Jump to newest

By *rambed OP   Couple
over a year ago

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 12/08/20 19:38:47]

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I've just been on the NHS website checking the facts about how flu is transmitted. Exactly the same way as we are told Covid 19 is, ie people sneezing coughing touching their nose mouth then touching surfaces and also airborne droplets. So in 2017-18 there were 50,100 excess flu deaths (Office for National Statistics) my question is why didn't we lockdown and social distance then? Why didn't we do our moral obligation to protect others then? Why haven't we done so in the past when there has been excess flu deaths? (8 times in last 40 years) What makes Covid 19 that much different? I'm struggling to find an answer."

Covid has caused 64,000+ deaths in the UK already. And that's after months of lockdown. The figure could have been far bigger if we hadn't locked down.

over a year ago

Also, look up "why is Covid worse than flu?". You'll find plenty of answers there.

By *rambed OP   Couple
over a year ago

Sheffield

OK cheers

over a year ago

"OK cheers"

No problem.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"I've just been on the NHS website checking the facts about how flu is transmitted. Exactly the same way as we are told Covid 19 is, ie people sneezing coughing touching their nose mouth then touching surfaces and also airborne droplets. So in 2017-18 there were 50,100 excess flu deaths (Office for National Statistics) my question is why didn't we lockdown and social distance then? Why didn't we do our moral obligation to protect others then? Why haven't we done so in the past when there has been excess flu deaths? (8 times in last 40 years) What makes Covid 19 that much different? I'm struggling to find an answer.

Covid has caused 64,000+ deaths in the UK already. And that's after months of lockdown. The figure could have been far bigger if we hadn't locked down."

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS
over a year ago

Blackpool

FLU has killed more people in the UK than coronavirus for seven weeks in a row, new stats reveal today.

Almost five times as many people are now dying of influenza or pneumonia than Covid-19, according to the latest data from the Office for National Statistics.

Enough already, open up the god damn country.

I'm old enough to remember when they said lockdown was to save the NHS and flattern the curve....

By *ensualguy70TV/TS
over a year ago

Renfrew

it wasnt to save the NHS, it was to empty the hospitals cancel all operations and use the money to house all the migrants in hotels

over a year ago

"it wasnt to save the NHS, it was to empty the hospitals cancel all operations and use the money to house all the migrants in hotels"

See, I'm pretty sure that's an ironic joke. But after some of the things I've read on this place, I'm no longer sure.

By *ature friendly coupleCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

Another who thinks its flu,you people are not Doctors or Scientists,people have died thru this and still are dying,to many out there who think its all a lie, Elvis is dead and we did go to the moon.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS
over a year ago

Renfrew

And all these government advisors who tell the government fo lock us all down are not doctors either.

om seeing as you are a doctor whats the symptoms for flu, whats the symptoms for Covid 19????

So they say if you positive you nust stay at home and self isolate, ok there you are sat at home isolating, they havent prescribed any medication for this just like with the flu or a cold, there is no medicine that cures flu or a cold hou just have to ride it out, just like they want you to do with Covid 19.

Now if its good enough for Neil Ferguson, Dominic Cummings and Mrs Calderwood to travel about when thdy advised we lock down, then its good enough for me.

I dont believe im doing anything wrong by not wearing a mask just as Dominic Cummings didnt believe he did anything wrong travelling to Barnard Castle

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

"Another who thinks its flu(granted),you people are not Doctors or Scientists (Are you sure and do they have to be?),people have died thru this and still are dying,( same with flu)to many out there who think its all a lie, (they’re questioning bits of it yes) Elvis is dead and we did go to the moon."
proof?

over a year ago

"Another who thinks its flu(granted),you people are not Doctors or Scientists (Are you sure and do they have to be?),people have died thru this and still are dying,( same with flu)to many out there who think its all a lie, (they’re questioning bits of it yes) Elvis is dead and we did go to the moon. proof? "

Proof Elvis is dead? Well ... he hasn't had any new songs for quite a while. That's a bit suspicious.

And on the moon landings, who knows? If only there was ample footage and documenation.

over a year ago

Oops. I missed a T in my spelling . Maybe those evil aliens stole it. The same ones who killed JFK.

over a year ago

"Another who thinks its flu(granted),you people are not Doctors or Scientists (Are you sure and do they have to be?),people have died thru this and still are dying,( same with flu)to many out there who think its all a lie, (they’re questioning bits of it yes) Elvis is dead and we did go to the moon. proof?

Proof Elvis is dead? Well ... he hasn't had any new songs for quite a while. That's a bit suspicious.

And on the moon landings, who knows? If only there was ample footage and documenation."

Suspicious minds.

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"FLU has killed more people in the UK than coronavirus for seven weeks in a row, new stats reveal today.

Almost five times as many people are now dying of influenza or pneumonia than Covid-19, according to the latest data from the Office for National Statistics.

I'm old enough to remember when they said lockdown was to save the NHS and flattern the curve.... "

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/907349/National_Influenza_report_06_August_2020_week_32.pdf

Read and stop spreading the lies!

over a year ago

"FLU has killed more people in the UK than coronavirus for seven weeks in a row, new stats reveal today.

I'm old enough to remember when they said lockdown was to save the NHS and flattern the curve....

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/907349/National_Influenza_report_06_August_2020_week_32.pdf

"

I try facts occasionally. But some people do seem immune to them.

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

I try facts occasionally. But some people do seem immune to them."

So many people seems to mention the likes of ONS and some stats but then fail to provide the source. Makes me think that perhaps they are gullible enough to just believe X as long as it mentions a reliable source.

over a year ago

So many people seems to mention the likes of ONS and some stats but then fail to provide the source. Makes me think that perhaps they are gullible enough to just believe X as long as it mentions a reliable source."

Who needs facts when you can just take the word of your sister's uncle's best friend who heard it from some geezer down the pub?

over a year ago

So many people seems to mention the likes of ONS and some stats but then fail to provide the source. Makes me think that perhaps they are gullible enough to just believe X as long as it mentions a reliable source."

Probably because of confusion over what links are permitted.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

There have been 306 thousand deaths from flu so-far this year world-wide. There have been 774 thousands of deaths attributed to corinavirus since late February... thats more than twice as many in two months less.

Cal

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

How come it takes 7 years to train a gp when a swinger can read an article in 20 minutes .

Mind boggling stuff guys

Post new Message to Thread