FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

How come (fab community) think the current situation is a joke?

Jump to newest

By *ieutenant OP   Man
over a year ago

london

Suprise to see people still posting Gangbangs meets and Clubs event. Some peoples don't realised how serious this virus is killing people..

Meeting strangers now is not a wise move. Life is too precious.Be a responsible

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I keep up to date with the news.... and of all 140,000 cases ( of which there will actually be many many more who never knew they had it or have it) under 7,000 have died of the worlds population it wont even calculate as a percentage. It actually just comes as 0%

So while I'm aware of it. I'm not panicking. I'm carrying on as normal. I'm still doing gangbangs and clubs till the clubs shut x

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I keep up to date with the news.... and of all 140,000 cases ( of which there will actually be many many more who never knew they had it or have it) under 7,000 have died of the worlds population it wont even calculate as a percentage. It actually just comes as 0%

So while I'm aware of it. I'm not panicking. I'm carrying on as normal. I'm still doing gangbangs and clubs till the clubs shut x"

This

Reply privately

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Some people panic

Others take it as it comes

Reply privately

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Corona has killed 35 people in the U.K.

The 'flu kills an average 17,000 people in the UK each year.

So it's easy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Corona has killed 35 people in the U.K.

So it's easy."

Austerity caused the death of about 130,000 people.

People voted for more of the same in the last election.

No one cares about anything.

Reply privately

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

So it's easy.

No one cares about anything."

The media are trying (snd suceeding) in trying to whip a frenzied hysteria. It achieves nothing.

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Everyone who has died from it has underlying health conditions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy.

The media are trying (snd suceeding) in trying to whip a frenzied hysteria. It achieves nothing."

People are easily influenced by the media (and social media), much more so than actual information.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Suprise to see people still posting Gangbangs meets and Clubs event. Some peoples don't realised how serious this virus is killing people..

Meeting strangers now is not a wise move. Life is too precious.Be a responsible "

Some are putting sex and money before health. It’s personal choice. We have chosen not to meet anyone until it clear how bad this really is.

Reply privately

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman
over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

Just because people choose to still meet it doesn't mean they see it as a joke

Its their choice. I will still be meeting as normal

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Suprise to see people still posting Gangbangs meets and Clubs event. Some peoples don't realised how serious this virus is killing people..

Meeting strangers now is not a wise move. Life is too precious.Be a responsible "

make sure you isolate yourself for at least the next three months and remember no cheating with home deliveries the driver could have it

Reply privately

over a year ago

I to thought the same that swingers club aren’t taking the current situation very seriously at all.

Maybe TRUE swingers don’t catch Coronavirus???

Reply privately

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"I to thought the same that swingers club aren’t taking the current situation very seriously at all.

Maybe TRUE swingers don’t catch Coronavirus??? "

"True" swingers?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I to thought the same that swingers club aren’t taking the current situation very seriously at all.

Maybe TRUE swingers don’t catch Coronavirus???

"True" swingers?"

couples are true swingers the rest are pretenders

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's personal choice.

As of yet we're still able to move about fairly freely as long as we don't have symptoms (although I have noticed people saying that they have certain symptoms but know it's not covid 19 so they aren't isolating ), until we're advised otherwise it's probably best to just take the precautions advised.

There are people in here and everywhere treating it as a joke which is how a lot of people deal with very serious situations, gallows humour.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy."

And all of those whom it has claimed have been between 60 and 90 years old and ALL had underlying health conditions

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's personal choice.

As of yet we're still able to move about fairly freely as long as we don't have symptoms (although I have noticed people saying that they have certain symptoms but know it's not covid 19 so they aren't isolating ), until we're advised otherwise it's probably best to just take the precautions advised.

There are people in here and everywhere treating it as a joke which is how a lot of people deal with very serious situations, gallows humour."

the virus is not a joke the majority of people will contract it but the reality is life has to go on, the virus isn't going away ever now its here unless some miracle cure is made available, are we all going to stop working and hide at home for weeks or months on end, who pays our bills, who keeps our businesses afloat, who feeds us, who bakes the bread and milks the cows, life goes on

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I was in London for the weekend. The tube is open and was busy. Apart from a few people wearing masks and it seeming quieter than usual, it was all pretty normal.

I cannot see the sense of cancelling sport events if the tube, trains & buses are still running.

We are not being told the truth I suspect.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It's personal choice.

There are people in here and everywhere treating it as a joke which is how a lot of people deal with very serious situations, gallows humour.the virus is not a joke the majority of people will contract it but the reality is life has to go on, the virus isn't going away ever now its here unless some miracle cure is made available, are we all going to stop working and hide at home for weeks or months on end, who pays our bills, who keeps our businesses afloat, who feeds us, who bakes the bread and milks the cows, life goes on "

under

That's the reality of it.

life as we know it currently is not going to go on. People are going to work as normal but the rapid spread means that if we don't slow the rate down they won't be able to. Things will need to change and that includes staying home if you have a fever or continuous new cough. I'm not scaremongering or recommending any other course of action than current.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I was in London for the weekend. The tube is open and was busy. Apart from a few people wearing masks and it seeming quieter than usual, it was all pretty normal.

I cannot see the sense of cancelling sport events if the tube, trains & buses are still running.

We are not being told the truth I suspect. "

Well the current "advice" being circulated that gargling with vinegar or salt kills it most certainly isn't the truth

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's personal choice.

There are people in here and everywhere treating it as a joke which is how a lot of people deal with very serious situations, gallows humour.the virus is not a joke the majority of people will contract it but the reality is life has to go on, the virus isn't going away ever now its here unless some miracle cure is made available, are we all going to stop working and hide at home for weeks or months on end, who pays our bills, who keeps our businesses afloat, who feeds us, who bakes the bread and milks the cows, life goes on under

life as we know it currently is not going to go on. People are going to work as normal but the rapid spread means that if we don't slow the rate down they won't be able to. Things will need to change and that includes staying home if you have a fever or continuous new cough. I'm not scaremongering or recommending any other course of action than current."

life has to go on their is no choice somebody has to work to produce the things we need to exist on, people are not going to let their businesses go under for the premise they may get a virus, sure keep the vulnerable safe and isolated dont see how you can avoid that but as for rest of us what choice do we have

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It's personal choice.

There are people in here and everywhere treating it as a joke which is how a lot of people deal with very serious situations, gallows humour.the virus is not a joke the majority of people will contract it but the reality is life has to go on, the virus isn't going away ever now its here unless some miracle cure is made available, are we all going to stop working and hide at home for weeks or months on end, who pays our bills, who keeps our businesses afloat, who feeds us, who bakes the bread and milks the cows, life goes on under

life as we know it currently is not going to go on. People are going to work as normal but the rapid spread means that if we don't slow the rate down they won't be able to. Things will need to change and that includes staying home if you have a fever or continuous new cough. I'm not scaremongering or recommending any other course of action than current.life has to go on their is no choice somebody has to work to produce the things we need to exist on, people are not going to let their businesses go under for the premise they may get a virus, sure keep the vulnerable safe and isolated dont see how you can avoid that but as for rest of us what choice do we have "

We don't have a choice, if we're well we need to work.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's personal choice.

life as we know it currently is not going to go on. People are going to work as normal but the rapid spread means that if we don't slow the rate down they won't be able to. Things will need to change and that includes staying home if you have a fever or continuous new cough. I'm not scaremongering or recommending any other course of action than current.life has to go on their is no choice somebody has to work to produce the things we need to exist on, people are not going to let their businesses go under for the premise they may get a virus, sure keep the vulnerable safe and isolated dont see how you can avoid that but as for rest of us what choice do we have

We don't have a choice, if we're well we need to work. "

exactly

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

My view is that 60-80% of us will get it at some point, so isolating now is of little help unless you’re very old or ill. I’m taking it seriously , making sure we are prepared as a family , keeping in touch with the olds regularly and helping those that need help in the community.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Taking advantage of shops with no pensioners getting in the way when they have all week. It’s amazing

Reply privately

By *he Devils Daughter!Woman
over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

As I work for Nhs I’m sick to back teeth of hearing about it , media have scare mongored people to the extreme , we have to deal with it wen n if it comes into our hospitals n like many have said it’s only affecting people with respiratory n other medical conditions n some vulnerable people with very low immune systems , we are more at risk of contracting it due to dealing with people who have it but does it stop us doing our jobs NO!! People need to calm down stop panic buying n live their usual normal day to day life’s !

Reply privately

over a year ago

Those showing symptoms should self isolate and not meet. Like all viruses it's important to follow basic hygiene practices.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As I work for Nhs I’m sick to back teeth of hearing about it , media have scare mongored people to the extreme , we have to deal with it wen n if it comes into our hospitals n like many have said it’s only affecting people with respiratory n other medical conditions n some vulnerable people with very low immune systems , we are more at risk of contracting it due to dealing with people who have it but does it stop us doing our jobs NO!! People need to calm down stop panic buying n live their usual normal day to day life’s ! "
at last the voice of reason a person on the front line

Reply privately

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"As I work for Nhs I’m sick to back teeth of hearing about it , media have scare mongored people to the extreme , we have to deal with it wen n if it comes into our hospitals n like many have said it’s only affecting people with respiratory n other medical conditions n some vulnerable people with very low immune systems , we are more at risk of contracting it due to dealing with people who have it but does it stop us doing our jobs NO!! People need to calm down stop panic buying n live their usual normal day to day life’s ! "

Hear hear

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Well said

Reply privately

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Some absolutely pathetic statistics and correlations being made on this thread.

Covid-19 is not the same as the flu. If it was the world wouldn't be behind this pandemic they'd be ahead and the world wouldn't be on lockdown. That's a free of charge observation for those missing the point.

2ndly there is no immunity for this. Humanity has never faced this and thus the results of what happens is unknown.

This is also a far far more contagious easily spreadable infection than any of its predecessors.

So let's put all this that I have tried to in layman terms break it down further.

It means YOU, me and US all are potential carriers for a killer.

We are all responsible for spreading it and for the killing of other innocent human beings.

Sure you may be young you may be healthy you may survive this but you could pass it to your elderly family members or to someone else and boom they could die.

We are all now responsible for what happens on this planet fuck that on this land fuck that in your city fuck even that in your area fuck that in your on street and rest assured in your own home car and place of work.

People are so rationalizing this selfishly is beyond me.

You all and we all have a shared responsibility in this.

As someone who works on the government I can tell you as I am anonymous to some degree that the governments herd immunity is absurd and a wishful guess since we cannot know the parameters at play here.

WHO has already criticised this endeavour and this is what will happen so listen carefully...

The government will do little to stop this.

Many 1000s If not will die and continue to die.

The situation will get worse and worse until a vaccine can be made which will take a year at the earliest and even then the vaccine cannot be 100% effective on all strains as the fly vaccination isnt.

We have the cure for the cold but it keeps the economy going to let it roam as it doesnt kill. Flu kills and thus diminishes the work force and thus economy.

This isn't about life it's about money and stay stability for the government but now even they are at risk which is why trump was trying to buy a German vaccine company.

Do not be foolish. Stay indoors if you can for the love of life.

Wash your hands every time you touch anything or come home or eat etc.

Cough in a tissue or in your elbow and discard that clothing to the laundry pile.

Keep hygiene paramount so disinfect a surfaces and wash your asses stop relying on fucking paper...who does that this day and age urgh.

Come on get with the picture people.

And yes yes yes stop fucking meeting strangers and spreading this like selfish twats!

For every irresponsible prick in this country is akin to those that had hiv and went out to spread it.

Forget the government to tell you what to do act now and do it yourself.

I warned all my friends colleagues and all I could since january to quarantine themselves and I had done on my profile too but upto people to listen and now the shits hit the fan.

Be responsible.

I dont normally rant or get emotional but I dont want to see people hurt or die and that's what's happening and will happen on a far far larger scale!

Eyes wide open!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

well said that's what I have been saying to people since this all started I also think 90% of us have already had it over the Christmas period the amount of people including me that had what we thought was flu but had the same symptoms that are coming to light of the virus and no one blinked an eyelid

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thousands more people have died on the roads in a single day than have died of the overrated cold. So make sure you stay off the roads too in future, way too dangerous to go out

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's safe enough for me to go to work and come into contact with 100+ people per day, so it's safe enough for me to continue enjoying my life outside of work.

Reply privately

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

So it's easy."

Reply privately

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

"It's safe enough for me to go to work and come into contact with 100+ people per day, so it's safe enough for me to continue enjoying my life outside of work."

Reply privately

By *astMidsCouple555Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

So it's easy."

It has killed 35 people SO FAR. Hardly a final figure is it?

Reply privately

By *lan157Man
over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

How do you know what clubs ( plural) are doing or not doing? have you asked them ?

Reply privately

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

"Some absolutely pathetic statistics and correlations being made on this thread.

Covid-19 is not the same as the flu. If it was the world wouldn't be behind this pandemic they'd be ahead and the world wouldn't be on lockdown. That's a free of charge observation for those missing the point.

2ndly there is no immunity for this. Humanity has never faced this and thus the results of what happens is unknown.

This is also a far far more contagious easily spreadable infection than any of its predecessors.

So let's put all this that I have tried to in layman terms break it down further.

We are all responsible for spreading it and for the killing of other innocent human beings.

Sure you may be young you may be healthy you may survive this but you could pass it to your elderly family members or to someone else and boom they could die.

We are all now responsible for what happens on this planet fuck that on this land fuck that in your city fuck even that in your area fuck that in your on street and rest assured in your own home car and place of work.

As someone who works on the government I can tell you as I am anonymous to some degree that the governments herd immunity is absurd and a wishful guess since we cannot know the parameters at play here.

WHO has already criticised this endeavour and this is what will happen so listen carefully...

The situation will get worse and worse until a vaccine can be made which will take a year at the earliest and even then the vaccine cannot be 100% effective on all strains as the fly vaccination isnt.

We have the cure for the cold but it keeps the economy going to let it roam as it doesnt kill. Flu kills and thus diminishes the work force and thus economy.

This isn't about life it's about money and stay stability for the government but now even they are at risk which is why trump was trying to buy a German vaccine company.

Cough in a tissue or in your elbow and discard that clothing to the laundry pile.

Keep hygiene paramount so disinfect a surfaces and wash your asses stop relying on fucking paper...who does that this day and age urgh.

And yes yes yes stop fucking meeting strangers and spreading this like selfish twats!

For every irresponsible prick in this country is akin to those that had hiv and went out to spread it.

I warned all my friends colleagues and all I could since january to quarantine themselves and I had done on my profile too but upto people to listen and now the shits hit the fan.

Be responsible.

I dont normally rant or get emotional but I dont want to see people hurt or die and that's what's happening and will happen on a far far larger scale!

Eyes wide open!!"

fucking hell.. take a MAJOR CHILL PILL!! Just keep calm and carry on fucking.

Reply privately

By *an_WoodMan
over a year ago

Stafford

Some are putting sex and money before health. It’s personal choice. We have chosen not to meet anyone until it clear how bad this really is. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

"As I work for Nhs I’m sick to back teeth of hearing about it , media have scare mongored people to the extreme , we have to deal with it wen n if it comes into our hospitals n like many have said it’s only affecting people with respiratory n other medical conditions n some vulnerable people with very low immune systems , we are more at risk of contracting it due to dealing with people who have it but does it stop us doing our jobs NO!! People need to calm down stop panic buying n live their usual normal day to day life’s ! at last the voice of reason a person on the front line "

Thanks x

Reply privately

over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

"As I work for Nhs I’m sick to back teeth of hearing about it , media have scare mongored people to the extreme , we have to deal with it wen n if it comes into our hospitals n like many have said it’s only affecting people with respiratory n other medical conditions n some vulnerable people with very low immune systems , we are more at risk of contracting it due to dealing with people who have it but does it stop us doing our jobs NO!! People need to calm down stop panic buying n live their usual normal day to day life’s !

well said that's what I have been saying to people since this all started I also think 90% of us have already had it over the Christmas period the amount of people including me that had what we thought was flu but had the same symptoms that are coming to light of the virus and no one blinked an eyelid "

This

Reply privately

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

"Some absolutely pathetic statistics and correlations being made on this thread.

Be responsible.

Eyes wide open!!fucking hell.. take a MAJOR CHILL PILL!! Just keep calm and carry on fucking. "

you can pass flu on to elderly relatives that could potentially kill them. It's exactly like flu, but a worldwide flu. Kills some but not most. Overreacting isn't helpful. Yes, take sensible precautions but life carries on. I'm myself are going to carry on as normal.

Reply privately

over a year ago

To quote Alex Turner - ‘Don’t believe the hype’

Cynical I know, but the virus is only getting the coverage it is because it’s a slow news cycle. Keep calm and carry on

Reply privately

over a year ago

Be responsible.

Eyes wide open!!"

‘The government’ - very generic job description there. I’ll take the advice of the medical experts advising the government ta

Reply privately

over a year ago

Be responsible.

Eyes wide open!!"

Mate, go take yourself off for a wank and chill, you're making this overhyped cold sound like the black death.

Think I need to self isolate away from some people in general

Reply privately

By *nexpectedGentlemanMan
over a year ago

london/ taplow

At the end of the day, you dont like it or your that worried about it, dont meet, each to their own. Also MOST of the people that have died from it are in the at risk category, which would be no different from the flu if it wasnt in the media no body would even bat an eyelid.

Reply privately

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

80 per cent of population is going to get Corona according to medical experts ,so probably going to get this virus whatever you do

Reply privately

over a year ago

london/ taplow

I can lend you a gas mask if you want so you can continue to meet in safety?

Might get a bit sweaty though lol

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

"80 per cent of population is going to get Corona according to medical experts ,so probably going to get this virus whatever you do

"

It's more about when, the government are aware that the NHS is probably at it's worse state to cope with something like this, than it ever has been.

We are certainly starting from a worse position that Italy, Spain and France, and their health services are already either at, or heading towards breaking point.

At that point, more people will die, because they will be unable to get treatment.

What remains to be seen is if our approach (which flies in the face of most of the global scientific/medical advice) works out or not.

Basically gambling with the lives of the vulnerable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Italy has treated it is a joke too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some absolutely clueless people on here...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As I work for Nhs I’m sick to back teeth of hearing about it , media have scare mongored people to the extreme , we have to deal with it wen n if it comes into our hospitals n like many have said it’s only affecting people with respiratory n other medical conditions n some vulnerable people with very low immune systems , we are more at risk of contracting it due to dealing with people who have it but does it stop us doing our jobs NO!! People need to calm down stop panic buying n live their usual normal day to day life’s ! at last the voice of reason a person on the front line "

Totally agree with you xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Italy has treated it is a joke too."
alura

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and of all 140,000 cases ( of which there will actually be many many more who never knew they had it or have it) under 7,000 have died of the worlds population it wont even calculate as a percentage. It actually just comes as 0%

"

Don't know how you calculated that but using those figures it's actually 5%!

Actually looking at the WHO stats right now, 169,387 confirmed cases worldwide and 6513 deaths, that's about 3.8%.

My colleagues in China are looking to return to the office this week having been in lock down in an area that isn't anywhere near Wuhan for 7 weeks, they will be doing this despite many restrictions on every day life that we do not have here. My other colleagues in Singapore have been affected with quite a few measures being put into place early on to prevent the spread of the disease, again measures that we do not have here, hence the total number of cases in each country is quite low.

Both of these countries were heavily affected by SARS in the past and they understand why it's important to work carefully at the start to prevent transmission but it seems in the West we have an attitude that we know best and hoping that it will go away and repeating that "it's just like flu" when it isn't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If it wasn't for the media most of us wouldn't even be aware that this was going on. I do know of anyone that has it, even a friend of a friend, or even someone that possibly knows someone that has it. I'm not even aware of anyone I know that is isolating because they think they might have it.

I am sure the cases are building up out there somewhere, but it just seems very remote right now.

So for now I still have to pay the bills, go to work etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The British public are not like many other countries in the sense when disaster strikes we tend to make a joke of it and carry on with our lives

Let's not all panic and hide lets just live goodness me

Reply privately

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

"At the end of the day, you dont like it or your that worried about it, dont meet, each to their own. Also MOST of the people that have died from it are in the at risk category, which would be no different from the flu if it wasnt in the media no body would even bat an eyelid."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The British public are not like many other countries in the sense when disaster strikes we tend to make a joke of it and carry on with our lives

Let's not all panic and hide lets just live goodness me "

damn I'm panicking now

Reply privately

By *inkyman1964Man
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Corona virus is killing a lot fewer people than other illnesses.

Are you worried about any of these?

Reply privately

By *inkyman1964Man
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

"80 per cent of population is going to get Corona according to medical experts ,so probably going to get this virus whatever you do "

Big difference between getting the virus and dying from it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I posted on another of hundreds or so similar threads. I am still carrying out as normal until I get advised otherwise or until I start feeling unwell. Also, OP, I suspect you're still driving/using public transport, going to work etc? Unless you are one of the lucky people who can work from home. My job cannot be done from home, and I don't drive so have to use public transport. So again, I'll panic when I have to.

Reply privately

By *ikely ladMan
over a year ago

Hounslow

How many people who are ill in hospital contact pneumonia?!? Loads! The virus isn't necessary killing fit and healthy people. It's terrible that people are dying but you need to carry on and deal with it when it happens. It's not the apocalypse!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I keep up to date with the news.... and of all 140,000 cases ( of which there will actually be many many more who never knew they had it or have it) under 7,000 have died of the worlds population it wont even calculate as a percentage. It actually just comes as 0%

So while I'm aware of it. I'm not panicking. I'm carrying on as normal. I'm still doing gangbangs and clubs till the clubs shut x"

Reply privately

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Some are putting sex and money before health. It’s personal choice. We have chosen not to meet anyone until it clear how bad this really is. "

Putting it like that I am putting money before health. Not just my money but the money of the 5 people that work for me.

While we are all being careful and taking precautions we still have to pay bills even just for a basic living ie a roof over our head and food to eat. Business is already slowing, events we attend are being cancelled. Two of my staff have families and they live from month to month, imagine if I had to lay them off, would you offer to provide food for them and pay their rent?

Reply privately

By *akboyMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Media overhype and panic is stupid definitely but it's not about panicking, more people thinking about slowing the spread and thinking of other people. Flu is understood but this strain isn't. If you're healthy, you should be fine but you can easily pass it on to somebody who isn't. This is easier to pass on than the flu and for the people saying flu kills more people.... yeah at the moment. Rather be safe than sorry. Look at Italy.

In South Korea they had a patient 31 who had a fever, refused to get tested and went about their normal day, few days later there were hundreds of more cases solely from that one patient who didn't want to practice social distancing. Not about panicking but just using common sense to slow spread of a virus that can mutate. That being said, so many are stocking up like say there's an apocalypse.

Most governments around the world are taking this seriously though for a reason. They understand the potential strain on their healthcare systems. Social distancing when you can is a good preventative measure.

Reply privately

By *xywelshguyMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

So it's easy."

Thinks it the amount of deaths over such a short space of time that's concerning.

The death rates of the flu are calculated over a whole year

Reply privately

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Coronary Heart Disease kills around 100,000+ in the UK every year. Last time I looked McDonald's and the chip shops we're all still open.

In fact after stocking up with toilet rolls people were probably ordering extra fries with their burger.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/03/20 15:14:30]

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy.

Thinks it the amount of deaths over such a short space of time that's concerning.

The death rates of the flu are calculated over a whole year "

More were killed on the pavements and roads yesterday than that figure alone, do you still leave your house?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Be responsible for yourself and stop stressing how others choose to manage risk.

Reply privately

By *xywelshguyMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

So it's easy.

More were killed on the pavements and roads yesterday than that figure alone, do you still leave your house? "

Dont really see how you can compare the two.

Reply privately

By *ookinkMan
over a year ago

Skegness

The issue is use clubs or lose them not many clubs will cope with 3 to 6 months of not opening. Bills need paying untill legally venues are told to close there no support from government or if you hold insurance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The UK death rate for the roads is around 34 a week (around 1800 a year for the past 5 years), looking at the official government stats 4 people died of flu in the week leading up to the 5th March but depending on how serious the strain of flu is each season the numbers can change dramatically each year.

There's been around 30 deaths from covid-19 in the past week in the UK and it's only just starting to spread through the country and we are about 2 or 3 weeks behind Italy. Then you see Italy had 368 deaths from covid-19 on Saturday, I think that illustrates that it's a bit more serious than both flu and road casualties right now and the potential for it to cause massive issues with the NHS would illustrate why people should take care.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

So it's easy.

More were killed on the pavements and roads yesterday than that figure alone, do you still leave your house? "

Car crashes dont tend to be contagious

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy.

More were killed on the pavements and roads yesterday than that figure alone, do you still leave your house?

Car crashes dont tend to be contagious"

Yeah, they're more dangerous and you're at a bigger ongoing risk. Stay home it's carnage our there

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

So it's easy.

"

Also, getting a risk assessment wrong for yourself, well that's tough.

Getting it wrong for all the people you are going to interact with, that may be more vulnerable, that's just selfish in the least.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

We all have access to the same information, though some will understand it better than others. It's still in the hands of each of us to decide what risks we'll take in our lives - many would view swinging or sex outside of marriage as totally unacceptable at any point.

Unless you have dedicated the next few months to live in absolute isolation from any other human, how and where you do so is totally your choice. Risk levels will continue to increase and I'm sure that people will review their choices as progress occurs.

This lifestyle is all about personal decisions and preferences, meeting those who are right for you, howsoever is mutually compatibile with these. Others will be different to you, though you remain free to meet those or not.

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

I have not read all through this tread (yet) but who say anyone is treating this a joke ?? Second thing is, all this is gloomy enough. There are times you have laugh anyway....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yesterday's UK death rate was 2.55%, far higher than flu and it's far more contagious.So if you are are using digs to calculate the problem then Covid 19 poses a very serious threat, albeit to a small target group. It is also leaving recovering victims with some very serious after effects, again unlike flu and to a small target group.

It is a very serious threat.

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Just read the first few posts.... Most of those seem to be taking the view: life goes on. It does. Yes, it a serious situation but some of the ideas and actions that are being taken and planned are leading to unforeseen situations which can be worse than the virus itself....

STAY CALM and act rationally....

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Yesterday's UK death rate was 2.55%, far higher than flu and it's far more contagious.So if you are are using digs to calculate the problem then Covid 19 poses a very serious threat, albeit to a small target group. It is also leaving recovering victims with some very serious after effects, again unlike flu and to a small target group.

It is a very serious threat."

On what evidence do you base these assertions?

Reply privately

over a year ago

My kids school has closed for a month maybe even longer

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"My kids school has closed for a month maybe even longer "

I wonder why??

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"It's personal choice.

There are people in here and everywhere treating it as a joke which is how a lot of people deal with very serious situations, gallows humour.the virus is not a joke the majority of people will contract it but the reality is life has to go on, the virus isn't going away ever now its here unless some miracle cure is made available, are we all going to stop working and hide at home for weeks or months on end, who pays our bills, who keeps our businesses afloat, who feeds us, who bakes the bread and milks the cows, life goes on "

Reply privately

over a year ago

in my mind, if you live or interact with people at a higher risk, social distance yourself as much as you can. it's a far greater risk for others if you catch it.

if you don't, carry on as normal and then isolate if you do catch it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"in my mind, if you live or interact with people at a higher risk, social distance yourself as much as you can. it's a far greater risk for others if you catch it.

if you don't, carry on as normal and then isolate if you do catch it. "

That's basically my thinking too

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

I am in the so called at risk group being 72 soon to be 73, Corona permitting. I have no health issues. I intend to go on living as normal I life as possible.

Were I to become unwell and particularly if it was proven to be Corona I would immediately self isolate and would not dream of putting others at risk.

Not too difficult for me I live on my own. As I have said to friends I have self isolated for the last four years since my daughter left home.

Really feel for folk who have jobs, mortgages that need paying, elderly relatives especially if really vulnerable. Also folk who have worked hard building up their own businesses that they could lose through absolutely no fault of theirs.....

Reply privately

By *iliciousCouple
over a year ago

South East

So it's easy.

Also, getting a risk assessment wrong for yourself, well that's tough.

Getting it wrong for all the people you are going to interact with, that may be more vulnerable, that's just selfish in the least."

——-

and that just about wraps it up.

Sadly it will still go over the heads of the entitled.

——

Reply privately

over a year ago

look I'm off out now panic shopping if anyone wants to come

Reply privately

over a year ago

"look I'm off out now panic shopping if anyone wants to come "

Can you grab me a pain-au-chocolate, some lemsip and a bag of carrots?

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"look I'm off out now panic shopping if anyone wants to come "

Reply privately

By *inkyman1964Man
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Big reason Corona virus was such a concern was it was a new strain of virus with no known vaccine and not much known about it.

Scientists seem to have learned a lot quickly and looks like a vaccine is being tested on humans.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wonder how many of you dimwits are still going to be so blasé about this virus in a couple of months time?

Not many I'll warrant.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy."

The time-scale is important...

Covid-19 has - to this point - killed 35 in the UK...

Whereas flu kills over an average year ~20,000.

This virus could kill 250,000+ in the UK and hospitalise many more over the next six months. It hasn't yet, but without reducing transmission rates it might. Furthermore, evidence from eastern Asia suggest that a good proportion of people who get the virus and yet recover will have long-term lung damage. Given this will not be the last global pandemic, these people will be more vulnerable to future epidemics.

While it is true that the young and the fit will probably recover (although a proportion with chronic lung issues), the elderly and those with underlying health conditions (e.g. cancer suffers, diabetics, people with COPD, long term smokers) are certainly at risk. Do you not care about them? Do you not know and love anyone in these risky groups?

The very reason the number of new cases and deaths has declined in China and South Korea is because they have aggressively reduced transmission by testing and isolating positive cases. Taking the decision to carry on as normal is doing the opposite and is a behaviour that will encourage transmission and lead to deaths and hospitalizations.

In Italy hospitals are turning people away because they don't have beds. The NHS struggles to cope with flu each year and that is with a good proportion of the population being vaccinated. There is no vaccine for Covid-19 and it is more lethal.

This is a serious issue which demands we change our behaviour.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s fine: let their ignorance thin the herd a bit.

Reply privately

By *ikely ladMan
over a year ago

Hounslow

In a couple of weeks we'll be hearing of severe cases of agoraphobia! (at least it won't be an outbreak!)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"look I'm off out now panic shopping if anyone wants to come

Can you grab me a pain-au-chocolate, some lemsip and a bag of carrots?"

no I'm not doing anything in ones thats hardly therapeutic

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the way i had it described to me is that they expect 70%ish of the population to get it at some point......

of that 70%...... 17% percent of those will get it bad enough they may need "hospital help"

yes, the mortality rate of it is over 1% and that is those over 70/pre existing conditions..... but the majority of those who need ventilator/ICU help, 60% in france and 55% in holland are under 60........

it may bump off those who were already on their way, but its doing a fair amount of damage to the rest!

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy.

This virus could kill 250,000+ in the UK and hospitalise many more over the next six months. It hasn't yet, but without reducing transmission rates it might. Furthermore, evidence from eastern Asia suggest that a good proportion of people who get the virus and yet recover will have long-term lung damage. Given this will not be the last global pandemic, these people will be more vulnerable to future epidemics.

While it is true that the young and the fit will probably recover (although a proportion with chronic lung issues), the elderly and those with underlying health conditions (e.g. cancer suffers, diabetics, people with COPD, long term smokers) are certainly at risk. Do you not care about them? Do you not know and love anyone in these risky groups?

The very reason the number of new cases and deaths has declined in China and South Korea is because they have aggressively reduced transmission by testing and isolating positive cases. Taking the decision to carry on as normal is doing the opposite and is a behaviour that will encourage transmission and lead to deaths and hospitalizations.

In Italy hospitals are turning people away because they don't have beds. The NHS struggles to cope with flu each year and that is with a good proportion of the population being vaccinated. There is no vaccine for Covid-19 and it is more lethal.

"

It takes two...!

The vulnerable need to reduce their risk and those who have been exposed to the virus/are infected need to self isolate. Everyone else keep up hygiene precautions. So stop attacking people who are continuing to lead their lives.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy.

It takes two...!

The vulnerable need to reduce their risk and those who have been exposed to the virus/are infected need to self isolate. Everyone else keep up hygiene precautions. So stop attacking people who are continuing to lead their lives. "

The last sentence is to anyone who owns it

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy.

It takes two...!

The vulnerable need to reduce their risk and those who have been exposed to the virus/are infected need to self isolate. Everyone else keep up hygiene precautions. So stop attacking people who are continuing to lead their lives.

The last sentence is to anyone who owns it "

i own it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who will I listen to, the World Health Organisation, or forumites, when it comes to how serious this is? Hmmmmmmm

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy.

It takes two...!

The vulnerable need to reduce their risk and those who have been exposed to the virus/are infected need to self isolate. Everyone else keep up hygiene precautions. So stop attacking people who are continuing to lead their lives. "

It takes everyone.

And I wasn't attacking I was imploring people to take this seriously.

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"I wonder how many of you dimwits are still going to be so blasé about this virus in a couple of months time?

Not many I'll warrant. "

Your contribution is to throw some insults around. Thanks for that...

We take decisions for ourselves based on our perception of risk...

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy.

It takes two...!

It takes everyone.

And I wasn't attacking I was imploring people to take this seriously."

It takes two: the transmitter and the recipient.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They are saying now millions of us may already have had it without knowing. So maybe there's no way of controlling it,so if you feel ok carry on as normal. Remember if we all panic and end up closing businesses for no reason, we all be moning there's no where to go? ???

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Has it killed more than aids?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They are saying now millions of us may already have had it without knowing. So maybe there's no way of controlling it,so if you feel ok carry on as normal. Remember if we all panic and end up closing businesses for no reason, we all be moning there's no where to go? ???"

Why do you think you know better than the government and many many world experts?

The advice is no longer “if you feel okay, carry on as normal”.

Plenty of the population will suck it up and do what needs to be done. Yeah it’s going to be crap.

Why do some think they know better and decide the rules don’t apply to them?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Only 1 confirmed case where i live, panicking is a waste of energy. I work with the general public so bound to get it eventually but im healthy so not worried at all.

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Only 1 confirmed case where i live, panicking is a waste of energy. I work with the general public so bound to get it eventually but im healthy so not worried at all."

Yep, quite right, life goes on (well for most anyway) .....!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They are saying now millions of us may already have had it without knowing. So maybe there's no way of controlling it,so if you feel ok carry on as normal. Remember if we all panic and end up closing businesses for no reason, we all be moning there's no where to go? ???

Why do you think you know better than the government and many many world experts?

Plenty of the population will suck it up and do what needs to be done. Yeah it’s going to be crap.

Why do some think they know better and decide the rules don’t apply to them?"

is it something to do with free will and living life the way you see it as best for you , some of us don't have a lot of choice in what we do in this situation and it may not affect many of us anyway, i have no choice but to react indifferently to it but you carry on as you see fit

Reply privately

over a year ago

The government's estimates say that Covid_19 will kill between 300,000 and 500,000 people in the UK this year. That is between 15 and 25 times more than the flu.

This virus is not the flu, it is not just killing the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions, however they are more at risk. The UK only has around 5000 ventilators and will struggle to have the oxygen to keep all of those going day after day. Once those ventilators are being used then there is no other way of keeping people who require them alive, people will die and doctors will be faced with making decisions about whether it is your gran or somebody else's dad who dies.

Do you really want to be in that position, do you really want to put anyone else in that position?

You might not get too ill from it but you could pass it on to someone who does, or someone you pass it on to could pass it on to someone who does. No one is telling you how to live your lives but if getting laid is worth the risk of passing a deadly virus on to someone then perhaps you should reconsider your priorities.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They are saying now millions of us may already have had it without knowing. So maybe there's no way of controlling it,so if you feel ok carry on as normal. Remember if we all panic and end up closing businesses for no reason, we all be moning there's no where to go? ???

Why do some think they know better and decide the rules don’t apply to them?is it something to do with free will and living life the way you see it as best for you , some of us don't have a lot of choice in what we do in this situation and it may not affect many of us anyway, i have no choice but to react indifferently to it but you carry on as you see fit "

Very true we can't all follow the so called experts being told to hide away for up to 12 weeks. I don't know anyone who can afford to lose 12 weeks pay?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just wear a condom and don't breath in plenty safe lol. It's not a joke but if you take everything to serious you will end up living under your stairs with a saucepan on your head waiting for the world to end much better of having fun with some beautiful women

Reply privately

over a year ago

One side of this debate will be wrong, but the price of being wrong isn't equal for both sides.

Have consideration for the vulnerable andd be mindful, is my stance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why do some think they know better and decide the rules don’t apply to them?"

Recommendations and rules are very different.

Re clubs, if they're open and you don't want to go, then don't. Just allow others to make their own decisions.

If someone vulnerable goes to a club and gets the virus, who's at fault? Who's responsible for protecting that vulnerable person? I'll give you a clue - they are.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Re clubs, if they're open and you don't want to go, then don't. Just allow others to make their own decisions.

If someone vulnerable goes to a club and gets the virus, who's at fault? Who's responsible for protecting that vulnerable person? I'll give you a clue - they are. "

Can I have a bigger clue please?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

If someone vulnerable goes to a club and gets the virus, who's at fault? Who's responsible for protecting that vulnerable person? I'll give you a clue - they are. "

The issue isn't vulnerable people at clubs, it's healthy people being carriers and spreading it round unnecessarily, and faster, until eventually a vulnerable person is affected, like a 6 degrees of separation effect. More foresight is needed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If someone vulnerable goes to a club and gets the virus, who's at fault? Who's responsible for protecting that vulnerable person? I'll give you a clue - they are.

Can I have a bigger clue please? "

You are a naughty boy

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The issue isn't vulnerable people at clubs, it's healthy people being carriers and spreading it round unnecessarily, and faster, until eventually a vulnerable person is affected, like a 6 degrees of separation effect. More foresight is needed."

So you're going to isolate yourself to protect vulnerable people?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The issue isn't vulnerable people at clubs, it's healthy people being carriers and spreading it round unnecessarily, and faster, until eventually a vulnerable person is affected, like a 6 degrees of separation effect. More foresight is needed.

So you're going to isolate yourself to protect vulnerable people? "

I'm going to stay in unless I need to, yes. I can pop to the shops as it's a 2 min walk, and wfh easily (not a luxury everyone has, I know).

Are you saying you don't want to protect vulnerable people?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

So you're going to isolate yourself to protect vulnerable people?

I'm going to stay in unless I need to, yes. I can pop to the shops as it's a 2 min walk, and wfh easily (not a luxury everyone has, I know).

Are you saying you don't want to protect vulnerable people?"

I am vulnerable and therefore it's my responsibility.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think you understand what I'm getting at, no bother.

Hope you stay safe, and give a mind for others also vulnerable

Reply privately

over a year ago

Be responsible.

Eyes wide open!!"

Well said mate. Ignorance will kill people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can I have a bigger clue please?

You are a naughty boy "

Very

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think you understand what I'm getting at, no bother.

Hope you stay safe, and give a mind for others also vulnerable "

There seems to be many posters on here moaning at others if they are not basically stating they are worried about the vulnerable or they are doing their bit by working from home, or not going to clubs so why are clubs not closing? It's easy to talk the talk but when faced with mortgages, other bills, childcare, elderly care, mental health, these variables will affect assessments.

My point is that people need to make risk assessments all the time. Clinicians in the NHS make assessments constantly (benefits have to outweigh the risks). So let people make their own assessments and don't moan about them. They are probably doing their bit but don't go around seeking medals (so to speak).

As for concern/worry about others, be proactive, join the community actions groups that are forming - just stop the judgemental crap on here. Oh and the conspiracy theories.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It’s fine: let their ignorance thin the herd a bit."

Thanks had a great long weekend away, 2 swinging clubs and took in 2 cities along the way.

Enjoy your isolation with your pasta tea and shit roll

Reply privately

over a year ago

london/ taplow

Longest thread I've seen without a dick pic, so that's something ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

There seems to be many posters on here moaning at others if they are not basically stating they are worried about the vulnerable or they are doing their bit by working from home, or not going to clubs so why are clubs not closing? It's easy to talk the talk but when faced with mortgages, other bills, childcare, elderly care, mental health, these variables will affect assessments.

My point is that people need to make risk assessments all the time. Clinicians in the NHS make assessments constantly (benefits have to outweigh the risks). So let people make their own assessments and don't moan about them. They are probably doing their bit but don't go around seeking medals (so to speak).

As for concern/worry about others, be proactive, join the community actions groups that are forming - just stop the judgemental crap on here. Oh and the conspiracy theories. "

I imagine clubs aren’t closing because they want to make money, these are businesses and not there for the good of your health.

Clinicians in the NHS train for years to make evidence based risk assessments, members of the public not so much. The government experts have today said that people should stop all non essential social contacts, going to work if you can’t work at home is essential, going to a sex club is not.

You will never entirely remove the risk but you can minimise it and rubbing your naked bits against strangers’ naked bits in a venue where lots of other people have been touching all the services after touching other people is not minimising the risk.

I don’t think anyone is saying don’t go to clubs but people are saying think about the people you will be in contact with afterwards. Don’t be the person who regrets passing on Covid_19 to someone else when you didn’t even know you had it.

Reply privately

By *friendMan
over a year ago

Basildon

My other halfs brother just got home from a COBRA meeting with BoJo and the heads of,and he hit the bottle straight away.

This is worse than we are being told.

If you don't believe me,try and book a private party at your local ice skating rink for next month.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Clubs will be forced to close soon

Reply privately

By *ougarsandcubsWoman
over a year ago

Medway

Its important to have accurate facts

The chances of dying from CV19.are very very low

Everyone that has died has had underlying health problems. Our bodies currently dont have an Immunity against it so it's the survival of the fitness.

I have cancelled my next parties because of the risk of healthy carriers passing on to older relatives or those that work in the care community being innocently infected.

It is not the plague.

Death is not imminent

It's a virus that will wipe out the weak and infirm.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Everyone that has died has had underlying health problems. Our bodies currently dont have an Immunity against it so it's the survival of the fitness.

I have cancelled my next parties because of the risk of healthy carriers passing on to older relatives or those that work in the care community being innocently infected.

It is not the plague.

Death is not imminent

"

It's sensible to not be all Doom and gloom, it's also sensible to cancel your next parties out of consideration for those who are weak or infirm. Balance and nuance

Reply privately

over a year ago

People die of hiv and other sexual diseases etc but it doesnt stop people playing and swapping body fluids with strangers etc, its just life, we all die somehow so enjoy it while you can

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My other halfs brother just got home from a COBRA meeting with BoJo and the heads of,and he hit the bottle straight away.

If you don't believe me,try and book a private party at your local ice skating rink for next month."

Yawnnnn

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"My other halfs brother just got home from a COBRA meeting with BoJo and the heads of,and he hit the bottle straight away.

If you don't believe me,try and book a private party at your local ice skating rink for next month."

I'm impressed

#sarcasm

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People die of hiv and other sexual diseases etc but it doesnt stop people playing and swapping body fluids with strangers etc, its just life, we all die somehow so enjoy it while you can"

HIV isn't passed to non sexual partners through contact/exposure. If you're going to use an analogy at least pick something analogous

Reply privately

over a year ago

london/ taplow

If you don't believe me,try and book a private party at your local ice skating rink for next month.

I'm impressed

#sarcasm

"

Cool story bro, I'd love to know more

Reply privately

over a year ago

Has it killed more than aids?"

And yet more whataboutary from the master himself.

Straw man question.

Aids has been around for forty years, and killed around 400,000 people worldwide. This pandemic could kill more than that in six months in this country alone.

Try not to be an idiot all your life, eh.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People die of hiv and other sexual diseases etc but it doesnt stop people playing and swapping body fluids with strangers etc, its just life, we all die somehow so enjoy it while you can

HIV isn't passed to non sexual partners through contact/exposure. If you're going to use an analogy at least pick something analogous "

Well thats not 100% truth is it, drug users pass hiv without sexual contact so?

Reply privately

By *ieutenant OP   Man
over a year ago

london

The reason this thread was flag up again.when you look at (meet and event section) people keep posting event like Gangbangs and club meet.Bizarre.l think this is time to avoid big social gathering.No need to put ourself on the crosshairs of this deadly virus.

This is real.France and Germany just close their land boarder to stop the influx of people. No need to doubt the severity of this virus.Keep yourself safe and abstained from big social event.cheers

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

As for concern/worry about others, be proactive, join the community actions groups that are forming - just stop the judgemental crap on here. Oh and the conspiracy theories.

I imagine clubs aren’t closing because they want to make money, these are businesses and not there for the good of your health.

Clinicians in the NHS train for years to make evidence based risk assessments, members of the public not so much. The government experts have today said that people should stop all non essential social contacts, going to work if you can’t work at home is essential, going to a sex club is not.

You will never entirely remove the risk but you can minimise it and rubbing your naked bits against strangers’ naked bits in a venue where lots of other people have been touching all the services after touching other people is not minimising the risk.

I don’t think anyone is saying don’t go to clubs but people are saying think about the people you will be in contact with afterwards. Don’t be the person who regrets passing on Covid_19 to someone else when you didn’t even know you had it."

Wise words.

Re clubs - I've seen posts slate clubs. I won't go but I wouldn't stop others going. I'd even go as far as to say group meetings are probably best avoided.

Re clinicians - I've been on both sides of the coin. Patient (informed) choice is advocated.

Those who have carry on, just be extra vigilant with handwashing and wiping down certain surfaces that have high human contact in your work area.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People die of hiv and other sexual diseases etc but it doesnt stop people playing and swapping body fluids with strangers etc, its just life, we all die somehow so enjoy it while you can

HIV isn't passed to non sexual partners through contact/exposure. If you're going to use an analogy at least pick something analogous

Well thats not 100% truth is it, drug users pass hiv without sexual contact so? "

Ah, a technicality! Nice.

You surely understand my point (hint, it's not that of a needle).

Reply privately

over a year ago

london/ taplow

We are an island, if we'd closed our boarders a long time ago it may very well not even got here.

No that's not a fact, nearly an observation before all you scientists and know it calls jump all over it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I don’t think anyone is saying don’t go to clubs but people are saying think about the people you will be in contact with afterwards. Don’t be the person who regrets passing on Covid_19 to someone else when you didn’t even know you had it.

Wise words.

Re clubs - I've seen posts slate clubs. I won't go but I wouldn't stop others going. I'd even go as far as to say group meetings are probably best avoided.

Re clinicians - I've been on both sides of the coin. Patient (informed) choice is advocated.

Those who have carry on, just be extra vigilant with handwashing and wiping down certain surfaces that have high human contact in your work area.

"

I would just add being mindful of who you're interacting with in the days following any social/club meeting.

I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun here, but it's important to think about the wider group.

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

OP....Thanks for your advice. To my mind there is little doubt that smallish groups people will continue to meet and I am talking about the vanilla world. The sexual element of a meet does not really increase the risk of contracting Corona. Sitting sharing a meal would be more than enough to ensure transfer of virus...

Reply privately

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Straw man question.

Aids has been around for forty years, and killed around 400,000 people worldwide. This pandemic could kill more than that in six months in this country alone.

Try not to be an idiot all your life, eh. "

Can you cite the source of this information please?

Reply privately

By *uff the Boner!Man
over a year ago

SWANSEA

No wonder I fucking drink!

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"The reason this thread was flag up again.when you look at (meet and event section) people keep posting event like Gangbangs and club meet.Bizarre.l think this is time to avoid big social gathering.No need to put ourself on the crosshairs of this deadly virus.

This is real.France and Germany just close their land boarder to stop the influx of people. No need to doubt the severity of this virus.Keep yourself safe and abstained from big social event.cheers"

Maybe you should give the Meet and greet section a miss for a few months if you get upset ?

Reply privately

By *ature friendly coupleCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

Agree with everything you say....I think it just goes to show the mentality of some people when they think this virus wont hurt them which it might not but when it strikes here like in Italy then people will be more worried.

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

[Removed by poster at 16/03/20 20:43:36]

Reply privately

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Agree with everything you say....I think it just goes to show the mentality of some people when they think this virus wont hurt them which it might not but when it strikes here like in Italy then people will be more worried."

There is NO certainty it will......

Reply privately

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"Agree with everything you say....I think it just goes to show the mentality of some people when they think this virus wont hurt them which it might not but when it strikes here like in Italy then people will be more worried.

There is NO certainty it will......"

Italy has one of the highest population of older people, another one is, let me think, oh yes, China.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Agree with everything you say....I think it just goes to show the mentality of some people when they think this virus wont hurt them which it might not but when it strikes here like in Italy then people will be more worried.

There is NO certainty it will......

Italy has one of the highest population of older people, another one is, let me think, oh yes, China."

Most developed nations have highest population of over 70s. Everyone can be a virus carrier but over 70s are at high risk of dying .

You are implying that this virus is deadly only for over 70s and not others.

Why try to taste the poison ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Looking forward to revisiting this thread when this is all over to see how the ill informed the ‘it’s just flu’ ‘ I am going to carry meeting’ ‘media hype’ people are getting on.

You have the most powerful resource at your fingertips - it’s called the internet - try using it and actually studying the situation. Or is sex the only thing you have in your lives....

Reply privately

By *dores blackmenWoman
over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

It is not the plague.

Death is not imminent

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well said!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

There is NO certainty it will......"

No certainty but a huge likelihood, the CMO said today we are only 3 weeks behind Italy. Even Greenland has a case now.

Reply privately

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

The imperial college who are doing the risk assessment and the team focused on Covid-19 have released a document which is very scary and sad.

250,000 expected to die best case scenario.

Total lockdown is best solution ideally.

More clear about those at risk.

Expecting this to drag out for atleast 12-18months.

What I wrote above stands and is proven correct.

Please self isolate and reduce social interaction now before it's too late.

Thank you

Reply privately

over a year ago

london/ taplow

Me and some other members I work with actually think weve already had it about 6-8 weeks ago. That's not a joke, or a big up me comment before you say anything. We isolated, we rode it out, were now ok. We are all middle aged males in good physical shape.

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

If anyone wants to see a accurate figures rather than the bullshit on the forum see

There's some very promising trends if you understand statistics and can see beyond the mass Hysteria and analyse it for yourself

I'll not be reading any comments because I don't really give a shit what people think it's just the truth in numbers and it could be a lot worse tomorrow or it could be a lot better

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200315-sitrep-55-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=33daa5cb_8

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Me and some other members I work with actually think weve already had it about 6-8 weeks ago. That's not a joke, or a big up me comment before you say anything. We isolated, we rode it out, were now ok. We are all middle aged males in good physical shape."

There was a pretty bad virus going around xmas time/January, more likely that than CV19

Reply privately

By *oneyjule65Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

"Just because people choose to still meet it doesn't mean they see it as a joke

Its their choice. I will still be meeting as normal"

Us too

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just because people choose to still meet it doesn't mean they see it as a joke

Its their choice. I will still be meeting as normal

Us too "

I think the topic is about clubs and parties organised for large gatherings.

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Some interesting reading about quarantine

https://time.com/5796425/china-coronavirus-lockdown/

Reply privately

over a year ago

Be responsible.

Eyes wide open!!"

Awesome response well done

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have some Lucazade and chill out

Reply privately

over a year ago

Straw man question.

Try not to be an idiot all your life, eh.

Can you cite the source of this information please?"

Shhhh!

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's easy.

The media are trying (snd suceeding) in trying to whip a frenzied hysteria. It achieves nothing.

People are easily influenced by the media (and social media), much more so than actual information."

All of this

Reply privately

By *oppet22TV/TS
over a year ago

huddersfield

I will be still meeting just have to be more careful

Reply privately

over a year ago

“Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everybody gets busy on the proof.”

- JK Galbraith

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm low risk for fatal effects.

Some of my family, friends, and associates are not.

You may shrug it off, and will come out of it alright, regardless of how much fluid you share.

I only hope you're not crushed to death under your collection of horded toilet rolls and dried pasta, in some freaky Final Destination/Casualty scene.

Reply privately

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Im not meeting as ive autoimmune problem..

Reply privately

By *llan55Man
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Reply privately

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"The imperial college who are doing the risk assessment and the team focused on Covid-19 have released a document which is very scary and sad.

250,000 expected to die best case scenario.

Total lockdown is best solution ideally.

More clear about those at risk.

Expecting this to drag out for atleast 12-18months.

What I wrote above stands and is proven correct.

Please self isolate and reduce social interaction now before it's too late.

Thank you "

Do they eat eggs, or butter, or..... whatever the downer is vogue this year.

Reply privately

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Plus points for me are roads are quieter, no football to delay me going home (I drive by Ibrox), fewer planes (I’m on the flight path), quiz starts on time as there’s no football.

Looks like I’ll soon be working from home.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with this. Some will lose wages so it is serious for many. The government needs to help people who will have no income.

Reply privately