Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Quote and reply

Jump to newest

By *r_Jake70 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

More of a gripe I guess, but what are your thoughts about people who quote the entire thread, and then do so again to answer another reply that does the same? It can massively increase the length of threads and makes scrolling through them a bit tedious. I always try and edit the quote to the bit I wish to address or engage with. It doesn’t take long and gives a far cleaner look.

As you were....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

"More of a gripe I guess, but what are your thoughts about people who quote the entire thread, and then do so again to answer another reply that does the same? It can massively increase the length of threads and makes scrolling through them a bit tedious. I always try and edit the quote to the bit I wish to address or engage with. It doesn’t take long and gives a far cleaner look.

As you were...."

It doesn’t bother me, scrolling isn’t exactly exhausting or time consuming. And sometimes threads go off in different directions so it’s helpful to see what points are being responded to.

Lou x

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

It all depends on what mood I’m in!

Mrs x

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

"It all depends on what mood I’m in!

Mrs x "

You missed a chance to make this thread very long.

Lou x

over a year ago

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 01/09/19 13:35:15]

By *r_Jake70 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

" it’s helpful to see what points are being responded to."

That’s exactly my point; a nice neat piece of quote is far easier to address than the whole bloody thing (did you see what I did there?)

over a year ago

Stockport

"More of a gripe I guess, but what are your thoughts about people who quote the entire thread, and then do so again to answer another reply that does the same? It can massively increase the length of threads and makes scrolling through them a bit tedious. I always try and edit the quote to the bit I wish to address or engage with. It doesn’t take long and gives a far cleaner look.

As you were....

It doesn’t bother me, scrolling isn’t exactly exhausting or time consuming. And sometimes threads go off in different directions so it’s helpful to see what points are being responded to.

Lou x "

"It all depends on what mood I’m in!

Mrs x

You missed a chance to make this thread very long.

Lou x "

Lol true

Mrs x

over a year ago

Stockport

" (did you see what I did there?) "

We did!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hate it when other people do it as I find it difficult following who said what. There's been some monster examples recently which is a shame as the threads have been great reading.

However I'm on my phone and when I try and edit I usually mess it up/ delete the wrong bit and just quote the whole 10,000 words.

So I totally understand why other people don't crop long comments either.

By *r_Jake70 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I'm on my phone and when I try and edit I usually mess it up/ delete the wrong bit and just quote the whole 10,000 words.

So I totally understand why other people don't crop long comments either. "

Thanks for your support...

Yes, yes, yes. It’s a bit tricky; I’ve got fatter thumbs than most and a little phone, and appreciate the digital dexterity required. But it’s so worth it.

over a year ago

"...

But it’s so worth it. "

I'll try.

over a year ago

Doesnt bother me.Pedantic people and grammar nazis worse.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It depends on the device I'm using. On my phone its annoying and difficult to edit a quote.

By * Star FilthMan
over a year ago

staplehurst

"I hate it when other people do it as I find it difficult following who said what. There's been some monster examples recently which is a shame as the threads have been great reading.

However I'm on my phone and when I try and edit I usually mess it up/ delete the wrong bit and just quote the whole 10,000 words.

So I totally understand why other people don't crop long comments either. "

Yeah it's easier to scroll and keep I find

over a year ago

Doesn't bother me at all

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

I think the system could do with a bit of an overhaul to make it clearer. Generally I don't find it too bad when people do it.

Post new Message to Thread