Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Going from dating to swinging

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey everyone!

I'm currently looking to date in the vanilla world with the help of dating apps hahaa.

I am wondering how and when you approach the subject of swinging with a potential partner?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hey everyone!

I'm currently looking to date in the vanilla world with the help of dating apps hahaa.

I am wondering how and when you approach the subject of swinging with a potential partner?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks. "

At the point where you have some 'old friends' coming for dinner

over a year ago

"Hey everyone!

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

At the point where you have some 'old friends' coming for dinner "

Hahaa have you just invited yourselves

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Date one if I thought there was a possibility of us getting on well enough for date two.

Towards the end of the date I'd ask what they wanted from a relationship physically and emotionally. That would be an opportunity for both of us to say what we were after.

The older I get the more I realise there's less time to muck about.

over a year ago

That actually makes a lot of sense NiceCouple, when I've been on dates it always seems like each of us are trying to guess what the other wants, six months down the line we find out we aren't compatible haha

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"That actually makes a lot of sense NiceCouple, when I've been on dates it always seems like each of us are trying to guess what the other wants, six months down the line we find out we aren't compatible haha"

Well I've been alive waaaay longer than you and I've seen so many couples who only talk about what they really want when things go badly wrong.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Set out your stall before you meet someone - use your dating profile to say that you’re looking for a regular friend with benefits who is willing to things sexually. In your interests add 3somes and adult parties ... obviously adapt to your situation

Worst thing you can do is lead someone on or change the goal posts after they’ve committed to you emotionally, that’s just not fair

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Set out your stall before you meet someone - use your dating profile to say that you’re looking for a regular friend with benefits who is willing to things sexually. In your interests add 3somes and adult parties ... obviously adapt to your situation

Worst thing you can do is lead someone on or change the goal posts after they’ve committed to you emotionally, that’s just not fair "

Crikey that's scorching the earth before youve even met someone! I'm sure if he sets out his stall so graphically he'll frighten off potential suitors..some of whom might have been suitable

Of course I believe in honesty but it would be a long dating profile if he covers all his foibles, likes and dislikes before meeting someone!

over a year ago

Yeah I'm not sure how well it would go down on a tinder profile basically saying I'm a kinky bugger hahaha

By *oltruckMan
over a year ago

Buxton

"Set out your stall before you meet someone - use your dating profile to say that you’re looking for a regular friend with benefits who is willing to things sexually. In your interests add 3somes and adult parties ... obviously adapt to your situation

Worst thing you can do is lead someone on or change the goal posts after they’ve committed to you emotionally, that’s just not fair

Crikey that's scorching the earth before youve even met someone! I'm sure if he sets out his stall so graphically he'll frighten off potential suitors..some of whom might have been suitable

Of course I believe in honesty but it would be a long dating profile if he covers all his foibles, likes and dislikes before meeting someone! "

I agree 100% with you there blondeblackwood I've been on a dating apps trying to find someone for companionship and fun just do normal things with but also to have a great sex life as soon as you mentioned sex when you're chatting to women on these sites block block block you're all the same after one thing is the response you get off these women

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s better than leading someone int why you’re looking for a 1:1 relationship then swiping the carpet a few weeks/ months in and breaking their heart.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Of course I believe in honesty but it would be a long dating profile if he covers all his foibles, likes and dislikes before meeting someone! I agree 100% with you there blondeblackwood I've been on a dating apps trying to find someone for companionship and fun just do normal things with but also to have a great sex life as soon as you mentioned sex when you're chatting to women on these sites block block block you're all the same after one thing is the response you get off these women"

It is an interesting conundrum though.

I met my now hubby at university, a hundred years ago. What I didn't know was he'd an interest in this lifestyle when it was far different to what it is now.

If he'd told me from outset he was into 3somes and sharing partners I would have scarpered a country mile!

You don't fall in love with someone on the first date or the second, third etc...so in my opinion it's better to drip feed what might be the unpalatable truth or the best adventure someone could be introduced to!

over a year ago

How did he introduce you to it then blonde?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Yeah I'm not sure how well it would go down on a tinder profile basically saying I'm a kinky bugger hahaha"

How important is that part of your life? If the answer is "not very" then don't include it or if you are happy to date a lot of people in your search for one who's compatible in most of your required areas. You're young, you've got loads of time, my view point is going to be much different because I haven't.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"How did he introduce you to it then blonde?"

I wasn't so much introduced as it forming part of a developing, organic conversation over several months. Obviously 30 years ago such things were more taboo than they are now and I experienced severe sexual jealousy as he shared some stories with me.

I can't say it was something I jumped into with both feet, it took a couple of years before we went to a party together, watching without participating and it went from there.

Ironically he has no interest in playing now but enjoys my continuing interest.

Post new Message to Thread