Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

People messaging you despite what is on their profile

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When people specify criteria on their profiles and exclude certain groups or types, how do you feel when they message you if you fall within that?

I have had people message me despite being way outside their age range, who rant about age on their profile. I have had people message me who rant about single men. I have had people message me who exclude gay men but just want straight/ bi (I am bicurious not bisexual, yet).

Do you take it as a compliment, or do you ignore/ send them on their way telling them to stick to their principles? I do the latter, it actually gets my back up to be honest.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I reply politely

over a year ago

Well I just block now

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I'm married and stated it on my profile until recently. I have been contacted by women who don't meet married or attached according to their own profile.

When I asked why the answer is usually that a lady can change her mind?

I've taken it off my profile now since joining the forums as I have been getting abusive pm's mostly from couples.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I once was contacted by someone on another app who's profile specified he didn't meet women over a size 10. I'm a size 12. I tried to politely point this out to him but he responded by saying I "carried it well" and continued trying to pursue me so I don't respond anymore to things like that as I don't really feel comfortable even if they're "willing to make an exception".

over a year ago

I really don't give a bugger

over a year ago

i get this all the time people who know i wont meet them (if they read the profile that is) yet still message me it used to really piss me off but over the last couple of years it a straight block and they stay blocked.

some people think they are just above everything the rest are just wind up merchants or trolls

over a year ago

"I once was contacted by someone on another app who's profile specified he didn't meet women over a size 10. I'm a size 12. I tried to politely point this out to him but he responded by saying I "carried it well" and continued trying to pursue me so I don't respond anymore to things like that as I don't really feel comfortable even if they're "willing to make an exception"."

That was rude of him, glad you sent him on his way

over a year ago

Yeah, We got this when our profile was active (at present it is hidden)

get people messaging and we are out of their criteria.

Common one for myself personally is people wanting a single Bi fem, Yet we are a coupe and I am not Bi in the slightest.

By *hatterley64Couple
over a year ago

Hertford

Yep. Share your sentiment OP. We have a LOT of men messaging us whose profile clearly states they’re only looking for women (often much lower age also). Same ones usually just addressing me (fem) in their message too, which is another pet peeve!

Clearly can’t get a single woman so think they’ll ‘settle’ for half a couple instead!!

No thanks, not with me lol!

over a year ago

Find it a compliment when fab straight men want to suck my cock

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

We usually just delete,unless we are feeling that way out,then they get a sharp reply and block.

Miss

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I block and delete x

over a year ago

I just tell them that they are way to ugly for me and never message me again. I said good looking tall people not tramps

over a year ago

"When people specify criteria on their profiles and exclude certain groups or types, how do you feel when they message you if you fall within that?

I have had people message me despite being way outside their age range, who rant about age on their profile. I have had people message me who rant about single men. I have had people message me who exclude gay men but just want straight/ bi (I am bicurious not bisexual, yet).

Do you take it as a compliment, or do you ignore/ send them on their way telling them to stick to their principles? I do the latter, it actually gets my back up to be honest."

Then why not set your filters so anyone not fitting your requirements can't message you?

over a year ago

"When people specify criteria on their profiles and exclude certain groups or types, how do you feel when they message you if you fall within that?

Do you take it as a compliment, or do you ignore/ send them on their way telling them to stick to their principles? I do the latter, it actually gets my back up to be honest.

Then why not set your filters so anyone not fitting your requirements can't message you?

"

If they lie it won’t stop it!! Jesus

over a year ago

"

I think you are misunderstanding. I get messages from people where I do not fit their requirements according to their profiles, yet they still message me. It annoys me. That is the point.

over a year ago

It really baffles me. If I come across a girls profile who is straight, I don’t think screw it I’ll message her anyway

By *nJ814Couple
over a year ago

And around other parts of the UK

Think ours scares people :-/ Lol. We do state read our profile but it seems that goes unnoticed so we politely decline as they haven't had the respect to read about us.

By *rAngleseyMan
over a year ago

Anglesey

I think you are misunderstanding. I get messages from people where I do not fit their requirements according to their profiles, yet they still message me. It annoys me. That is the point."

Many people Don`t read the profile, They just paste their usual message & move on like an advertising campaign.

By *nJ814Couple
over a year ago

And around other parts of the UK

Disappointing

By *scouple07Couple
over a year ago

louth, Ireland

We reply politely

By *hoot45Man
over a year ago

Ramsgate

I don’t mind hearing from straight guys - some guys have to be very discreet

over a year ago

Doesn’t bother us tbh. At the mo I’m only meeting women as Mr is away with work, but haven’t stopped others being able to contact us, through message filters, as we can chat and arrange something for when he’s back if we all click. Not everyone can do last minute meets so it’s helpful.

A polite “no thank you” suffices for those who aren’t for me/us xx

over a year ago

"I once was contacted by someone on another app who's profile specified he didn't meet women over a size 10. I'm a size 12. I tried to politely point this out to him but he responded by saying I "carried it well" and continued trying to pursue me so I don't respond anymore to things like that as I don't really feel comfortable even if they're "willing to make an exception"."

You have a great figure. Lucky guy that meets you is all I can say x

over a year ago

I had a guy message me recently whose profile had him down as straight but he wanted to meet men (and only photos of him with men). When I replied to say thanks but I am straight, he replied saying he liked to have sex with straight men. I just didn't reply after that. If I get more I'll block but I feel I'm capable of a polite response.

over a year ago

I'd welcome ANY message!

Very very few and far between these days. Probably my age

By *arly StagesCouple
over a year ago

Penwortham

The only time we've really had any instances of this is with profiles that say they won't meet smokers but then get in touch. No pint letting it bother us so just go with the flow.

over a year ago

It’s like any form of social media, people lie and ‘virtue signal’ in public, but the reality is often different!

I tend to find the louder the virtual signal, the more likely they are to do the exact opposite!

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I get an awful lot of messages from men who list BBW as their type/preference.

When I look at their veris, all from ladies who describe themselves as ample or fabulous, and not one over 5'5"

I mean no disrespect to these ladies.

I think you're all amazing.

But it couldn't be more physically opposite.

So do I take it, I'd be a novelty shag?

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"I get an awful lot of messages from men who list BBW as their type/preference.

When I look at their veris, all from ladies who describe themselves as ample or fabulous, and not one over 5'5"

So do I take it, I'd be a novelty shag? "

Having a preference for one thing doesn't exclude you from liking others.

I have a type but there are many ladies outside that description I really fancy. Just as there are ones that match my 'type' that I am not attracted to at all.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/09/19 13:55:35]

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I have a type but there are many ladies outside that description I really fancy. Just as there are ones that match my 'type' that I am not attracted to at all. "

Oh I totally get that.

But I was answering the OP, basically

If someone has something listed on their profile and you don't fit that criteria, how do you feel about them messaging you

If someone specifies they're looking for BBWs, their veris are all from ladies who fall into that demographic, from BBW event organisers.

Then yes, I'm bemused when they messaged me

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

I have a type but there are many ladies outside that description I really fancy. Just as there are ones that match my 'type' that I am not attracted to at all.

Oh I totally get that.

But I was answering the OP, basically

If someone has something listed on their profile and you don't fit that criteria, how do you feel about them messaging you

If someone specifies they're looking for BBWs, their veris are all from ladies who fall into that demographic, from BBW event organisers.

Then yes, I'm bemused when they messaged me

"

Because they like your sexy bum?

Obviously it's not because you match their bbw preference. If someone looking for BBC messaged me I would make sure they are aware mine is neither big (or black) and not give it a second thought.

Post new Message to Thread