Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

What makes us swing

Jump to newest

By *hitesteel OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

I am sure this is a question that has popped up before but what makes us swing or swingers. After all we are a very small group in society. Obviously we have a very high sex drive and sex occupies our minds quiet often . So i am relatively new to the swinging scene and i must say i am enjoying it so far. .. I don't know about anyone else here but I keep my fab life private. None of my friends outside of fab know I am into this! In my short time here I have come across swingers on all sides of the scales. Some messed up. Some not so.

I wouold be interested to find out what makes us who we are

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you’re not in a relationship/married, it’s not swinging: it’s casual sex. Those that properly swing, I imagine do so to add some excitement back into their sex lives.

Personally, I find it to be a healthy activity within a relationship. It’s refreshing to have honesty, opposed to the usual adulterous affairs that come with most relationships.

over a year ago

"If you’re not in a relationship/married, it’s not swinging: it’s casual sex. Those that properly swing, I imagine do so to add some excitement back into their sex lives.

Personally, I find it to be a healthy activity within a relationship. It’s refreshing to have honesty, opposed to the usual adulterous affairs that come with most relationships. "

Is that honestly what you think?

That couples swing because their sex life is dull?

Have you ever done it as part of a couple?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think everyone has their own motives for swinging. For us it's just a fun activity like any other hobby. It doesn't occupy too much of our time or thoughts and we don't rationalise or justify what we do.

over a year ago

I think trying to define swinging nowadays is just semantics. It's about people who enjoy sex not just with one partner. They may or may not be married or in a relationship. It's casual whatever the combination.

I do it to learn more about myself and sex. The body is amazing and there's always more to learn. You're more likely to learn from meeting different people. And it's a lot of fun!

By *iscreet gent2018Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

In a couple I think it’s because there is an enormous element of trust and you’re part of a pair that have a very exciting sex life already. You are both extremely comfortable with each other and deeply in love, which allows you both to talk about and live out fantasies.

By *_Yeah19Couple
over a year ago

Lincoln

"If you’re not in a relationship/married, it’s not swinging: it’s casual sex. Those that properly swing, I imagine do so to add some excitement back into their sex lives.

Personally, I find it to be a healthy activity within a relationship. It’s refreshing to have honesty, opposed to the usual adulterous affairs that come with most relationships. "

No added excitement needed here, we are awesome together and have everything we need in each other. We just do it because it’s fun!

By *igJandTheBlondeCouple
over a year ago

Kings Hill

We don’t have a full sex life together, that’s for sure. It would simply be unfair for all those other people to miss out on us

We like to share, it’s fun to do together

over a year ago

Someone once told me its greed that does and I guess it is for many though not all.

By *neamigoMan
over a year ago

should read 58… mistake with my age , cannot change it

It’s fun and exciting... being watched and watching

over a year ago

"It’s fun and exciting... being watched and watching "

That’s what I love when part of a couple swinging. It’s such a turn on and fun.

By *ornyhornytwoCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

Lots of reasons. Obviously improves our relationship and you can try more things than you can in a couple. She likes girls too.... And obviously a massive part of it is the social reasons. People just generally are a lot more friendly and sociable, nobody speaks in a pub but in a club you can have a conversation with anyone x

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

We are still very much in love after 15 years together, but we both need sex with other people occasionally, both the opposite and same sex. We started swinging soon after the start of our relationship, and found it a great way to meet our needs without deceit or stress. A lot of people would find that very odd but there are also a lot of people like us!

over a year ago

As an ‘improper’ swinger (don’t you love people who try to make things exclusive to their view of the universe?), I enjoy sex with more than one other, adventurous sex, sex in many different flavours and colours. I very much enjoy the social aspects of swinging, this is one of the things I miss most when I take breaks from fab. And I get to meet interesting, creative, odd people that I wouldn’t otherwise get to meet.

It’s not casual fucking for me. I’d NEVER pick someone up in a bar. Fab enables me to carefully choose playmates, plan scenarios, invite others along, go to parties, attend club events. None of that stuff would result from a casual hook up in a bar.

By *ungle_kingMan
over a year ago

Nuneaton

An intresting question. If you asked 50 people I'm sure most would all have different reasons. Doesn't make them right or wrong but I enjoy the chatting to meets about why they are here, who mentioned it first etc.

Couples have much more to loose than singles, the first time playing is the ultimate turn on or the ultimate nightmare I suspect.

By *urveLurverMan
over a year ago

Skyview

Relentless rejection is such a thrill.

over a year ago

Greed.. It is a human trait...

By *urreySunSeekersCouple
over a year ago

Camberley

"I think everyone has their own motives for swinging. For us it's just a fun activity like any other hobby. It doesn't occupy too much of our time or thoughts and we don't rationalise or justify what we do. "

We are with you. Don’t over analyse the situation because it does not have to be rational. It’s just fun in its purest and most honest way. We do it because we like it.

By *AABMan
over a year ago

Not far

Personally, I find it to be a healthy activity within a relationship. It’s refreshing to have honesty, opposed to the usual adulterous affairs that come with most relationships.

As an ‘improper’ swinger (don’t you love people who try to make things exclusive to their view of the universe?), I enjoy sex with more than one other, adventurous sex, sex in many different flavours and colours. I very much enjoy the social aspects of swinging, this is one of the things I miss most when I take breaks from fab. And I get to meet interesting, creative, odd people that I wouldn’t otherwise get to meet.

It’s not casual fucking for me. I’d NEVER pick someone up in a bar. Fab enables me to carefully choose playmates, plan scenarios, invite others along, go to parties, attend club events. None of that stuff would result from a casual hook up in a bar.

"

By *axwellCouple
over a year ago

south lakes

"I think everyone has their own motives for swinging. For us it's just a fun activity like any other hobby. It doesn't occupy too much of our time or thoughts and we don't rationalise or justify what we do.

We are with you. Don’t over analyse the situation because it does not have to be rational. It’s just fun in its purest and most honest way. We do it because we like it.

"

over a year ago

Have you ever done it as part of a couple?"

I had never claimed that their sex life was dull. You did though...

over a year ago

No added excitement needed here, we are awesome together and have everything we need in each other. We just do it because it’s fun!"

You just used differing terms to describe the exact thing that I had said. The term fun and excitement describe the exact same thing. I never claimed that swingers were merely doing so out of boredom with each other.

over a year ago

Most of us are here because it's a lifestyle choice and it's a blast.

over a year ago

"

Again, you're applying your own interpretation to a word that has a definition that applies exactly to what you just said. You're in essence agreeing with me, though you assume that I mean something else, due to a prejudice you hold on the word 'casual'. The word casual has nothing to do with bar hook ups or one night stands, a fwb situation is in essence also 'casual'.

You cannot be a swinger if you're not a part of a couple, as the term swinging means the swapping of partners. The same activity is done i.e. sex; the difference is it's casual sex and not swinging by definition (though swinging is in itself casual sex also, as it's not confined to a relationship).

I really dislike it when people try and accuse me of things. Please learn the meanings of words before you contradict yourself and accuse me of things in which were never intended. I was very clear in my post...

over a year ago

I don't think it's obvious that swingers have a very high sex drive.

Many of them claim not to be here for the sex

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I completely disagree with almost everything you've said.

Singles can be swingers, ask the whole group of us that go to clubs, events, parties etc. We engage in group sex with each other, with other people in clubs and are fully active in the lifestyle.

To your other point about couples, most couples I know that swing have amazing sex with each other but enjoy inviting others in just because they can and it's fun.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

Again, you're applying your own interpretation to a word that has a definition that applies exactly to what you just said. You're in essence agreeing with me, though you assume that I mean something else, due to a prejudice you hold on the word 'casual'. The word casual has nothing to do with bar hook ups or one night stands, a fwb situation is in essence also 'casual'.

You cannot be a swinger if you're not a part of a couple, as the term swinging means the swapping of partners. The same activity is done i.e. sex; the difference is it's casual sex and not swinging by definition (though swinging is in itself casual sex also, as it's not confined to a relationship).

I really dislike it when people try and accuse me of things. Please learn the meanings of words before you contradict yourself and accuse me of things in which were never intended. I was very clear in my post..."

But swinging has evolved, so too must the definition.

over a year ago

Me - because I enjoy it, I'm technically single and I like sex. I have a great FWB and we enjoy having adventures and experiences. I'm very lucky. I realise that.

over a year ago

I really dislike it when people try and accuse me of things. Please learn the meanings of words before you contradict yourself and accuse me of things in which were never intended. I was very clear in my post...

But swinging has evolved, so too must the definition."

The definition was never ever that definitive ... there's always been some elasticity to the term. It's hardly worth arguing about really.

And it's not clear cut. If one half of a couple meets someone for sex are they swinging? If a couple meet one other person is only the couple swinging while the single person is just engaging in casual sex? Who cares?!

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

The definition was never ever that definitive ... there's always been some elasticity to the term. It's hardly worth arguing about really.

And it's not clear cut. If one half of a couple meets someone for sex are they swinging? If a couple meet one other person is only the couple swinging while the single person is just engaging in casual sex? Who cares?!"

That was my point, swinging is an evolving lifestyle so the definition is always going to be changing and will vary from one person to the next.

over a year ago

And it's not clear cut. If one half of a couple meets someone for sex are they swinging? If a couple meet one other person is only the couple swinging while the single person is just engaging in casual sex? Who cares?!

That was my point, swinging is an evolving lifestyle so the definition is always going to be changing and will vary from one person to the next."

Yep, I was agreeing with you ...

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

That was my point, swinging is an evolving lifestyle so the definition is always going to be changing and will vary from one person to the next.

Yep, I was agreeing with you ... "

It doesn't happen often do it shocked me!

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

Yep, I was agreeing with you ...

It doesn't happen often do it shocked me! "

So, not do

By *ensual EroticismCouple
over a year ago

durham

By *ensual EroticismCouple
over a year ago

durham

By *uthLessKnickersCouple
over a year ago

Cornwall/Devon

We swing because we both like variety. Also it’s the absolute expression of trust between us.

over a year ago

But swinging has evolved, so too must the definition."

You are entering the lifestyle of the swinger, to become an extra appendage, you, yourself are not a swinger. You live in their world, though you are not a swinger. This is the problem with todays world, people keep trying to change and pervert the meaning of words.

To the above comment, I had never said any of what you have mentioned. The sex between those in the couple is merely heightened when they're allowed to explore other avenues. If they were both forced to only be with each other for the rest of their lives, it would become stale. The act of swinging helps keep the kink alive, which I had mentioned also, though in an abridged way.

over a year ago

I had never claimed that their sex life was dull. You did though..."

I suggest you read your post again

over a year ago

I had never claimed that their sex life was dull. You did though...

I suggest you read your post again"

I suggest that you do also....

I have no idea what you need explained. If you wish to tell me what you're alluding to, I may be able to explain for you.

By *hitesteel OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

"Most of us are here because it's a lifestyle choice and it's a blast. "

I agree but look at some of the replies... Why the thumbs?Everyone has there opinions if you don't agree with it fine but come on we are lovers not fighters...

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

You are entering the lifestyle of the swinger, to become an extra appendage, you, yourself are not a swinger. You live in their world, though you are not a swinger. This is the problem with todays world, people keep trying to change and pervert the meaning of words.

To the above comment, I had never said any of what you have mentioned. The sex between those in the couple is merely heightened when they're allowed to explore other avenues. If they were both forced to only be with each other for the rest of their lives, it would become stale. The act of swinging helps keep the kink alive, which I had mentioned also, though in an abridged way."

What gives you the right to dictate what I am or am not? I'm not here to be an 'appendage'.

Have you ever realised that the problem in the world is the people that refuse to evolve and acknowledge change?

Swinging is so far from the 'keys in the bowl' that it used to be. It has so many differences to that. Do not use your own narrow-mindedness and refusal to bring yourself into the 21st century to tell me what I am or am not.

By *greygorCouple
over a year ago

birmingham

this is male half .[only as i been in this life style for many years ]at its conception in the early 70s it was couples [m f] middle class weekend pass time .no gay men or open lesbian females .and you swaped wives.has changed over the years as in bi gay people welcomed into the life style .biggest change the clubs did not exsist .now many fine ones that offer every thing .but the values that started it all years ago remain the same to have a full fun exotic time sexually with the person that you love and respect .no cheating required .many straights get devorced because of adultery .we call it swinging and enjoy it .if it stops being fun for you both STOP

over a year ago

To the above comment, I had never said any of what you have mentioned. The sex between those in the couple is merely heightened when they're allowed to explore other avenues. If they were both forced to only be with each other for the rest of their lives, it would become stale. The act of swinging helps keep the kink alive, which I had mentioned also, though in an abridged way.

What gives you the right to dictate what I am or am not? I'm not here to be an 'appendage'.

Have you ever realised that the problem in the world is the people that refuse to evolve and acknowledge change?

Swinging is so far from the 'keys in the bowl' that it used to be. It has so many differences to that. Do not use your own narrow-mindedness and refusal to bring yourself into the 21st century to tell me what I am or am not. "

Swinging is about sharing partners. That is what the term means. That is why the majority on here, are couples. You can try and apply your own definitions if you wish, why I do not know. You may feel that "swinging" feels less "sluttish" than "casual" though, you are not swinging, as you are sharing nothing yourself as a singleton.

I mean, why not change the definition of the word gay to actually mean straight? Red to mean orange and racist to mean aeroplane? You're a snowflake that dislikes reality, thus tries to create your own. I was never attempting to offend anyone, though your stupidity would offend yourself if you had any kind of intelligence to understand what you were saying. The use of language is the most important thing humanity has, yet individuals such as yourself keep attempting to twist things to fit into boxes.

You're looking for casual sex, as am I, as a single male. I really don't understand why you wish to have the term 'swinger' applied to yourself so much. I suggest that you grow up and accept that not everything can be what you wish them to be.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

Swinging is so far from the 'keys in the bowl' that it used to be. It has so many differences to that. Do not use your own narrow-mindedness and refusal to bring yourself into the 21st century to tell me what I am or am not.

Swinging is about sharing partners. That is what the term means. That is why the majority on here, are couples. You can try and apply your own definitions if you wish, why I do not know. You may feel that "swinging" feels less "sluttish" than "casual" though, you are not swinging, as you are sharing nothing yourself as a singleton.

I mean, why not change the definition of the word gay to actually mean straight? Red to mean orange and racist to mean aeroplane? You're a snowflake that dislikes reality, thus tries to create your own. I was never attempting to offend anyone, though your stupidity would offend yourself if you had any kind of intelligence to understand what you were saying. The use of language is the most important thing humanity has, yet individuals such as yourself keep attempting to twist things to fit into boxes.

You're looking for casual sex, as am I, as a single male. I really don't understand why you wish to have the term 'swinger' applied to yourself so much. I suggest that you grow up and accept that not everything can be what you wish them to be."

Wow, you really are a pleasant fellow. Carry on throwing insults around because someone calls you out on your nonsense.

over a year ago

You're looking for casual sex, as am I, as a single male. I really don't understand why you wish to have the term 'swinger' applied to yourself so much. I suggest that you grow up and accept that not everything can be what you wish them to be.

Wow, you really are a pleasant fellow. Carry on throwing insults around because someone calls you out on your nonsense. "

I hardly insulted you. If you feel that I have, then I was merely correct in my assumption that you lack the understanding and meaning of words.

over a year ago

Wow, you really are a pleasant fellow. Carry on throwing insults around because someone calls you out on your nonsense. "

I should be the one claiming to be offended. Due to the fact that you attempted to find a differing/abusive meaning in each of my posts, that was not there.

I don’t need apologies though

over a year ago

I think Byron, tbh, you’re coming across as badly in need of a shag.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I think Byron, tbh, you’re coming across as badly in need of a shag. "

over a year ago

"I think Byron, tbh, you’re coming across as badly in need of a shag. "

If that were the case, would I be trying to prove a point with a female on a swinging forum?

I can assure you that I have most likely slept with more females than you’d ever wish to; and more men than you ever have.

I’m kind of a big deal.

over a year ago

"I think Byron, tbh, you’re coming across as badly in need of a shag.

If that were the case, would I be trying to prove a point with a female on a swinging forum?

I can assure you that I have most likely slept with more females than you’d ever wish to; and more men than you ever have.

I’m kind of a big deal. "

Sputter.

You have made my night. Thank you!

over a year ago

I’m kind of a big deal.

Sputter.

You have made my night. Thank you!"

Glad to have obliged

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I’m kind of a big deal. "

Of course.

over a year ago

For fun.

over a year ago

Meeting different people to the usual crowd and having sex for fun.

That’s what I think swinging is all about. It works for me.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

It’s fun and very naughty

over a year ago

Excitement, lets you know you are alive

over a year ago

It’s just something extra when we want it to add to something already great

By *mmaAndDavidHornyFuckersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

We wanted to push our own boundaries meet some nice people and see what happens x

over a year ago

Everybody is different....and I am sure a few tell the odd lie in order not to hurt feelings (maybe) however for us....or me should I say, after 20 years together , I am bored with my hubbies cock! we have swung off and on for years but now....Im honest with him and he loves it! I prefer bigger cock, better sex and lots of variety.... I do though love him more than anything, strange for some im sure, but we are happier now as hotwife / cuck than ever before

Post new Message to Thread