Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes decided to work from home for a bit

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

No or by the time most of actually need to isolate we’ll probably be fed up already! Latest prediction is most of us will get this in the hectic 1-2 months so isolating now is pointless

I’ve been out and stocked up on tomato soup , frozen berries and frozen yoghurt today ,last time I had malaria that’s all I could eat and it’s very similar. Make sure you have plenty of clean sheets and pjs too.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"No or by the time most of actually need to isolate we’ll probably be fed up already! Latest prediction is most of us will get this in the hectic 1-2 months so isolating now is pointless

I’ve been out and stocked up on tomato soup , frozen berries and frozen yoghurt today ,last time I had malaria that’s all I could eat and it’s very similar. Make sure you have plenty of clean sheets and pjs too."

If you're displaying symptoms I wouldn't say isolating now is pointless at all...

Although this so called "government" has banned testing of those who aren't already in hospital so many of could just be wasting our time, yes.

By *ooskiMan
over a year ago

south coast

Rather just get it over and done with.......missing valuable skiing time

over a year ago

So here's the thing you say at home.you don't go shopping for anything because you have all your food stuff. But you need bread or milk you go out someone who been walking around for weeks gives you the bug so you have to lock yourself home again. There's really no point unless every one does it and if they try to use the police or army to stop you leaving the house who going to stop the police army getting the bug and then they be passing it around.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I think they are relying on those who are displaying symptoms a) being honest and b) not wanting to pass it on. At current I am confined to my bedroom and the spare bathroom only and will be for 5 more days. It's difficult but I could never forgive myself if it does turn out to be covid and I passed it on to my parents, who I live with.

over a year ago

"... Currently self-isolating? "

Not currently. But would do if I got any symptoms. Would be very hard with no spare rooms in the house. Without testing though, or informing the health services your ill, I feel concerned for the elderly. What happens if a single elderly, or couple get it who are normally independent and don't reply on others. How are they going look after there own needs?

So while the rest of the world seems to be on lockdown, us brits are just stood at the sink washing our hands singing happy birthday.

Post new Message to Thread