hat wearing covid deniers or the sanctimonious often abusive few who attack anyone with a different opinion."

I find both groups pretty vile tbh

Many people like myself follow every law to the letter but still believe there's a better way to tackle the virus than than the way the government is going about it.

Some posters on here label you a granny killer if you so much as begin to question the viability of full lockdowns. The leaps they make are Incredible.

KJ

over a year ago

the wetlands

I'm not sure who I dislike most on here, the tin foil hat wearing covid deniers or the sanctimonious often abusive few who attack anyone with a different opinion.

I find both groups pretty vile tbh

Many people like myself follow every law to the letter but still believe there's a better way to tackle the virus than than the way the government is going about it.

Some posters on here label you a granny killer if you so much as begin to question the viability of full lockdowns. The leaps they make are Incredible.

KJ

"

Yes, everyone should be encouraged to discuss their opinions whatever their beliefs but people going beyond that and stating they have no intention of complying with the law is deplorable.

over a year ago

the wetlands

I did not mean to offend but there are folk on here who use people’s health as a reason to not lockdown without realising that if we open up then the hospitals will fill up with Covid patients and we will once again not be able to treat the very people they say are missing out.

I may be wrong but I genuinely don’t think these people give a shit about the health of others, I think they use it as an excuse to be allowed do what they want."

Thats why we should leave it to the scientists who have access to the information necessary to make the rules.

Some people complain about the u-turns on various things, face coverings being the most obvious. Personally I see flexibility and adaptibility to an evolving situation as a positive not a negative

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

I may be wrong but I genuinely don’t think these people give a shit about the health of others, I think they use it as an excuse to be allowed do what they want.

Thats why we should leave it to the scientists who have access to the information necessary to make the rules.

Some people complain about the u-turns on various things, face coverings being the most obvious. Personally I see flexibility and adaptibility to an evolving situation as a positive not a negative

"

There is a difference between being adaptable to a changing situation and not even being arsed to be briefed about the latest developments.

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

I don't think it's a conspiracy. It's real. It kills. However I do feel uncomfortable with what the government has decided is the right thing. I think we should stop being selfish.

Humanity has been overdue a pandemic for sometime.

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

To me we are doing all the wrong things to have significant long term gain.

By *othBatGirlWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

[Removed by poster at 02/10/20 22:34:25]

By *othBatGirlWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Honest to God... If I hear one more "conspiracy theory" or selfish idiot bleat on about their narcissistic rights, I honestly think I'm going to go crazy.

Seriously, go get a mental health check up and start realising that the country is fucked. Mainly because of the dumb ass inhabitants. No wonder the human race will cause the end of the earth...

It's a sorry state of affairs when the best part of so called "great britain" can't hold off for a year, maybe two of their sorry little lives to save others.

Restrictions are only a hardship if you let them be. Have faith that it will get better. Yes, it may very well take longer than we all hope.. but not being able to breathe properly and struggling constantly to live through respiratory illness (or any illness) unnecessarily is the real hardship. Trust me...

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

It hurts not being able to meet family, close friends, partners. Its hit the swinging and poly lifestyles especially hard.

But it is not forever. And if we just follow the damned rules a lot fewer people will suffer and die and we'll get out of this that bit quicker.

I'd rather have temporary restriction of my freedom than be dead or lose loved ones.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Yes but what about the ones that aren’t counted? What about the long flu? What about the others who aren’t treated each year as the NHS is overwhelmed?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"To me we are doing all the wrong things to have significant long term gain."

So in your opinion what should we be doing ???

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

There is a thought provoking thread on here about getting in with things, a person used a program to look at the spread of the virus. Getting on with things closed the country down quicker, than if restrictions were imposed.

As the people getting on with it, passed the virus to everyone they met, large amounts of people were ill and couldn't work. So businesses closed quicker, than if restrictions were imposed.

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

It's not just "I'll take my chances"

You may well not get it, or be fine if you do. Most people seem to be asymptomatic or mildly ill. But you'll pass it onto others....others who are trying their best and making sacrifices.

You may pass it to someone like me, at work or at a shop. Outside work I'm part time care giver to two people who are "critically vulnerable". They'll likely die. Cbd neither they nor I have done anything wrong.

There was a wedding a while back. 60 guests. One family had asymptomatic covid, and developed their symptoms two days later. They passed our to 47 people at the wedding who passed it to a total of 170 people. 7 died. None of the people who died attended the wedding or did anything other than obey the guidelines. That's what "I'll take my chances" means.

Post new Message to Thread