Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Second wave narrative

Jump to newest

By *etsome OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

Is the constant pushing of there probably being a second wave by the msm (and bbc in particular) scaremongering and causing unnecessary alarm - particularly if there is no second wave?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Is the constant pushing of there probably being a second wave by the msm (and bbc in particular) scaremongering and causing unnecessary alarm - particularly if there is no second wave? "

No, stop reading conspiracy theories.

By *etsome OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

"Is the constant pushing of there probably being a second wave by the msm (and bbc in particular) scaremongering and causing unnecessary alarm - particularly if there is no second wave?

No, stop reading conspiracy theories."

What conspiracy theory?

By *spotpleasurerMan
over a year ago

Norwich

Governments have the duty to warn us of the possibility of a second wave and prepare for it. I'm sure they'd be delighted if it did not happen but it's not scaremongering to consider the scenario.

We have annual waves after all for influenza, another viral infection. Personally, I'm hopeful that a second coronavirus wave will be a lot smaller and controlled locally without a national lockdown.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"Is the constant pushing of there probably being a second wave by the msm (and bbc in particular) scaremongering and causing unnecessary alarm - particularly if there is no second wave? "

Where is the scare mongering and unnecessary alarm. All that they are saying is we all need to keep up the hygiene and social distancing measures. If we do we can make the 2nd wave if there is one as small as possible. The nhs is some winters pushed to its limit by flu. A covid outbreak like we had earlier in the year on top would swamp it completely.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Thread closed ??

Any reference to “MSM” and it’s tinfoil hats all round.

over a year ago

Not a second wave as such just never gone away. Aberdeen in lockdown today because the the virus took hold in a city pub, 13, 27, and now 50 plus cases and spreading in the community now. It takes little to allow the spread and as it is thought to be more prevalent in colder weather, then warm pubs and winter look to be a great combination for an increase. Add to this the return to school and the possibility of taking the virus home to extended family by kids and the media will have a field day but they will just be highlighting a very unsurprising outcome of increased contact.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Given that we are in the first wave still and that other pandemics have had mmm ore than one wave how us it scare mongering to mention iys a probable/possible event?

over a year ago

The way my local radio station ( a BBC one) covers stories of a second wave would have you believe it's an absolute certainty

Time will tell.

over a year ago

You don’t seem to hear the actual experts using the term second wave. They seem to use the term spikes.

I think it’s a media thing as it makes better headlines.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Probably, yes. But scaremongering, shock and outrage sells newspapers/gains clicks.

I do think that a lot of the media haven't really helped with their style of coverage during this pandemic.

over a year ago

"Is the constant pushing of there probably being a second wave by the msm (and bbc in particular) scaremongering and causing unnecessary alarm - particularly if there is no second wave?

Thread closed ??

Any reference to “MSM” and it’s tinfoil hats all round. "

I think some on here wear tinfoil condoms too ..

over a year ago

"Governments have the duty to warn us of the possibility of a second wave and prepare for it. I'm sure they'd be delighted if it did not happen but it's not scaremongering to consider the scenario.

We have annual waves after all for influenza, another viral infection. Personally, I'm hopeful that a second coronavirus wave will be a lot smaller and controlled locally without a national lockdown."

That is what is happening.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"The way my local radio station ( a BBC one) covers stories of a second wave would have you believe it's an absolute certainty

Time will tell."

It is stop being an ostrich

Post new Message to Thread