Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Portugal Quarantine

Jump to newest

By *allySlinky OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

If I had been on holiday in Portugal and return to Leeds next week I would have to quarantine for two weeks as Portugal has an infection rate of 28. This seems ironic as Leeds has a rate of 57 so is far riskier !

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"If I had been on holiday in Portugal and return to Leeds next week I would have to quarantine for two weeks as Portugal has an infection rate of 28. This seems ironic as Leeds has a rate of 57 so is far riskier ! "

Portugal for a holiday is optional travel and you go knowing you have/may have to quarantine. Leeds is where you live, I am assuming you don't have the choice of leaving to live somewhere else. You could choose to stay there and not quarantine or you could go away and accept what may come of that. Unless you get a local lockdown, which if your figure is correct, probably isn't far off.

over a year ago

And Portugal still allows us in...baffling

over a year ago

Leeds

To stop the spread, why doesn't our government say that anyone living in an area with a rate of over 50 can't leave the area ?

over a year ago

Leeds

"And Portugal still allows us in...baffling "

Yes I'm baffled by that too

over a year ago

"To stop the spread, why doesn't our government say that anyone living in an area with a rate of over 50 can't leave the area ? "

I think it's down to the policing of it.

You must know they are running about like headless chickens by now.

But tbf two wrongs don't make a right...

over a year ago

Leeds

"

"

Boris paying a personal trainer £165 per hour so he can run faster

over a year ago

"

Boris paying a personal trainer £165 per hour so he can run faster"

Yep it didn't work as he's fatter then ever now

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

Yep it didn't work as he's fatter then ever now "

Body shaming - Yea. That's the way to go.

over a year ago

To be fair.

I reside in Portugal, the south (Algarve) and I found this governments response to the pandemic pretty amazing.

We didn’t have a single case of Covid-19 recorded in the Algarve until around a week after lockdown started (could have been longer).

To date we’ve had around 1200 cases in the Algarve in total and as little as 19 recorded deaths.

It’s Lisbon, Porto and the north that have seen the high cases but that’s because they (stupidly) let office workers remain in work but they closed bars, restaurants etc.

We’ve had tourists flocking from all over Europe in the Algarve for a few months (Algarve is 5000 sq KM in size) with only around 2/300 more cases since lock down ended and the restaurants, bars and hotels opening.

We have very strict guidelines and rules to follow when in public and it seems to have worked quite well.

I can understand the UK being concerned about people flying from Lisbon and Porto to the UK but I don’t understand quarantine from Faro airport. Makes no sense!

Maybe force a covid 19 test before flying yes but 2 weeks quarantine seems a little excessive.

There are places in the UK you can holiday that have seen higher cases recently than here.

over a year ago

"And Portugal still allows us in...baffling

Yes I'm baffled by that too "

I'm baffled as to why you are baffled. Our weekly rate is 14/100000 which is lower than Portugal. We quarantine people returning from/through countries who are 50% higher.... so above 20.

It's quite simple really.

Like many of the other guidelines ...unless you are a journalist looking for something to say or you have a political axe to grind....then it's "confusing"....my Arse!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/09/20 21:28:56]

over a year ago

I'm baffled as to why you are baffled. Our weekly rate is 14/100000 which is lower than Portugal. We quarantine people returning from/through countries who are 50% higher.... so above 20.

Like many of the other guidelines ...unless you are a journalist looking for something to say or you have a political axe to grind....then it's "confusing"....my Arse!!"

Hang on my little friend...I put my baffled remark based on the ops 59/100000 figures for leeds which is a lot higher then your 14/100000.

Now if we go on ours and other countries quarantine rules....my Arse would I let travellers from a airport that has a infection rate like that!!!

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"

Yep it didn't work as he's fatter then ever now "

Wow... Very clever

over a year ago

Leeds

"Our weekly rate is 14/100000 which is lower than Portugal. We quarantine people returning from/through countries who are 50% higher.... so above 20."

You are quoting the previous week's figure. The week to 7 September the UK is 21.3. Quarantine level.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Body shaming - Yea. That's the way to go."

maybe its the remense of the Covid he had... it fucks with lung capacity therefore you can't do as much exercise as you did...

and people only worry about "death rates".....

By *avidnsa69Man
over a year ago

Essex

Like many of the other guidelines ...unless you are a journalist looking for something to say or you have a political axe to grind....then it's "confusing"....my Arse!!"

Our 7 day rate hasnt been 14 for ages. It's 24.8 as of today. Portugal is 28.3

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Does anyone think 14, 20, 28 or even 50 per 100,000 are really small numbers for the actions being taken? I suspect more people will be dying of cancer due to not going to the docs or postponed treatments.

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

I’m just sick of it all

over a year ago

"And Portugal still allows us in...baffling "
they need tourists to keep there economy going thats why, they want you to go spend your money and if you get ill afterwards, well you will be going home so not there issue. Not blaming them either, most countries are putting economics ahead of health and welfare at the moment it seems.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Like many of the other guidelines ...unless you are a journalist looking for something to say or you have a political axe to grind....then it's "confusing"....my Arse!!

Hang on my little friend...I put my baffled remark based on the ops 59/100000 figures for leeds which is a lot higher then your 14/100000.

Now if we go on ours and other countries quarantine rules....my Arse would I let travellers from a airport that has a infection rate like that!!!

Your figures are correct but no country uses town, city or region figures to decide they use national ones, so your point is mute, really.

"

By *ohn n jodieCouple (MM)
over a year ago

warrington

Do the quarantine ! Either cut short the holidy and use days saved towards quarantine, cancekl the holiday and not face quarantine or have your full holiday and take extra leave ,Or catch it on first day then its only a 10 day quarantine on a positive test

over a year ago

"

maybe its the remense of the Covid he had... it fucks with lung capacity therefore you can't do as much exercise as you did...

and people only worry about "death rates"....."

Or maybe it was about the stance he made on obesity as it can give a harsher outcome. So one man's obesity is another mans name for fat...maybe I should have said hes more obese then ever. To be pc on here

over a year ago

"If I had been on holiday in Portugal and return to Leeds next week I would have to quarantine for two weeks as Portugal has an infection rate of 28. This seems ironic as Leeds has a rate of 57 so is far riskier ! "

Isn't it a bummer lol. Well its not as though the people going there didn't know the risk.

Oh by the way 10 miles away from Leeds the infection rate is in single numbers maybe the people living there want to keep it that way.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Does anyone think 14, 20, 28 or even 50 per 100,000 are really small numbers for the actions being taken? I suspect more people will be dying of cancer due to not going to the docs or postponed treatments. "

Possibly, but they aren't flying back from holiday with a risk of spreading a virus we are trying hard to manage

over a year ago

Leeds

"

Oh by the way 10 miles away from Leeds the infection rate is in single numbers maybe the people living there want to keep it that way."

The part of north Leeds I live in the infection rate is 14.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

Or maybe it was about the stance he made on obesity as it can give a harsher outcome. So one man's obesity is another mans name for fat...maybe I should have said hes more obese then ever. To be pc on here "

Just saying you were wrong to body shame would have done it.

over a year ago

"

Or maybe it was about the stance he made on obesity as it can give a harsher outcome. So one man's obesity is another mans name for fat...maybe I should have said hes more obese then ever. To be pc on here

Just saying you were wrong to body shame would have done it."

Problem is what I said was fact...get over it as I dont think I was wrong.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

Just saying you were wrong to body shame would have done it.

Problem is what I said was fact...get over it as I dont think I was wrong."

Yea. I'd have guessed you wouldn't.

By * and debbsCouple
over a year ago

Winchester

Meow

over a year ago

Same here and I am in portugal , algarve

over a year ago

So many experts here. I just want to see everyone running around naked and have fun. If we all going to die at least let's have some fun . Life in general is to fucking serious as it is. Fuck the numbers and almost that

By *ookMan
over a year ago

london

Lots of figure quoting and argumentative people... is it really the time to go on holiday? Ok and if you go stop.... I repeat stop fucking moaning about it!!! Make your choice and live with consequences. You pay your money you take a gamble. Sure that the some people of Portugal will welcome you ( tourist) with open arms... some will hate you. Figures seem a bit pointless these days don’t they surely common sense decisions ...well....make more sense!!!

By *DGF20Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Did you know that Croatia was fully open for summer season with around 12 million tourists this year, no travel restrictions and everything was open as usual...and there is around 17000 cases all together since March, how?

Post new Message to Thread