Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to UK

Buying in Lincoln

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm looking to buy my own place soon, in Lincoln, and I was wondering if any of you Fabsters had any advice and/or experience of areas to look at or avoid

C

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nnocent and RaunchyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester /London

The area around the cathedral is very nice, as are most of the outlying villages. I would avoid the south part of the city tho...

over a year ago

"The area around the cathedral is very nice, as are most of the outlying villages. I would avoid the south part of the city tho... "

Good to know thanks, any particular reason to avoid the south?

C

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

Like anything. Depends what your budget is and what your needs are. We are in between Villages near Newark and Grantham.

Compared to a lot of the UK prices are pretty good.

over a year ago

"Like anything. Depends what your budget is and what your needs are. We are in between Villages near Newark and Grantham.

Compared to a lot of the UK prices are pretty good. "

The prices was one of the big draws to Lincoln for me, that and the location is pretty ideal for me. I'm not looking for anything too rural either.

C

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Avoid st giles

over a year ago

I think villages in the outskirts are all lovely but if you don't want too rural than Hykeham is a good compromise as it's close enough to the city to be convenient but also a nice area. It's ever growing though! Traffic is a bit of a nightmare wherever you are near the city. Really depends on your budget. The Bailgate area is great for boutiques and restaurants but i wouldn't want to live there.

over a year ago

"I think villages in the outskirts are all lovely but if you don't want too rural than Hykeham is a good compromise as it's close enough to the city to be convenient but also a nice area. It's ever growing though! Traffic is a bit of a nightmare wherever you are near the city. Really depends on your budget. The Bailgate area is great for boutiques and restaurants but i wouldn't want to live there. "

Thanks for the info Bit late now as I'm now in the process of buying one just outside Lincoln, thanks all the same though

C

over a year ago

"I think villages in the outskirts are all lovely but if you don't want too rural than Hykeham is a good compromise as it's close enough to the city to be convenient but also a nice area. It's ever growing though! Traffic is a bit of a nightmare wherever you are near the city. Really depends on your budget. The Bailgate area is great for boutiques and restaurants but i wouldn't want to live there.

Thanks for the info Bit late now as I'm now in the process of buying one just outside Lincoln, thanks all the same though

C"

Sorry! Hope it all goes well, buying a house is so stressful! Let us know if you'd like a proper welcome to the area

By *aidBackGent247Man
over a year ago

Lincoln

I think I've just read that you're buying just outside Lincoln? If you need any help with information regarding this beautiful City, let me know. I can also help with other thinhsn Good luck! X

By *aidBackGent247Man
over a year ago

Lincoln

"I think I've just read that you're buying just outside Lincoln? If you need any help with information regarding this beautiful City, let me know. I can also help with other thinhsn Good luck! X"

Things*

Post new Message to Thread