Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Genuine guys

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What does it actually mean when a guy says that he is genuine?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

He’s probably not

By *ana_nana_MATTMAN!Man
over a year ago

Haywood Village, Weston-super-Mare

"What does it actually mean when a guy says that he is genuine?"

It means he's honest. But then, that's also what a liar would say about themselves, so....

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Possibly that he is who he claims to be, intends to meet, or similar.

But I'm of the mind that you need to show, not tell.

over a year ago

It just seems a very strange term to use but I see it so often

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It just seems a very strange term to use but I see it so often "

I think it's one of those things people copy from each other.

over a year ago

Not one of those pesky women that set up male profiles

over a year ago

"It just seems a very strange term to use but I see it so often "

Genuine, professional, blah blah blah

over a year ago

"He’s probably not "

By *ichaelsmyMan
over a year ago

douglas

I always used it say that I am a real person, who would meet. rather than some of these idiots with the fake profiles and who only get they're kicks from being the idiots they are

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm a genuine totally honest discreet professional. Definitely not a time waster. Could lick pussy for hours, guaranteed to make you squirt, it's all about you. If you want to know anything just ask. I'll answer all messages because I have manners. (Sydney uni disclaimer)

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

Also when profiles say genuine people only please - like someone is going to read that and think aw I’m a fake I’d better not send a message then

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

"I'm a genuine totally honest discreet professional. Definitely not a time waster. Could lick pussy for hours, guaranteed to make you squirt, it's all about you. If you want to know anything just ask. I'll answer all messages because I have manners. (Sydney uni disclaimer) "

over a year ago

"I'm a genuine totally honest discreet professional. Definitely not a time waster. Could lick pussy for hours, guaranteed to make you squirt, it's all about you. If you want to know anything just ask. I'll answer all messages because I have manners. (Sydney uni disclaimer) "

Lol

By *onygirlieWoman
over a year ago

Leicestershire

In my experience people who state genuine rarely are. Makes me nervous when I read that! Maybe I’ve just been unlucky!

over a year ago

It’s usually when he can’t articulte anything else positive about himself

By *pwardcurveMan
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Normally a time waster from experience of organising meets with females..

If you were genuine you wouldn’t need to put I'm genuine on your profile

By *eliciousKisserMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

It’s similar to when people start a sentence with “to be honest....”

I immediately wonder about their sincerity. If you are honest, you don’t need to emphasise it or draw attention to it. Though i realise its also a tag line that people say subconsciously without even thinking about it...like the overly used word ‘innit’!

over a year ago

"It’s similar to when people start a sentence with “to be honest....”

I immediately wonder about their sincerity. If you are honest, you don’t need to emphasise it or draw attention to it. Though i realise its also a tag line that people say subconsciously without even thinking about it...like the overly used word ‘innit’! "

Totally agree

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's a fairly standard word that's used on profiles all over the net, that is almost redundant - except that many people sincerely mean it. They probably mean that they are honest and will be reliable - but would potentially be better off, if they stated that.

We all really want to take it for granted that people here are 'genuine', that they are not false or dishonest. It's likely that the amount of dishonesty around has spurred the use of the 'genuine' word. We hear a lot about fake profiles, usually supposedly women and couples and some people who distort their physical stats too

By *ankie303Woman
over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

It holds as much value as the Sydney university nonsense

By *juk72Man
over a year ago

Reading

Guessing it means he actually reads profiles and has read 'no timewasters etc' a million times and it trying to counteract that.

By *omvampmMan
over a year ago

gillingham

"It's a fairly standard word that's used on profiles all over the net, that is almost redundant - except that many people sincerely mean it. They probably mean that they are honest and will be reliable - but would potentially be better off, if they stated that.

We all really want to take it for granted that people here are 'genuine', that they are not false or dishonest. It's likely that the amount of dishonesty around has spurred the use of the 'genuine' word. We hear a lot about fake profiles, usually supposedly women and couples and some people who distort their physical stats too "

Worried after reading this thread because I put genuine in my profile maybe I should change it. I put it there for genuine reasons dam said it again. Joking aside what everyone says makes sense and I put it there because I'm not a time waster lier or fake and fed up with those that are that ruin this fine site then again as someone else pointed out that's what a lier or fake would say so I guess I can't win ether way lol people will have to just judge for themselves I guess

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

2goods theory..

The more genuine a person is is inversely proportional to the amount of genuines used.

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

He means what he says

over a year ago

Genuine

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

It means nothing, no ones going to put that they're not genuine

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Perfect profile except you forgot to say you can't post any pics because of your job.

over a year ago

Means he is saying what he thinks you need to hear, in order to get in your pants, sadly

By *apascouseMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

If you say genuine on your profile, kinda says to me your hiding something, and that your trying to push it across

over a year ago

Friendly, reliable, honest professional, won't let you down........ User no longer on site.!!

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"What does it actually mean when a guy says that he is genuine?

It means nothing, no ones going to put that they're not genuine "

That why I don't put it. I will leave that up to people who verify me to decide weather I'm genuine.

By *uyfrombristolMan
over a year ago

Bristol

It's in response to what most women say they're looking for. You know, someone who will turn up/accommodate when they say they will, are who they say they are, aren't a total fuck boy, etc, etc.

Of course what women say they want and what they actually want are two different things.

As it happens I'm 'genuine'. I've met everyone I've said I would on this site, but I can't say the same in return... There a a fuck load of time wasters/fantasists on here.

By *100Man
over a year ago

Essex

I don't know how I would describe myself,

maybe always horny kind gentleman will always make you cum first then bang you from behind against the wall to finish myself off.

Lol is that ok

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Oh lord don't tell me there's another word that people can't use on their profile for fear of people putting their own interpretation on it.

By *eliciousKisserMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

"Means he is saying what he thinks you need to hear, in order to get in your pants, sadly "

I feel the exact same way.....when that ‘word’ appears in a profile or message, the red flag is raised immediately. In fab world, it’s an oxymoron!

over a year ago

I look at it as - Genuine, here to meet.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I look at it as - Genuine, here to meet. "

Me too.

What words can people use to describe themselves that are acceptable and carry no negative connotations?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I look at it as - Genuine, here to meet.

Me too.

What words can people use to describe themselves that are acceptable and carry no negative connotations?"

I don't think you can, apart from avoiding clichés.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Me too.

What words can people use to describe themselves that are acceptable and carry no negative connotations?

I don't think you can, apart from avoiding clichés. "

There seem to be certain words or phrases that provoke people to make assumptions about the personality of the people that use them though.

By *rGenuineMan
over a year ago

Purley

Well I chose this username to try and get across that:

- I meet when I say

- I’m not a pic collector

- I don’t lie about my size

- I understand the etiquette of swinging

If some people just think ‘that means he’s not’ then so be it, but I guess that’s what verifications are also there to help with.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Me too.

There seem to be certain words or phrases that provoke people to make assumptions about the personality of the people that use them though. "

Perhaps. I take the view, show, don't tell. Show that you're genuine, a great lover, etc. Saying it means little, other than that is how you choose to present yourself. (same could be said about my writeup, but I think I do show as well as tell)

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

It means he is full of bull poo......

over a year ago

Using Genuine in a profile means nothing more than they are saying they are genuine; in the same way words like fit, open-minded, understanding, relaxed are used.

Whether they fit your definition of the word or not is another matter. The best thing to do is read the profile/verifications and start a conversation with them - you will soon discover if you are going to click with them or not.

By *rGenuineMan
over a year ago

Purley

It means he is full of bull poo...... "

That’s your interpretation. It says more about you than them. It means you’ve fallen for BS before and therefore anyone who says the same things must in your eyes also be full of BS.

By *eliciousKisserMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

"Well I chose this username to try and get across that:

- I meet when I say

- I’m not a pic collector

- I don’t lie about my size

- I understand the etiquette of swinging

If some people just think ‘that means he’s not’ then so be it, but I guess that’s what verifications are also there to help with."

Looooool!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Me too.

There seem to be certain words or phrases that provoke people to make assumptions about the personality of the people that use them though.

Perhaps. I take the view, show, don't tell. Show that you're genuine, a great lover, etc. Saying it means little, other than that is how you choose to present yourself. (same could be said about my writeup, but I think I do show as well as tell) "

But a profile, as single men are always being told is your shop window what, other than words, are they supposed to use in the first instance to show their intent?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"But a profile, as single men are always being told is your shop window what, other than words, are they supposed to use in the first instance to show their intent?"

True. I'm not saying never use the word. I just think some clichés are a bit 'the man doth protest too much'. The less Fab clichés someone has, the better, imo. (I've been told since I joined that I've always seemed different, and indeed that's what made some people think I was probably genuine)

over a year ago

It means he is genuine and not a time waster like a lot in here plus you only have to read the verifications to show that they are genuine too

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"But a profile, as single men are always being told is your shop window what, other than words, are they supposed to use in the first instance to show their intent?

True. I'm not saying never use the word. I just think some clichés are a bit 'the man doth protest too much'. The less Fab clichés someone has, the better, imo. (I've been told since I joined that I've always seemed different, and indeed that's what made some people think I was probably genuine) "

I understand what you're saying. "I don't bite unless you want me to" gives me a bit of a twitch

over a year ago

"It just seems a very strange term to use but I see it so often

I think it's one of those things people copy from each other. "

And it's seen a lot on women's profiles who are looking for genuine guys.

over a year ago

Genuine male = he is genuinely a male. He comes with a cock and balls

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

That’s your interpretation. It says more about you than them. It means you’ve fallen for BS before and therefore anyone who says the same things must in your eyes also be full of BS."

No dear I don’t fall for BS. It was only my opinion which is what the forums are about

By *exfordMan
over a year ago

discombobulated land

It means he's looked in his pants and seen a Willy so he's now confirming he's genuine.

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

It means he's looked in his pants and seen a Willy so he's now confirming he's genuine."

Love this

over a year ago

It means he's read profiles asking for genuine people only... blah blah blah!

In the grand scheme of things, it means absolutely nothing, so I wouldn't give it any more thought.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Genuine male = he is genuinely a male. He comes with a cock and balls "

By *uyfrombristolMan
over a year ago

Bristol

That’s your interpretation. It says more about you than them. It means you’ve fallen for BS before and therefore anyone who says the same things must in your eyes also be full of BS."

Spot on mate.

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

The irony of this thread

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"It means he is genuine and not a time waster like a lot in here plus you only have to read the verifications to show that they are genuine too"

I also put look at my verications, surely too many to be faked. Also look at my photos, I can only give so much back up evidence that I am honest about myself/

over a year ago

Hmm to be fair, if he says he is, chances are he probably is. The proof is in the pudding I guess through verifications.

For example, if someone was on Tinder and were wanting a serious relationship, nobody should have any qualms if he says he is genuine. I guess it's the "fuckboys" ruining that but also trust issues some women may have from past experiences.

By *uyfrombristolMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"The irony of this thread "

Do you know what irony actually means?

over a year ago

Not made in China.

How about determined as a synonym to substitute

over a year ago

not a let down no show and knows how to fuck good and not go all soft

over a year ago

Generally someone who talks shit

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Generally someone who talks shit "

This

over a year ago

I’d say genuine is used in the same way “motivated” is on a CV.

Won’t get anymore attention but best to have it there just in case

over a year ago

"Generally someone who talks shit

This "

Is this the same for women who have genuine in their profile?

By *oungcouple25Couple
over a year ago

coventry

He’s probably pressed send prematurely, those messages normally contain the words ‘I wanna make you cum so hard’ before a Syrian airstrike of penis photos are coming your way out of nowhere.

over a year ago

He’s probably pressed send prematurely, those messages normally contain the words ‘I wanna make you cum so hard’ before a Syrian airstrike of penis photos are coming your way out of nowhere."

LMAO

By *r_PinkMan
over a year ago

london stratford

........ I wish I was genuine!!!!

over a year ago

Probably just a space filler

By *ustme6Man
over a year ago

tamworth

"Oh lord don't tell me there's another word that people can't use on their profile for fear of people putting their own interpretation on it."

By *ngelina4uWoman
over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

I really think the guys who go on about being genuine have't a clue what the name means.

over a year ago

"I really think the guys who go on about being genuine have't a clue what the name means. "

Genuine huge cock!

Post new Message to Thread