Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Distancing

Jump to newest

By *itonmyfacebook OP   Man
over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Anyone see QT and what Rachel Reeves said?

"We should practice physical distancing [yes, sadly not good for this swinging malarkey] and social connectedness".

How much difference a tweak of the terminology would make.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heLaserGuyMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I thought that, it should be physically distancing, social distancing implies no contact at all with other people.

We only need to physically be apart from others.

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Bloody impossible when working in a small shop with 4 staff

over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"Bloody impossible when working in a small shop with 4 staff"

They were talking royal mail sorting offices being really bad for this on the news earlier. Bosses need to get it sorted.

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Doesn't matter what they call it, people need to use their own brains....stay away from other people. Simple.

I do agree that it should have been called "physical distancing though"

By *emptd2Man
over a year ago

Burgess Hill & Birmingham

They've been using the wrong terminology since day one.

Social distancing implies you are cutting yourself from everyone when this is not the case.

Physical distancing is the correct term because we can still contact other people we just can't visit them personally.

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

"They've been using the wrong terminology since day one.

Social distancing implies you are cutting yourself from everyone when this is not the case.

Physical distancing is the correct term because we can still contact other people we just can't visit them personally. "

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

I'm finding it difficult, had to take my car for a new tyre, I stood away from the guy doing the work and backed away when he walked in my direction, Normally I would have engaged, chatted, taken an interest in what he was doing, asked to see the old tyre etc, didn't do any of that.

Something normally I would feel rude about doing is now accepted.

over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"I'm finding it difficult, had to take my car for a new tyre, I stood away from the guy doing the work and backed away when he walked in my direction, Normally I would have engaged, chatted, taken an interest in what he was doing, asked to see the old tyre etc, didn't do any of that.

Something normally I would feel rude about doing is now accepted."

Interaction with the post woman, when I took a small parcel off her for the neighbours yesterday, was awkward.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"I'm finding it difficult, had to take my car for a new tyre, I stood away from the guy doing the work and backed away when he walked in my direction, Normally I would have engaged, chatted, taken an interest in what he was doing, asked to see the old tyre etc, didn't do any of that.

Interaction with the post woman, when I took a small parcel off her for the neighbours yesterday, was awkward."

Well that wasn’t sensible was it ?

over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Interaction with the post woman, when I took a small parcel off her for the neighbours yesterday, was awkward.

Well that wasn’t sensible was it ?"

They weren't in. It's something I've always done.

Post new Message to Thread