Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Natural Eyebrows - Going extinct?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What is wrong with natural eyebrows? When we say natural, we don’t mean out of control caterpillars, but shaped/plucked and controlled? Why are they apparently unfashionable and being replaced by drawn on “efforts”

Do people really think that walking around with the McDonald’s arches painted on is attractive? Do they get free food in return for free advertising? What’s with the look of permanent surprise or shock and even the Mr Spock look? We just don’t get it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

I just see that plucking , shaping or drawing eyebrows is part of taking care of ones look ? Some people like their non existent brows to be defined and dome like their big eyebrows to be made to look less ?

Just a personal preference to them I guess

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

OP, I notice that Missy is clean shaved below. Why is that? Don't you prefer the natural look?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You don't like natural eyebrows at all then, only ones that look how you want them to. That's fair enough, I only like what I like but so do the people that draw their eyebrows on.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

I'll do false nails but I'm not doing the eyebrow thing, looks ridiculous!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have to draw my eyebrows on as I have very little hair there. Eyebrows are so important to frame the face. Preferably I wish I had nice natural eyebrows but I do agree that some take the look way too far. They need to look natural

over a year ago

I don't even pluck mine

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I wax my eyebrows myself to keep them in shape, have done for years. My daughter uses pencil to fill hers but they don't look drawn on, some have them tattoed on. Each to there own I guess.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I wax my eyebrows myself to keep them in shape, have done for years. My daughter uses pencil to fill hers but they don't look drawn on, some have them tattoed on. Each to there own I guess. "

My friend has here tattooed on. They look very nice.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I would have thought natural meant leaving them entirely alone. No plucking or controlling.

To each their own. It's a trend, is all.

I personally fill in the patchy bits of mine with pencil or brow mascara. Frames my face.

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

"I'll do false nails but I'm not doing the eyebrow thing, looks ridiculous!!!"

This

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm on team people can do what they like.

over a year ago

"What is wrong with natural eyebrows? When we say natural, we don’t mean out of control caterpillars, but shaped/plucked and controlled? Why are they apparently unfashionable and being replaced by drawn on “efforts”

Do people really think that walking around with the McDonald’s arches painted on is attractive? Do they get free food in return for free advertising? What’s with the look of permanent surprise or shock and even the Mr Spock look? We just don’t get it. "

Unfortunately due to over plucking back in the 80s, mine won’t grow back fully. I’ve had to resort to pencil or semi permanent tattooing. Oh I wish I had left the caterpillars alone.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Mine are naturally patchy (my brothers are the same so I think it's genetic) so I pluck the stray hairs and fill them in with make up. I don't think they look over the top though I do live in scouseland .

over a year ago

Unfortunately my eyebrows are lighter than my hair colour so you cant see them. However, I don't rub black marker on my face to counteract it. I just shape my eyebrows so you can actually see them.

over a year ago

"OP, I notice that Missy is clean shaved below. Why is that? Don't you prefer the natural look? "

Anyone can do what they want with their body hair. We were talking about extreme eyebrows that look completely unnatural.

over a year ago

"I just see that plucking , shaping or drawing eyebrows is part of taking care of ones look ? Some people like their non existent brows to be defined and dome like their big eyebrows to be made to look less ?

Just a personal preference to them I guess

"

There’s nothing wrong with sculpting, filling, shaping and defining at all, but some of them are so extreme to the point where you think have they lost a bet? A few years ago you’d see extreme eyebrows once or twice every couple of months but now it’s a few times a day.

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

"OP, I notice that Missy is clean shaved below. Why is that? Don't you prefer the natural look?

Anyone can do what they want with their body hair. We were talking about extreme eyebrows that look completely unnatural."

Which is.... Body hair

over a year ago

"I have to draw my eyebrows on as I have very little hair there. Eyebrows are so important to frame the face. Preferably I wish I had nice natural eyebrows but I do agree that some take the look way too far. They need to look natural "

Subtle and enhancing

Extreme

Framing the face is absolutely fine, it’s those who’s eyebrows aren’t just a side show, they are the main attraction, pre show and after party...

over a year ago

"What is wrong with natural eyebrows? When we say natural, we don’t mean out of control caterpillars, but shaped/plucked and controlled? Why are they apparently unfashionable and being replaced by drawn on “efforts”

Do people really think that walking around with the McDonald’s arches painted on is attractive? Do they get free food in return for free advertising? What’s with the look of permanent surprise or shock and even the Mr Spock look? We just don’t get it. "

As long as don't look like a couple of overfed caterpillars I don't mind, although I do prefer a natural look

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Fan of tidied own tbh but do like to be amused by some strange efforts

over a year ago

"You don't like natural eyebrows at all then, only ones that look how you want them to. That's fair enough, I only like what I like but so do the people that draw their eyebrows on."

We like all sorts of eyebrows, drawn on, natural or sculptured/defined. Most of the time you don’t notice people’s eyebrows and see a bigger picture because of (in no particular order) the rest of their face, looks, body shape, fashion style and personality.

We were talking about the extremes some people go to. We aren’t talking subtle we are talking in your face brows that if a caricature artist were to try and exaggerate, your portrayed would just be eyebrows on shoulders...

over a year ago

"OP, I notice that Missy is clean shaved below. Why is that? Don't you prefer the natural look?

Anyone can do what they want with their body hair. We were talking about extreme eyebrows that look completely unnatural.

Which is.... Body hair "

Technically facial hair as it is not on the thorax or abdomen

over a year ago

"

Unfortunately due to over plucking back in the 80s, mine won’t grow back fully. I’ve had to resort to pencil or semi permanent tattooing. Oh I wish I had left the caterpillars alone. "

Yours look great and are a fantastic example of how they can look if done properly x

over a year ago

"

Unfortunately due to over plucking back in the 80s, mine won’t grow back fully. I’ve had to resort to pencil or semi permanent tattooing. Oh I wish I had left the caterpillars alone.

Yours look great and are a fantastic example of how they can look if done properly x"

I wish but thanks anyway. I have to pencil now due to not having a top up with the tattoo for over 5 years. I miss the individual hair strokes.

Post new Message to Thread