Login here

Back to forum list
Back to World Wide

Thai advice

Jump to newest

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

I'm off traveling for a while to Myanmar (Burma) and possibly Malaysia on Sunday. Planning to finish on a nice beach in Southern Thailand.

Anyone any tips for somewhere chilled and not full of spoilt kids covered in fluro paint, pissed on bucket cocktails?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Can I come plzzzzzz

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

"Can I come plzzzzzz"

Yeah. Book a ticket and join in

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Can I come plzzzzzz

Yeah. Book a ticket and join in "

Don't tempt me. it would be way to easy belive me

By *apperpapiMan
over a year ago

Chester

You can choose between Koh Samui, Ko Phi Phi where Maya Bay (lagoon from the movie The Beach) is or Phuket. You can also visit Koh Phangan if full moon parties are your thing, check the schedules though. AirAsia will be your friend for your low-cost carrier needs.

By *bandjam91Couple
over a year ago

London

Railay peninsula or Khao Lak

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

"You can choose between Koh Samui, Ko Phi Phi where Maya Bay (lagoon from the movie The Beach) is or Phuket. You can also visit Koh Phangan if full moon parties are your thing, check the schedules though. AirAsia will be your friend for your low-cost carrier needs."

Looking for more laid back places to be honest

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

"Railay peninsula or Khao Lak"

Thanks

By *JWMan
over a year ago

caerphilly

Just back from a week at each of koh phangan koh Samui and Phuket. For me there was no wow factor in koh phangan and the place I would return to would be the cheweng beach area of koh Samui. Lovely beach a mix of busy and quiet. Have a great trip and enjoy whatever you choose

By *lessure_you69Man
over a year ago

Sydney

"I'm off traveling for a while to Myanmar (Burma) and possibly Malaysia on Sunday. Planning to finish on a nice beach in Southern Thailand.

Anyone any tips for somewhere chilled and not full of spoilt kids covered in fluro paint, pissed on bucket cocktails? "

Koh Samui was the most chilled island, comparing to Koh Phangan & Phuket. Any idea on when are you landing in Thailand?

Have a safe & fantastic holiday.

Xx.

By *bandjam91Couple
over a year ago

London

"Railay peninsula or Khao Lak

Thanks "

Welcome x

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

Currently _ooking at Kohs Lanta, Phayam, Phangan and Tao.

Just need someone to spend the time with

By *eckenham2Couple
over a year ago

bromley

Agree with koh lanta & Railay beach if you want real laid back..... we will be in both areas very soon...... hoping to bump into some people just like you!!! X

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We had a lovely chilled time in Koh Lipe down off the south-west coast a couple of years back. Small, lively and walk-able. Next to no cars.

You mention Malaysia, you can get ferry to Malaysian island Langkawi (duty-free) in no time. Mrs V is currently on her back on Langkawi now!

By *cuk1999Man
over a year ago

Canary Islands

Koh Tao can be great .. full of divers but you can find nice secluded areas and less of the full moon party numptys there ...

By *ooking atMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Krabi ao nang is chilled easy to get to fly from bkk to krabi airasia once there can ferry across to koh lanta which is very chilled also have your choices of phi phi phuket karon in phuket is more laid back than the hetic patong which is close enough for night out

By *ooking atMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Also koh samet

By *ickyouallover123Man
over a year ago

f

Another option is Surin Beach, heading there mid Feb, somewhere away from the maddening crowds but still get to sample the real Thailand

By *his40Man
over a year ago

centre

When you say quiet I presume still loads of bars restaurants girls etc there or is it quiet as in very little nightlife

By *ed1boxMan
over a year ago

Braintree

"Agree with koh lanta & Railay beach if you want real laid back..... we will be in both areas very soon...... hoping to bump into some people just like you!!! X"

Yes definitely these two places are really chilled....Enjoy!

By *iSTARess OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm flying out to Myanmar tomorrow then in Thailand from 21st January to 16th February

By *onjourCouple
over a year ago

Essex

Hi, been reading your post with interest. We fly out to Bangkok tomorrow and traveling around Asia. Just had a look at my phone and it says you are within a quarter of a mile. What a coincidence. We are in the Premier Inn T5. Enjoy your trip and have fun. Jack & Jill x

By *ickyouallover123Man
over a year ago

f

"Thanks for the advice guys. I'm flying out to Myanmar tomorrow then in Thailand from 21st January to 16th February "
Have fun, so looking forward to some awesome street food, hot weather and chilling.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

More chilled out places id suggest phi phi island or maya bay and krabi or chang mai im in thailand end of jan to 7th Feb

Post new Message to Thread