By *aterboatman OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere in Hampshire

Why are so many scared of disabilities?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

A lot of fear is due to ignorance. Perhaps you could expand upon what you've encountered here, that would help others to understand, so that they could comment with relevance upon the topic/experiences. Obviously don't indicate anything that would identify anyone else, as this would be against site rules.

There are a lot of fab users who have a range of disabilities, that get discussed in the forum from time to time. Many disabilities are invisible, so may not be appreciated in chat but people experiencing disabilities often perceive them to be an issue that sadly impairs their enjoyment of a fuller engagement in the type of sex life that they want.

By *aterboatman OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere in Hampshire

Thanks for the comments. I don't know why it's such a problem. Maybe it is just me as an individual and not the disability. I've always been brought up to be upfront with people and to embrace who I am. To be treated the same and not labelled

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

To me, it would be important to know what someones disability was before meeting them.

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Disability covers a wide area from people in wheel chairs and people who look normal ..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Disability covers a wide area from people in wheel chairs and people who look normal .."

Define normal please.

I am not sure the OP will be very happy with to be described as " not normal"

over a year ago

"Why are so many scared of disabilities?"

Maybe it is due to not being fully aware of how the disability affects the person in question. Also being afraid of saying the wrong thing and appearing as ignorant.

I'd imagine a lot of people find it easier to avoid it rather than ask questions and try to understand.

Mrs

By *aterboatman OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere in Hampshire

Thank you for your comments. I'm coming back to the island next month and will be looking for meets and socials

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"Disability covers a wide area from people in wheel chairs and people who look normal .."

over a year ago

MrD

I'm not really sure what this post is about? What has happened?

The thing is guys have a really hard time even getting replies let alone meets so depending what has happened its probably more likely you haven't experienced anything different from every other guy.

Feel free to message me (MrD here) for a chat if you like mate

over a year ago

What makes you think people are scared?

over a year ago

People are sometimes afraid of situations they aren't familiar with/saying the wrong thing/doing the wrong thing. Tends to be down to ignorance but I can see how it must me frustrating to feel judged.

By *ougar1966Couple
over a year ago

Newport

Not wanting to jump on the PC bandwagon, I think "not obvious" is better wording than normal...

By *inkycreamCouple
over a year ago

manchester

I’ve had a frame on leg for 8 months just recovering now, puts the mockers on things so can understand people’s frustration, with problems health related and trying hard to have fun with others. But maybe there a better reliable bet and happy to put the effort in.

over a year ago

my gf has motor neurone disease and from walking about to being not able to stand and in a wheelchair and she is in constant pain

over a year ago

You have some fantastic veris and we have chatted ... there are a lot of men on the this site and many are not as successful as you so really I wouldn't worry or blame anything just except that maybe you're not for them and carry on! it's a difficult place!

By *aterboatman OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere in Hampshire

Yes we have chatted before and I think you are lovely and thank you for your comments. I am lucky and shouldn't take things to heart all the time. X

By *aterboatman OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere in Hampshire

Bless her and well done for supporting her when she needs it most. You are an inspiration to others

By *aterboatman OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere in Hampshire

Sometimes it's difficult for people to understand until something happens to them and they experience it for themselves. Hope you are better now

By *aterboatman OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere in Hampshire

Thanks for the PC correction

over a year ago

I do believe the saying is “not every disability is visible”

As someone disabled I’ve not had any problems but I’m always honest from the start about do’s and don’ts.

over a year ago

Lack of understanding by some

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

I still think you need to tell someone before meeting them. I would still but, would like to know first.

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

I would meet someone with a disability if we appeared to click

By *hill44Man
over a year ago

hinckley

Ignorance with most people, it's something that dosnt worry me, treat people how you want to be treated yourself, live & let live

over a year ago

Actually it's inherent in tribal people survival of the fittest etc ... evolving takes a very long time

By *nicorn on wheelsWoman
over a year ago

scotland

I think having a disability visible or not can be difficult in all aspects of life not just the sexual side. But I’m just honest and upfront if the person doesn’t like or it doesn’t suit them then move on. I can’t change things and although sometimes it can be hurtful to find out something I can’t change is the issue but then I think oh well it’s not worth is if they can’t change their perspective of it. Everyone is entitled to likes or dislikes of any kind whether it be appearance personality or otherwise.

over a year ago

What do you mean? Scared in what way?

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Disability covers a wide area from people in wheel chairs and people who look normal ..

Not wanting to jump on the PC bandwagon, I think "not obvious" is better wording than normal... "

I don't know why people are reacting to this sentence. Hidden disabilities are exactly that. People either use obvious aids or use none and look like your normal average Joe, though suffer long standing impediments or degenerative ailments that are not outwardly seen. Anxiety, claustrophobia, ptsd, autisic type ailments to more physical like chronic pain, early cancer, ms.

over a year ago

"Disability covers a wide area from people in wheel chairs and people who look normal ..

Not wanting to jump on the PC bandwagon, I think "not obvious" is better wording than normal... "

In that case I think we say less abled

By *anana JoeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I woudn't say people are scared of them I would go as far as to say thats a little bit insulting to accuse people of that its just that there is a lot of competition on here and it may be easier for them to accommodate someone who is more mobile. People don't meet all sorts of reasons they are not scared of fat people or scared of people of a different race its just who people choose or choose not to meet.

over a year ago

I use this site for no strings hedonistic sex, meeting someone with limitations isn't what I seek on here. If I was seeking a life partner, disability would be part of a relationship, and that disability would not affect my choosing.

over a year ago

From being a baby, my muscles wouldn’t work properly and had to lift weights to get them working. Fast forward to when I was 18, I found out I had a rare form of cancer which took two years to beat. At 20 the cancer treatment I had as a baby was reactivated and couldn’t balance, poor mobility, found out I had a damaged neurological system and I was diagnosed as technically disabled. Took me many years to get to a sense of normality, being able to walk/run and do the things that everyone else does. Getting my sex life back on track has been problematic. The advice given, pay for sex to get more experience and wing it. When i bring this up to people, they go into mental shutdown mode, completely turned off. I cannot to this day carry cup of tea/coffee. I have to concentrate when crossing a wide road, sometimes my balance can go a bit off if the spaces are too wide. I’ll do the social scene and see what happens. Either people accept me or they don’t. I’ve learnt to tone down the explanation in any profiles I do, turns people off.

By *arnsleycpl4uCouple
over a year ago

Barnsley

My husband had a disability he has a stoma it broke his heart and we been swinging for years he just not bothered anymore feels ashamed of it and his sex drive as gone down hill so please consider other people feeling plz xx

over a year ago

Am partially sighted so not noticiable. I sometimes have to ask my meets to warn me of steps and other obsticles,mainly if its a late meet and dark. I always carry a torch.

By *ilkand2Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

Tbf you seem to be doing well for yourself with ur 25 veris. Keep up the good work

over a year ago

I had a cancer related disability that affected my mobility/balance after I was 18. The cancer re-activated a problem I had as a baby where my muscles didn’t work properly and had to do weights to get them to work. I had the condition for years. Although it is is what is referred as a technical or temporary disability, it never gets old when I have to explain the thing with the balance and you can see the panic in people’s faces not knowing what to say or react. There is a lot more people on fab than you realise with disabilities. I can’t carry cups due to neurological aftereffect. I find some people on Fab do switch off about disabilities sometimes though. Shame. I wish Fab was more open having more people with disabilities on here. Unless they wouldn’t come on here, feeling they would be ignored.

By *oldenBalls50Man
over a year ago

chelmsford

Hi guys

I’m profoundly deaf and also got mild form of CP.

I’ve been in swinging seen for few months now and I’ve met some lovely people and horrible people.

I was in a “club” few weeks ago and there are some people willing to talk to you and some not!! Unfortunately there was three couples that I saw who were very rude and make fun of me, unfortunately I can lip read what they said and it goes like this “how this spastic bloke fuck a lady like that” and other person said “not fucking deaf cunt”

On that day I’m was furious and how clubs let people people so small minded go there!!

For few months now I never get a chance to met and have fun !! This experience left me thinking why I’m going

As I’m just normal as everyone else … I don’t need negative people and so as you guys, what inside your soul that count so !! Keep going to club and tell them I’m proud of my disability and you are normal like everyone else

over a year ago

"Hi guys

I’m profoundly deaf and also got mild form of CP.

I’ve been in swinging seen for few months now and I’ve met some lovely people and horrible people.

I was in a “club” few weeks ago and there are some people willing to talk to you and some not!! Unfortunately there was three couples that I saw who were very rude and make fun of me, unfortunately I can lip read what they said and it goes like this “how this spastic bloke fuck a lady like that” and other person said “not fucking deaf cunt”

On that day I’m was furious and how clubs let people people so small minded go there!!

For few months now I never get a chance to met and have fun !! This experience left me thinking why I’m going

As I’m just normal as everyone else … I don’t need negative people and so as you guys, what inside your soul that count so !! Keep going to club and tell them I’m proud of my disability and you are normal like everyone else "

I wouldn’t take it personally.

Disabled or not single guys are just cash cows to clubs and get treated like shit.

By *ood girl2010Couple
over a year ago

crewe

"my gf has motor neurone disease and from walking about to being not able to stand and in a wheelchair and she is in constant pain "

Hi all I have MS over the years it got worse. The pain most day hurts and it's getting to the stage were my bf can't pull my hair and that.

And I know over the next few years I might not walk.

So people with a condition I call it should get involved more and chat meet up for your fun it's not all about the sex

Post new Message to Thread