Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Agree or disagree?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hate to say it, but hugely agree.

Not entirely sure that the majority of users are actually swingers either to be frank. They do things tangentially related to swinging, in line with some elements, but for a large number of profiles what they actually do bears no real resemblance to swinging

over a year ago

Of course it is. But that doesn't mean it's members are superficial

over a year ago

Dunno. I just make it work for me.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Define superficial, because it works for us.

We enjoy it, so if it’s superficial, we must be.

over a year ago

"Agree or disagree? "

Superficial in what way?

over a year ago

"Hate to say it, but hugely agree.

Not entirely sure that the majority of users are actually swingers either to be frank. They do things tangentially related to swinging, in line with some elements, but for a large number of profiles what they actually do bears no real resemblance to swinging"

That's because alot of people forget fab is called FAB for a reason...Friend And Benefits. Once folk realise that, they'll realise that no one is wasting anyone's time by using this site differently to actual swingers.

over a year ago

Depends on the user

over a year ago

It may be, but any site that offers you the ability to hook-up with anyone, anytime, is going to attract people of all sorts.

I enjoy meeting people and getting to know them, but...also having sex

over a year ago

I think the women on fab are

but thats their right and they have more to choose from

on the other hand I don't think most of the men are they will go with anyone even guys or tv/ts and claim to still be straight

I never get messages from women but guys seem to message me

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Not entirely sure that the majority of users are actually swingers either to be frank. They do things tangentially related to swinging, in line with some elements, but for a large number of profiles what they actually do bears no real resemblance to swinging

That's because alot of people forget fab is called FAB for a reason...Friend And Benefits. Once folk realise that, they'll realise that no one is wasting anyone's time by using this site differently to actual swingers."

??

I’ve always wondered what ‘real swingers’ are ? I mean surely swinging is about fun and no one should feel pressured that the way they want to enjoy nsa fun is not deemed to be the right way ?

over a year ago

That's because alot of people forget fab is called FAB for a reason...Friend And Benefits. Once folk realise that, they'll realise that no one is wasting anyone's time by using this site differently to actual swingers."

Where does it say that's what 'fab' means on here?

By *.H.SMan
over a year ago

London

Expression I heard was punching above there weight lol

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Agree or disagree? "

Agree wholeheartedly - exactly how I like it.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

100% agree .

Swinging for us always was and always will be a very superficial hobby .

Once it becomes more than this the problems start .

over a year ago

That's because alot of people forget fab is called FAB for a reason...Friend And Benefits. Once folk realise that, they'll realise that no one is wasting anyone's time by using this site differently to actual swingers.

??

I’ve always wondered what ‘real swingers’ are ? I mean surely swinging is about fun and no one should feel pressured that the way they want to enjoy nsa fun is not deemed to be the right way ? "

Well I agree that noone should be pressured about the sex they have. Swinging however does have some fairly roughly defined definitions that a large number of profiles on here don't actually meet. That's not to say they should be stopped but nor should they pass off what they do as swinging.

The majority of these are definitely the female profiles, though men probably do it as well. Most are single profiles (of either gender) exclusively seeking other singles. This isn't swinging, it's just Tinder with a less modern interface.

As always, the maxim "you do you" applies here, not going to suggest we get our pitchforks out. But I stand by my statement, that's not swinging.

over a year ago

"Agree or disagree?

Superficial in what way?"

Based totally on looks, which it is. At least to start with, anyone who says different is talking shite.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I think it's super.. that's official

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

??

I’ve always wondered what ‘real swingers’ are ? I mean surely swinging is about fun and no one should feel pressured that the way they want to enjoy nsa fun is not deemed to be the right way ?

Well I agree that noone should be pressured about the sex they have. Swinging however does have some fairly roughly defined definitions that a large number of profiles on here don't actually meet. That's not to say they should be stopped but nor should they pass off what they do as swinging.

The majority of these are definitely the female profiles, though men probably do it as well. Most are single profiles (of either gender) exclusively seeking other singles. This isn't swinging, it's just Tinder with a less modern interface.

As always, the maxim "you do you" applies here, not going to suggest we get our pitchforks out. But I stand by my statement, that's not swinging. "

See I see it slightly differently

I think yes that was the definition way back in the day but as time has moved on so has peoples views on sex and monogamy and no strings

I’m in a couple , threesomes are my top thing but I’m told I’m not a ‘real swinger’ because I don’t like random group play cos I’m fussy

By definition swinging of throwing keys into a bowl would horrify me but that’s exactly how it was seen

Times change and I like to embrace it

By *halMan
over a year ago

North West

Life is superficial so why is fab any different!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

everyone is superficial so why should this place be any different....

everyone has something or i would call them a fibber!

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

??

As always, the maxim "you do you" applies here, not going to suggest we get our pitchforks out. But I stand by my statement, that's not swinging.

See I see it slightly differently

I think yes that was the definition way back in the day but as time has moved on so has peoples views on sex and monogamy and no strings

I’m in a couple , threesomes are my top thing but I’m told I’m not a ‘real swinger’ because I don’t like random group play cos I’m fussy

By definition swinging of throwing keys into a bowl would horrify me but that’s exactly how it was seen

Times change and I like to embrace it "

Agreed, I don't think any one person can truly define swinging.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

??

As always, the maxim "you do you" applies here, not going to suggest we get our pitchforks out. But I stand by my statement, that's not swinging. "

What do you think swinging should be?

over a year ago

I've been doing this long enough not to confuse Fab life with 'real' life. Fab is a 'throwaway' place. I've seen friendships bust apart and people just disappear from here. So I don't confuse my real friends with people on here. Most of whom are lovely.

over a year ago

What’s a real swinger? Have no clue, but swinging is about sharing mutual sexual fun with others, simple as that.....

And lots of people are here for reasons other than swinging, ranging from promoting club nights to seeking love which is fine and good as long as it’s clear.

By *.H.SMan
over a year ago

London

Spot on real talk!!

over a year ago

It’s largely a very harsh place - worse than real life in many ways

over a year ago

??

What do you think swinging should be? "

It may just be my own personal beliefs on the matter and the previous poster made some good points. For me swinging is about multiplicity and this actually ties in with a discussion myself and L had recently where I said I was somewhat disenchanted with couples meets. This isn't to say that we have had bad meets, far from it the people we have met have been awesome, but all couples meets for us have been effectively wife swaps. Which is fine but it doesn't turn me on as much as it does for other people apparently.

For me swinging is about that enjoyment of multiple people at the same time. Or sharing in your partner doing the same. Me simply sleeping with someone else's wife doesn't fulfill that, great sex though it can often be.

Of course I'm not suggesting that MFMF meets aren't swinging, they absolutely are the classic and original definition. But when they are effectively just a wife swap they don't do as much for me as an FFM or even an MMF would.

I don't know, you two have really got me thinking wider on this now. I definitely still don't feel that two people fucking can ever be swinging, nor does it need to be. But you are right, it's a very individual question

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

??

It may just be my own personal beliefs on the matter and the previous poster made some good points. For me swinging is about multiplicity and this actually ties in with a discussion myself and L had recently where I said I was somewhat disenchanted with couples meets. This isn't to say that we have had bad meets, far from it the people we have met have been awesome, but all couples meets for us have been effectively wife swaps. Which is fine but it doesn't turn me on as much as it does for other people apparently.

For me swinging is about that enjoyment of multiple people at the same time. Or sharing in your partner doing the same. Me simply sleeping with someone else's wife doesn't fulfill that, great sex though it can often be.

Of course I'm not suggesting that MFMF meets aren't swinging, they absolutely are the classic and original definition. But when they are effectively just a wife swap they don't do as much for me as an FFM or even an MMF would.

I don't know, you two have really got me thinking wider on this now. I definitely still don't feel that two people fucking can ever be swinging, nor does it need to be. But you are right, it's a very individual question"

So why is it OK for you to look for singles and call it swinging but if singles do it, then it's not swinging? Not trying to cause an issue, I'm genuinely curious as to why you think that.

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

Absolutely, OP! Superficial is where our swinging resides, no apologies found here.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

[Removed by poster at 11/04/19 21:47:03]

over a year ago

"Agree or disagree?

Superficial in what way?

Based totally on looks, which it is. At least to start with, anyone who says different is talking shite. "

Based on looks? 90% of the site members have no face just members

over a year ago

??

I don't know, you two have really got me thinking wider on this now. I definitely still don't feel that two people fucking can ever be swinging, nor does it need to be. But you are right, it's a very individual question

So why is it OK for you to look for singles and call it swinging but if singles do it, then it's not swinging? Not trying to cause an issue, I'm genuinely curious as to why you think that. "

Open can of worms there

over a year ago

??

I don't know, you two have really got me thinking wider on this now. I definitely still don't feel that two people fucking can ever be swinging, nor does it need to be. But you are right, it's a very individual question"

Swinging for us had never really being about partner swapping it’s about doing naughty things with other people in variety of MFMF, FFM, MMF combinations, just swapping partners is boring....

By *irtySekretsCouple
over a year ago

Filthy Desires Upon Trent

We are Superficial as we just want Sexual Pleasure. Not bothered about friendship. We want SEX SEX SEX xxx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

of course its superficial. The entire internet is superficial. Problems arise when people forget that

over a year ago

??

So why is it OK for you to look for singles and call it swinging but if singles do it, then it's not swinging? Not trying to cause an issue, I'm genuinely curious as to why you think that. "

Well because when a couple is seeking a single it's to form a trio, which fulfills that multiplicity element.

Because (at least to me) swinging is a distinct category from two singles having sex which has its own category, it's a hook up. And there's nothing wrong with that, I love a hook up. I just don't consider it swinging.

I guess it's also worth saying that probably the simplest way of saying it is that for me swinging cannot only include 2 people. No matter who they are. Or you're into saying that technically everyone who is sexually active is a swinger...

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Where does it say that's what 'fab' means on here?"

It doesn't.

over a year ago

"100% agree .

Swinging for us always was and always will be a very superficial hobby .

Once it becomes more than this the problems start ."

This is the one I'm going with.

By *heEvilWithinWoman
over a year ago

Barnsley

It depends on what you mean by superficial. Not the definition but the reason you are saying it.

For example do you mean that it seems too good to be true but upon inspection a lot of it is fake?

Or do you mean the people on here are only skin deep.

Regardless of what swingers may think. If you are meeting a person based entirely on looks (which not everyone does) then you aren't going to find anything positive from this site. Other than a quick fuck. Which may work for some.

I personally don't think that having any kind of sexual friendship can be based on superficial terms. There has to be something there. This however doesn't mean you want to marry someone or steal someone's partner it just means you're looking for something more..

I think maybe people have a warped view of swinging. And a lot of people I have met.. Mainly couples are probably the worst for the time wasting aspect. Don't really care if people agree or not that's been my experience. You go to a club and only the single people want to play. So maybe couples should consider what it is they really want and stop blaming the singles for all their problems

over a year ago

"of course its superficial. The entire internet is superficial. Problems arise when people forget that"

Also true.

over a year ago

Definitely agree! x

over a year ago

"Definitely agree! x"

And that's how it should be.

over a year ago

"Agree or disagree?

Superficial in what way?

Based totally on looks, which it is. At least to start with, anyone who says different is talking shite. "

Ah yes then.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

??

So why is it OK for you to look for singles and call it swinging but if singles do it, then it's not swinging? Not trying to cause an issue, I'm genuinely curious as to why you think that.

Well because when a couple is seeking a single it's to form a trio, which fulfills that multiplicity element.

Because (at least to me) swinging is a distinct category from two singles having sex which has its own category, it's a hook up. And there's nothing wrong with that, I love a hook up. I just don't consider it swinging.

I guess it's also worth saying that probably the simplest way of saying it is that for me swinging cannot only include 2 people. No matter who they are. Or you're into saying that technically everyone who is sexually active is a swinger... "

Ah but you've got singles that enjoy orgies with other singles, I do agree that alot of single men in particular are just after an easy shag. However, I know plenty of singles who only want to play with singles that I do believe are swingers as they enjoy group sex, swingers clubs, swingers holidays etc.

I don't think you can categorise someone as a swinger based on their relationship status.

over a year ago

??

I guess it's also worth saying that probably the simplest way of saying it is that for me swinging cannot only include 2 people. No matter who they are. Or you're into saying that technically everyone who is sexually active is a swinger...

Ah but you've got singles that enjoy orgies with other singles, I do agree that alot of single men in particular are just after an easy shag. However, I know plenty of singles who only want to play with singles that I do believe are swingers as they enjoy group sex, swingers clubs, swingers holidays etc.

I don't think you can categorise someone as a swinger based on their relationship status."

Then I suppose we're talking around each others points rather than against them, I wouldn't be including singles who enjoy group sex or orgies etc. Only those who *exclusively* play with single people, one at a time.

If you're participating in group sex of any sort, whether that group is 3 or 333, it's something I'd consider swinging. But 2 isn't a group, it's a pair.

Apologies if that wasn't clear, but I did use the word exclusively in my original post

over a year ago

I think there is massive amount of ego on this website, especially from people who are not exactly gods/ goddesses. Had to be said and not bothered who I offend

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I think there is massive amount of ego on this website, especially from people who are not exactly gods/ goddesses. Had to be said and not bothered who I offend "

They might be a god or goddess to someone else though.

over a year ago

"I think there is massive amount of ego on this website, especially from people who are not exactly gods/ goddesses. Had to be said and not bothered who I offend "

I know I'm not much to look at. Hasn't stopped me having sex with some hot men though

over a year ago

Very, but that's kinda the point.

You wouldn't complain that a food market was full of people wanting to eat the tastiest food they have to offer

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

??

I don't think you can categorise someone as a swinger based on their relationship status.

Then I suppose we're talking around each others points rather than against them, I wouldn't be including singles who enjoy group sex or orgies etc. Only those who *exclusively* play with single people, one at a time.

If you're participating in group sex of any sort, whether that group is 3 or 333, it's something I'd consider swinging. But 2 isn't a group, it's a pair.

Apologies if that wasn't clear, but I did use the word exclusively in my original post"

Ah apologies, I wasn't against anything you've said as such, more trying to find out your reasoning behind your views.

Someone can exclusively seek singles but still engage in group sex with those singles.

over a year ago

"I think there is massive amount of ego on this website, especially from people who are not exactly gods/ goddesses. Had to be said and not bothered who I offend

They might be a god or goddess to someone else though."

That does not give then a right to have ego or attitude though

over a year ago

"I think there is massive amount of ego on this website, especially from people who are not exactly gods/ goddesses. Had to be said and not bothered who I offend

I know I'm not much to look at. Hasn't stopped me having sex with some hot men though "

Well if you do not have ego or attitude, all the power to you, may your hot shags long continue haha

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

That does not give then a right to have ego or attitude though "

Do you not think by saying you don't care who you offend that you might have the type of attitude you're annoyed by?

over a year ago

Do you not think by saying you don't care who you offend that you might have the type of attitude you're annoyed by?

"

Not at all, just going by what I have witnessed multiple times on these forums. Basically witch hunts if people stick their necks out. I think people are scared to speak their opinions on here in the main. But I say it how it is sorry

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

Not at all, just going by what I have witnessed multiple times on these forums. Basically witch hunts if people stick their necks out. I think people are scared to speak their opinions on here in the main. But I say it how it is sorry "

No need to apologise. You need to take most of fab with a pinch of salt, don't take it too seriously and you'll find it much easier.

over a year ago

Not at all, just going by what I have witnessed multiple times on these forums. Basically witch hunts if people stick their necks out. I think people are scared to speak their opinions on here in the main. But I say it how it is sorry

No need to apologise. You need to take most of fab with a pinch of salt, don't take it too seriously and you'll find it much easier."

Thanks I am not struggling though and I am already an old hand at taking things with a pinch of salt

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

No need to apologise. You need to take most of fab with a pinch of salt, don't take it too seriously and you'll find it much easier.

Thanks I am not struggling though and I am already an old hand at taking things with a pinch of salt "

over a year ago

Life is superficial. So of course fab is.

over a year ago

Superficial in what way?

Il only meet guys I think are attractive?

Yes

Do folk put pictures up to get fabbed?

Yes.

Superficial has different meanings?

Do I only meet guys that have loads of money

No

Does fab only allow the good looking people to post pics

No

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"It depends on what you mean by superficial. Not the definition but the reason you are saying it.

For example do you mean that it seems too good to be true but upon inspection a lot of it is fake?

Or do you mean the people on here are only skin deep.

Regardless of what swingers may think. If you are meeting a person based entirely on looks (which not everyone does) then you aren't going to find anything positive from this site. Other than a quick fuck. Which may work for some.

I personally don't think that having any kind of sexual friendship can be based on superficial terms. There has to be something there. This however doesn't mean you want to marry someone or steal someone's partner it just means you're looking for something more..

I think maybe people have a warped view of swinging. And a lot of people I have met.. Mainly couples are probably the worst for the time wasting aspect. Don't really care if people agree or not that's been my experience. You go to a club and only the single people want to play. So maybe couples should consider what it is they really want and stop blaming the singles for all their problems "

We’ve never blamed singles for anything , primarily because we never had any problems .

You say people will never find anything positive from meeting people based on looks other than a quick fuck . And that certainly worked for us . We had a huge variation of what worked visually from petit to very large , and every ethnicity . But it was always about the look of someone .

The warped view of swinging comes from people believing it has to be this , that of the other . It is what it is and it’s the superficiality that makes it such fun . No need for all the baggage that goes with more than that .

But of course , that’s the view of a couple who have each other for the depth and meaningful side of sex and relationships . And , may I add , a couple who never wasted anyone’s time in the swinging scene . We played every time we went out , to a club or wherever we went when swinging .

over a year ago

"Dunno. I just make it work for me. "

Yeah this

Everyone uses the site for what they need. Makes sense x

By *ab_SparklesWoman
over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

I used to write the biggest profile like ever and I eventually found it was pointless in 10yrs of swinging. Now I give nothing away and it suits me. Happy swinging

By *andy cane321Couple
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Are there any others that are better???

over a year ago

As a single straight guy on here it seems very tricky to even get responses let alone chat with people. I’m far from an experienced member of the swing community but with eyes that have been opened it would be hard ignoring the kinks. It’s been nice to chat with a few if to somewhat of a minimal degree, lots of comments regularly in updates about fakes but a nice fun positive vibe manages to take a president.

Just my opinion. I’m sure you’ve all heard the thing about opinions? Browsing through some of the profiles I’d have to say that there’s some very lovely ones that I can agree with. Happy fabbing sexy people

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

Yes, Fabs is superfishal in our opinion. We we're just talking the othe day, about that I'd noticed of late how many on the top 10 pics profiles have so little veris due to meets. Plus their profiles stating they are only here to chat and post pics. OUR OPINION, they are not swingers.

We are old school swingers. The deffintion was on wiki " peaople who have planned and unplanned sex with others". Now there are 5 diff write up meanings to swingers. We tick all 5 meanings.

We've just re written our profile. Yes, we are hard core, hardened swingers. To us that means we meet to play. 99% of the time. We have a few NO's. Smelly/ unkempted or thous wearing relidgious wear for a meet.

We may offend a few, please feel free to block us. Leaves us more time to find those who have the intention to meet and play.

over a year ago

"Dunno. I just make it work for me.

Yeah this

Everyone uses the site for what they need. Makes sense x"

Not much makes sense on here, but this does.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Superficial? Probably. I just think you have to make the most of it, involve yourself in the parts you enjoy but ignore the rest. It works

By *uan KnightMan
over a year ago

Rugby

"Superficial? Probably. I just think you have to make the most of it, involve yourself in the parts you enjoy but ignore the rest. It works "

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

seems we have yet another thread based on what fab is, and what is and isnt swinging!!! surely we all take out of it what suits us! why oh why do we have to analyze every thing (both here and in the "real" world) life is short, live it and enjoy it FFS!!!! lol

By *hesilverfox666Man
over a year ago

Monmouth

agree its hard enough for men on here but most people are just here to while away the hours

over a year ago

"Dunno. I just make it work for me.

Yeah this

Everyone uses the site for what they need. Makes sense x

Not much makes sense on here, but this does."

By *lixir of lifeMan
over a year ago

knob Creek

Omg !!

People posting pics to get them Fab’d ??

People posting statuses to get attention to themselves??

I’m not sure if that’s shallow or superficial..

Perhaps it’s the world these days with social media..

over a year ago

agree after being here very long time knowing its hard enough for men on here but most people are just here to while away the hours to pass the time

over a year ago

It is or it isn't, its entirely up to the individual. There isn't one view of what anything is it's all subjective. Male

Post new Message to Thread