Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Deleting face pics

Jump to newest

By *penbicouple OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

This is a bit of a frustration of mine, that I thought I'd share to get some rational perspective.

Why do so many people set their photos in messages to auto-delete?! Drives me insane if a) we haven't both had a chance to see them, or b) they msg a day or so later and - because there are no face pics on their profile - we haven't got a clue who they are!

I get that people are free to do what they want with their own photos. I also get that they may worry about wank-bandits just collecting fiddle-fodder. However, I suspect they simply underestimate how many messages women/couples get and that it's not always easy to keep track of folk.

What do you think? Say something to calm my increasing niggle.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

We do this to reduce the liklihood of pics being saved/distributed. If someone wants us to resend because they've forgotten how gorgeous we are, we'll resend.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It is frustrating but can also understand why some people do it, not everyone on here is that discreet

over a year ago

Because the site allows you to

By *entlecaressMan
over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

It is frustrating when one of us hasn't seen them we normally send a polite request to resend if they don't we drop contact.

over a year ago

"We do this to reduce the liklihood of pics being saved/distributed. If someone wants us to resend because they've forgotten how gorgeous we are, we'll resend. "

This

over a year ago

Northampton

"We do this to reduce the liklihood of pics being saved/distributed. If someone wants us to resend because they've forgotten how gorgeous we are, we'll resend. "

I totally get that. And if it's clear the conversation is going nowhere, we do the same.

However, I tend to think that if some scumbag was gonna do that, they'd screenshot the minute they first received the photo?

By *wistedTooCouple
over a year ago

Frimley

It makes no difference. You gonna take someone’s photo? First message is where they’ll take them from.People shouldn’t auto-delete becuse if someone is on the profile and gets a message and then wants to show that person to their partner to decide to move forward, if those photos are gone, there’s nothing to show.

The feature is a false sense of security that doesn’t make a difference.

over a year ago

Northampton

"We do this to reduce the liklihood of pics being saved/distributed. If someone wants us to resend because they've forgotten how gorgeous we are, we'll resend.

It makes no difference. You gonna take someone’s photo? First message is where they’ll take them from.People shouldn’t auto-delete becuse if someone is on the profile and gets a message and then wants to show that person to their partner to decide to move forward, if those photos are gone, there’s nothing to show.

The feature is a false sense of security that doesn’t make a difference."

Yep, this is my feeling exactly.

over a year ago

"We do this to reduce the liklihood of pics being saved/distributed. If someone wants us to resend because they've forgotten how gorgeous we are, we'll resend.

I totally get that. And if it's clear the conversation is going nowhere, we do the same.

However, I tend to think that if some scumbag was gonna do that, they'd screenshot the minute they first received the photo?"

Exactly...

This frustrates us too. Often only one of us gets to see the pics. Or if we haven't spoken in a while it's a nice reminder to see what they look like again without constantly having to ask..

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

We always delete them after the message has been read. Don't see any reason that we shouldn't.

By *randmrsmanchesterCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

We have had this. When one of us checks by the time the other one gets chance to read messages it's gone.....

By *oneyjule65Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

Us too

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"We always delete them after the message has been read. Don't see any reason that we shouldn't."

So people can remember what you look like when they have more than one or two conversations going on at once.

Fair few guys we've given up trying to talk to as their pictures keep disappearing. if we have to keep asking, we have to presume they're being "discreet", e.g. cheating.

Drives me mad personally. Just put face pics in your public photos and be done with it I say.

over a year ago

Birmingham

Us too "

Little worse around here than asking someone to resend pics to re-confirm they're ... not for us ... :/

over a year ago

"This is a bit of a frustration of mine, that I thought I'd share to get some rational perspective.

Why do so many people set their photos in messages to auto-delete?! Drives me insane if a) we haven't both had a chance to see them, or b) they msg a day or so later and - because there are no face pics on their profile - we haven't got a clue who they are!

I get that people are free to do what they want with their own photos. I also get that they may worry about wank-bandits just collecting fiddle-fodder. However, I suspect they simply underestimate how many messages women/couples get and that it's not always easy to keep track of folk.

What do you think? Say something to calm my increasing niggle."

i don't do it but its a thing the site offers to protect peoples identity not that it does, you can just screen save pics, so i agree with you its pointless and only serves to annoy people who are easily annoyed

over a year ago

This app doesn't allow me to take screen shots. I delete my photos straight away as I trusted the viewer couldn't store them. You have me worried now.

over a year ago

"This app doesn't allow me to take screen shots. I delete my photos straight away as I trusted the viewer couldn't store them. You have me worried now. "
all touch screen phones have the ability to screensave pics

over a year ago

"This app doesn't allow me to take screen shots. I delete my photos straight away as I trusted the viewer couldn't store them. You have me worried now. "
if you are worried dont put pics on

over a year ago

I don't have any public face photos, but will perhaps be more cautious about joining in with face pic Friday, etc.

Blissful naivete

over a year ago

"I don't have any public face photos, but will perhaps be more cautious about joining in with face pic Friday, etc.

Blissful naivete "

true oh sapiophile

over a year ago

This seems to be an issue for couples. As you can tell from the paperclip that an image is attached, maybe wait until you're both together to look at it.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"This seems to be an issue for couples. As you can tell from the paperclip that an image is attached, maybe wait until you're both together to look at it."

Nah, just take a screenshot, or on a browser, right click the image and open in a new tab. Easy.

over a year ago

Birmingham

What are you worried about? Someone out there might have proof that someone who may or may not be you has a face?

Sure if there's a photo of your face and being drilled by 7 guys at once... that's a little harder to shake, but it it's just a heck of picture, what's the possible damage??

over a year ago

"This app doesn't allow me to take screen shots. I delete my photos straight away as I trusted the viewer couldn't store them. You have me worried now.

What are you worried about? Someone out there might have proof that someone who may or may not be you has a face?

Sure if there's a photo of your face and being drilled by 7 guys at once... that's a little harder to shake, but it it's just a heck of picture, what's the possible damage??"

Lots of site users have careers that would be jeopardised if they were recognised on here.

over a year ago

I sorry to say I do this. It’s a privacy thing. Worried about a co work being in here, picture Collectors and even people that prop up dating sites. ... so many messages I send go as unread and that’s a little annoying for us males. So many don’t reply , go unread , or instantly your not our type , why should we leave a picture in a message permanently.

You could reply asking could a partner see later. Or again if you wish to draw up a list of potential people reply to a message. Courtesy work both ways...quite often they are rude and like I am wasting their time. Sorry to have to say it

over a year ago

I use this fearure. My work on TV could be jeopardised

over a year ago

Birmingham

"This app doesn't allow me to take screen shots. I delete my photos straight away as I trusted the viewer couldn't store them. You have me worried now.

Sure if there's a photo of your face and being drilled by 7 guys at once... that's a little harder to shake, but it it's just a heck of picture, what's the possible damage??

Lots of site users have careers that would be jeopardised if they were recognised on here. "

Nah, I just don't believe that. People like to think it, but it's absurdly rare to be a meaningful thing I'm sure.

By *ympho6969Woman
over a year ago

glasgow

I auto delete all face pics I send but would happily send again if asked.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"We always delete them after the message has been read. Don't see any reason that we shouldn't.

So people can remember what you look like when they have more than one or two conversations going on at once.

Fair few guys we've given up trying to talk to as their pictures keep disappearing. if we have to keep asking, we have to presume they're being "discreet", e.g. cheating.

Drives me mad personally. Just put face pics in your public photos and be done with it I say."

Public face photos? We do not want it public knowledge that we are swingers. We have close family and children to consider. Where we live is very close knit and people judge.

We value our privacy thank you very much.

We understand that not everyone has the inclination or the knowledge to understand our point of view.

over a year ago

I agree

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

We are also very willing to resend photos if asked.

The way around it is that we always open messages that include face photos when we are together, so we don't need to see them more than once. That system works well for us..

over a year ago

Screenshot

over a year ago

Due to my situation I always delete but I will also always resend if asked. I know it can be problematic with couples when one checks etc hence the resend and I will try and send the same ohoto for consistency. It's a habit after being stung in the past xx

over a year ago

I am glad I am not the only one ?? ... swinging is a life style that is discrete and private . There are people that can’t respect that.

I once was at a naturist club . I unfortunately see a co worker. A bi male who then thought I was game to “suck my cock or I will tell”... obviously I told him To F@ck off. He did get the sack for pestering a female at work ....sadly I’ve never been back to that club.. why I am on here....

over a year ago

We delete after a few hours if read but no reply, TBH we don’t send them to all and sundry, we only send when they don’t seem like idiots, gave verifications and can string a sentence together.

If we receive pictures and one of us isn’t around, we just tell them so

over a year ago

Lots of site users have careers that would be jeopardised if they were recognised on here.

Nah, I just don't believe that. People like to think it, but it's absurdly rare to be a meaningful thing I'm sure."

It may be rare (I don't think it is, personally), but it's a genuine threat.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Yeah it’s frustrating but it encourages people to share. It’s pointless though , just screen capture and message it to the other half....a bit like all those random friend requests you accept at 4am, download then unfriend them. We’d never do that.

over a year ago

We don't send our face pics via fab as don't want them screenshot with website's name above them.

I'm usually the first to see the message so if I think we might be interested I screenshot the picture received so I can show it later to husband in case it disappears by the time he reads the message.

Mrs

By *stoppMan
over a year ago

Durham

Further to the suggestion of screen shot the image, theirs the option of take a photo of your screen on another device, it’s not perfect but it would do to show your partner .. but I would say if your not keen on photos possibly being shared never post photos that aren’t edited to show no more than face or couldn’t be found f,book etc.. oh and don’t have personal items in the background ie family photos, it does happen honestly..

over a year ago

I just use a mates pictures until the day of the meet

By *uffnmuffCouple
over a year ago

London

over a year ago

Security for security sake I think. You could always ask to resend they’ve sent a face pic already I’m sure they won’t mind sending again if asked. The other side to it is If you have no intention of responding why would you want to keep it. I think it’s a good gimmick personally

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I tend to leave mine, but my situation is such that I feel ok to do so. I also don’t personally feel that removing them reduces my risk, but I don’t really see the problem if people want to.

Different strokes for different folks (that’s not an offer people! Ok, maybe for some of you ).

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple
over a year ago

South East Wales

It’s really annoying!

I do understand the want for privacy but it’s kind of pointless really as I could literally screenshot the pictures as soon as I’ve opened the message- which I’ve actually gotten into the habit of doing now in case of auto delete and we aren’t both together when the message is read, or we want to refer back to the face pics at some point.

So overal, kind of a pointless feature if you want to be completely anonymous.

Sassy

over a year ago

Birmingham

"

Public face photos? We do not want it public knowledge that we are swingers. We have close family and children to consider. Where we live is very close knit and people judge.

We value our privacy thank you very much. "

I get the principle but to me this is the overkill side of things. No one is skywriting your address. The kids will be just fine.

I could forge a photo to pretend it was from here trivially easily... Did you know David Cameron is a swinger? 5 minutes and I'll get you all the proof you want.

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"We always delete them after the message has been read. Don't see any reason that we shouldn't.

Drives me mad personally. Just put face pics in your public photos and be done with it I say.

We understand that not everyone has the inclination or the knowledge to understand our point of view."

Agreed, some of us are more private than others. What goes on in the bedroom stays in the bedroom. What goes on in a club stays in a club (apart from great memories!)

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I do it, I’ll go through my sent items every now and again and if it’s someone I’ve not spoken to for a while I’ll delete my pic. Happy to resend of the conversation pics up again. X

over a year ago

"I auto delete all face pics I send but would happily send again if asked. "
send me it again then please

over a year ago

Birmingham

We understand that not everyone has the inclination or the knowledge to understand our point of view. Agreed, some of us are more private than others. What goes on in the bedroom stays in the bedroom. What goes on in a club stays in a club (apart from great memories!) "

So then don't send them at all.

over a year ago

"

I get the principle but to me this is the overkill side of things. No one is skywriting your address. The kids will be just fine.

I could forge a photo to pretend it was from here trivially easily... Did you know David Cameron is a swinger? 5 minutes and I'll get you all the proof you want. "

really is he omg

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"

I could forge a photo to pretend it was from here trivially easily... Did you know David Cameron is a swinger? 5 minutes and I'll get you all the proof you want. really is he omg "

Ann Widdecombe too

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Mauchline

"I auto delete all face pics I send but would happily send again if asked. "

Same here

over a year ago

"

I could forge a photo to pretend it was from here trivially easily... Did you know David Cameron is a swinger? 5 minutes and I'll get you all the proof you want. really is he omg Ann Widdecombe too "

omg goes into hiding

over a year ago

I don’t delete them, no, what happens is they self-destruct if you choose not to accept this mission

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"

I could forge a photo to pretend it was from here trivially easily... Did you know David Cameron is a swinger? 5 minutes and I'll get you all the proof you want. "

Our kids wouldn't understand why Mum and Dad are having sex with multiple strangers. That is going against advice we give them too. My family and friends also don't know that Mrs is bisexual and we want it keeping that way

We suppose it comes down to what is important to the individual.

Post new Message to Thread