Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Read.. then mark as unread.

Jump to newest

By *ondon_mash OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Noticed a nice tactic a lot of women on here make use of recently.. rather then have a message display as read. Or deleted.

They'll read it. Then mark it as unread.

Not everyone does it. But why would you need/want to be deceitful and sly like that?

Not having a go. Just wanna hear others thought on it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ust ClareTV/TS
over a year ago

Settlewick!

They don't want to reply at that particular moment,they may reply later,they may choose to delete it ,but at least they've read it which is something most guys complain never happens

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wouldn't say it was sly.... we do it all the time, sometimes you haven't got time to reply or just can't be bothered at the moment in time.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

They want to come back to it.

It's not personal and aimed at deceiving you.

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I do it to remind me to come back later.

Not deceitful or sly.

Mrs TMN

over a year ago

I can only speak as a couple of course.

One of us will read before the other and mark it as unread until we are both back from work.

Reasoning for this is so the other doesn’t think it’s someone we have decided isn’t for us etc

over a year ago

Deceitful? Sly? Have a word with yourself man. They just don't want to reply, move on, end of.

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"They don't want to reply at that particular moment,they may reply later,they may choose to delete it ,but at least they've read it which is something most guys complain never happens "

That’s exactly the reason

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"Noticed a nice tactic a lot of women on here make use of recently.. rather then have a message display as read. Or deleted.

Not everyone does it. But why would you need/want to be deceitful and sly like that?

"

I do this when I'm not in the mood for a conversation but fancy chatting to them at another time. Nothing sly or deceitful about it.

over a year ago

I do it and there is nothing deceitful or sly about it! If the profile of the sender is of interest (I look at this first) and the message is longer than I can read without opening and a pic attached I will look. I might not have time at all to reply at that time or want to send a well considered reply. I am saving it for later, if I was not at all interested it would be deleted so I guess as I see it read and saved is good.

Why the parinoid thinking OP?

over a year ago

I do it so I don’t lose a message I want to reply to.

It’s not deceitful haha.

If they want to reply they will

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

If one of us reads a message and thinks it's more appropriate for the other to answer it will be marked as unread. Don't see a problem with that.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I do it to remind me to come back later.

Not deceitful or sly.

Mrs TMN "

Yup so do I.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

This is what I do when sorting out my inbox to the messages I actually want to reply to later.

over a year ago

Its not sly or deceitful. If I haven't the time to engage in conversation, as from experience, many assume a response is an invite to instant sex. Surprisingly not everyone is here to be fucked 24/7. I prefer to not be talking to dozens of men, as I would find that more offending, than an unread message.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

"I can only speak as a couple of course.

One of us will read before the other and mark it as unread until we are both back from work.

Reasoning for this is so the other doesn’t think it’s someone we have decided isn’t for us etc "

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Deceitful? Sly? Have a word with yourself man. They just don't want to reply, move on, end of."

^this^

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

We find you get less follow ups if you leave them unread. If you say no thanks, you get asked why, if you read it and delete it, they ask why, if you read it and leave it they send another, if you leave it unread seems to cause less fuss.

over a year ago

"We find you get less follow ups if you leave them unread. If you say no thanks, you get asked why, if you read it and delete it, they ask why, if you read it and leave it they send another, if you leave it unread seems to cause less fuss. "

^and this^

over a year ago

My last 7 mail wasn't even looked at

By *exyCouple999Couple
over a year ago

South Bucks

"Noticed a nice tactic a lot of women on here make use of recently.. rather then have a message display as read. Or deleted.

"

We do ot because we are sly and deceitful. Works for us !

over a year ago

I do it when I haven't got time to reply at that moment but dont want the abusive follow up message accusing me of being ignorant etc because I haven't immediately replied!

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

Wales

I do it so i can have a sneaky look at the message they’ve sent and any pics attached whilst they are offline so i can then reply later when i’ve got more time.

Partially sneaky maybe but meh.

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

Sly and deceitful? Those who come to that conclusion from that and cannot fathom any other reason are those we want to avoid. Sly and deceitful, jeez!

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

We do it when some twat that hasn't read our profile messages us. Then just leave it there to keep em guessing.

By *ust TL nowMan
over a year ago

Durham

I do it so we can answer together or I realise hubby was in conversation with that person x

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I do it just to piss off people like you

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"I do it just to piss off people like you "

over a year ago

"

How is it deceitful and sly?? Its an optioned offered for us to use. I for one like to read a message and reply later when I have had to consider my answer.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I do it just to piss off people like you "

By *inful xWoman
over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

If I do that it means I'm going to consider the message and reply when i have time. That's neither deceitful or sly

over a year ago

I do it because a deleted message everyone knows means not interested. An unread message is, I don't have time to reply to every message, I am not saying a flat no, just not atm.

over a year ago

One of us may read a message but then if both of us need to read to reply then we will mark it as unread and come back to it later....

over a year ago

Why do people think that whoever they send a message to is under an obligation to reply immediately, eventually or even at all? I do understand why some people might use this tactic given how impatient some people can be.

over a year ago

Pretty much what everyone else has said, if i wanted to reply i would click unread to leave it there to reply when i had time, or no one looking over my shoulder.

But if you had messaged me and i see this post I'd probably delete your message now.

By *mJamsCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

I do this when I'm not in the mood for a conversation but fancy chatting to them at another time. Nothing sly or deceitful about it. "

Exactly this

By *ondon_mash OP   Man
over a year ago

London

There's always one passive aggressive bloke trying to take the high road for brownie points. as I said. It didn't bother me. It's was just an observation I shared. So you won't be pissing me off. And I don't need to be having a word with myself.

over a year ago

"There's always one passive aggressive bloke trying to take the high road for brownie points. as I said. It didn't bother me. It's was just an observation I shared. So you won't be pissing me off. And I don't need to be having a word with myself. "

Not passive aggressive at all. Where aggression is concerned, it's all or nothing with me, nothing passive about it.

Brownie points? Bitch please Look who'd having a pop at me, but hasn't uttered a word to the women who said similar things..

It bothered you enough to call people sky and deceitful. Just admit you're wrong.

Or carry on as you are.. no skin off my nose.

By *imeto have funCouple
over a year ago

somewhere near nowhere

I do it a lot ,sometimes it so I can reply later and I haven’t had time and another so as a couple we both get to read them x

By *easidegirlWoman
over a year ago

south shore

I just don't always have the time to reply as I'm off to work or shopping.. Its like bookmarking for later

By *oldyoudown41Man
over a year ago

caledonian

If you have more than 1 message in the same tread you can read the text without opening,

Just got to the previous opened on and read through the script and it will appear)

I always reply but then again I’m not a woman and only get a few texts not hundreds

By *ondon_mash OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"There's always one passive aggressive bloke trying to take the high road for brownie points. as I said. It didn't bother me. It's was just an observation I shared. So you won't be pissing me off. And I don't need to be having a word with myself.

Not passive aggressive at all. Where aggression is concerned, it's all or nothing with me, nothing passive about it.

Brownie points? Bitch please Look who'd having a pop at me, but hasn't uttered a word to the women who said similar things..

It bothered you enough to call people sky and deceitful. Just admit you're wrong.

Or carry on as you are.. no skin off my nose. "

firstly I didn't even address you directly. So how was you to know it was you I was talking about... maybe because you was the only one that came back with a person reply attacking me.

Everyone else gave their feedback without trying to be rude..

Your up in the forums giving it the biggun.. all or nothing when it comes to aggression eh.. lol what a clown. You only got balls when you feel it's safe. I know your type well.

over a year ago

"There's always one passive aggressive bloke trying to take the high road for brownie points. as I said. It didn't bother me. It's was just an observation I shared. So you won't be pissing me off. And I don't need to be having a word with myself.

firstly I didn't even address you directly. So how was you to know it was you I was talking about... maybe because you was the only one that came back with a person reply attacking me.

Your up in the forums giving it the biggun.. all or nothing when it comes to aggression eh.. lol what a clown. You only got balls when you feel it's safe. I know your type well."

you quoted me.. having a word with yourself? Kind of gave it away a bit.

You know nothing about me. Only what I choose to share in here.. which is just a slither of who I really am. You don't even know what sort, trust me.

My balls are firmly attached and swinging freely.

You carry on doing what you do, I'll carry on doing what I do.

Good luck

By *G CoupleCouple
over a year ago

kent

When we get a lot of messages we flick through them, interesting 1's get marked unread so we can bulk delete the read mail.

Nothing sly about it

over a year ago

"I can only speak as a couple of course.

Reasoning for this is so the other doesn’t think it’s someone we have decided isn’t for us etc "

Exactly what we do.

By *ycallMan
over a year ago

Dorking

It’s not just women that do it.

Guilty old me. Lol

By *ain n MableWoman
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

How would you know if it's been read if it says unread?

Bloody hell. Can couple's or single woman not do anything right on here for you single guys?

We get slagged for deleting messages, we get slagged off for not replying to messages. Now we're getting slagged off for not reading messages within your personal timeframe.

Then you moan you don't get any meets. Ffs.

over a year ago

In all honesty I didn't even realize you can mark them as unread lol. But now noted that may explain the few messages from a while ago.

over a year ago

We do it in order to allow the other half to read it as well and to see it's a new message before we answer, as we're usually on line at different times of the day. Once we have both read it we will then answer. It's not sly just easier for us Mr

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Your up in the forums giving it the biggun.. all or nothing when it comes to aggression eh.. lol what a clown. You only got balls when you feel it's safe. I know your type well."

Am i the only one aroused by this?

Post new Message to Thread