Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Tea and Medals

Jump to newest

By *ogloom OP   Man
over a year ago

Levens

In the same way soldiers are awarded for a campaign.

Should the people who develop and manufacture an effective vaccine be awarded once this is under control?

Wondered what people think.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"In the same way soldiers are awarded for a campaign.

Should the people who develop and manufacture an effective vaccine be awarded once this is under control?

Wondered what people think."

We should at least recognize their work for sure.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We can clap them

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Why do we need a vaccine for a disease that 99.97% of people survive?

Meanwhile far more are dying because the NHS is, to all intents and purposes, closed down for routine work.

Should we give a medal to those who stop people smoking (that kills 78,000 a year)?

By *ogloom OP   Man
over a year ago

Levens

Survive. The soldiers that survive have life altering injuries, mental and or physical.

Same for lots of people that have covid and although most of the population has yet to suffer it. They could do at some point especially without a vaccine.

Do you think the lockdowns and a race for vaccine is over the top?

By *ogloom OP   Man
over a year ago

Levens

"

Should we give a medal to those who stop people smoking (that kills 78,000 a year)?"

Id say that those that choose to smoke take their chances. As long as they are not imposing it on anyone else directly there is an element of choice. Society supports that choice currently by offering care to those that then suffer ill health which may have resulted from the smoking.

Covid doesnt really offer a free choice...

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Wondered what people think."

No i dont think they should....

Where does it stop ?

I see they ve awarded a rat a medal for finding land mines.

That's crazy imho

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m sure they will be recognised in some way.

over a year ago

We could collectively signal our virtue by re-naming some london streets after our saviours....for example.

Trafalgar Square could become Glaxo Smith Klein place...

Then you could have Oxford University Street.

Perhaps we could have Gavi Circus...

Or how about changing Highgate Cemetery to BillGates Cemetery

By *ogloom OP   Man
over a year ago

Levens

Where does it stop, indeed.

I agree entirely with this statement.

I think giving up on society as it is and swapping out the huge conference halls etc as venues of mass orgies... with side rooms for tea and biscuits.

'This weeks idea of working at home is already getting to me'

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Why do we need a vaccine for a disease that 99.97% of people survive?

Meanwhile far more are dying because the NHS is, to all intents and purposes, closed down for routine work.

Should we give a medal to those who stop people smoking (that kills 78,000 a year)?"

And yet I'm sure that you would Mourn 320 dying in a Plane crash? Maybe 10 in a Bus Crash? Maybe 5 in a Car Crash? Maybe even just your fav' Celebrity?

Why do we need a Vaccine? Well the World just woke up and decided it was a cool thing to do. Beyond that . . .

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Most of the top scientists do as they are often in the honours lists.

Do we need a vaccine, hell yeah, it just might help if the virus mutates which is always a concern. Remember a vaccine will not stop you catching it, but gives those treating you a little extra time to try and save your life.

Anything that helps prevent a shift of medical staff watching half a dozen patients expire on their shift has to be worth it. The mental scars left by that alone are worth trying to prevent.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Wondered what people think.

No i dont think they should....

Where does it stop ?

I see they ve awarded a rat a medal for finding land mines.

That's crazy imho"

By *ogloom OP   Man
over a year ago

Levens

Top scientists getting honours. I wouldnt necessarily dispute that they shouldnt but...

A vaccine for millions will be developed trial and mass produced by people that are not these 'top scientists that get honours'.

In a similar way to the megastar artists that dint make art work anymore. They have a team of eager proteges who actually make the sculptures and graft.

With regard virus mutation. The more hosts and repeated hosts we allow to replicate the virus the more mutations we have. There are already multiple out there. Keep that up and the greater chance and the sooner that the virus becomes more dangerous in some way or becomes untreatable by a currently developing vaccine.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

0.03% mortality? You in a parallel universe? Its generally accepted the figure is between 0.5 and 1 People have been dumb enough to start smoking despite being educated of its harmful effect for the last 40 years, sorry for those who started earlier but nobody my age or younger gets any sympathy from me!

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

They will have papers published and awards in the scientific community until some one comes up with a better one, then on it passes

The pharmaceutical companies who are awarded the golden deal of manufacturing it will be awarded financially as every one will want one

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"

Quite simple to anyone with two brain cells tomrun together ...

99.97% (arguably) survive because of all the restrictions we have. We would like to get back to normal and live without these restrictions so we need a vaccine to replace the the restrictions.

Got it ?

over a year ago

Should we give a medal to those who stop people smoking (that kills 78,000 a year)?

0.03% mortality? You in a parallel universe? Its generally accepted the figure is between 0.5 and 1 People have been dumb enough to start smoking despite being educated of its harmful effect for the last 40 years, sorry for those who started earlier but nobody my age or younger gets any sympathy from me! "

I'm older than you but I didn't succumb to peer pressure,so am fortunate. You can get help on the nhs.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

We could invite them all to our clubs and congratulate them all in our own special way?

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

99.97% (arguably) survive because of all the restrictions we have. We would like to get back to normal and live without these restrictions so we need a vaccine to replace the the restrictions.

Got it ?"

I think 0.03% of our population is a tad under 20,000... the death toll is more than twice that and it’s unlikely more than 10% of the population have so far been infected

Let’s say mortality is 0.5% (arguably) and say intimately 50% of the population get infected then 99.75% of the population survive the pandemic and165,000 die

So yes we need restrictions to buy time for a vaccine for the 120,000 who will otherwise die

Got it?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Got it ?

I think 0.03% of our population is a tad under 20,000... the death toll is more than twice that and it’s unlikely more than 10% of the population have so far been infected

Let’s say mortality is 0.5% (arguably) and say intimately 50% of the population get infected then 99.75% of the population survive the pandemic and165,000 die

So yes we need restrictions to buy time for a vaccine for the 120,000 who will otherwise die

Got it? "

Don't encourage them. They keep trotting out that figure with zero evidence to support it.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"

Don't encourage them. They keep trotting out that figure with zero evidence to support it. "

I don’t do it for them. I do it to discredit such damaging nonsense, more and more choose to believe the dark side because the idea we can just ignore this all and go back to normal is much more attractive than reality

It’s spreading and as it does compliance fades and we will all pay an even heavier price in the end

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

0.03% mortality? You in a parallel universe? Its generally accepted the figure is between 0.5 and 1 People have been dumb enough to start smoking despite being educated of its harmful effect for the last 40 years, sorry for those who started earlier but nobody my age or younger gets any sympathy from me! "

We shouldn’t forget that some of the 120k Cited below will include some of those smokers ( likely past your age), some people who are obese, etc.... some of the ‘mistakes’ in peoples lifestyles are, potentially, the thing which will cause greater harm. Some of the people who might succumb to additional illness on top of existing conditions chose to ignore health warnings, believed themselves invincible, were addicted, were victims of the air they breathe ..... a number in the 120k could be discounted.... not to discount their lives...

An interesting statistic would be to show those with an expected date of death, to the actual date where Covid has been considered a factor.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

People should be considered where they have made a considerable, outstanding contribution for the benefit of others. I don't know the vaccine team and we don't have it yet.

over a year ago

Got it ?"

By *ogloom OP   Man
over a year ago

Levens

"We can clap them "

Im not sure but I imagine mist of them don't have 'the Clap'

By *eter pepper 77Man
over a year ago

kelsall

This

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

This "

If 0.03% of people died in plane crashes every year would that be acceptable ?

By *ogloom OP   Man
over a year ago

Levens

What's that like a big toe?

Post new Message to Thread