Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

FWB couple put off people?

Jump to newest

By *nsatiablegreeneyes OP   Couple
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Does having an exclusive FWB put women off meeting that sort of couple?

Do they like “real” couples if that makes sense?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hubarbandcustard1000Couple
over a year ago

Dudley

"Does having an exclusive FWB put women off meeting that sort of couple?

Do they like “real” couples if that makes sense?"

They tend to be a bit unreliable as one tends to be in a relationship and their partner doesnt know about them being on here. Not saying that's all FWB's. Just my experience.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Hello! Your profile says you are looking for a female to fulfil one of your fantasies ~ that in itself would be enough to put me off.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have found it is mostly "proper" couples that won't play with fwb couples... Dunno if they think that, as they are essentially singles, that they might be some kinda threat to their relationship or sumin... Who knows?!

over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Hello! Your profile says you are looking for a female to fulfil one of your fantasies ~ that in itself would be enough to put me off."

Thanks for the advice,I think we need to re write the profile

over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I have found it is mostly "proper" couples that won't play with fwb couples... Dunno if they think that, as they are essentially singles, that they might be some kinda threat to their relationship or sumin... Who knows?! "

We are both single but have been exclusive to each other for the last 10 months

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I would rather meet an established couple. My experience with fwb couples, when I've joined them, haven't been as good. That's just my experience though x

over a year ago

FWB couples are normally a pain in the arse, can’t meet at weekends, something crops up etc etc

In answer to your question the chances of you meeting a single lady via fab is nearly zero, you’ve got to get out and network at parties and clubs, do your circumstances allow for this?

Plus your text and the fact you are looking for a single girl only will probably put 99% off anyway.

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

Yes, we don't like fwb couples.

By *adeiteWoman
over a year ago

Poole, but up in lincs for a bit

We (husband and myself) wouldn't meet with a fwb couple and I as a lone female wouldn't either.

By *inkycreamCouple
over a year ago

manchester

We avoid the friendly benefit type, really lone rangers or using one to there advantage

over a year ago

We don't especially care for the idea of meeting a FWB couple. Not 100% sure why. It feels like putting your prized collectors car into a pink slip race with someone in a rental. There isn't the same level of sharing involved.

That being said, we aren't 100% against the concept. What we are more against is that our experience of most FWB couples in the last 6-9 months is that they masquerade as a single female profile and then it's only about 5-6 messages in that they subtly drop the first hints that they actually only meet with their FWB. Deception doesn't turn us on I'm afraid.

over a year ago

"Does having an exclusive FWB put women off meeting that sort of couple?

Do they like “real” couples if that makes sense?"

Difficult one - for us there has to be some sort of emotional attachment/relationship. If it turns out the male is just using it to get pussy then we would walk away metaphorically and literally speaking. We prefer couples who are into each-other and not in it to see what the can get from others.

over a year ago

We dont meet fuck buddies.

over a year ago

Never. We meet people not lables.

By *ornographic ArtsCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 18/09/19 03:18:31]

By *ornographic ArtsCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Not so much for us. We've came across married couples who aren't all that interested in each other and only care about sex with someone else. We've met FWBs who really care about each other. It's on an individual basis for us.

Singles latter bringing up the FWB who is off site is an instant deal breaker though.

Oddly we've been getting more and more "single" men say they have a mate (male) who will come to play too but they're not on site

over a year ago

"Oddly we've been getting more and more "single" men say they have a mate (male) who will come to play too but they're not on site"

Same, must be a new tactic play.

over a year ago

We are an FWB couple, we are both single, reliable, can meet weekends or weekdays and are very into each other.

But we both enjoy meeting separately sometimes and have single profiles for that purpose. We are open and honest about this.

When we chat or meet as a couple, we are very much together and enjoy the dynamics.

I am sure this rules us out as a ‘real couple’ to many on here, but luckily not all!

That’s the beauty of Fab for us, so many diverse people living their lives in a way that suits them, having fun

Kx

over a year ago

Portsmouth

"We are an FWB couple, we are both single, reliable, can meet weekends or weekdays and are very into each other.

But we both enjoy meeting separately sometimes and have single profiles for that purpose. We are open and honest about this.

When we chat or meet as a couple, we are very much together and enjoy the dynamics.

I am sure this rules us out as a ‘real couple’ to many on here, but luckily not all!

That’s the beauty of Fab for us, so many diverse people living their lives in a way that suits them, having fun

Kx "

I couldn’t gave written this better myself,sounds like us as a FWB couple x

over a year ago

"We are an FWB couple, we are both single, reliable, can meet weekends or weekdays and are very into each other.

Kx "

Its not the FWB arrangement per-say, it is the intent and purpose of the arrangement really. First a lot of couples and this is from our on experiences want to meet only the female half of a couple ideally. So if you are FWB and have single profiles why not go for the single. The fact you both have single profiles tells people a lot about the arrangement unfortunately.

A lot of FWB have a selfish interest in the arrangement. As a single I used get many requests to try and co-opt me into this scenario to make it easier to meet other females and couples.

For us it is the intent, purpose and dynamics of the pairing will ultimately be the decider.

From my own experiences FWB parings are very one sided

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

Kx "

This is so perfect

Xx

over a year ago

Kx "

Just a note on the thread its not a criticism but an observation, slightly contradictory you call yourself FWB but you also say you "very into each other" if true the I'd say you were more couple than FWB, so couple rules would apply

over a year ago

Kx

Its not the FWB arrangement per-say, it is the intent and purpose of the arrangement really. First a lot of couples and this is from our on experiences want to meet only the female half of a couple ideally. So if you are FWB and have single profiles why not go for the single. The fact you both have single profiles tells people a lot about the arrangement unfortunately.

A lot of FWB have a selfish interest in the arrangement. As a single I used get many requests to try and co-opt me into this scenario to make it easier to meet other females and couples.

For us it is the intent, purpose and dynamics of the pairing will ultimately be the decider.

"

As I said, I know it’s not for everyone and Im glad some here are on the same wavelength as us.

Our arrangement, is that we both enjoy meeting without the other ‘occasionally’.

We spend the majority of our free time together and have met some gorgeous couples together. I would hope none of them feel that the time we spent was one sided. In fact I’d be horrified if they did.

I don't see that as an unfortunate arrangement, but respect your opinion, which I understand has been shaped by your experiences.

We are together as a couple, because we both want to be, not to gain advantages as two singles. I haven’t been co-opted!

Neither of us have ever had problems getting meets as singles.

Ultimately we can, and should, choose wisely, thanks for explaining your perspective x

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I have found it is mostly "proper" couples that won't play with fwb couples... Dunno if they think that, as they are essentially singles, that they might be some kinda threat to their relationship or sumin... Who knows?! "

This is my thinking too.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Oddly we've been getting more and more "single" men say they have a mate (male) who will come to play too but they're not on site

Same, must be a new tactic play."

Yes, had a lot of this too.

over a year ago

Kx

Just a note on the thread its not a criticism but an observation, slightly contradictory you call yourself FWB but you also say you "very into each other" if true the I'd say you were more couple than FWB, so couple rules would apply "

Thank you. That’s a really good point and I’d be interested in the opinions of others on this.

We used the term FWB couple because we don’t live together and wanted to be honest and not mislead people.

We are seen, in the vanilla world, as a couple by family and friends.

So my question is, what constitutes a Fab couple?

over a year ago

Kx

As I said, I know it’s not for everyone and Im glad some here are on the same wavelength as us.

Our arrangement, is that we both enjoy meeting without the other ‘occasionally’.

We spend the majority of our free time together and have met some gorgeous couples together. I would hope none of them feel that the time we spent was one sided. In fact I’d be horrified if they did.

I don't see that as an unfortunate arrangement, but respect your opinion, which I understand has been shaped by your experiences.

We are together as a couple, because we both want to be, not to gain advantages as two singles. I haven’t been co-opted!

Ultimately we can, and should, choose wisely, thanks for explaining your perspective x "

Not any kind of judgement its is simply a reply to your thread in the spirit and context of the OP original ? posed, from our experinces the rationale why people can be put off, thats all.

Another scenario is that a lot of FWBs, one or both may already be in unmentioned relationships off the scene, which a lot will find unacceptable so again would put people of FWBs.

Again these are simply replies in the context and spirit of the original post. Simply reasons for!!

over a year ago

Kx

Ultimately we can, and should, choose wisely, thanks for explaining your perspective x

Not any kind of judgement its is simply a reply to your thread in the spirit and context of the OP original ? posed, from our experinces the rationale why people can be put off, thats all.

Another scenario is that a lot of FWBs, one or both may already be in unmentioned relationships off the scene, which a lot will find unacceptable so again would put people of FWBs.

Again these are simply replies in the context and spirit of the original post. Simply reasons for!!"

Yes I understand that.

We are all shaped by our experiences here.

Thanks x

over a year ago

Kx

Just a note on the thread its not a criticism but an observation, slightly contradictory you call yourself FWB but you also say you "very into each other" if true the I'd say you were more couple than FWB, so couple rules would apply

Thank you. That’s a really good point and I’d be interested in the opinions of others on this.

We used the term FWB couple because we don’t live together and wanted to be honest and not mislead people.

We are seen, in the vanilla world, as a couple by family and friends.

So my question is, what constitutes a Fab couple?

"

I would question that, not living together doesn't determine if you are a couple or FWB. Many couples live apart for many different reasons. finacial, logistical, forces, work over seas, personal

It is simply how you see relationship, is there is a 2 way emotional connection or just purely physical?

We don't live together, but we are 100% couple we only meet as a couple, on the scene as a couple. There are areas of our sexuality we enjoy, but don't need cos we are very content with our own company you may say.

We would no way refer to ourselves as FWBs cos we live apart. We have friends who are FWB to us, but not FWB to themselves.

Post new Message to Thread