Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Time to get them out of mothballs...?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Time to get them out of mothballs...? "

London nightingale needs 16,000 staff ( Drs nurses admin maintenance etc) to be fully operational that ain't going to happen... Its why in part it wasnt used much 20-30 cases...

over a year ago

"Time to get them out of mothballs...? "

Time to build some more maybe...or re-acess on how they will be used best...ie just contain covid cases it there and free up the hospitals for other care.

over a year ago

"Time to get them out of mothballs...?

Time to build some more maybe...or re-acess on how they will be used best...ie just contain covid cases it there and free up the hospitals for other care."

That's what they were built for judt not enough staff to work them...

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Unfortunately we have been running our NHS staff levels down for some time, so staff shortages became the norm before the pandemic. Whilst some student nurses worked valiantly during the worst of the crisis, we're at such ls that boosting physical capacity, without sufficient staff, may be good for headlines but it doesn't really give us much scope for improved service deliverym. We botched the imposed charges for overseas residents and their families to extend visas and to pay for their health treatment, so it's little wonder that we've deterred so many, especially with high volumes of ethnic minority staff and others who lost lives.

Globally I'm assuming that it's difficult to recruit health staff and it provides doesn't help when a country recruiting has had very high losses of life.

It takes many years to train staff and we cut investment for 10 years, in their chosen professional fields. We probably saw that boat sail quite some time ago, to really build trust and confidence in the governments view of the NHS. Even during this pandemic, NHS services were outsourced to private businesses who had little or no health care service experience. That is not going to build respect from the people who are sidelined. The Salisbury poisoning was managed well by our health teams, highlighting their performance standards under crisis conditions.

The Ministers in leadership, including in health, seem woefully below the standards levels of all health professionals that I know. It's hard to trust the reliability of much change this lot will impose on health, whether it's setting up nightingale hospitals, or anything else.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

They seem like a huge waste of money to me.

over a year ago

investment in the NHS was cut long before 10 yrs ago, its been slowly happening over the last 30 yrs at least, my mother retired from nursing over 15 yrs ago and she always used to say how they needed more investment way back then.

By *ETSHAVEFUN1Man
over a year ago

bromsgrove

Simply question.

Why build a hospital you can not staff ??.

??????.

Dont know what else to say.

Beggars belief.

By *ETSHAVEFUN1Man
over a year ago

bromsgrove

The fucking country should be run like a business.

And stop all this fucking about.

Richard Branson PM.

over a year ago

Shame the government couldn't put the 100 billion thats for operation moonshot into health, education, environmental etc etc

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Time to give the beds back to the hospitals they took them from as the winter pressure will be starting soon and nhs will need the beds ..

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"They seem like a huge waste of money to me. "

We need more new hospitals..but properly staffed

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Time to give the beds back to the hospitals they took them from as the winter pressure will be starting soon and nhs will need the beds .."

Took from other hospitals????

The beds that were already full...?

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

Was never needed, who ever approved these hospitals should be sacked. A complete waste of money, give it a year or so, everything they purchased for them will be binned. The NHS does not know how to use money or reuse stuff for other trust's, it's just throw it out if not needed or have upgraded to a newer one.

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

"Time to give the beds back to the hospitals they took them from as the winter pressure will be starting soon and nhs will need the beds ..

Took from other hospitals????

The beds that were already full...? "

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"investment in the NHS was cut long before 10 yrs ago, its been slowly happening over the last 30 yrs at least, my mother retired from nursing over 15 yrs ago and she always used to say how they needed more investment way back then."
They need decent management they are very very ineficient.There can never be enough money it is a bottomless pit

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

"They seem like a huge waste of money to me. "

The cost of them is surely a drop in the ocean to what this virus has cost us in the UK. I for one think its one of the positives from it and one of the good thing this government has done. They are there if needed but let hope we never have to use them to capacity. If they weren't can you imagine the discord among the public and the media, why don't we have extra capacity in hospitals would be the headline.

By *az080378Woman
over a year ago

Cromer

"They seem like a huge waste of money to me.

The cost of them is surely a drop in the ocean to what this virus has cost us in the UK. I for one think its one of the positives from it and one of the good thing this government has done. They are there if needed but let hope we never have to use them to capacity. If they weren't can you imagine the discord among the public and the media, why don't we have extra capacity in hospitals would be the headline. "

But we can't use them because there are not enough nurses ,doctors etc to staff them

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

The cost of them is surely a drop in the ocean to what this virus has cost us in the UK. I for one think its one of the positives from it and one of the good thing this government has done. They are there if needed but let hope we never have to use them to capacity. If they weren't can you imagine the discord among the public and the media, why don't we have extra capacity in hospitals would be the headline. "

over a year ago

Birmingham nightingale hospital has been put on stand by...just been announced

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

This, fail to plan etc..

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"Unfortunately we have been running our NHS staff levels down for some time, so staff shortages became the norm before the pandemic. Whilst some student nurses worked valiantly during the worst of the crisis, we're at such ls that boosting physical capacity, without sufficient staff, may be good for headlines but it doesn't really give us much scope for improved service deliverym. We botched the imposed charges for overseas residents and their families to extend visas and to pay for their health treatment, so it's little wonder that we've deterred so many, especially with high volumes of ethnic minority staff and others who lost lives.

Globally I'm assuming that it's difficult to recruit health staff and it provides doesn't help when a country recruiting has had very high losses of life.

It takes many years to train staff and we cut investment for 10 years, in their chosen professional fields. We probably saw that boat sail quite some time ago, to really build trust and confidence in the governments view of the NHS. Even during this pandemic, NHS services were outsourced to private businesses who had little or no health care service experience. That is not going to build respect from the people who are sidelined. The Salisbury poisoning was managed well by our health teams, highlighting their performance standards under crisis conditions.

The Ministers in leadership, including in health, seem woefully below the standards levels of all health professionals that I know. It's hard to trust the reliability of much change this lot will impose on health, whether it's setting up nightingale hospitals, or anything else. "

Except from the full fact website there were 17,000 more nurses in 2017 than in 2010, oh dear another tory nhs cut

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"investment in the NHS was cut long before 10 yrs ago, its been slowly happening over the last 30 yrs at least, my mother retired from nursing over 15 yrs ago and she always used to say how they needed more investment way back then."

Except the facts prove that's not true.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I felt at the times the whole thing was a publicity stunt.

Getting the army involved was daft but I guess it was to create an effect.

Would have been better to use the thousands of people involved in the exhibition industry who of course were not working and are experienced in quick erections (snigger) working to tight deadlines.

over a year ago

The recruitment is well underway

over a year ago

"The recruitment is well underway "

For porters?

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS
over a year ago

Blackpool

Propaganda fear statement

For the six o'clock news

0.00000000000001%

Of a single person being admitted to any of these white elephants.

I've actually heard they are getting ready to use the carehome method again, all be it this time they may test folks for neg first.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

If we need them then we have them - if we don't need them we can put in bunks for the CON-Spiracy Challenged!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Propaganda fear statement

For the six o'clock news

0.00000000000001%

I've actually heard they are getting ready to use the carehome method again, all be it this time they may test folks for neg first. "

Why do people think that “not death” means that everything is going to be okay... the combination of flu season plus COVID means more people may end up being hospitalised...

So if it becomes a capacity issue you could use the nightingale hospitals for COVID cases, and every one else to normal hospitals

By *az080378Woman
over a year ago

Cromer

For the six o'clock news

0.00000000000001%

I've actually heard they are getting ready to use the carehome method again, all be it this time they may test folks for neg first.

Why do people think that “not death” means that everything is going to be okay... the combination of flu season plus COVID means more people may end up being hospitalised...

So if it becomes a capacity issue you could use the nightingale hospitals for COVID cases, and every one else to normal hospitals "

I think to have hospitals devoted to covid patients would be the best idea,just need staff

over a year ago

For the six o'clock news

0.00000000000001%

So if it becomes a capacity issue you could use the nightingale hospitals for COVID cases, and every one else to normal hospitals "

That was the plan but hospitals never got anywhere near to full...

over a year ago

For the six o'clock news

0.00000000000001%

So if it becomes a capacity issue you could use the nightingale hospitals for COVID cases, and every one else to normal hospitals

That was the plan but hospitals never got anywhere near to full... "

Because they used the conventional hospitals and closed them to people who needed ongoing treatment.

If we are going to use these they need the staff to run them this time...whether it be taking 50% from the existing hospitals or seconding from other services...we need the existing hospitals to be open to non covid patients this time and to totally separate covid patients.

The nightingale are big bloody hospitals and they can be divided so they are not just aimed at ICU patients.

Just my opinion...

over a year ago

"investment in the NHS was cut long before 10 yrs ago, its been slowly happening over the last 30 yrs at least, my mother retired from nursing over 15 yrs ago and she always used to say how they needed more investment way back then.They need decent management they are very very ineficient.There can never be enough money it is a bottomless pit"

The NHS is the most cost effective health system in the world, that doesn’t mean it couldn’t be better managed but when it comes to costs measured against results it cannot be beaten.

over a year ago

"investment in the NHS was cut long before 10 yrs ago, its been slowly happening over the last 30 yrs at least, my mother retired from nursing over 15 yrs ago and she always used to say how they needed more investment way back then.

Except the facts prove that's not true."

Which facts?

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"investment in the NHS was cut long before 10 yrs ago, its been slowly happening over the last 30 yrs at least, my mother retired from nursing over 15 yrs ago and she always used to say how they needed more investment way back then.

Which facts?"

The facts that show there were more nurses in 2017 than 2010 and dpending on the nhs has not reduced despite lots of claims

over a year ago

Which facts?

The facts that show there were more nurses in 2017 than 2010 and dpending on the nhs has not reduced despite lots of claims"

There’s a difference between reducing spending and not increasing it by enough but both result in the NHS not having enough money.

Costs and demand rises in the NHS and the Conservatives tend not to keep pace with that, leaving it to Labour to spend more when they are in government.

There may well be more nurses than there were in 2010 but there are still 40,000 nursing vacancies, in 2010 there were around 8,000.

The world doesn’t stand still, the population gets older, more people live longer, the numbers of those living with chronic conditions grows. More staff are needed to deal with them.

This is not difficult stuff.

over a year ago

For the six o'clock news

0.00000000000001%

I seen they are opening one back up in Wales,but they are using it for non-covid patients...and using existing hospitals for covid patients. Seems like they have got it the wrong way round to me

By *eeker of truthMan
over a year ago

Manchester

For the six o'clock news

0.00000000000001%

I seen they are opening one back up in Wales,but they are using it for non-covid patients...and using existing hospitals for covid patients. Seems like they have got it the wrong way round to me "

i agree with this.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"investment in the NHS was cut long before 10 yrs ago, its been slowly happening over the last 30 yrs at least, my mother retired from nursing over 15 yrs ago and she always used to say how they needed more investment way back then.They need decent management they are very very ineficient.There can never be enough money it is a bottomless pit

The NHS is the most cost effective health system in the world, that doesn’t mean it couldn’t be better managed but when it comes to costs measured against results it cannot be beaten."

By *urboTongue21Man
over a year ago

Walsall

The Nightingale hospitals were created to increase bed capacity in the NHS; nobody in power ever said how we were going to staff them. So we have hospitals we cannot staff even if we need to.

Yes we have not trained nurses or doctors to the extent we needed them because government did not want to invest in that training and it has taken a pandemic to show that failure to be foolhardy and a threat to lives. Relying on importing nurses and doctors from abroad to meet demand was shortsighted.

Foreseeable crisis.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Simply question.

??????.

Beggars belief.

"

If CV19 gets out of control it's somewhere to put the worst cases to see out there days...

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"The Nightingale hospitals were created to increase bed capacity in the NHS; nobody in power ever said how we were going to staff them. So we have hospitals we cannot staff even if we need to.

Yes we have not trained nurses or doctors to the extent we needed them because government did not want to invest in that training and it has taken a pandemic to show that failure to be foolhardy and a threat to lives. Relying on importing nurses and doctors from abroad to meet demand was shortsighted.

Foreseeable crisis."

Except if you look at facts there are 660,000 thousand trained nurses in the uk compared to 530,000 in 2010, also there thousands of trained nurses elsewhere in the nhs who are capable of staffing the nightingale hospitals, K being one of them, as soon as the HIV started building the nightingale hospitals the NHS started making lists of the training skills and availability of thousands of ex nurses

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/10/20 17:41:42]

over a year ago

"Simply question.

??????.

Beggars belief.

If CV19 gets out of control it's somewhere to put the worst cases to see out there days..."

Sadly, yes.

By *eckyswings69_PlayCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I felt at the times the whole thing was a publicity stunt.

Getting the army involved was daft but I guess it was to create an effect.

Would have been better to use the thousands of people involved in the exhibition industry who of course were not working and are experienced in quick erections (snigger) working to tight deadlines."

It wasn't just the army involved private contractors where to. I know as my company was one of them involved

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

It's just a bigger form of trearge no hope move on to next save whot you can and not wast to much time on the worst cases.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"Unfortunately we have been running our NHS staff levels down for some time, so staff shortages became the norm before the pandemic. Whilst some student nurses worked valiantly during the worst of the crisis, we're at such ls that boosting physical capacity, without sufficient staff, may be good for headlines but it doesn't really give us much scope for improved service deliverym. We botched the imposed charges for overseas residents and their families to extend visas and to pay for their health treatment, so it's little wonder that we've deterred so many, especially with high volumes of ethnic minority staff and others who lost lives.

The Ministers in leadership, including in health, seem woefully below the standards levels of all health professionals that I know. It's hard to trust the reliability of much change this lot will impose on health, whether it's setting up nightingale hospitals, or anything else. "

Could be they had bigger plans, like making it easier to sell off to private companies.

By *urboTongue21Man
over a year ago

Walsall

"The Nightingale hospitals were created to increase bed capacity in the NHS; nobody in power ever said how we were going to staff them. So we have hospitals we cannot staff even if we need to.

Foreseeable crisis.

Except if you look at facts there are 660,000 thousand trained nurses in the uk compared to 530,000 in 2010, also there thousands of trained nurses elsewhere in the nhs who are capable of staffing the nightingale hospitals, K being one of them, as soon as the HIV started building the nightingale hospitals the NHS started making lists of the training skills and availability of thousands of ex nurses"

My point was that even if there were more now than 2010, there isn't enough to manage the demand or the capacity enlargement. And, having to recruit ex nurses proves the argument. Trying to staff the NHS by means of a labour market of ex staff is not clever...they will have the skills yes but you are reliant on their goodwill. I am sure there is plenty of that but we remain short of nurses.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

Foreseeable crisis.

Except if you look at facts there are 660,000 thousand trained nurses in the uk compared to 530,000 in 2010, also there thousands of trained nurses elsewhere in the nhs who are capable of staffing the nightingale hospitals, K being one of them, as soon as the HIV started building the nightingale hospitals the NHS started making lists of the training skills and availability of thousands of ex nurses

My point was that even if there were more now than 2010, there isn't enough to manage the demand or the capacity enlargement. And, having to recruit ex nurses proves the argument. Trying to staff the NHS by means of a labour market of ex staff is not clever...they will have the skills yes but you are reliant on their goodwill. I am sure there is plenty of that but we remain short of nurses."

Didnt mean ex nurses not working in the nhs, although I'm sure many would volunteer I'd needed, I meant many ex nurses who are still working in the nhs doing other roles, K is one and all NHS staff have filled out forms to record their previous roles so they can be called on if necessary. Also dont forget that most "normal" NHS work was cancelled. I'm sure there would be some issues but you are typical of many who just winge about stuff instead of finding solutions, too many people looking for problems and saying we cant do it instead of saying yes we can do it.The human race would still be living in caves if we all had such a defeatist attitude

By *urboTongue21Man
over a year ago

Walsall

Foreseeable crisis.

My point was that even if there were more now than 2010, there isn't enough to manage the demand or the capacity enlargement. And, having to recruit ex nurses proves the argument. Trying to staff the NHS by means of a labour market of ex staff is not clever...they will have the skills yes but you are reliant on their goodwill. I am sure there is plenty of that but we remain short of nurses.

Didnt mean ex nurses not working in the nhs, although I'm sure many would volunteer I'd needed, I meant many ex nurses who are still working in the nhs doing other roles, K is one and all NHS staff have filled out forms to record their previous roles so they can be called on if necessary. Also dont forget that most "normal" NHS work was cancelled. I'm sure there would be some issues but you are typical of many who just winge about stuff instead of finding solutions, too many people looking for problems and saying we cant do it instead of saying yes we can do it.The human race would still be living in caves if we all had such a defeatist attitude"

You mistake realism for defeatism...we can do it and we will do it because people believe in the nhs and in spite of political short termist decisions made by governments. Identifying the problem is how you get solutions. Not admitting there is a problem blinds you to improve things.

over a year ago

Have they reopened the Manchester nightingale yet?

Looks like it will be bloody needed

By *urboTongue21Man
over a year ago

Walsall

This thread originally asked if the Nightingale hospitals should now be online; there was a suggestion that covid treatment could be done in them leaving normal nhs services working as normal in normal hospitals. So all treatment continues and we don't miss things like cancer tests etc.

This would be the utopia if we had sufficient nurses (and doctors) already trained to staff the nightingales without shutting down the rest of the NHS.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"This thread originally asked if the Nightingale hospitals should now be online; there was a suggestion that covid treatment could be done in them leaving normal nhs services working as normal in normal hospitals. So all treatment continues and we don't miss things like cancer tests etc.

This would be the utopia if we had sufficient nurses (and doctors) already trained to staff the nightingales without shutting down the rest of the NHS."

Yes that would be fantastic. But that is the hole point with out staff how can you open a hospital

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"

You mistake realism for defeatism...we can do it and we will do it because people believe in the nhs and in spite of political short termist decisions made by governments. Identifying the problem is how you get solutions. Not admitting there is a problem blinds you to improve things."

The issue was identified as soon as the need to build the nightingale, that's why all the trusts sorted out what staff had what experience, also all the staff with experience working in private health care were also put on standby

By *urboTongue21Man
over a year ago

Walsall

"

You mistake realism for defeatism...we can do it and we will do it because people believe in the nhs and in spite of political short termist decisions made by governments. Identifying the problem is how you get solutions. Not admitting there is a problem blinds you to improve things.

The issue was identified as soon as the need to build the nightingale, that's why all the trusts sorted out what staff had what experience, also all the staff with experience working in private health care were also put on standby "

So do we have enough nurses and doctors to staff every hospital to full levels and Nightingales? In your opinion...

over a year ago

"

The issue was identified as soon as the need to build the nightingale, that's why all the trusts sorted out what staff had what experience, also all the staff with experience working in private health care were also put on standby

So do we have enough nurses and doctors to staff every hospital to full levels and Nightingales? In your opinion..."

We don’t have enough nurses and doctors to staff our current hospitals, let alone the Nightingales too.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"

So do we have enough nurses and doctors to staff every hospital to full levels and Nightingales? In your opinion..."

We have enough to cope,it will be a struggle at times no doubt but everyone involved will deliver the results, of course there will be plenty that will sit on the outside carping but that's the modern world

By *urboTongue21Man
over a year ago

Walsall

People on here do not seem to believe we have enough doctors and nurses to do what I have said...you believe so.

Time will tell if we can maintain normal NHS services and deal with covid at the same time. Our bed capacity is dictated by those numbers

By *orkshire_roses999Couple
over a year ago

yorkshire

nightingale hospitals, in theory are a brilliant thing. Getting all the people affected by CoVID-19 together so we can look after them all and prioritise the medications required...………

HOWEVER...……..

we are stretched for nurses and drs already...….where do they think the extras are coming from?

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"nightingale hospitals, in theory are a brilliant thing. Getting all the people affected by CoVID-19 together so we can look after them all and prioritise the medications required...………

HOWEVER...……..

we are stretched for nurses and drs already...….where do they think the extras are coming from?"

Read the thread it's all there

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"People on here do not seem to believe we have enough doctors and nurses to do what I have said...you believe so.

Time will tell if we can maintain normal NHS services and deal with covid at the same time. Our bed capacity is dictated by those numbers "

Most normal treatment was stopped during lockdown and will be again if numbers rise.

By *urboTongue21Man
over a year ago

Walsall

"People on here do not seem to believe we have enough doctors and nurses to do what I have said...you believe so.

Time will tell if we can maintain normal NHS services and deal with covid at the same time. Our bed capacity is dictated by those numbers

Most normal treatment was stopped during lockdown and will be again if numbers rise. "

That wasn't my premise if you read back...to have enough nurses to be able to staff hospitals normally and to deal with covid at Nightingales. That was what I asked because that is actually what we need.

By *r_FaustusMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"nightingale hospitals, in theory are a brilliant thing. Getting all the people affected by CoVID-19 together so we can look after them all and prioritise the medications required...………

HOWEVER...……..

we are stretched for nurses and drs already...….where do they think the extras are coming from?"

From the hospitals the patients come from, along with the ventilators

(As long as the patients are ok and safe to travel, because if they’re poorly, they might die, and that would affect the Nightingale hospital’s mortality statistics)

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

So do we have enough nurses and doctors to staff every hospital to full levels and Nightingales? In your opinion...

We have enough to cope,it will be a struggle at times no doubt but everyone involved will deliver the results, of course there will be plenty that will sit on the outside carping but that's the modern world"

How can you know that for a fact?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

No

The wife works in an A&E and at the moment is doing 6 days a week 12 hours+ a day as they are short staffed she should only be doing 4 days one week followed by 3 days the next she dose get time plus a thred on overtime.

over a year ago

We need more new hospitals..but properly staffed "

We have a brand new one in Liverpool. Only problem the builder made a right dogs ear of it ...

oh who were the builders you ask. Carillion.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

We have a brand new one in Liverpool. Only problem the builder made a right dogs ear of it ...

"

Another private sector health success story.

By *r_FaustusMan
over a year ago

Northampton

Another private sector health success story."

Like the whole of Serco Test & Trace

...and its app, that will not allow you to upload test results from a hospital or PHE

By *arahspiceCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Another private sector health success story."

Another pointless and ignorant response

By *arahspiceCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

HOWEVER...……..

I am shortly going back into nursing after a year break. I had worked as a nurse for 30 years but took a break due to work overload and long hours , we are at full capacity constantly that's the underlying issue...

By *orkshire_roses999Couple
over a year ago

yorkshire

"No

The wife works in an A&E and at the moment is doing 6 days a week 12 hours+ a day as they are short staffed she should only be doing 4 days one week followed by 3 days the next she dose get time plus a thred on overtime. "

Same here buddy,same here

By *ee And MikeCouple
over a year ago

Cannock

What I never understand is that the NHS is ranked between the 5th and 8th largest employer in the world and yet don’t have enough nurses and doctors - is it then full of ‘cream cake eaters’ sitting behind desks !

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lovemoney.com/galleries/amp/67573/the-worlds-30-biggest-employers

By *om girlCouple (FF)
over a year ago

South Yorkshire

In the war they took metal off fence etc to make people believe they was making bullets when really was wrong metal history lesson..Nighteengale the same thing will never get used coz no one to run them and if youve noticed no one on tv debate it

All covid patient should use it and free up hospitals spaces for cancer treatment and every other important operations

Because more people are going to die due to missed appointment

over a year ago

HOWEVER...……..

we are stretched for nurses and drs already...….where do they think the extras are coming from?

From the hospitals the patients come from, along with the ventilators

(As long as the patients are ok and safe to travel, because if they’re poorly, they might die, and that would affect the Nightingale hospital’s mortality statistics)"

So you think we should be taking nurses away from hospitals that are already understaffed and moving them to a Nightingale hospital?

I’m not sure you have any concept of how staffing works in the NHS.

By *urboTongue21Man
over a year ago

Walsall

Which is exactly why earlier in the thread I was arguing whatever numbers of nurses and doctors we have at the moment it isn't sufficient.

over a year ago

"Which is exactly why earlier in the thread I was arguing whatever numbers of nurses and doctors we have at the moment it isn't sufficient."

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Sussex

"What I never understand is that the NHS is ranked between the 5th and 8th largest employer in the world and yet don’t have enough nurses and doctors - is it then full of ‘cream cake eaters’ sitting behind desks !

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lovemoney.com/galleries/amp/67573/the-worlds-30-biggest-employers

"

What nonsense...

By *r_FaustusMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"

So you think we should be taking nurses away from hospitals that are already understaffed and moving them to a Nightingale hospital?

I’m not sure you have any concept of how staffing works in the NHS."

No, I think it’s a crazy idea. I’m a NHS physician, so I have a fair concept of how things work. I was just trying to describe the current set-up, and why the Nightingale Hospitals aren’t the panacea that Matt Hancock thinks they are.

We are very significantly short on Drs, nurses & AHPs, compared with other countries.

The “biggest employer” figures are interesting, but still don’t tell the whole story, because most other countries don’t have a single healthcare system / employer, so there is no direct comparison.

By *urboTongue21Man
over a year ago

Walsall

"

No, I think it’s a crazy idea. I’m a NHS physician, so I have a fair concept of how things work. I was just trying to describe the current set-up, and why the Nightingale Hospitals aren’t the panacea that Matt Hancock thinks they are.

We are very significantly short on Drs, nurses & AHPs, compared with other countries.

The “biggest employer” figures are interesting, but still don’t tell the whole story, because most other countries don’t have a single healthcare system / employer, so there is no direct comparison."

over a year ago

"

The “biggest employer” figures are interesting, but still don’t tell the whole story, because most other countries don’t have a single healthcare system / employer, so there is no direct comparison."

Sorry for the misunderstanding, no offence intended.

By *r_FaustusMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"

Sorry for the misunderstanding, no offence intended."

None taken; it’s so much harder to convey meaning (esp my own sarcasm / scepticism...!) by txt rather than face to face

(Alas not meeting, because I’ll probably be a greater risk to you than you are to me....!)

over a year ago

"

Sorry for the misunderstanding, no offence intended.

None taken; it’s so much harder to convey meaning (esp my own sarcasm / scepticism...!) by txt rather than face to face

(Alas not meeting, because I’ll probably be a greater risk to you than you are to me....!)"

Only slightly, one of us is an NHS worker too.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"The fucking country should be run like a business.

Richard Branson PM.

"

Jesus or the total opposite of this post. Education and healthcare should most certainly not be run for profit. That’s what got us into this mess in the first place.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The fucking country should be run like a business.

Richard Branson PM.

Jesus or the total opposite of this post. Education and healthcare should most certainly not be run for profit. That’s what got us into this mess in the first place. "

Unreal.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The NHS run strictly for profit?

Yep cant see any issues with that at all.

By *arentsgonebadCouple
over a year ago

sheffield

Was never needed in the first place so defiantly wont be needed now, just more money wasted, employing and staffing our wards properly instead of leaving us on 2 qualified on a nihht shift for 28 patients or 3 in the day nothing will change why?.... Because is doesn't make headline news, making a new "hospital and giving it a fancy name does"

Post new Message to Thread