Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Permanent residency for foreign people here

Jump to newest

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Should we provide free permanent residency visas for citizens of foreign countries working in the health service here during this virus epidemic? I'm inclined to think that we should err towards providing this, based on the high risks that they have taken for us.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Why assume they want it?

By *eepster69Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

"Should we provide free permanent residency visas for citizens of foreign countries working in the health service here during this virus epidemic? I'm inclined to think that we should err towards providing this, based on the high risks that they have taken for us. "

I don't think blanket visas would be appropriate. Health workers would be facing the same risks no matter where they were working at present.

What I do think has become apparent to many of us during this, is how important previously considered unskilled jobs are to our everyday lives.

What I hope will happen is that the wages of Cleaners, Shop workers, Nurses, Carers etc etc will increase to a level where they are staffed by the UK workforce. I also hope us as the public continue to give them the respect they deserve.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Should we provide free permanent residency visas for citizens of foreign countries working in the health service here during this virus epidemic? I'm inclined to think that we should err towards providing this, based on the high risks that they have taken for us.

I don't think blanket visas would be appropriate. Health workers would be facing the same risks no matter where they were working at present.

What I do think has become apparent to many of us during this, is how important previously considered unskilled jobs are to our everyday lives.

What I hope will happen is that the wages of Cleaners, Shop workers, Nurses, Carers etc etc will increase to a level where they are staffed by the UK workforce. I also hope us as the public continue to give them the respect they deserve."

I wish that would happen but, we value the wrong people. Traders and bankers will be seen as our saviours again. I hope we can do better after this but greed will always win

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Should we provide free permanent residency visas for citizens of foreign countries working in the health service here during this virus epidemic? I'm inclined to think that we should err towards providing this, based on the high risks that they have taken for us.

What I hope will happen is that the wages of Cleaners, Shop workers, Nurses, Carers etc etc will increase to a level where they are staffed by the UK workforce. I also hope us as the public continue to give them the respect they deserve.

I wish that would happen but, we value the wrong people. Traders and bankers will be seen as our saviours again. I hope we can do better after this but greed will always win"

Until the public demand a change nothing can change.

We place more value on entertainment such as actors and singers rather than cleaners and doctors and nurses etc.

The bankers caused our recession and austerity yet the poor were the ones suffering.

As far as I can recall no banker or bank made any payment or reparations for basically screwing up the economy.

The disparity is clear in society yet all that will happen is what happens after most pandemics or tragedy...nothing.

People will behave back to their habitual ways and the heroes will be forgotten.

Of course dont worry your cotton socks though because you can simply stand in the streets, forget social distancing and clap for the true heroes...

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Would you personally like this?

Even though there are reasons why it may not happen.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Havent they been extended by a year?

Post new Message to Thread