Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

What’s the point??

Jump to newest

By *teely Dan OP   Man
over a year ago

cork/dublin

I just spent the last couple of days chatting to the female half of a couple about a meet next week. She contacted me, seems like a very nice person, well verified, she asks for what she wanted, I happily agreed. I have to travel a huge distance to her, no problem to me as I fancy the meet. Day agreed but needed her final confirmation and then she blocks me.

WTF????

Is this a common occurrence as it’s a first for me

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I just spent the last couple of days chatting to the female half of a couple about a meet next week. She contacted me, seems like a very nice person, well verified, she asks for what she wanted, I happily agreed. I have to travel a huge distance to her, no problem to me as I fancy the meet. Day agreed but needed her final confirmation and then she blocks me.

WTF????

Is this a common occurrence as it’s a first for me "

it's what females deal with Daily on this.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I just spent the last couple of days chatting to the female half of a couple about a meet next week. She contacted me, seems like a very nice person, well verified, she asks for what she wanted, I happily agreed. I have to travel a huge distance to her, no problem to me as I fancy the meet. Day agreed but needed her final confirmation and then she blocks me.

WTF????

Yep, it happens alot.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

WTF????

you must be disappointed to say the least but it is

not uncommon. Not much you can do, put it down to experience and move on

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

WTF????

Is this a common occurrence as it’s a first for me it's what females deal with Daily on this. "

I can honestly say I have never had it

over a year ago

WTF????

Is this a common occurrence as it’s a first for me it's what females deal with Daily on this.

I can honestly say I have never had it"

have you not? Is your profile on private

over a year ago

Happened to me as well dude

over a year ago

I feel your pain. I got promised the world and ended up with Peckham. Arrange to meet on my birthday I booked the hotel train ticket got there and nothing tumble

over a year ago

Tumble*

By *nderIwonder.Man
over a year ago

2nd City

[Removed by poster at 11/09/19 01:46:38]

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

This is pretty standard for everyone on FAB regardless of gender or relationship status. Annoying but part of the course. Of course it's perfectly ok to change your mind or get cold feet. Plus I think sometimes people get a better last minute offer and for a lot of people free time is rare and precious. I just find it ashame that people often can't be honest and upfront about changing their minds.

over a year ago

Hi same here found out later that this couple post meet select 6 to 8 guys arrange to meet all of them then decide on the day which ONE they will meet.

Their reason many guys drop out at last minute understand that but what if ALL the 8 guys where genuine!

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Block is a site tool folk use for various reasons.

Maybe she changed her mind.. no point wasting time or energy, delete block move on.

If this is the first time, try and see if there were any signs so you can avoid it happening again.

By *teely Dan OP   Man
over a year ago

cork/dublin

Thanks for your replies, at least I’m not the only one it happens too, I get that the Block button is a basic tool people use, but a basic “sorry it no longer suits” would be basic courtesy? Anyway, onwards and upwards....

over a year ago

Common occurrence some people like the thrill of the chase not the destination beats me why they do it but that's the life of fab. Any long distance meets we always are doing something in the area already not just the fab meet. Mr

By *assage Walsall GentMan
over a year ago

Walsall

Sadly happens.. you prob got all excited, saved that day, kept it free.. etc etc then smack.. BLOCK. Yep, been there myself.

Onwards and upwards mucka

By *J coupleCouple
over a year ago

stone

Never happened to us but are you sure you were being contacted by the female and not the male? My guess is that he was up for it but when he told her she pulled out.

over a year ago

At least you didn’t travel. I was waiting at the meeting place. She never showed, I went to look at her profile.....blocked.

Some people are complete idiots.

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Rock

"Never happened to us but are you sure you were being contacted by the female and not the male? My guess is that he was up for it but when he told her she pulled out. "

A good hint that this may have been the case is if the messages were immediately deleted once read. Not always 100% the case, but very few people do this.

By *teely Dan OP   Man
over a year ago

cork/dublin

It was just the wife I was meeting and the messages were never deleted until they blocked me and I deleted the messages myself. Could have been worse as I could have traveled I suppose. Still poor form though. I read a lot about guys poor behavior on here but I have to say it’s not just us..

over a year ago

There are some strange people on here mate, I had a couple fabbed all my pictures and then blocked me! I've had people talking to me come over all interested and then just stop talking. Just move on mate try not to let it dent your confidence, onwards and upwards

By *teely Dan OP   Man
over a year ago

cork/dublin

"There are some strange people on here mate, I had a couple fabbed all my pictures and then blocked me! I've had people talking to me come over all interested and then just stop talking. Just move on mate try not to let it dent your confidence, onwards and upwards "

Cheers

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Sadly it happens to people alot, but at least you didn't travel there and get stood up.

I can't be doing with meeting like that anymore I just put my energy into going to clubs where I meet real people.. We are stood there in front of each other, we know what each other looks like, our diaries are already aligned as we are in the same room and we can see if it's worth taking it further.

It's no reflection on you that this happened, sadly its fablife

over a year ago

I don’t do long distance meets

Post new Message to Thread