Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Snowflakes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why is there so many snowflakes? Not just on here but in general. My ears are always open for anyone, if it's not for me I will politely tell u so u can move on without wasting your time, there's really no offence meant and no need for abuse, especially when I know u wouldn't say it to my face

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I find this snowflake description odd. All these issues that are blamed on 'snowflakes' are normally news stories brought to light by right wing news papers.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I find this snowflake description odd. All these issues that are blamed on 'snowflakes' are normally news stories brought to light by right wing news papers."

over a year ago

"I find this snowflake description odd. All these issues that are blamed on 'snowflakes' are normally news stories brought to light by right wing news papers."

‘You don’t agree with me so you’re a snowflake!’ Ermmm....

over a year ago

"especially when I know u wouldn't say it to my face"

Why wouldn't someone "say it to your face" op?

By *uicylucy76Woman
over a year ago

thornton cleveleys

Snowflake... the worst used word along with lol.

over a year ago

We are in strange times, it's pick a side and stick to it matter what your team does. The recent bullying accusations are a great example. John Berkow gets accused of bully...bad. Priti Patel and it's her being a strong leader and 'getting the job done'. Surely both are bad as each other of it's true???

over a year ago

Snowflakes are those who are easily offended and think them being offended means they are right or have some moral high ground, just weak minded insecure bitches is all.

over a year ago

"Snowflakes are those who are easily offended and think them being offended means they are right or have some moral high ground, just weak minded insecure bitches is all. "

He says.....till something offends him...

over a year ago

It's just a word. Nothing to be frightened of when used properly, and responded to appropriately.

over a year ago

I'm not easily offended I don't need a safe space from "others opinions" ??

By *_MariusMan
over a year ago

Currently Faraway

An example of a “snowflake” would be somebody saying: ‘please stop screwing the world up by using too much fossil fuels, it can cause heart problems and cancer’.

In reality the actual snowflake is the one who is ‘offended’ by people who try to create a more positive world. I know what I’ve said is open to more interpretation but, you get the gist.

over a year ago

"I'm not easily offended I don't need a safe space from "others opinions" ??"

Then why are you getting funny about it

over a year ago

Who's getting funny about it?

over a year ago

"An example of a “snowflake” would be somebody saying: ‘please stop screwing the world up by using too much fossil fuels, it can cause heart problems and cancer’.

In reality the actual snowflake is the one who is ‘offended’ by people who try to create a more positive world. I know what I’ve said is open to more interpretation but, you get the gist."

In the news, there was a vegan woman in the US who went out jogging between 12-2pm. She put notes through her neighbours' doors asking them to either not cook meat during these times, or close their windows because the smell offended her. I think she wins the title.

By *raceytvcdTV/TS
over a year ago

mansfield

"especially when I know u wouldn't say it to my face

Why wouldn't someone "say it to your face" op?"

I'd say it to your face if I didnt agree with you? What is the problem with that ?

over a year ago

"Who's getting funny about it? "

I think calling people 'bitches' seems a bit tetchy..

over a year ago

"An example of a “snowflake” would be somebody saying: ‘please stop screwing the world up by using too much fossil fuels, it can cause heart problems and cancer’.

In reality the actual snowflake is the one who is ‘offended’ by people who try to create a more positive world. I know what I’ve said is open to more interpretation but, you get the gist.

In the news, there was a vegan woman in the US who went out jogging between 12-2pm. She put notes through her neighbours' doors asking them to either not cook meat during these times, or close their windows because the smell offended her. I think she wins the title."

Can't argue with that

over a year ago

Let me guess my use of the word bitches offends you? Hahaha oh the irony

over a year ago

I find I am easily turned off by people that use that word to mean anything other than the pretty little icey things that you can turn into snowmen

over a year ago

"Let me guess my use of the word bitches offends you? Hahaha oh the irony "

Not at all, just seems anybody who disagrees with you is a bitch. Seems completely logical. Well done

over a year ago

"I find I am easily turned off by people that use that word to mean anything other than the pretty little icey things that you can turn into snowmen "

Yeah, I don't think the op is enhancing his chances of a meet!

over a year ago

I have no idea what you are talking about. You sound like you are projecting. Someone is a insecure weak minded bitch if just someone having a different opinion makes them freak out and then try to control their speech or thoughts or even try to silence that person because they are offended. .

By *_MariusMan
over a year ago

Currently Faraway

In the news, there was a vegan woman in the US who went out jogging between 12-2pm. She put notes through her neighbours' doors asking them to either not cook meat during these times, or close their windows because the smell offended her. I think she wins the title.

Can't argue with that "

I couldn’t possibly comment on the case as I don’t know anything about it. But another example of a snowflake that I hope melts and evaporates pretty soon would be Katie Hopkins saying things like: ‘Londoners deserve all the attacks they get with their multiracial city’ and then going like ‘boo hoo, nobody wants me in Britain because I speak the truth and everybody else are sheep so I’m off abroad’.

over a year ago

"I have no idea what you are talking about. You sound like you are projecting. Someone is a insecure weak minded bitch if just someone having a different opinion makes them freak out and then try to control their speech or thoughts or even try to silence that person because they are offended. . "

Oh the irony

over a year ago

Can't argue with that

I couldn’t possibly comment on the case as I don’t know anything about it. But another example of a snowflake that I hope melts and evaporates pretty soon would be Katie Hopkins saying things like: ‘Londoners deserve all the attacks they get with their multiracial city’ and then going like ‘boo hoo, nobody wants me in Britain because I speak the truth and everybody else are sheep so I’m off abroad’. "

That woman would literally say anything for publicity. It's like that twat, Tommy Robinson, he cares not a rat's arse about this country, just his bank account. So many have been hoodwinked morons.

over a year ago

"Snowflakes are those who are easily offended and think them being offended means they are right or have some moral high ground, just weak minded insecure bitches is all. "

I always consider it to be an insult used by people that can't handle other people doing things differently to how they'd like them to be.

over a year ago

"I have no idea what you are talking about. You sound like you are projecting. Someone is a insecure weak minded bitch if just someone having a different opinion makes them freak out and then try to control their speech or thoughts or even try to silence that person because they are offended. .

Oh the irony"

Yep....whoosh, straight over his head.

over a year ago

Actually I suspect you consider anyone that diesnt let you say what you want without retribution to be a snowflake.

Calling people insecure bitches is offensive. Pointing out that doesn't make anyone a snowflake. Your inability to consider that what you say might be the problem rather than people's reaction is typical of the Piers Morgan, school of hard life, tell it how it is brigade and it's really not a positive character trait

over a year ago

I think you need to look up the word irony hahaha.

over a year ago

"I think you need to look up the word irony hahaha. "

Can you explain what it is that you've said or done that is ironic?

over a year ago

Projection. The OP seems to have triggered the very people he was talking about in his post. I think we have found the snowflakes! Hahahaha.

over a year ago

"Projection. The OP seems to have triggered the very people he was talking about in his post. I think we have found the snowflakes! Hahahaha. "

Really?

All I see is people questioning you about your crass terminology

over a year ago

54! 26! Boggle!

over a year ago

Arent nearly all millenials considered snowflakes

over a year ago

"Arent nearly all millenials considered snowflakes"

Yeah, by old folk who can’t believe someone would dare disagree with them

over a year ago

Yes and the OP is a millennial as am I.

Lots of people don't understand what a millennial is.

over a year ago

"Arent nearly all millenials considered snowflakes

Yeah, by old folk who can’t believe someone would dare disagree with them "

Exactly this.

over a year ago

Lots of people don't understand what a millennial is. "

Im confused

over a year ago

Millennials are the new boomers

over a year ago

What, because we disagree with you, we are snowflakes? It's called differing points of view. You are the one banging on about snowflakes, I think you need to just go and have a nice cup of tea. Life really is too short

over a year ago

Im confused "

The OP is criticizing snowflakes. This is considered to be the millennial generation. The OP falls in to this generation.

over a year ago

"Millennials are the new boomers "

You know you are a millennial right?

over a year ago

Im confused

The OP is criticizing snowflakes. This is considered to be the millennial generation. The OP falls in to this generation. "

Aaah my assumption was anyone born post 2000 was a millenial

over a year ago

"What, because we disagree with you, we are snowflakes? It's called differing points of view. You are the one banging on about snowflakes, I think you need to just go and have a nice cup of tea. Life really is too short"

He should have a nice slush puppie instead. Or something 'manly' like a Snowball on ice.

over a year ago

"Millennials are the new boomers

You know you are a millennial right? "

I'm rebranding as a zoomer.

over a year ago

Im confused

The OP is criticizing snowflakes. This is considered to be the millennial generation. The OP falls in to this generation.

Aaah my assumption was anyone born post 2000 was a millenial "

No its people who "came of age" around the time of the millennium.

Anyone born between 1981 and 1996.

over a year ago

Im confused

Aaah my assumption was anyone born post 2000 was a millenial "

You are also one.

over a year ago

"What, because we disagree with you, we are snowflakes? It's called differing points of view. You are the one banging on about snowflakes, I think you need to just go and have a nice cup of tea. Life really is too short

He should have a nice slush puppie instead. Or something 'manly' like a Snowball on ice."

I feel more manly just by being on the same thread as him

over a year ago

No!

over a year ago

This thread is funny, I'm bookmarking

over a year ago

"Or something 'manly' like a Snowball on ice."

Frozen semen is probably rank tbh.

over a year ago

"Or something 'manly' like a Snowball on ice.

Frozen semen is probably rank tbh."

Yeah but you can get good money for that stuff. Ask any student.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

This

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

F***n hell I've hit a nerve here. Apologies if my terminology weren't spot on, the point I was getting at was there's no need for abuse if someone politely tells you thanks but no thanks

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/03/20 21:44:05]

By *ildatheart6969Couple
over a year ago

Cheltenham

We live in very interesting times.

It's all PC gone made, everyone offended about anything.

Not sure if it came about as everyone a winner from school or what not.

over a year ago

"the point I was getting at was there's no need for abuse if someone politely tells you thanks but no thanks "

Are you defining snowflake as people who are abusive after they are turned down?

That's a new one, but sure - people shouldn't do that, I agree.

over a year ago

"F***n hell I've hit a nerve here. Apologies if my terminology weren't spot on, the point I was getting at was there's no need for abuse if someone politely tells you thanks but no thanks "

That's not a "snowflake" that's someone being a dick.

over a year ago

"We live in very interesting times.

It's all PC gone made, everyone offended about anything.

Not sure if it came about as everyone a winner from school or what not.

"

I'm gonna frame this. It's beautiful. Artistic in it's exposition and incisive at exposing the heart of it's subject, truly a worthy endeavour.

over a year ago

Does make me laugh when old people make out they're somehow from tougher stuff... then you take a look at how people actually looked in the 60s, 70s, 80s!

over a year ago

Worlds fucked

over a year ago

The Gammons are in the ascendancy.

Wont last long,it never does.

over a year ago

Can't argue with that

I couldn’t possibly comment on the case as I don’t know anything about it. But another example of a snowflake that I hope melts and evaporates pretty soon would be Katie Hopkins saying things like: ‘Londoners deserve all the attacks they get with their multiracial city’ and then going like ‘boo hoo, nobody wants me in Britain because I speak the truth and everybody else are sheep so I’m off abroad’.

That woman would literally say anything for publicity. It's like that twat, Tommy Robinson, he cares not a rat's arse about this country, just his bank account. So many have been hoodwinked morons."

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Why is there so many snowflakes? Not just on here but in general. My ears are always open for anyone, if it's not for me I will politely tell u so u can move on without wasting your time, there's really no offence meant and no need for abuse, especially when I know u wouldn't say it to my face"

Is it snowing?

over a year ago

I think one problem us that if multiple people post negative posts within a minute or two, then it looks like they are ganging up on one person, which they are not of course x

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

In reality the actual snowflake is the one who is ‘offended’ by people who try to create a more positive world. I know what I’ve said is open to more interpretation but, you get the gist."

Great post! The ones using the term are ironically the most easily offended!

over a year ago

I think the term snowflake is a strange one for this but my view on it is that most of these so called snowflakes are younger idealistic entitled people.

I don't refer to every younger person in this before we start ww3 over ageism.

There are many in the younger generation (say up to 23 y/o) and plenty in the generations above who are offended by whatever is going on at some point but then there are those who are offended by everything.

Society has changed so much that films and stand up comedians from when I was in my teens and earlier just wouldn't happen nowadays.

Could you imagine th uproar if someone remade Trading Places or one of the Carry On films or if we were fortunate enough to have a comedian like Richard Pryor doing stand up, he'd be booed off stage.

I find that in today's society there are more people complaining about something and it just prevents people from enjoying what they enjoy, sometimes.

Whoever coined snowflake could've used a better term in my opinion

over a year ago

"I think the term snowflake is a strange one for this but my view on it is that most of these so called snowflakes are younger idealistic entitled people.

I don't refer to every younger person in this before we start ww3 over ageism.

There are many in the younger generation (say up to 23 y/o) and plenty in the generations above who are offended by whatever is going on at some point but then there are those who are offended by everything.

Society has changed so much that films and stand up comedians from when I was in my teens and earlier just wouldn't happen nowadays.

Could you imagine th uproar if someone remade Trading Places or one of the Carry On films or if we were fortunate enough to have a comedian like Richard Pryor doing stand up, he'd be booed off stage.

I find that in today's society there are more people complaining about something and it just prevents people from enjoying what they enjoy, sometimes.

Whoever coined snowflake could've used a better term in my opinion"

I suppose it depends who you are. Bernard Manning was very funny to some, probably not to black people that were (and still are) experiencing racism every day. Should we just allow people like him to just spout off shit that offends people?

By *tticusukMan
over a year ago

Formby

[Removed by poster at 06/03/20 06:05:44]

over a year ago

"I think the term snowflake is a strange one for this but my view on it is that most of these so called snowflakes are younger idealistic entitled people."

Hmm. Young people are entitled to be idealistic. They are inheriting a world with too many problems and those problems need solutions, not hand-waving "in my day" lectures from those that should have fixed them in the first place.

The prevailing narrative from the older generation right now should be "Our parents saved us from the Nazis, that was their legacy - our legacy to you is a world on fire. We could have fixed this but we were too busy selfishly hoarding wealth; dealing with climate change might have meant some small hardships we weren't prepared to face up to, dealing with inequality might have meant we couldn't afford our second car or our kitchen extension. And now we realise that, and we're sorry"

over a year ago

Why odd?

Surely the term snowflake equates to something that is very delicate.

By *eastAndTheHarlotCouple
over a year ago

Hartlepool

When people starting calling others a snowflake during an argument, they've lost.

It's usually people who wish to be rude or insulting and expect people to deal with it and not call them up on their bullshit who will then whip out "such a snowflake..wow".

over a year ago

Lol yes and thats because most of the snowflakes just so happen to be on the left

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

This

over a year ago

" what ever " do you remember that .. when people had lost an argument or were lost for something to say . Now its " snowflake " No doubt it will be something else in 10 years ..Any bets on what it will be ?

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Much of the time it’s certain people being offended on behalf of others and then students and young people get the blame. I think they are called adult Libtards, they have children call Tarquin and celebrate every single religious festival except Christmas.

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

To be honest it’s been such a mild winter I’ve hardly seen any.

There’s been a bit of sleet and hail but other than that, hardly any snowflakes.

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"F***n hell I've hit a nerve here. Apologies if my terminology weren't spot on, the point I was getting at was there's no need for abuse if someone politely tells you thanks but no thanks "

Yes, your terminology was well off!!

Sorry to hear you've received abuse op - the easiest way to resolve such issues is to follow the 'thanks, but no thanks' message up with the block button.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Much of the time it’s certain people being offended on behalf of others and then students and young people get the blame. I think they are called adult Libtards, they have children call Tarquin and celebrate every single religious festival except Christmas. "

Conversely they're the people who are vocally indignant about the decline in 'British values', because of a misplaced belief (due largely to their being manipulated by the tabloid press) that foreigners/gay marriages/Muslims and the 'PC Brigade' are going to materially affect the fabric of their very fragile lives!

Ps..if half the people who celebrate the Christmas religious festival were actually Christians I might have some sympathy for them

over a year ago

I get offended by the amount of offence taken in this world

Does that make me a snowflake?

over a year ago

I find it mildly disturbing that so many want to shut down or restrict a word simply because they do not like it or do not know how to use it. Many have tried, with many words - like "freedom", "rights" and "individuality". If you do not like the word in its context, do not use it, or argue against it logically. Do not try to ban it. It is a slippery slope between banning words and burning books.

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman
over a year ago

East Sussex

"When people starting calling others a snowflake during an argument, they've lost.

It's usually people who wish to be rude or insulting and expect people to deal with it and not call them up on their bullshit who will then whip out "such a snowflake..wow"."

Exactly this. And in any case I couldn't give a toss if someone called me a snowflake - damn right I'm unique and pretty damn frosty when people are spouting obnoxious shit!

By *eastAndTheHarlotCouple
over a year ago

Hartlepool

"When people starting calling others a snowflake during an argument, they've lost.

It's usually people who wish to be rude or insulting and expect people to deal with it and not call them up on their bullshit who will then whip out "such a snowflake..wow".

Exactly this. And in any case I couldn't give a toss if someone called me a snowflake - damn right I'm unique and pretty damn frosty when people are spouting obnoxious shit!"

Those who try and insult people with the term snowflake will also then cry about their freedom of speech to be hateful, rude and intolerant.

Not understanding that freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequence or repercussion.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Amber Rudd was supposed to speak at a University for women's day as an ex equalities minister and she was banned 30 minutes before her appearance a committee vote because of her alleged link to the windrush scandal.

That in my view is a snowflake decision. Why not use the oppoy to discuss the Eindrush scandal.. no platforming is pathetic in my view.. As if Amber would hurt their delicate little ears..

Diddums..

By *arry WindsorMan
over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

"I find I am easily turned off by people that use that word to mean anything other than the pretty little icey things that you can turn into snowmen "

YES YES YES This. A thousand times this!

over a year ago

"Amber Rudd was supposed to speak at a University for women's day as an ex equalities minister and she was banned 30 minutes before her appearance a committee vote because of her alleged link to the windrush scandal.

That in my view is a snowflake decision. Why not use the oppoy to discuss the Eindrush scandal.. no platforming is pathetic in my view.. As if Amber would hurt their delicate little ears..

Diddums.. "

Wow Tom, we agree. Great eh

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Amber Rudd was supposed to speak at a University for women's day as an ex equalities minister and she was banned 30 minutes before her appearance a committee vote because of her alleged link to the windrush scandal.

Diddums..

Wow Tom, we agree. Great eh "

Blimey.. who would of thought

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Diddums.. "

And to prove this snowflakeism isn't the preserve of the lefties, I once tried to attend a public BNP meeting, just to see what went on. I was refused entry, albeit politely.

Bw

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Diddums..

And to prove this snowflakeism isn't the preserve of the lefties, I once tried to attend a public BNP meeting, just to see what went on. I was refused entry, albeit politely.

Bw"

Why would they not let you in?

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Diddums..

Bw

Why would they not let you in?"

Presumably because I'm a black man, although no reason was given.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Diddums..

Bw

Presumably because I'm a black man, although no reason was given."

Those people are morons ..

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Diddums..

Bw

Presumably because I'm a black man, although no reason was given.

Those people are morons .."

Haha..indeed but I never got to find out the depth of their moronicness!

over a year ago

"Does make me laugh when old people make out they're somehow from tougher stuff... then you take a look at how people actually looked in the 60s, 70s, 80s! "

I think that's a bit of a generality. I certainly don't think we were tougher than people born later. Personally think that younger people have a far harder time now than we did, as do most of my ageing friends.

I am also very liberal and happy to be called a snowflake.

By *inkykel2000Couple
over a year ago

Here & there...

"Much of the time it’s certain people being offended on behalf of others and then students and young people get the blame. I think they are called adult Libtards, they have children call Tarquin and celebrate every single religious festival except Christmas.

Conversely they're the people who are vocally indignant about the decline in 'British values', because of a misplaced belief (due largely to their being manipulated by the tabloid press) that foreigners/gay marriages/Muslims and the 'PC Brigade' are going to materially affect the fabric of their very fragile lives!

Ps..if half the people who celebrate the Christmas religious festival were actually Christians I might have some sympathy for them "

over a year ago

Diddums.. "

We used to wage war on people that involved themselves in ethnic cleansing, now we're expected to politely invite them to discuss the merits of their actions

over a year ago

Diddums..

We used to wage war on people that involved themselves in ethnic cleansing, now we're expected to politely invite them to discuss the merits of their actions "

Which war was that?

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

Diddums.. "

Who the fuck cares.

They invited her, then they changed their mind. It's a bit silly, but calling it 'no platforming' is so melodramatic and, dare I say, snowflakey. She's not being oppressed or silenced in any way. She has every bit the same platform she did before she got this one single invitation.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Diddums..

Who the fuck cares.

They invited her, then they changed their mind. It's a bit silly, but calling it 'no platforming' is so melodramatic and, dare I say, snowflakey. She's not being oppressed or silenced in any way. She has every bit the same platform she did before she got this one single invitation. "

WOW

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Diddums..

We used to wage war on people that involved themselves in ethnic cleansing, now we're expected to politely invite them to discuss the merits of their actions "

WOW

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Diddums..

Amber Rudd the ethnic cleanser.. ?

WOW

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Diddums..

Please elaborate.. this is truly fascinating ..

over a year ago

Look snowflakes ! Lolol

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Just when I thought I was unshockable.. along comes a trio of snowflakes...

A snowstorm of them...

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Why is there so many snowflakes? Not just on here but in general. My ears are always open for anyone, if it's not for me I will politely tell u so u can move on without wasting your time, there's really no offence meant and no need for abuse, especially when I know u wouldn't say it to my face"

Maybe they took umbrage over the legitimacy of your profile pics

Just saying

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Why is there so many snowflakes? Not just on here but in general. My ears are always open for anyone, if it's not for me I will politely tell u so u can move on without wasting your time, there's really no offence meant and no need for abuse, especially when I know u wouldn't say it to my face

Just saying"

Ouch !

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Why is there so many snowflakes? Not just on here but in general. My ears are always open for anyone, if it's not for me I will politely tell u so u can move on without wasting your time, there's really no offence meant and no need for abuse, especially when I know u wouldn't say it to my face

Just saying

Ouch ! "

Well there do appear to be some of them elsewhere on t'internet!

over a year ago

Again, I'm struggling to understand this notion of the 'snowflake'. Are we saying a black person being offended by racism is a snowflake? Is a disabled person objecting to ridicule a snowflake? If I object to it on there behalf, am I a snowflake?

All this nonsense you hear...'cant say anything anymore in this country'....yes you can. Say what you want, but don't shout 'snowflake' when somebody calls you out for being a twat.

By *ounty durham bbw coupleCouple
over a year ago

darlington

The term snowflake has come to me to mean don't appreciate racism or prejudice against particular religions is it really being to soft to not appreciate those things people who spout racism or other prejudices are quick to cry about freedom of speech

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 07/03/20 13:07:31]

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Again, I'm struggling to understand this notion of the 'snowflake'. Are we saying a black person being offended by racism is a snowflake? Is a disabled person objecting to ridicule a snowflake? If I object to it on there behalf, am I a snowflake?

All this nonsense you hear...'cant say anything anymore in this country'....yes you can. Say what you want, but don't shout 'snowflake' when somebody calls you out for being a twat."

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Again, I'm struggling to understand this notion of the 'snowflake'. Are we saying a black person being offended by racism is a snowflake? Is a disabled person objecting to ridicule a snowflake? If I object to it on there behalf, am I a snowflake?

All this nonsense you hear...'cant say anything anymore in this country'....yes you can. Say what you want, but don't shout 'snowflake' when somebody calls you out for being a twat."

I think it's being offended by very trivial things. I would not put racism or even sexism in that category personally. I have read definitions of snowflake which make the modern dictionaries.

I think we all have our own definitions and can spot one when we see one.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

All this nonsense you hear...'cant say anything anymore in this country'....yes you can. Say what you want, but don't shout 'snowflake' when somebody calls you out for being a twat.

I think it's being offended by very trivial things. I would not put racism or even sexism in that category personally. I have read definitions of snowflake which make the modern dictionaries.

"

I heard on the radio a woman ranting about women proposing to their partner on 29th Feb being a thing.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I heard on the radio a woman ranting about women proposing to their partner on 29th Feb being a thing."

What was her issue? Was she for or against it?

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I heard on the radio a woman ranting about women proposing to their partner on 29th Feb being a thing.

What was her issue? Was she for or against it?"

Very against it

Post new Message to Thread