Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Political correctness now extending to the bedroom

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has political correctness gone too far? I have seen a lot change in a short space of time. I am all for equality but am seeing worrying signs now.

Although I have not had it on Fab yet (I do not think they could get away with it on here thankfully), I have received serious levels of abuse, threats and lectures on other sites and apps as I have a preference for white lovers and dates.

I am not rude about it, I just have a preference for white and certain looks of white and nationalities. I cannot be forced to go to bed with people I am not attracted to.

Likewise I would not expect a straight man to be forced to go with a man, or a teenager with a 90 year old etc etc etc.

This development of abuse has started only last 5 years or so. Extending political correctness to who you go to bed with is the final straw and playing with fire. I know it has had the opposite effect on me than what the culprits were hoping, it has made me angrier and cementing bad impressions.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Has political correctness gone too far? I have seen a lot change in a short space of time. I am all for equality but am seeing worrying signs now.

Although I have not had it on Fab yet (I do not think they could get away with it on here thankfully), I have received serious levels of abuse, threats and lectures on other sites and apps as I have a preference for white lovers and dates.

I am not rude about it, I just have a preference for white and certain looks of white and nationalities. I cannot be forced to go to bed with people I am not attracted to.

Likewise I would not expect a straight man to be forced to go with a man, or a teenager with a 90 year old etc etc etc.

This development of abuse has started only last 5 years or so. Extending political correctness to who you go to bed with is the final straw and playing with fire. I know it has had the opposite effect on me than what the culprits were hoping, it has made me angrier and cementing bad impressions.

"

I agree that having preferences should not result in abuse of anyone, you cannot create chemistry where there is none. I suffer equally in that if I declare myself as bi then all men think they can have me without even knowing my first name let alone my preferences, I am also rejected by women who think all bi and gay men do anal, it is simply not true! After all most women aren't offended if you ask them to do anal as most straight couples do! Stay lucky mate, there are some good people out that make it all worthwhile.

over a year ago

Bi guys do get stereotyping from both straight and gay people which is a shame. I noticed this since I developed bicuriosity. Some bi fit the stereotypes but not all, so cannot blanket sweep

By *ittleKinksCouple
over a year ago

Reading

You have the freedom to want only white women. Others have the freedom to have an issue with it.

That's what freedom is, being able to offend other people, with in reason.

As long as you are not preventing someone from enjoying Thier human rights or hurting them, then most things are fine. Not being offended is not a human right.

Personally I love variation and would happily play with any size age or colour woman under the sun :D it's all about the personality for me. More for me

over a year ago

You have every right to be clear on what you do and don’t want... especially on sites where it is relevant.

Your individual preferences are your own.

Abusive, ignorance is a reflection of their own characters (or lack of) ....

over a year ago

Sorry to be clear it is on apps for gay and bi men, I guess it is not happening to the same degree on straighter sites yet? I am gay but bicurious for women to be clear

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There is no political correctness law, though there are laws upon equality, service provision and other aspects of life. Generally my perception is that if people are respectful of all, showing your preferences isn't an issue - but service providers may take a view, based on the many different legislative states that they provide service within. We each elect the people who serve us, usually with an outline understanding of the laws that they will enact, or would remove, if elected to power. Most political correctness jibes are aimed by bigots, against restrictions that they see as preventing them continuing to be abusive to others that they dislike, though the Op and his situation doesn't seem to fall into this category, as described at all.

I think it's better to define specifically what it is that is restrictive, rather than a catch-all phrase, so that perspectives can be moved away from areas that usually relate to inappropriate behaviour.

over a year ago

Personally this reads as a poorly conceived rant against political correctness with the weakest of links between your sexual preferences, the abuse you claim to get and political correctness3

over a year ago

"Personally this reads as a poorly conceived rant against political correctness with the weakest of links between your sexual preferences, the abuse you claim to get and political correctness3"

I was waiting for someone like you to turn up. I have screenshots of it, often leaves people like you in a stunned silence. It is thanks to people like you that people like me suffer the consequences of your militant PC push

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't think political correctness has gone too far but I do think that some people take it too far.

I also think that some people express their preferences in such a way as to antagonise the people that are just waiting to jump on any passing bandwagon.

We never explain or justify our preferences, either people get it or they don't

Any abuse or threats we receive on line are reported to the site it's from and the person blocked.

over a year ago

"Personally this reads as a poorly conceived rant against political correctness with the weakest of links between your sexual preferences, the abuse you claim to get and political correctness3

I was waiting for someone like you to turn up. I have screenshots of it, often leaves people like you in a stunned silence. It is thanks to people like you that people like me suffer the consequences of your militant PC push "

What I also started to post but decided against was that in my experience there is a reason some people get abuse yet others expressing the same preference don't. And that reason is often the way a preference is expressed.

I guess when people seek out confrontation they often find it

over a year ago

"I don't think political correctness has gone too far but I do think that some people take it too far.

I also think that some people express their preferences in such a way as to antagonise the people that are just waiting to jump on any passing bandwagon.

We never explain or justify our preferences, either people get it or they don't

Any abuse or threats we receive on line are reported to the site it's from and the person blocked. "

Yes nicely put

Just to be clear I am not rude about any race or nationality on my profiles on other sites, I simply state my preference in what looking for. It has not stopped men threatening to smash my teeth in or cut my face though. Yes that is how bad it is and I have screenshots.

Post new Message to Thread