Back to forum list
Back to Virus

UK coronavirus rules relaxed for people with autism and learning disabilities

Jump to newest

By *itonmyfacebook OP   Man
over a year ago

Burton on Trent

No one's pulling a fast one. This is essential:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/14/uk-coronavirus-rules-autism-learning-disabilities-lockdown?CMP=share_btn_fb

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's great news and I hope that police will be able to understand and help accordingly, rather than add stress or barriers to people.

over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"It's great news and I hope that police will be able to understand and help accordingly, rather than add stress or barriers to people. "

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Fully sympathise with families and people with learning disabilities, but this illustrates exactly our libertarianism is the highest priority, as Boris himself said we have an inalienable right to go to the pub. Meanwhile on the UAE you need to apply online if you want to leave the house , and no one is dying of COVID-19

over a year ago

Burton on Trent

We digress I fear.

Boris's comments about our right to go to the pub seemed to suggest that our unique national identity would be a weapon against Covid-19. Really?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

This is very good news but I had thought that there already was allowances being made.. as some of the people I'm helping fall into this category and we have been ignoring social distancing because they simply dont understand

over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"This is very good news but I had thought that there already was allowances being made.. as some of the people I'm helping fall into this category and we have been ignoring social distancing because they simply dont understand "

Yes. It was in the guidelines from the start. But it's now the mighty Guardian telling us. Of the 4 guys I work with one has the capacity to basically understand that there are some nasty germs about ATM.

For some autistic people things like a few short bike rides a day are essential to keep a level head. Especially under current circumstances.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"This is very good news but I had thought that there already was allowances being made.. as some of the people I'm helping fall into this category and we have been ignoring social distancing because they simply dont understand

Yes. It was in the guidelines from the start. But it's now the mighty Guardian telling us. Of the 4 guys I work with one has the capacity to basically understand that there are some nasty germs about ATM.

For some autistic people things like a few short bike rides a day are essential to keep a level head. Especially under current circumstances. "

as I said on a post thr other day. One lad I know got scared to death by a carer wearing ppe. His mum had to ring me to go get him out of the room where he had locked himself. I convinced him that those wearing ppe were like super heroes and coronavirus is a super villain that they are fighting.. a bit like ant man and to small to see x

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

Children and adults with mental health conditions were always allowed to continue routines, with as much social distancing as possible.

I fear agoraphobia is going to be one of the issues we face in the near future though

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I dont understand, where is the discrimination in all this, what am I missing?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Fully sympathise with families and people with learning disabilities, but this illustrates exactly our libertarianism is the highest priority, as Boris himself said we have an inalienable right to go to the pub. Meanwhile on the UAE you need to apply online if you want to leave the house , and no one is dying of COVID-19"

It's not that libertarianism is our highest priority but that some people need adjustments that cater for them. The management of this health crisis is the priority and its standard practice to treat an individual person as an individual - there are parallels.

It may be more difficult for people who have had fewer encounters with people who have some challenges that most don't and the issues that can develop if they're not responded to in ways that cater for them. This current period is about affording everyone to have some reasonable opportunities for health now, whilst also helping to curtail the virus from causing significant harm to many more in future. Some simple adjustments for some, whilst we are all having to adjust to a different lifestyle, is a tiny aspect of life that can make a huge improvement for the lives of others.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

This is a good thing and rules should be relaxed in certain cases

By *aygnt2021Man
over a year ago

Kidderminster

Let's see how many people come out and say they have autism now just to get out of the house

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Let's see how many people come out and say they have autism now just to get out of the house"

Let's hope no one is that disrespectful...

over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"Let's see how many people come out and say they have autism now just to get out of the house"

Do you really think that it's easy to blagg it?

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"Children and adults with mental health conditions were always allowed to continue routines, with as much social distancing as possible.

I fear agoraphobia is going to be one of the issues we face in the near future though "

I agree with you. I was watching a youngster on TV who was saying he was so happy to just stay home, no anxiety, no panic attacks, quite content. Clearly going back to ‘normal’ will be a challenge for that little fella.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Children and adults with mental health conditions were always allowed to continue routines, with as much social distancing as possible.

I fear agoraphobia is going to be one of the issues we face in the near future though

I agree with you. I was watching a youngster on TV who was saying he was so happy to just stay home, no anxiety, no panic attacks, quite content. Clearly going back to ‘normal’ will be a challenge for that little fella. "

Bless him..

Post new Message to Thread