Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

The right to name and shame under certain circumstances

Jump to newest

By *littyclittybangbang OP   Man
over a year ago

Kenilworth

Suppose you go on a meet to be told to go to a certain door and you knock the door to no reply. Only to happen to look up while you think this is a windup. And there it is...... an infra red camera aimed right at you. Is the said meet sat in that house watching you at the door.... or will you get a knock on your own door due to registration being recorded? Fml. Lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Why would you get a knock on the door (I assume you mean from the police) just for turning up at someone's house?

Admin don't allow naming and shaming for obvious reasons. Report the profile. Also meet first in a neutral location.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That’s messed up, though I wouldn’t be too worried about any knocks at your door.

I think that there should, in cases like this be somewhere to report/shame. The problem is - who would govern it?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"That’s messed up, though I wouldn’t be too worried about any knocks at your door.

I think that there should, in cases like this be somewhere to report/shame. The problem is - who would govern it?"

There is somewhere to report, there's a report button on profiles.

Naming and shaming is impossible to police. For instance I could name you as sending me to the wrong address, how would you prove otherwise?

over a year ago

"That’s messed up, though I wouldn’t be too worried about any knocks at your door.

I think that there should, in cases like this be somewhere to report/shame. The problem is - who would govern it?

There is somewhere to report, there's a report button on profiles.

Naming and shaming is impossible to police. For instance I could name you as sending me to the wrong address, how would you prove otherwise?"

Exactly, there would be disgruntled individuals “shaming” those that refuse to meet etc. The report button is the best option then. Also, socials seem to be a safe bet to avoid this scenario.

By *littyclittybangbang OP   Man
over a year ago

Kenilworth

Point taken. But why would they describe in detail vehicles outside etc? So no wrong address while replying to her by the minute. Then I get blocked. Live n learn eh? Hoping it's not someone that has suffered loads of visits by fabbers.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm not unsympathetic and I understand why you're concerned. The following is from the meet fab hints and tips page

Meets tip: Follow Fab's 4 steps to a successful meet:

1.Carefully check their profile first. Are they verified by others with the green tick? Are they photo-verified? How long have they been a member? Is it too good to be true?

2.Verify for yourself. Speak to them on the phone (male and female if a couple) or see them on cam, before you make arrangements.

3.Have a social meet somewhere safe and public first e.g. cafe, pub.

4.All good? Fab. Now what's next is up to you...

It doesn't stop people from messing you about but it does make it less likely and it does mean that you find out who's actually behind a profile in a safer way.

over a year ago

Have you considered that it simply wasn't a she. It was probably some bloke or kids winding you up. Always arrange your first meet somewhere neutral. You have an element of control then.

I never understand for the life of me, why guys agree to go to a street or a town and away further instructions type meets. Alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear from the off.

By *lixir of lifeMan
over a year ago

knob Creek

I’ve gone to people’s houses at all times of the days and night..

I message when I’m outside and ask them to come to the door..

Not rocket science!!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Sorry it's happened to you OP, and not saying this was the case here, and nor am I victim blaming per se, but all too often when things like this happen it's because those it happens to get too caught up in "getting a meet" and all sense of caution or due diligence goes out the window, and there are those that will take advantage of that for amusement and sick kicks.

Best thing you can do is take your time to be absolutely as sureas you can be that the other person is genuine and as into the idea of meeting as you are and always arrange to meet somewhere publically first.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

Its v rare a single woman would invite a man they haven't met before to their home I'd say.so maybe not who they claimed to be.

As others said,do a social in public first ,saves wasted drive.

Ask to speak on the phone before hand .

Also report the profile to admin and let them deal

Naming and shaming wouldn't work as those with grudges against others could use it to their advantage.

Miss

over a year ago

We wouldn't usually do a first meet at someone's house always a cafe, pub or club and only if were in the area.

Name and shame without prior redress could be an issue and used to abuse the person for no reason. Would be extremely time wasting to manage as well. Male

Post new Message to Thread