Login here

Back to forum list
Back to UK

Hotel lift access

Jump to newest

By *adeZ OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Sutton

Hi I know this might be a silly question but how I can find out if the hotel lift requires key card in advance when I book?

Thing is I like to have guests directly to my room and I don’t have to go downstairs to pick them up. Obviously hotels will vary on this and I just feel a bit weird calling them asking this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

On TripAdvisor you can ask the question and somebody who has stayed there may answer.

Though we've not stayed at one, apparently to access the rooms at a Campanile hotel you don't have to go past reception, the rooms are accessible direct from the car park.

By *adeZ OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Sutton

Great, thank you dear

By *layawaydaysMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Our first meet was in a hotel in manchester. Met the guy and took him for the lift, rigger boots and bi-viz, must have been so obvious. Unless we had a leaky pipe in the room lol

By *umalotagainMan
over a year ago

a town called malice

"Hi I know this might be a silly question but how I can find out if the hotel lift requires key card in advance when I book?

Thing is I like to have guests directly to my room and I don’t have to go downstairs to pick them up. Obviously hotels will vary on this and I just feel a bit weird calling them asking this? "

Seems common to need a key card at premier inn now, not so much at travel lodge and campanile are all mor style straight onto the car park

Always varies though especially in the city

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

If you have the time, pop into the hotel and try the lifts yourself. Just act like you're meant to be there. A cheery smile to reception works wonders! If it needs a key card - pat your pockets, look exasperated and 'go to your car to get it'

By *adeZ OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Sutton

Haha yeah that’s true, but mostly I just book online for other cities, so probably a bit difficult to do on-site research

Well next time when I’m in any city I can just randomly walk into some chain hotels and have a check

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Haha yeah that’s true, but mostly I just book online for other cities, so probably a bit difficult to do on-site research

Well next time when I’m in any city I can just randomly walk into some chain hotels and have a check "

Generally the newer chained hotels we find you need a room card for the lift, older hotels not so much. For example, we stay at the Aston Court Hotel in Derby, it doesn't even have a lift, you just walk past reception and up the stairs.

Post new Message to Thread