Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Is it panic buying if

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Jaffa cakes are on special offer and you buy 3 double packs. Because you love Jaffa cakes.

Or your brother buys 4 tins of his favourite food because it's buy one get one half price.

I was told that I was panic buying the other day. But any normal every day shopping trip if I see something I really like on offer I normally buy a few more. That's why shop's have offers to get people to buy more or when they buy the offer they might buy something else.

But I got really bugged off because I brought extra Jaffa cakes x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No it’s not panic buying. I was told by someone at work (I Work in a busy civil engineering company) that someone sneezed and coughed and he was nearly in the process of having some form of disciplinary on him because of it. We had been told about covid 19 and what to do the day earlier.

It was only after he’d shown the manager he’d been sanding something and the residue had made the sneezing occur that the whole thing was quietly dropped.

People can be ignorant.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"No it’s not panic buying. I was told by someone at work (I Work in a busy civil engineering company) that someone sneezed and coughed and he was nearly in the process of having some form of disciplinary on him because of it. We had been told about covid 19 and what to do the day earlier.

It was only after he’d shown the manager he’d been sanding something and the residue had made the sneezing occur that the whole thing was quietly dropped.

People can be ignorant."

Friends I know work in a food factory. And they all got mask's to wear. But a few days in they ran out of masks and can't get more so everyone back to working as normal. And they had to close down the part of the factory where the masks was needed every day for safety reasons. But as they used them up they none left so they couldn't use the machines ops

over a year ago

"No it’s not panic buying. I was told by someone at work (I Work in a busy civil engineering company) that someone sneezed and coughed and he was nearly in the process of having some form of disciplinary on him because of it. We had been told about covid 19 and what to do the day earlier.

People can be ignorant.

Friends I know work in a food factory. And they all got mask's to wear. But a few days in they ran out of masks and can't get more so everyone back to working as normal. And they had to close down the part of the factory where the masks was needed every day for safety reasons. But as they used them up they none left so they couldn't use the machines ops"

It’s ridiculous! People in Europe have pretty much said that it’s getting worse and so they’re closing only essential shops and banned meetings of large crowds. Over here we’re doing the ‘keep calm and carry on’ bullshit. Boris knows it too bloody late but is thinking about business (as normal) or what that orange tit says (who has now changed his mind) and at the announcement on Friday afternoon the best our PM can do is start with ‘some of you will die’!?!?!?

Fucks sake

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

I saw those Jaffa cakes on offer in Tesco and bought 2 x double packs ( 2 for 1). Not panic buying.

Have seen the weirdest trolleys leaving supermarkets. One deep trolley was crammed with bleach and tinned tomatoes ( not sure what they were gonna cook). One had loo rolls and bottled water. Another had nothing but tinned soup. No accounting for people

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/03/20 08:22:19]

over a year ago

Panic buying of toilet roll? I'd rather eat than wipe my arse

By *T_LEECouple (MM)
over a year ago

near you

I'm still living of my pre Christmas brexit shop

By *exy fucker bikerMan
over a year ago

kent

It's bloody stupid, if u get it you get it panicing won't bloody help we should just stop this.

I see in superstore tin Tom and pasta gone and loo roll what for tea pasta with tin Tom's on loo roll it not even real food is it....

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

People can be ignorant.

Friends I know work in a food factory. And they all got mask's to wear. But a few days in they ran out of masks and can't get more so everyone back to working as normal. And they had to close down the part of the factory where the masks was needed every day for safety reasons. But as they used them up they none left so they couldn't use the machines ops

It’s ridiculous! People in Europe have pretty much said that it’s getting worse and so they’re closing only essential shops and banned meetings of large crowds. Over here we’re doing the ‘keep calm and carry on’ bullshit. Boris knows it too bloody late but is thinking about business (as normal) or what that orange tit says (who has now changed his mind) and at the announcement on Friday afternoon the best our PM can do is start with ‘some of you will die’!?!?!?

Fucks sake "

Sorry but Borris is right. People are going to die, a lot of people, it could be as many as 500,000 Its not possible to contain this outbreak, closing everything now would slow progress but not stop it. Can we really shut down the country effectively for 6 months or even a year? Business keeps the lights on, water in your pipes, supplies on the shelves and generates income for both individuals and the government. Critical services need supplies from their suppliers who need supplies from there suppliers. Close schools and parents have to stay home or increase the risk of exposure to vulnerable grandparents. When will Ireland reopen its schools? It is unlikely the number of active infections drop below today’s level before September, perhaps even well into the new year. Many parents are desperately needed by the NHS is this crisis. The economic damage of a complete shutdown to both personal and government finances would be catastrophic. Already 100,000s of people who work in hospitality, travel and entertainment are facing financial ruin.

We have to seriously consider isolating those at higher risk and those caring for them, perhaps 5 million people or more, many of whom are not economically active. Meantime the rest of us try to ride though the disease, ironically we may actually shorten the outbreak and reduce the total number of deaths by deliberately allowing the virus to spread though those of us at lower risk. Hopefully surviving it means one become immune and will then not offer the virus a route though which it can infect the vulnerable when they eventually come out of isolation.

Post new Message to Thread