Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Are we all experts in everything?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

WHO advises minimal contact; some people here don't care. Some people say it is not dangerous. Some people compare it to the flu, which has affected the whole population, while coronavirus is a very very young virus. Why don't we listen to the experts and we think that we know better than them?

Some are still organising parties and are waiting for the government to ban them. People are the government, people should be responsible for themselves!

No, we are not all going to die, and yes it affects mainly elderly and at risk groups. Do we need to make it easier for them to die?

We also don't know a lot about the virus, some experts (not random people in social media) are talking about potential implications.

I am not saying to panic, just be careful and cautious for the next few weeks (only a few weeks!!) to slow down the spread and learn more about it. Be responsible for yourselves and the people around you. Just a few weeks.

Ps. Apologies for the long thread, just wanted to write down my thoughts after reading the comments in another one.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What you say makes complete sense and should be obvious, really, but unfortunately an awful lot of swingers are as thick as two short planks of wood. Actually, make that four short planks of wood.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

"WHO advises minimal contact; some people here don't care. Some people say it is not dangerous. Some people compare it to the flu, which has affected the whole population, while coronavirus is a very very young virus. Why don't we listen to the experts and we think that we know better than them?

Some are still organising parties and are waiting for the government to ban them. People are the government, people should be responsible for themselves!

No, we are not all going to die, and yes it affects mainly elderly and at risk groups. Do we need to make it easier for them to die?

We also don't know a lot about the virus, some experts (not random people in social media) are talking about potential implications.

I am not saying to panic, just be careful and cautious for the next few weeks (only a few weeks!!) to slow down the spread and learn more about it. Be responsible for yourselves and the people around you. Just a few weeks.

Ps. Apologies for the long thread, just wanted to write down my thoughts after reading the comments in another one. "

I completely with this. I even went to Birmingham this weekend and had a great time, sex and clubbing. Lots of people out and the bars etc were heaving.

Just a day later and the atmosphere has changed, I'm worried about my business, the staff and financial issues. I'm not worried about catching the virus but it doesn't now seem quite right to meet random strangers for sex.

over a year ago

I agree with you. We should all be aware of the crisis and be cautious. But as the person above says there's too many idiots on here who don't give a flying fuck x good thread

over a year ago

There are very few people on fab who would brag about being in to barebacking. We see safe sex repeatedly espoused by clubs and individuals alike. Why? Because unprotected sex is irresponsible, as it leads to infections that won’t necessarily kill but have that potential.

And yet, plenty of people on the forums seem to take pride is eschewing the official advice regarding this new virus.

I guess it’s easy to shrug off responsibility when the virus is most contagious in the early symptom free stage and you may never know who gave it to you, nor who you contaminate in turn.

I agree with the above. There’s plenty stupid, selfish people.

By *atexbisexTV/TS
over a year ago

Central London

"plenty of people on the forums seem to take pride is eschewing the official advice regarding this new virus

"

I've been keeping an eye on these forums since last week and have been dumbfounded by the flippant attitude that many people are taking toward this

over a year ago

Well I'm one of those who carries on regardless. The virus is here, nobody knows the exact figures of the infected and majority will get through it without even realising what they had since no testing is done for mild symptoms.

I'm not going to lock myself and my family in the panic room and sit hugging my knees and rocking forwards and backwards whispering gibberish.

Yes, I can lose a third of my family to this but the life goes on and I just carry on as normal.

I still need to work to pay my bills and get to the shops to keep my family fed and clothed. And if I want to meet a fried or a stranger for a cup of coffee in between, so I shall.

over a year ago

"Well I'm one of those who carries on regardless. The virus is here, nobody knows the exact figures of the infected and majority will get through it without even realising what they had since no testing is done for mild symptoms.

I'm not going to lock myself and my family in the panic room and sit hugging my knees and rocking forwards and backwards whispering gibberish.

Yes, I can lose a third of my family to this but the life goes on and I just carry on as normal.

I still need to work to pay my bills and get to the shops to keep my family fed and clothed. And if I want to meet a fried or a stranger for a cup of coffee in between, so I shall."

over a year ago

Dude you would all stay in doors if they said we shoot to kill ...

By *andy cane321Couple
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Dude you would all stay in doors if they said we shoot to kill ... "

Im sure if they said Corona virus had a 100% death rate we would stay in doors too

over a year ago

"Dude you would all stay in doors if they said we shoot to kill ... "

How about raining rocks? Even better, the sun is splitting and you'll get vapourised if you even dare to look outside

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"There are very few people on fab who would brag about being in to barebacking. We see safe sex repeatedly espoused by clubs and individuals alike. Why? Because unprotected sex is irresponsible, as it leads to infections that won’t necessarily kill but have that potential.

And yet, plenty of people on the forums seem to take pride is eschewing the official advice regarding this new virus.

I guess it’s easy to shrug off responsibility when the virus is most contagious in the early symptom free stage and you may never know who gave it to you, nor who you contaminate in turn.

I agree with the above. There’s plenty stupid, selfish people."

I've seen no where credible stating virus is contagious before onset of symptoms. The article also tells you how long the virus is contagious for outside of the body.

Various time lines of onset of symptoms varies person to person current health being factors

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2762808/incubation-period-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-from-publicly-reported

feel free to read can look on nhs websites, other medical journals.

Also 14 days quarantine may not be enough for those who are in good health as 101 out 100k people will have onset of symptoms after 15 days incubation.

So if youre sick stay home. If you come to the point you need an ambulance ring one. Other than that keep yourself isolated if the symptoms are manageable and don't take ibuprofen or other anti inflammatories.

For the frail and people with severe health conditions hospitalization is common after 1 day of onset average to 5 days after symptoms have began.

Scaremongering people is what's causing panic and the worlds populations tearing each other to pieces over things such as toilet roll. When it comes from a CREDIBLE source then believe it. Seriously people need to expand their reading content.

One article I have come across states you can get it from saliva and mucus but says kissing an infected person they cannot pass the virus on because it's not an std (Seriously!?!) Check where the articles come from.

Post new Message to Thread