Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Fab Site type

Jump to newest

By *randMrsTease OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

So what type of site would folks class fab as?

Personally I would class it as a social networking site for like minded folks to connect.

However just got a reply "M8 it's a sex site not Faceb**k" because I told them their username was a turn off. I can imagine they are getting frustrated because they aren't getting it easy as they though.

Am I seeing fab in the wrong sense or should I remain with my own view?

Mr. Tease

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *roticGoddessXXWoman
over a year ago

Richmond

"So what type of site would folks class fab as?

Personally I would class it as a social networking site for like minded folks to connect.

However just got a reply "M8 it's a sex site not Faceb**k" because I told them their username was a turn off. I can imagine they are getting frustrated because they aren't getting it easy as they though.

Mr. Tease"

Completely agree with you. Not that I'd post pics here of my dinner or daily updates on where I am/what I'm doing (which I don't do on FB, by the way, either, god forbid).

The way I see it, there are no guarantees for sex unless you pay for it; those who think people here are only free sex options can unhappily go their own way.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

I wanna know the username now haha. PussyAnnihilator or something.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mr. Tease"

It's my firm belief that Fab is a Swingers Site. For those of us who like to form a social bond as well as a sexual one. That's how I see myself.

I think the Daters, Fuckers, and Fetish chasers are tolerated because experienced Swingers tend to be quite tolerant, open minded and curious people.

Given Swingers are probably outnumbered by the rest of you now, it's probably safe to say you can use the site in whichever way YOU prefer, provided you respect the users and the people who run the site.

over a year ago

Sexy social networking!

By *ust ClareTV/TS
over a year ago

Settlewick!

I'd say it's a social site for broad minded adults who may then choose to take things to a sexual level

I enjoy it as I can chat about things I wouldn't be able to in real life

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think it's many things to many people and it's down to each of us how we personally view it and use it but I like your description of it being a social networking site to connect with like minded people OP.

The key is finding those people who are on the same page as you as to the type of site it is, which the person that you refer to obviously wasn't, and probably for the reasons you give.

There are of course those that have totally the wrong idea of what the site is, or should be, and they're the ones that ultimately will be frustrated by it

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Sexy social networking!"

This.

But a username tells you something. KnockInYourBackDoor (apologies if user exists) sounds immature and/or unaware of how they're perceived. Some names I see regularly also sound like they've just discovered their wee wee and want to show it off. While it'd be more appropriate on (major non sexual social networking site) , it still doesn't look good here.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"Sexy social networking!

This.

But a username tells you something. KnockInYourBackDoor (apologies if user exists) sounds immature and/or unaware of how they're perceived. Some names I see regularly also sound like they've just discovered their wee wee and want to show it off. While it'd be more appropriate on (major non sexual social networking site) , it still doesn't look good here. "

I was gonna use smashyourbackdoorsin.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I didn't give my username nearly as much thought as I should have

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"I didn't give my username nearly as much thought as I should have "
Yeah, could do with a change.

over a year ago

Not a social site because people are too particular. If you don't meet what they're looking for in an encounter, it stops there. No point making (horrible) small talk and so no need to be 'friends'.

Not a sex site either because, lets face it, that's never a guarantee.

It's target-based finding someone with the same interests with a view to doing them so if anything, it's more like an adult dating site than either a sex or social one.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I didn't give my username nearly as much thought as I should have Yeah, could do with a change. "

It's actually oddly fitting. I do wear them. My thoughts went to "not an alias I use anywhere else".

over a year ago

It's a hub.

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

I'd use the term that Fab decribes itself as:

'Fab Swingers is a community space for swingers in the UK, USA and other English-speaking countries'.

Sex is the underlying tone of the site, but it is not a sex site.

over a year ago

Mr. Tease"

I'd agree with that analogy. And in fact we both get turned off by people's usernames too

C

over a year ago

Mr. Tease"

From what I “knew” before I joined, its a site for Swinging

Now I’ve been here 5 months, it’s basically a POF/Tinder type thing as everyone on there I spoke to 4 years ago are on here now, consequently my Block List is LONG.

Personally; I like the social aspect the Forums provide now after having my fun and meeting some wonderful men 1:1 or brilliant folk at Socials.

Like anything, there’s always that small percentage of negative experiences that has stopped me seeking out new men to play with.

I’ve made straight female friends through Forums that know if they ever need an ear, I’m here for them.

I think it’s definitely become more of a hook-up site for opportunists and that’s why I’ve given up the “meet” part.

Xx

By *ust ClareTV/TS
over a year ago

Settlewick!

"Not a social site because people are too particular. If you don't meet what they're looking for in an encounter, it stops there. No point making (horrible) small talk and so no need to be 'friends'.

Not a sex site either because, lets face it, that's never a guarantee.

It's target-based finding someone with the same interests with a view to doing them so if anything, it's more like an adult dating site than either a sex or social one."

I disagree.Theres people on here that I talk to who I would never be likely to meet, because of distance,amongst other reasons,but I can still chat with them about things which in the vanilla world would be frowned upon, even down to such trivial things as asking opinions on new clothes or make-up.It doesn't all have to be about sex, some of the more popular dating sites in truth are more likely to be about instant hook-ups

So,no it's not really a 'swingers' site in a lot of respects, more about lifestyle

As a TV, I can talk and meet with a broad spectrum of society, which no other online site really caters for

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Cattle Market and Horse Fair

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Sexy social networking!"

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"Sexy social networking!

"

I musta missed the sexy bits -do you know where they're hiding?

over a year ago

Mr. Tease"

Definitely a social networking site for people with the same interests

over a year ago

I don't know why folk get the hump if here is referred to as a sex site.

Many of us are probably ultimately looking to get laid, regardless of how we go about it

over a year ago

"I don't know why folk get the hump if here is referred to as a sex site.

Many of us are probably ultimately looking to get laid, regardless of how we go about it "

Fare point well made lol

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't know why folk get the hump if here is referred to as a sex site.

Many of us are probably ultimately looking to get laid, regardless of how we go about it "

I wouldn't care if that's all it was. But it's usually "it's just a sex site, therefore you're not allowed to have standards and have to fuck me, or I can be as crude and grotesque as I like and you're not allowed to think bad things about it"

Out for sex? Have at it. So am I... on my terms.

By *randMrsTease OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

I've always thought of it a social network site for like minded swingers, ultimately it's for helping people meet for sexual fun.

However if it's just viewed as a place where you believe you can get quick and easy sh*g that where it fails. To many people coming on thinking you must be some kinda slut because your one a swing site.

Social first, sex second.

over a year ago

The clue is in the name really.

By *nderIwonder.Man
over a year ago

2nd City

The guy has a point it is most definitely not shitty Facebook and definitely not social media.

By *nderIwonder.Man
over a year ago

2nd City

If you want to post pics of your dinner and whine about what you are upto then go and use social media.

Post new Message to Thread